Round of 16 - Natsu vs Larcade | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Natsu vs Larcade

Which Dragneel wins?

• Natsu

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • Larcade

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah dude, he was crawling long before Zeref could even spot him.
Look at that poor bastard crawling through the streets, nowhere even close to the guildhall

Well, I don't know about that. He looked awfully fine when he appeared at the guild hall.

He was even laughing like a maniac.

It's hard to sell it to me that he was as exhausted as people are making him to be.

Natsu was fighting Zeref and that causes real physical stress and exhaustion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Doesn't look like he had any rest since crawling while in pain takes up energy. I doubt he'd crawl just for sympathy or let himself be hit by Zeref that easily. He's still in worse shape than Natsu.

But Zeref stopped and went after Larcade instead. If it was 1v2, then Zeref wouldn't get in Larcade's way. I also don't see Natsu being strong enough to win, minus that attack he used on FH Zeref.

He might be in a worse shape than Natsu, I'm not denying that.

But it's not like he's at a major disadvantage because Natsu was also in an exhausted condition.

And it's not like a healthy Larcade would be able to put Natsu to sleep. Your magic power doesn't change that much when you are in good condition.

A healthy Natsu would fare better than what was shown in the manga.

And it may not have been a direct 1v2.

But Larcade used the sleeping spell when Natsu was in a vulnerable state.

And he still did not fall asleep.

That means Larcade isn't putting anybody to sleep in their 1v1 match here.

And if Natsu isn't asleep, he isn't going to lose.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Well, I don't know about that. He looked awfully fine when he appeared at the guild hall.

It's hard to sell it to me that he was as exhausted as people are making him to be.

But it's not like he's at a major disadvantage because Natsu is also in an exhausted condition.

And it's not like a healthy Larcade would be able to put Natsu to sleep. Your magic power doesn't change that much when you are in good condition.

That panel you posted.
Look closer at Larcade.He's shaking,barely able to stand upright.
How is that awfully fine?:neutral:oh

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
That panel you posted.
Look closer at Larcade.He's shaking,barely able to stand upright.
How is that awfully fine?:neutral:oh

Well, he's laughing like a maniac and is even putting up a tough front. A crippled person should not be acting like that.

Not to mention, he could even cast a sleeping spell.

And it's not like Natsu was in great condition either. He fought Zeref, so he has to be somewhat exhausted and fatigued.

And like I said earlier, your magical spell doesn't become exponentially stronger just by being healthy. It will make a little difference, but if Natsu didn't fall asleep here, then he wouldn't be falling asleep in their 1v1 fight.

Especially since Natsu would also be healthy in their 1v1 fight.

So it really evens out the playing field here when they're both healthy.

At the end of the day, it comes down to power, strength, and durability.

And Natsu is superior in all of those with the current feats.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia

But it's not like he's at a major disadvantage because Natsu was also in an exhausted condition.

He was laughing cause hes crazy. Seems pretty clear to me that Larcade at that moment was completely and utterly trashed, you dont crawl along the floor like a slug if you can walk. Him being able to stand in the panel you gave is a miracle, but like Emperor Spriggan said, he was shaking and clearly exhausted. His love for dear old dad drove him, but he was running on fumes.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
And yes, they would be biased if they voted for Natsu over Acnologia, August, or Zeref until/unless Natsu shows feats or possibility that allows him to win. It's like saying Gray would match full END in power when he could only manage to be equal to partial END. It's biased and makes no sense until Gray shows that he can match full END. I'm calling people biased because they're voting for a character they like even if he has no feat to indicate he could win.
It may not make any sense to you but if it makes sense to them I don't see what the problem is. Let's not forget the core issue that we are discussing, which is people voting for certain characters even if they don't believe that they would win. That's not the same thing as someone taking a certain position that you may not agree with. If someone said Gray would match full END in power because they genuinely believed it, I have no problem with that. If someone said Gray would match full END in power for the sake of Gray winning something when they didn't actually believe it, that's a different story.

Would you call me a Laxus hater if I facepalmed at someone who likes Laxus voting for him over Acnologia or Zeref? Or would you agree with me?
Would I agree with you? Yes. Would I call them biased because they have a different opinion than me? No.

Neither have I so far, but I haven't read like, 95% of the posts here mainly because I feel out of element in most FT discussions. But I'm willing to bet at least one or two have voted for Natsu out of fanboy reasons.
The problem here is that your "willing to bet" holds no weight whatsoever. If you are going to claim hypocrisy you better have some concrete evidence behind it. If someone came out and confirmed that they voted for Natsu despite not believing Natsu could win, I'd be right alongside you protesting it.
If all you're doing is making unsubstantiated guesses then I'm going to have to object.

Mainly because I'm still jaded and salty about the Naruto tourney few years ago, which in turn is affecting my view of this. :D
Oh, I wasn't aware that MH did tourneys for other series as well. I always thought it was a FT exclusive thing haha

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
He was laughing cause hes crazy. Seems pretty clear to me that Larcade at that moment was completely and utterly trashed, you dont crawl along the floor like a slug if you can walk. Him being able to stand in the panel you gave is a miracle, but like Emperor Spriggan said, he was shaking and clearly exhausted. His love for dear old dad drove him, but he was running on fumes.

