Quarterfinal - Natsu vs Gildarts | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Natsu vs Gildarts

Who wins this quarterfinal round?

• Natsu

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 48 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
That was due to plot.Here he will not be restricted like that.He will start in that mode.Moreover in his DF he blew up Zeref's whole body-a feat that even Igneel powered Natsu couldn't do.
Natsu needed extreme emotional duress to enter DF. There's no reason to believe he can just whip it out wherever he wants. Besides, Gildarts isn't as weak as Zeref.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Gildarts takes this, frankly speaking even if you give Natsu Dragon Force he isn't quite at Gildarts level, Id put him on Laxus's level, and Gildarts is superior to that.
High diff.

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly don't see why we can use Natsu's feats against Zeref for his fight against Gildarts. Chapter 536 proved to me that Natsu's desire to protect his friends has a huge influence on his power. Unlike Zeref, Gildarts isn't a direct threat to Natsu's friends, so Natsu will have less fuel for his emotional flames. No way he replicates his feats against fairy heart zeref in his fight against gildarts

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Crash magic. Gildarts might lose an arm to crash it but that attack would leave Natsu exhausted
No evidence that Gildarts can crash that type of magic.Infact in his fight with August he never crashed any of his spells-he used Crash Magic on August himself only once not on any of his attack.

And Natsu's magic burned Time itself.

Natsu needed extreme emotional duress to enter DF. There's no reason to believe he can just whip it out wherever he wants. Besides, Gildarts isn't as weak as Zeref.
He don't need to.Did you even read Chapter 531?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu has never managed to "vaporise" anybody no matter his bloodthirstiness.
As John Cena once said, are you sure about that?

Yes, Zeref's body came back afterwards BUT it was only because of Fairy Heart, nothing else. Gildarts doesn't have Fairy Heart so how on earth is his body going to fare any better if Natsu connects with this attack?

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Dude he scattered Zeref's molecules for like 4 seconds. Tell me how that's impressive at all.
It isn't impressive?What are you saying?

Remember in Chapter 465 he used a massive attack in FDKM with Igneel's power which left Zeref heavily injured but still didn't leave him in this state.So this means DF Natsu produced a much stronger attack than Igneel powered Natsu did.

#As a matter of fact i made all points so will not do anymore.After Natsu defeated FH Zeref -unless you give in to your emotions you will vote for Natsu.

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was just gonna go with Gildarts, but tbh I'm kinda confused. Natsu's best feat was done under extreme emotional distress while Gildarts best feat was done under normal circumstances. But beating a guy with unlimited magic is Impressive under any circumstances. Besides If I voted for Gildarts and he somehow wins then the final's gonna be boring since it's either Irene vs August or Gildarts vs August. Natsu vs August sounds more interesting so I'm gonna vote for Natsu. I might change my mind though:cheez

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As John Cena once said, are you sure about that?

Yes, Zeref's body came back afterwards BUT it was only because of Fairy Heart, nothing else. Gildarts doesn't have Fairy Heart so how on earth is his body going to fare any better if Natsu connects with this attack?
Zeref didn't have Crash Magic though did he? It may hurt Gildarts a good amount blocking it, but he's skilled enough for the job.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It isn't impressive?What are you saying?

Remember in Chapter 465 he used a massive attack in FDKM with Igneel's power which left Zeref heavily injured but still didn't leave him in this state.So this means DF Natsu produced a much stronger attack than Igneel powered Natsu did.

#As a matter of fact i made all points so will not do anymore.After Natsu defeated FH Zeref -unless you give in to your emotions you will vote for Natsu.
That's why I'm not voting for Natsu lol. Because he's the MC, people ignore the strengths of other characters. Zeref was in reality very weak. It was only PoF that allowed Natsu to defeat the immortal Zeref anyway. So his feats against Zeref may as well not count in my eyes.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Zeref didn't have Crash Magic though did he? It may hurt Gildarts a good amount blocking it, but he's skilled enough for the job.
But would Gildarts' crash magic have the attack power to stop the punch? I think not here. When it comes down to raw power, even Gildarts' crash can't match that, especially when we've seen an immortal with infinite magic power get destroyed by it.

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hate to say it but I think Natsu got this. He demolished FH Zeref with DF and that's without POF. So yeah, sorry Gildarts

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
But would Gildarts' crash magic have the attack power to stop the punch? I think not here. When it comes down to raw power, even Gildarts' crash can't match that, especially when we've seen an immortal with infinite magic power get destroyed by it.
I can see Gildarts playing with Natsu lol. He wouldn't be disturbed by his limitless reserves of Plotsu power and just use his overwhelming strength against him, ie: burying him under a mountain he toppled with his own punch or something. I'm betting on Gildarts experience and skill here. The MC isn't the only character who improves in a manga. Gildarts has always come out on top no matter how strong Natsu got.

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Without friendship power I'll go with Gildarts.

But with friendship power, we have to ask, won't both of them be able to tap into it, only that we haven't seen Gildarts doing it that much? If so the only way for Natsu to win decisively is if one assumes that Gildarts can't tap into his feelings in the same extent that Natsu can, or if Natsu is assumed to have special protagonist-only friendship powers that can overcome the friendship powers of others...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can see Gildarts playing with Natsu lol. He wouldn't be disturbed by his limitless reserves of Plotsu power and just use his overwhelming strength against him, ie: burying him under a mountain he toppled with his own punch or something. I'm betting on Gildarts experience and skill here. The MC isn't the only character who improves in a manga. Gildarts has always come out on top no matter how strong Natsu got.
Your reasoning is fairly weak because we've never seen Natsu go all out against Gildarts. As for experience and skill, there comes a point where overwhelming power exceeds that, and there are prime examples throughout the entire series. Hades, and most recently Zeref are prime examples. Yes, the MC isn't the only one who improves in a manga, but can Gildarts match the power that left no trace of an immortal who has very good regeneration powers? No, he can't. He hasn't shown anything on that level, and at the end of the day the feats speak for that attack of Natsu's being enough imo.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your reasoning is fairly weak because we've never seen Natsu go all out against Gildarts. As for experience and skill, there comes a point where overwhelming power exceeds that, and there are prime examples throughout the entire series. Hades, and most recently Zeref are prime examples. Yes, the MC isn't the only one who improves in a manga, but can Gildarts match the power that left no trace of an immortal who has very good regeneration powers? No, he can't. He hasn't shown anything on that level, and at the end of the day the feats speak for that attack of Natsu's being enough imo.
That goes the opposite way as well though. Gildarts has never gone anywhere near all out against Natsu, so my reasoning isn't actually as weak as you'd like it to be.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, we already know that Natsu couldn't have taken Zeref down without PoF BS which has no place in this Tourney, or at least shouldn't.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That goes the opposite way as well though. Gildarts has never gone anywhere near all out against Natsu, so my reasoning isn't actually as weak as you'd like it to be.
But comparing what the two have done in this arc, you've got to say feat-wise Natsu with Dragon Force has the upper hand as he destroyed Zeref with Fairy Heart. Gildarts can't compete against that level of power.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Gildarts wins imo i mean for me natsu isn't stronger than him except ofc if he becomes plotsu dragneel...then gildarts gets destroyed hard but without pof gildarts ftw

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
As much as i hate it, and i hate it very much, one dragon force demolition fist and Gildarts is "crushed" (pun intendet).
Ok but now serious, Gildarts has this very tricky ability to crush spells. Now if he would manage to crush Natsu's spells, he would stand a chance, but if his spell crusher can be overwhelmed, Natsu would most defeneatly win.
Natsu for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.