Round of 16 - Natsu vs Larcade | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Natsu vs Larcade

Which Dragneel wins?

• Natsu

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • Larcade

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Taking hits does indeed break bursts of concentration at infinitesimal moments. Larcade's RIP is a steady stream of constant drowsiness, which inherently taxes the mind at completely different level, forcing a part the mind try to fend off the constant drowsiness that probably only getting worse, and another to continue fighting. This is nothing like pain, which while can have its sustained impact on the mind for extremely grievous injuries, I'd argue Natsu's acclimated enough to pain to mentally withstand it in battle without letting it hamper his concentration, so long as the rest of his body doesn't fail him.

I'm just repeating myself at this point. I, like quite a few other people here, don't see Natsu as strong-willed enough to be able maintain sufficient concentration in that sort of situation to induce Dragon Force transformation, let alone maintain it.

Yet Zeref stated that Larcade's magic was suited to match up against Acno. This is an assertion that relates directly to the character at hand, let alone inferring any sort of speculation as to what you may feel about DF Natsu being arguably strong enough to somehow turn off Larcade's hax.

Let's keep in mind that Larcade's Pleasure had an impact on both Zeref and Irene, the former obviously much stronger and the latter very arguably so. Hax magic is hax magic.

Larcade's magic was engineered to take down opponents much stronger than he was, and his magic was shown to be effective on stronger individuals.

Human -> Dragon Force is what's being discussed here. One of the most strenuous transformations in the series that alters your body.
Getting hit can completely disorientate you. Larcade's magic is constant, but it only impairs their ability to focus slightly. At least, that's the effects we've seen on on Natsu and Sting. It never impaired them to the point where they couldn't form thoughts. Pain isn't the same as drowsiness. It's worse. Natsu was in a worse shape fighting Zero than he was from the effects of Larcade's magic. The same can be applied to being trapped by Zeref's black magic.

Irene was still able to use attacks against Erza and Wendy, and she wasn't in her dragon form. Zeref would have oneshotted Larcade if they were actually in a fight. Moreover, pleasure wouldn't work on Natsu.

Zeref also thought END's power could kill him. From what we've seen from END's power so far, that's pretty far from being accurate. Zeref overestimated his demons, and the demons overrate themselves. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe Larcade can actually prevent Acnologia from going DF and then oneshotting him? Or Irene.

Also, like I said before. Dragon Force is overkill in terms of attack power. It has the best chance of making Natsu immune to Larcade's magic, but Natsu probably knock Larcade out with demolition done in base mode. Either way, dragon force was never stated to be that mentally taxing. It taxed their users magically and maybe physically if they go all out. However, think back at all the times Natsu used dragon force. How much complex thought did he require?

Last edited:

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Natsu no diff.

he is on the God Zeref's level in base.

though I'm voting for Larcade.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If Larcade really passes this round,i wonder how many people will make the same argument about Larcade's R.I.P. if he faces Gildarts or Gray.
Exactly. I personally can't see Larcade taking down anyone Erza's level or higher.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
lacade is losing here although he has the hax natsu has df. natsu can speedblitz him be4 he can manage to perform the RIP. RIP worked on base natsu but df natsu is a whole another level. its debate if DF natsu would have kill/vaperoised base zeref (tho he is garbage)
Exactly. I personally can't see Larcade taking down anyone Erza's level or higher.
disagree he is beating people even at gildartz level
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In a real fight, natsu takes this. In this forum tournament? Natsu loses this round.

Too many people hate natsu for them to declare him the winner. Natsu hate is too strong on here
plz dont use this as an excuse. that wouldnt be the reason why he loses if he loses its because of the great debate that people contribute in this forums

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Larcade has shown he's capable of winning. Both have freakish stamina, but Larcade was still moving from getting a hole in his chest while Natsu went down. Plus, given what Natsu does to Lucy all the time, I have a hard time believing erotica magic wouldn't affect him.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Dragon Force is greater than the END powers we've seen so far though.
Yes I am aware :) Just clarifying in case people don't know END's power is restricted, since Natsu defeating DiMaria is an example of END's power.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't see how there's any contest here.

Larcade tried to put Natsu to sleep while he was fighting Zeref and still failed.

