Round of 16 - Natsu vs Larcade | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Natsu vs Larcade

Which Dragneel wins?

• Natsu

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • Larcade

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Natsu Dragneel

Larcade Dragneel
[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto%;border-width: 0px;"][/TD]

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Best of 16 stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion ends: May 17th, 2017
Voting ends: May 18th, 2017

Natsu does not have access to END's power

Last edited:

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
this is one sided annihilation Natsu is the strongest character:yodawg:yodawg

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I mean Natsu was struggling with his Magic and may would've been asleep had not Zeref blitz Larcade. So idk due to me knowing how Natsu is.:neutral

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well after the recent chapters we shouldn't have any doubt Natsu will win.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
While it's a valid argument that Larcade's magic was working on Natsu, at the same time he was resisting it better than what we'd seen others do previously. I think if he can get an attack in using FDKM or Dragon Force then it's as good as over.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think this is fairly close. Natsu is all round stronger, but Larcade could actually drop him. Larcade was crawling to the guild with not a great deal of energy left, and was still able to stop Natsu with RIP.

I'm putting my chips on Natsu now but could change it for sure.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I like the matchup, Larcade would be one of the few characters capable of beating Natsu due to hax. But cause Natsu is Natsu he wins, Larcade's hax is too unreliable as well, maybe if he runs and hides while casting it he could pull off a win eventually..

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Both could win. One due to hax and another due to raw power. If it is all serious I suppose Natsu could enyer DF from start and can hit Larcade once even under RIP effect. So Natsu has more chanses.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The probability of Natsu to one-shot is greater than Larcade's probability to do the same.

While Larcade has the ability to incapacitate Natsu, Natsu can still put up some resistance against his haxx. By contrast, Larcade is unable to oppose Natsu conventionally.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well we've never seen the extent of Larcade's power since Sting plotholed him. But of what we know and of what a weaken Larcade did to both Natsu and Zeref, I say Larcade takes this right out of the gate. Natsu doesn't really have a strong constitution or willpower for basic urges like hunger, pain, sleep.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The probability of Natsu to one-shot is greater than Larcade's probability to do the same.

While Larcade has the ability to incapacitate Natsu, Natsu can still put up some resistance against his haxx. By contrast, Larcade is unable to oppose Natsu conventionally.
We don't know that. Since the only attacks that have actually hurt Larcade was Zeref's black magic, which blew a giant hole in his chest, yet he kept on living and Sting's hax magic.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
We don't know that. Since the only attacks that have actually hurt Larcade was Zeref's black magic, which blew a giant hole in his chest, yet he kept on living and Sting's hax magic.

DF Natsu vaporised Zeref.Do you think Larcade has more durability than Zeref?

Which is not possible,and also he got injured by Holy Nova of Sting-an attack that Base Natsu stopped in GMG.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Well... I'd like to believe that Larcade is able to win against even Natsu, since he was able to stop him while being in an extremely bad shape. But.. Realistically... I don't know if his hax is enough to real win against Natsu.
Hard match-up.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Yeah, Larcade takes this honestly, I don't see Natsu finding a way out of his hax, and Larcade's hax isn't exactly something you can overpower your way out of as shown when Kagura had to bite her tongue to release herself from the tentacles, and Sting had to enter his shadows to escape R.I.P.
Larcade simply ends the fight before Natsu can land any devastating damage on him.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
DF Natsu vaporised Zeref.Do you think Larcade has more durability than Zeref?

Which is not possible,and also he got injured by Holy Nova of Sting-an attack that Base Natsu stopped in GMG.
Natsu went DF under extreme emotional duress, We have no idea if he can do it at will, but likely not, since he would have used it combined with Igneel's flames to kill Zeref before.

Larcade meanwhile would go all out from the start, and unless he threatened to murder all of Natsu's friends, he wouldn't have a reason to go DF.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu went DF under extreme emotional duress, We have no idea if he can do it at will, but likely not, since he would have used it combined with Igneel's flames to kill Zeref before.

Larcade meanwhile would go all out from the start, and unless he threatened to murder all of Natsu's friends, he wouldn't have a reason to go DF.
Natsu perfectly went DF according to his own will.He was smiling when he went DF and was not angry or something like that and i think at this point of time it's perfectly clear Natsu don't need outside stimulus to enter DF like Wendy.

And why will he combine DF with Igneel's flame when it can be done with a weaker version powerup mode FDKM.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu perfectly went DF according to his own will.He was smiling when he went DF and was not angry or something like that and i think at this point of time it's perfectly clear Natsu don't need outside stimulus to enter DF like Wendy.

And why will he combine DF with Igneel's flame when it can be done with a weaker version powerup mode FDKM.
He wasn't smiling, he was seething, and he only went into DF because he thought Zeref had killed Mavis. Also, Wendy doesn't need outside stimuli. She, Sting, and Rogue are the only ones that can enter DF at will.

And Natsu can use both. They're not mutually exclusive. Like mystique Gohan going super saiyan.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
He wasn't smiling, he was seething, and he only went into DF because he thought Zeref had killed Mavis. Also, Wendy doesn't need outside stimuli. She, Sting, and Rogue are the only ones that can enter DF at will.

And Natsu can use both. They're not mutually exclusive. Like mystique Gohan going super saiyan.
Oh my God i can't believe i am arguing this at this point of time.

I seriously doubt you remember all this
He wasn't smiling, he was seething, and he only went into DF because he thought Zeref had killed Mavis.
He went DF even before Zeref had touched Mavis.Please read the end of Chapter 531.He was smiling when he went DF.
And Zeref hurt Mavis only in Chapter 532 and 533.

She, Sting, and Rogue are the only ones that can enter DF at will.

Natsu is the first First Gen Dragon Slayer who went DF without outside stimulus as before as Tartaros.And against Zeref we saw he also he did that according to his will.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
There is really no reason for Larcade's magic to not work on Natsu tbh. I don't believe we have seen characters attacking Larcade when he is using his magic. They are either stuck trying to fight it or they simply fall for it. Honestly speaking, Natsu shouldn't even be able to get off a spell if Larcade is fighting seriously and with intent to kill. DF Natsu certainly can obliterate Larcade but even though he can do this at will, he does not start the fight in that mode and larcade should be able to hold his own against Natsu. I mean, this dude didn't parry but literally stopped Kagura's unsheathed blade with 2 fingers, took attacks from enhanced sting and still had enough strength to crawl all the way to the guild, cast RIP on Natsu enough to immobilize him despite being in a weakened state, take attacks from Zeref without completely going down until zeref used book hax. If a weakened larcade can immoblize Natsu with RIP, then at full power, he could potentially use his spells to take down Natsu. However, I will not disregard the fact that Natsu himself was not exactly in optimal shape, and that Larcade doesn't seem to be able to use spells and attack at the same time. Seems to be the case considering he requested that Zeref kills Natsu while he is unable to move when he could have done it himself or at least attacked. I suppose one could argue that Natsu could perhaps fight RIP long enough to force a stalemate or a situation where Larcade has to dispel it, and then he can use that opportunity.
Well, I am likely in the minority, but I think Larcade will take this. Natsu does have a chance, but I think he will be on the defensive (trying not to fall to RIP) for majority of the fight, and won't necessarily get the opportunity to use DF and make the attacks he needs. I do need to check more on Larcade's abilities and drawbacks for more information but I'm sticking with him for now

Status
Not open for further replies.