Hangout - New Prince of Tennis General + Q&A | Page 88 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout New Prince of Tennis General + Q&A

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Hey. So, as some of you may have noticed, I'll be modding the area from now on.

It's mostly doing what I've been doing and keeping posts and discussion tidy. You are all overall good bois but I'll give you a refresher on the site rules on Content Etiquette, since it's probably what I'll be monitoring the most:

Content Etiquette
  • As much as possible and to ensure a pleasant experience for all, please structure your posts in a clear and concise manner, so they are contributing to the discussion while keeping an eye on your spelling and grammar. We understand that English is not everyone's first language, but please try your best.
  • As an extension to our spoiler posting rule, when posting series announcements/magazine spoilers/ news, etc please include said information, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting for Spoilers).

• As difficult as it may be to sometimes contain emotions, we ask that you refrain from overusing emoticons, typing in all caps and unnecessary use of various colors and size fonts.

• Spamming is prohibited. Posts containing reaction images, single words such as “GREAT!” will be deleted, as will any one line post that does not add to the discussion/topic. Use the quoting or edit function where possible, to avoid double-posting.

• Make use of the like button, gratitude posts just as “Thanks for sharing!” and the likes can be conveyed without such responses.

• No advertisements are allowed in posts. Any content shared in order to promote personal accounts and sites must be done in signatures or profile. Posting links to YouTube videos without adequate written contribution will be removed, as will posting links to promote other similar websites in threads.

• Do not claim others' work as you own. If you're posting another user's content (theories, volume covers, artwork, etc) in a thread be sure to properly credit the original source.

• We ask that when discussing a future manga topic in an anime thread, you ensure you add spoiler tags for said topic out of respect for anime-only viewers.

In less hallway monitor news:

-I changed older links as Imgur was randomly deleting some of Friss' (I still left the "thanks Friss" because he's cute);

-I've also added summaries to

353, 354, 355, (I made these as dumb as possible)

368, 369, 370,

395, 396 and 397

You may find some new info in there. Or not. I think a bunch of you were wondering about the Yukimura-Yanagi match so hopefully these help in some debates/theories.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
QUICK QUESTION about U17 WC

WHY it is allowed to Switch Players in the Middle of Team Match?

Isnt the Order already established when you submit your lineup?

I am talking about When Byodoin wanted to Switch with Akutsu. And When Tanegashima Switch with Shiraishi.

Or You just list 7 Names on the Paper. And the order of the 7 Players can be rumbled on the Spot???? Lmao.

Imagine if there is a matchup advantage.

Team A will use Switch. And Then Team B will respond, and Switch again. Then Team A will switch again for more favorable matchups. Lmao.

But, anyways, just thought I have

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
QUICK QUESTION about U17 WC

WHY it is allowed to Switch Players in the Middle of Team Match?

Isnt the Order already established when you submit your lineup?

I am talking about When Byodoin wanted to Switch with Akutsu. And When Tanegashima Switch with Shiraishi.

Or You just list 7 Names on the Paper. And the order of the 7 Players can be rumbled on the Spot???? Lmao.

Imagine if there is a matchup advantage.

Team A will use Switch. And Then Team B will respond, and Switch again. Then Team A will switch again for more favorable matchups. Lmao.

But, anyways, just thought I have
I think the players are announced the night before and then you can do whatever you want before entering the court. We got several examples already.

Players cannot switch endlessly since, if it follows any logic, there's a time limit. I reckon officials would intervene if the players cannot settle (which won't happen in this series anyway because no one wanta to be a coward with no confidence).

Airarin153

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Konomi Loves these "Europe Tourney/Expedition" thing. Lmao.

Iirc,

Ludovic, QP, Romeo, Tokugawa all have joined or be a part of some Europe Tournaments or Expedition. (Lowkey wanna make a thread about Europe Tourney. Lol)

(Maybe Siegfried too since he knows Romeo won in his age bracket.)

Maybe Germany, Switzerland, France, and Spain Players frequently see each other in Europe Tourneys in their respective age bracket. (Wait, I realized all of them are rank 1-4 countries. Lol)
Lol True, Only Ryoma is the ones who wreck havoc in America. He win consercutively for several season before he dissapeared because he go back to Japan with His Family.

