Voting Round 1 - Natsu Dragneel vs. Licht | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Natsu Dragneel vs. Licht

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

• Licht

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
7DS wouldn't be stopped that easy by anti-magic neither blitzed without catching up.

And Acnologia is fast, for sure. You can just go and see how fast he dealt with God Serena.
A heavily weakened Licht blitzed Asta, a weaker version of whom could react to a lightspeeder.

A not-full power Licht outsped Zagred's magic

He is much faster than people like Patry and Rhya who could move at the speed of light and is likely faster than Base Pre-TS Mereoleona who could blitz a lightspeeder and saw light magic as slow

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I still think Natsu can keep up due to his speed feats. Thing is the animation doesn't make it clear, but I bet that the fact that Acnologia could blitz both August, Jacob and God Serena without none of them even noticing, Natsu blitzing Zeref, is proof enough.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I still think Natsu can keep up due to his speed feats. Thing is the animation doesn't make it clear, but I bet that the fact that Acnologia could blitz both August, Jacob and God Serena without none of them even noticing, Natsu blitzing Zeref, is proof enough.
Zeref has no feats that put him anywhere near lightspeed

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He can use space magic to teleport. But what I mean is that Natsu did blitzed him.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
He can use space magic to teleport. But what I mean is that Natsu did blitzed him.
We're talking about his reactions and combat speed, not teleportation

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
His combat speed isn't low either, at least it wasn't when he fought Natsu. He isn't as fast as Acnologia or August, of course, but he isn't a slime either.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
His combat speed isn't low either, at least it wasn't when he fought Natsu. He isn't as fast as Acnologia or August, of course, but he isn't a slime either.
He's not FTL. He may as well be a slime to Licht.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's my boy Natsu winning this.

I respect the characters and skills of Black Clover, but we're talking about the no.1 mage of Earthland, Natsu.

In general, Natsu's stats are comparable to Gajeel's. The FT sequel proves this.

However, the reason why he is the top mage in FT is because of his insane ability to increase his power with intense emotion. It puts him leagues above other strong mages. It comes down to his personality and strength of character, it allows him to unlock effectively an infinite potential.

If this match starts off with both parties in 'fight mode', Natsu would win in a tough bout. If both are bloodlusted Natsu will end this very quickly.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Well, I like Natsu but Licht is not an opponent for him. Natsu has raw power and is a tough guy, especially if he rise into Dragon Force which boost his stats to another levels.

But Licht is a perfect negation of Natsu. Natsu use "Magic". Licht's swords are "Anti-Magic" and act as Nakagami's Erza's "Anti Magic". Licht can strike and cut through Natsu's spells. If it's not enough, his speed is unbeleavable and yes, Natsu has good speed ,but not even close to even react. Licht is some "One Piece Kizaru's character" in speed.

Speed and Licht's tools are problematic here, even for a Wizard as strong as Natsu.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Natsu wins cause he has main character power o/

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm inclined to vote for Natsu here. His raw power just seems greater. It's true that Licht is very fast but I don't see Natsu falling to a single strike. All his battles are about tanking damage for hours before he nakamas up.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Wrong
He's way faster
Kizaru is a paradox. He is a "slow motion" character in his way to be a passive guy. But he can move at light speed and uses this elemental's speed to give AoE attacks, vaccums and lasers who can pierce everything. His habilities is like "Light's Magic" in Balck Clover, with same properties of speed and blind attacks. His fruit made him the incarnation of the "Light".

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I'm inclined to vote for Natsu here. His raw power just seems greater. It's true that Licht is very fast but I don't see Natsu falling to a single strike. All his battles are about tanking damage for hours before he nakamas up.
How will he tank getting decapitated ?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
How will he tank getting decapitated ?
Natsu has taken deep cuts throughout the manga and he never came close to losing half a limb. I wouldn't be surprised if he can tank a slash to the neck, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he was simply fast enough to react to the attack, as he really has been fighting speedsters since early in the manga.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Natsu has taken deep cuts throughout the manga and he never came close to losing half a limb. I wouldn't be surprised if he can tank a slash to the neck, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he was simply fast enough to react to the attack, as he really has been fighting speedsters since early in the manga.
Without Dragon Force (which will be negated by Licht's anti-magic) I doubt he'll be durable enough to tank attacks from someone as powerful as Licht.

And again Licht is in a different weight class to any FT speedster.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Without Dragon Force (which will be negated by Licht's anti-magic) I doubt he'll be durable enough to tank attacks from someone as powerful as Licht.

And again Licht is in a different weight class to any FT speedster.
Natsu fought and defeated an anti-magic user before the Tower of Heaven arc. Way, way before he gained his current power level, so just his opponent having an anti-magic weapon in itself is not enough of an argument to guarantee Natsu's defeat.

"Someone as powerful as Licht". We are talking physical strength here, so: exactly how physically strong is Licht? What is his best feat and how does it compare to Natsu's best feat?

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Natsu fought and defeated an anti-magic user before the Tower of Heaven arc. Way, way before he gained his current power level, so just his opponent having an anti-magic weapon in itself is not enough of an argument to guarantee Natsu's defeat.

"Someone as powerful as Licht". We are talking physical strength here, so: exactly how physically strong is Licht? What is his best feat and how does it compare to Natsu's best feat?

There is no way on earth Natsu is surviviving that without dragon force.

The guy who got vaporized by it (Zagred) can no-sell country-busting attacks

Zagred is way stronger than Patry- who can do this-

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

There is no way on earth Natsu is surviviving that without dragon force.

The guy who got vaporized by it (Zagred) can no-sell country-busting attacks

Zagred is way stronger than Patry- who can do this-
I read Black Clover.

Those attacks you posted aren't anti-magic attacks, so there's no reason for Natsu to tank them without dragon force.

That second attack isn't bigger than the punch Natsu used to take down the mountain-range-sized Aldoron.

Can Licht block it with his sword magic? I don't personally believe he's strong enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, we were talking about Licht's physical strength to decapitate Natsu. The attack he used to disintegrated Zagred wasn't only not physical strength, it also used other people's absorbed magic.

Licht doesn't have anti-magic as far as we know, what he has is "absorb and release through his sword" magic. He can't hurt Natsu by returning his fire to him.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I read Black Clover.

Those attacks you posted aren't anti-magic attacks, so there's no reason for Natsu to tank them without dragon force.

That second attack isn't bigger than the punch Natsu used to take down the mountain-range-sized Aldoron.

Can Licht block it with his sword magic? I don't personally believe he's strong enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, we were talking about Licht's physical strength to decapitate Natsu. The attack he used to disintegrated Zagred wasn't only not physical strength, it also used other people's absorbed magic.

Licht doesn't have anti-magic as far as we know, what he has is "absorb and release through his sword" magic. He can't hurt Natsu by returning his fire to him.
Licht's swords have anti-magic properties, they can cut and nullify magic.

Licht was powerful enough to destroy the clover kingdom which is hundreds of kilometres wide, his physical blows should scale to the power of other people on his level and his other attacks. He also physically dominated Asta and Yuno.

I also see no reason why Licht can't absorb Natsu's spells and fire them back at him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.