I can agree that he was slightly injured and in pain, but he had enough energy to make a grand entrance and cast a sleeping spell on Natsu.

The disadvantage isn't heavily hindering Larcade here, especially since Natsu isn't in perfect condition either.

Natsu took several blunt hits from Zeref, so I would argue that Natsu already has better durability/endurance feats.

And since Natsu was damaged and exhausted from fighting Zeref, that just evens out the playing field even more.

If both Natsu and Larcade were in healthy condition, it still wouldn't change the fact that Natsu could resist Larcade's sleeping spell.

So any disadvantage between the two is negligible.

And if Natsu can resist from falling asleep, then I think the victory is securely in Natsu's hands.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can agree that he was slightly injured and in pain, but he had enough energy to make a grand entrance and cast a sleeping spell on Natsu.

The disadvantage isn't heavily hindering Larcade here, especially since Natsu isn't in perfect condition either.

Natsu took several blunt hits from Zeref, so I would argue that Natsu already has better durability/endurance feats.

And since Natsu was damaged and exhausted from fighting Zeref, that just evens out the playing field even more.

If both Natsu and Larcade were in healthy condition, it still wouldn't change the fact that Natsu could resist Larcade's sleeping spell.

So any disadvantage between the two is negligible.

And if Natsu can resist from falling asleep, then I think the victory is securely in Natsu's hands.
There is a difference between being fatigued from a fight that you are still capable of continuing and being injured from a fight you actually lost, leaving you so weak that you cant walk and can barely stand. Larcade's entrance was far from grand, unless you count his manacle cackling at the end there, but like i said, hes cray cray.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is a difference between being fatigued from a fight that you are still capable of continuing and being injured from a fight you actually lost, leaving you so weak that you cant walk and can barely stand. Larcade's entrance was far from grand, unless you count his manacle cackling at the end there, but like i said, hes cray cray.

Maybe so, but the difference between Natsu's exhaustion and Larcade's fatigue isn't going to change the fact that Natsu was able to resist falling asleep.

Larcade's condition could be interpreted in many different ways, that I can acknowledge.

But, at the end of the day, Natsu's condition is also pretty severe, considering that he's repeatedly tanking hits from Zeref.

And as long as Natsu can stay awake, which I believe is proven by the manga, then I don't see any room for Larcade to win this fight.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Maybe so, but the difference between Natsu's exhaustion and Larcade's fatigue isn't going to change the fact that Natsu was able to resist falling asleep.

Larcade's condition could be interpreted in many different ways, that I can acknowledge.

But, at the end of the day, Natsu's condition is also pretty severe, considering that he's repeatedly tanking hits from Zeref.

And as long as Natsu can stay awake, which I believe is proven by the manga, then I don't see any room for Larcade to win this fight.
Well yeah, even trashed Rogue could resist RIP, thats why i said before that Larcade's hax is too unreliable to win. RIP is overrated, Larcade would have to combine it with his tentacles and hunger to have a chance at victory.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
But Erza can split Irene's meteor with a good portion of her bones broken, which I consider that more debilitating than drowsiness. Gray has a DeS advantage against Larcade. Jellal can probably blitz him. You only need an attack on the level of WSD rought silk to take him out, and anyone on this list can match that attack with one of their own.
true i agree that his durability can be beaten by wsdm sting level or higher. ya ur right if u can blitzes him like jellal than he gets shitted on. ya any1 from jellal level and up beats him. erza isnt a speedster i disagree with erza beating him

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Heh, forgot that the battles were already out!
Natsu vs Larcade... never expected that, but that's a close one!I think a lot of people who vote for Natsu underestimate Larcade a lot. Larcade has amazing durability and endurance, and a lot of hax. I would say he could get close to beating Natsu. Natsu in base definetly doesn't beat Larcade. Besides, Larcade's hax will really slow/weaken Natsu. Normally, I would say that FDKM Natsu is enough to beat Larcade, but with Larcade's RIP/Hunger/Pleasure slowing Natsu down, I doubt that would be enough. However Natsu with DF and FDKM combined blast definetly takes it. This blast was enough to vaporize Zeref - and I doubt Larcade has better durability than Zeref.
And people saying that Natsu won't be able to pull it off because of Larcade's RIP seemed to have forgotten that
1)Natsu's DF broke free from Zeref's binding spell, which I put >=Larcade's hax
2)Almost every time DF was used, it was shown to be able to burn of magic/overpower hax.
So even though this won't be as easy as it seems, Natsu takes this.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I think the sleep effect would weakened Natsu but that won't be a problem for Natsu because Natsu can still one shot him. Given the fact that he made FH Zeref vanish from just 1 attack in his DF, Larcade stand zero chance.