Here, Natsu is going to fight Larcade from the get-go. Once he activates DF and uses any spell, Larcade is finished.

This one is too obvious, and hopefully, Natsu will prevail on this one.

Larcade is overrated, he's no different than any regular etherious demon. All his portrayal and hype is now canonically false. His feats are average at best. There's no way he's pulling through this one.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Don't see how there's any contest here.

Larcade tried to put Natsu to sleep while he was fighting Zeref and still failed.

Here, Natsu is going to fight Larcade from the get-go. Once he activates DF and uses any spell, Larcade is finished.

This one is too obvious, and hopefully, Natsu will prevail on this one.

Larcade is overrated, he's no different than any regular etherious demon. All his portrayal and hype is now canonically false. His feats are average at best. There's no way he's pulling through this one.
@ bold

How would that matter? Doesn't that ability depend on the sin that hte victim has experienced or something, rather than fighting or being distracted?

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
lacade is losing here although he has the hax natsu has df. natsu can speedblitz him be4 he can manage to perform the RIP. RIP worked on base natsu but df natsu is a whole another level. its debate if DF natsu would have kill/vaperoised base zeref (tho he is garbage)

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

plz dont use this as an excuse. that wouldnt be the reason why he loses if he loses its because of the great debate that people contribute in this forums
Lol people arent voting for natsu solely because hes natsu. Thats a fact, people will proudly say it.. Give me a break lol people are so biased its a joke. "Great debate"

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
To me, this matchup is determined entirely on whether Natsu will have the chance to go DF or not. If he manages to pull it off, Larcade is pretty boned. Reason why is that I put DF Natsu up there at around Irene's level. And seeing how little of an effect Pleasure had on Irene compared to everyone else, I'd imagine that once Natsu goes DF Larcade's hax isn't going to be very effective. IMO Larcade really only has a chance to win if he can take out or at least incapacitate Natsu before he goes DF. Otherwise he takes a DF boosted Demo Fist to the face and he's out.

Natsu's mode changes and DF transformations have always been pretty quick, so I don't think Larcade has time to take him out before he goes DF. And I don't think his hax is strong enough in general to flat out prevent Natsu from accessing a power-up. So Natsu takes this pretty handily for me.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lol people arent voting for natsu solely because hes natsu. Thats a fact, people will proudly say it.. Give me a break lol people are so biased its a joke. "Great debate"
While people are voting for Natsu solely because he's Natsu. ANd yet no one points that out and is okay with the bias. Love the hypocrisy.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
While people are voting for Natsu solely because he's Natsu. ANd yet no one points that out and is okay with the bias. Love the hypocrisy.
Until someone directly comes out and says they're voting for Natsu solely because he's Natsu (like people have done the other way around), your claims are nothing but conjecture and the hypocrisy you speak of doesn't exist.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
@ bold

How would that matter? Doesn't that ability depend on the sin that hte victim has experienced or something, rather than fighting or being distracted?

Well, some people are using the argument that Larcade was weakened and crawling on the floor when he casted that sleeping spell.

The fact is that Natsu wasn't in any better condition since he was fighting Zeref the whole time. If anything, Natsu was also exhausted from fighting against Zeref.

Not to mention, Natsu had to 1v2 both Zeref and Larcade when the sleeping spell was casted on him.

And Natsu still managed to stay awake.

That means in a 1v1, Natsu would completely demolish Larcade, regardless of RIP (or whatever sleeping spell is used).

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I haven't seen anyone say they're voting for Natsu because he's Natsu. Like I'm pretty sure nobody voting for Natsu is voting because they really dislike Larcade. I can name at least one person who says they won't vote for Natsu despite the fact they believe he's stronger.

I just can't see him taking down Gajeel, Erza, Gray, or Jellal. Laxus and Gildarts maybe, but that's really only because pleasure is a gag. If their lives were on the line, I'm pretty sure they could resist their orgasm long enough to throw an attack to knock him out.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Bias comes into this tournament no matter what or who. I get that someone like @Jean Grey is voting completely against the spirit of competition, but everyone gets one vote. It'd be nice if everyone did the right thing and picked the best fighter, and it does seem to me that the vast majority do. so that is very encouraging.

It's only one vote/person atm.