Tbh Natsu low diff

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Larcade with his hax is a troublesome opponent for many of the combatants in this tournament. But unfortunately this would be the result putting him against Natsu:

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going Larcade, extreme-diff. Natsu is unlucky, Larcade is just a bad matchup for anyone not called Acno/Zeref/Irene/August.
I think he was laughing since he thought Zeref would kill Natsu. Larcade's entire driving force is his desire to kill Natsu and earn Zeref's love, so to be in a position to see Zeref kill Natsu would be absolutely exhilarating to Larcade.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
the main thing i have problem with is that people think when lacade cast RIP he is able to attack while some1 is fighting RIP the reason he didnt do that to sting was clearly PIS. he can attack while he cast RIP but i dont think that wouldnt be enough once natsu uses DF he low diff lacade

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Larcade was in a worse shape though; that's like saying a fighter who entered with a wound wasn't at a major disadvantage against a fighter who was just a bit tired. And we see Natsu being affected, but it seems like Larcade wasn't trying to make Natsu go fully asleep, just weakened enough to be easily killed. And magic power does kinda change based on the condition.

And again, it seems Larcade wasn't pouring out too much strength in his attempt to make Natsu fall asleep. He most likely wasn't trying to make Natsu go to sleep, he just wanted Natsu to be easier to kill. Maybe healthy Natsu would do better, but it's pretty iffy.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu takes this, in my opinion. Dragon Force is not needed. FDKM will suffice.

Like I said before, Larcade has no means of putting someone down. He can immbolize them and land a few hits but that's it. I mean his cross and light blades were tanked by Sting, who's durability should be comparable to Natsu. So that won't work. As for his...

Pleasure Magic - Natsu has never shown to have such desires. So it will be ineffective against him.

Hunger Magic - Sting was able to overcome it. That means anyone who has the will to resist temptation should be unaffected.

R.I.P / Sleep Magic - Probably the hardest to overcome... but not impossible. After reading the chapter again, it seems Sting wasn't the only one affected. Rogue also experienced drowsiness. That means the spell affects everyone in the same vicinity. And who else was there? Kagura. She was able to resist the spell for a while and use an attack of her own.

So why can't a bloodlusted Natsu (meaning no holding back) do the same?

If we can all agree that it takes 1-2 Fire Dragon King's Demolition Fist (comparable to White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk) to take down Larcade, then Natsu wins this.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu takes this, in my opinion. Dragon Force is not needed. FDKM will suffice.

Like I said before, Larcade has no means of putting someone down. He can immbolize them and land a few hits but that's it. I mean his cross and light blades were tanked by Sting, who's durability should be comparable to Natsu. So that won't work. As for his...

Pleasure Magic - Natsu has never shown to have such desires. So it will be ineffective against him.

Hunger Magic - Sting was able to overcome it. That means anyone who has the will to resist temptation should be unaffected.

R.I.P / Sleep Magic - Probably the hardest to overcome... but not impossible. After reading the chapter again, it seems Sting wasn't the only one affected. Rogue also experienced drowsiness. That means the spell affects everyone in the same vicinity. And who else was there? Kagura. She was able to resist the spell for a while and use an attack of her own.

So why can't a bloodlusted Natsu (meaning no holding back) do the same?

If we can all agree that it takes 1-2 Fire Dragon King's Demolition Fist (comparable to White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk) to take down Larcade, then Natsu wins this.
Larcade has shown that he can affect those who hasn't been through any pleasure like he did with Yukino, Kagura, and the exceeds.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Larcade has shown that he can affect those who hasn't been through any pleasure like he did with Yukino, Kagura, and the exceeds.
Yukino, Kagura, and the exceeds were only affected once they were caught by the tentacles (which Natsu should be able to burn off). But let's assume he is indeed affected by pleasure. Well, he can just counter it by inflicting enough pain on himself (like Kagura did).

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Natsu has shown to be capable of vaporizing plenty of his competition. However with Larcdade´s hunger(I take this as especially troublesome because of Natsu´s eating quirks that goes beyond many other characters eating habits), and the signature sleep spell. Seeing as how no plot is involved here, I see him casting hunger to slow Natsu down, even if only for a bit(regardless of mode boost, albeit the slighest error on his part, hesitance, etc., will cost him the match) as that is all Larcade needs given his above average physical stats, then make him drowsy and continue to keep distance until Natsu is out.

Natsu is impeccable as a fighter head-to-head(without hax involved). Larcade´s hax is too much even for him as all Larcade needs to do is keep his distance and wear him down. This is a tournament battle so there will be no incentives that´ll assist natsu to power, or burn, through Larcades´ spells. Larcade then has the option of using his weapon once Natsu is in a safe enough condition to approach. He is, in spite of his arrogance, one of the more critical and intelligent of the twelve(12). Plus, as said before, his physical stats are above-áverage, and that´s all he needs to edge out Natsu here. Very technical match though, insane physicals vs superbly convenient hax.

I say Larcade takes this in the most technical of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.