I'd say Larcade can use his hax on Natsu in any of his modes. He got Irene and Zeref with pleasure, and was hyped to use it on Acnologia.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is the classic power vs hax, isn't it? It's interesting to note that we've seen a similar situation of power overcoming a hax with God Serena overpowered Hyperion's vampire magic by invoking his Dragon Slaying magic. I think it's pretty safe to say that the power difference between DF Natsu and Larcade is greater than the power difference between God Serena and Hyperion.
Larcade's magic worked on Natsu, but it isn't immediately incapacitating. Both Sting and Natsu were able to resist it's effects, and Larcade was relying on Zeref to strike Natsu down. Personally, I think that Zeref trapping Natsu in his black magic was a lot more debilitating to Natsu than simply becoming sleepy by the effects of Larcade's magic. Natsu was able to still trigger dragon force whilst trapped by Zeref's magic. If Natsu can trigger dragon force under those conditions, I don't really think it's that far fetched to say that he can trigger dragon force under Larcade's influence.
It's probably worth mentioning that I don't think dragon force is necessary to defeat Larcade. Any attack on the level of WSD rough silk can achieve this, and dragon force is a bit overkill for this. Dragon Force has the greatest chance of allowing Natsu to break free from Larcade's magic though. Again, using a similar concept to God Serena's increase in power overcoming Hyperion's magic. From there, he would only need to throw demolition fist.
Nah, the gap between Hyberion and God Serena is way larger. I highly doubt Natsu is soloing Larcade and 3 lesser spriggans at the same time.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nah, the gap between Hyberion and God Serena is way larger. I highly doubt Natsu is soloing Larcade and 3 lesser spriggans at the same time.
If Natsu throws demolition fist, anyone in a straight line front of him is going down. I think demolition fist can cover the AoE of Purgatory DS's attack.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Until someone directly comes out and says they're voting for Natsu solely because he's Natsu (like people have done the other way around), your claims are nothing but conjecture and the hypocrisy you speak of doesn't exist.
They don't have to directly say it if their arguments make it clear how biased they are. The denial is strong though.
Well, some people are using the argument that Larcade was weakened and crawling on the floor when he casted that sleeping spell.

The fact is that Natsu wasn't in any better condition since he was fighting Zeref the whole time. If anything, Natsu was also exhausted from fighting against Zeref.

Not to mention, Natsu had to 1v2 both Zeref and Larcade when the sleeping spell was casted on him.

And Natsu still managed to stay awake.

That means in a 1v1, Natsu would completely demolish Larcade, regardless of RIP (or whatever sleeping spell is used).
wasn't Larcade more damaged and hurt than Natsu? He was still able to crawl/walk to where they were fighting and affect Natsu, which is pretty impressive.

Wasn't it more like Zeref taking out Larcade when he was interfering? It's not like Zeref took advantage and started wailing on Natsu; he forced Larcade to stop the act and even killed him. The logic kinda makes no sense here.
I haven't seen anyone say they're voting for Natsu because he's Natsu. Like I'm pretty sure nobody voting for Natsu is voting because they really dislike Larcade. I can name at least one person who says they won't vote for Natsu despite the fact they believe he's stronger.

I just can't see him taking down Gajeel, Erza, Gray, or Jellal. Laxus and Gildarts maybe, but that's really only because pleasure is a gag. If their lives were on the line, I'm pretty sure they could resist their orgasm long enough to throw an attack to knock him out.
I'm pretty sure at least two people are voting for Natsu because they love Natsu. I mean, if you put him against August, Acnologia, or Zeref, then we'll see the truth.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't have to directly say it if their arguments make it clear how biased they are. The denial is strong though.

I'm pretty sure at least two people are voting for Natsu because they love Natsu. I mean, if you put him against August, Acnologia, or Zeref, then we'll see the truth.
That's pretty self-absorbed and arrogant you know, for you to regard your own personal opinion as fact and to slander anyone who disagrees with that opinion as biased. :-_-

And speaking of bias...
I like Gildarts more so I'm voting for Gildarts.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You can love Natsu and genuinely believe he's stronger than Larcade. I agree that it would be a bit of a stretch to put Natsu ahead of August, Zeref, or Acnologia.

Status
Not open for further replies.