Also may I ask why do Nanjiroh become the Temple Gate Keeper lol. I do understand he is coaching Spain long ago from his time in America until now. But why do he gate keeping the Temple? I just don't understand that lol. And why do their house is in front of the Temple? Just why? Maybe it had been explained but I am just don't aware of it? Thanks

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Lol True, Only Ryoma is the ones who wreck havoc in America. He win consercutively for several season before he dissapeared because he go back to Japan with His Family.

Also may I ask why do Nanjiroh become the Temple Gate Keeper lol. I do understand he is coaching Spain long ago from his time in America until now. But why do he gate keeping the Temple? I just don't understand that lol. And why do their house is in front of the Temple? Just why? Maybe it had been explained but I am just don't aware of it? Thanks
Konomi retconned Ryoma winning National tournaments in the US. He won some minor tournaments.

I think he has a temple for the monk warrior aesthetic, mostly. Since he's a retired "samurai" and all. Then Konomi plays with that and makes him perverted and lazy.

Airarin153

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Konomi retconned Ryoma winning National tournaments in the US. He won some minor tournaments.

I think he has a temple for the monk warrior aesthetic, mostly. Since he's a retired "samurai" and all. Then Konomi plays with that and makes him perverted and lazy.
I seeh thats explain a lot about Nanjiroh.

also for Ryoma, I think he can only sign ups for these tournament due to his age. In his only these tournament is available.
but we know from Coach Sumire that when Ryoma came to Japan for the first time he does hope to enter the tournament for age around 16 lol. He is not satisfied with opponents around his age in America Tournament.
After all he played Tennis for the sole reason of beating his Father, he wants to experience the Tennis world and to beat strong opponents to fulfil his goal.
But, this is the old Ryoma.

The new Ryoma who had understand the truest meanings of fun in playing Tennis is now driven to beat stronger opponents. There is already someone overshadow his Fathers such as Tezuka (,maybe Tekugawa and Byodoin too?) that always linger in his mind. He also become more mature, I really like his development.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also May I ask if Ryoma ever beat Tezuka in the Manga? If not then the US Open is made up by Anime right? Also the Kevin Story is Anime Doing Right?
May I know how did the Manga Ryoma participate in Nationals? The Anime Conflict seems legit, about his own desire and his responsibility for the Team. But I only realize it is a made up by anime after I am surprised that the events in NPOT is right away about 2 - 3 month after the National Competition lol.
I just find confusing because the end of POT seems like a time skip to 1 years from this years. It seems like Ryoma attended somekind of major tournament in US and go there for a while to attend it. We at least know that because Momo become the new Capt but from the letter it seems like Ryoma had gone to Us without knowing what happens in Japan. The Timeline is very confusing.

I am also VERY confused about why do Ryoma gone to US after Nationals and go back to Japan for the Training Camp when he is Invited. Like why did he go to US Japan and all frequently?

Anyone can explain what is the correct time line?
Thanks.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I seeh thats explain a lot about Nanjiroh.

also for Ryoma, I think he can only sign ups for these tournament due to his age. In his only these tournament is available.
but we know from Coach Sumire that when Ryoma came to Japan for the first time he does hope to enter the tournament for age around 16 lol. He is not satisfied with opponents around his age in America Tournament.
After all he played Tennis for the sole reason of beating his Father, he wants to experience the Tennis world and to beat strong opponents to fulfil his goal.
But, this is the old Ryoma.

The new Ryoma who had understand the truest meanings of fun in playing Tennis is now driven to beat stronger opponents. There is already someone overshadow his Fathers such as Tezuka (,maybe Tekugawa and Byodoin too?) that always linger in his mind. He also become more mature, I really like his development.

Also May I ask if Ryoma ever beat Tezuka in the Manga? If not then the US Open is made up by Anime right? Also the Kevin Story is Anime Doing Right?
May I know how did the Manga Ryoma participate in Nationals? The Anime Conflict seems legit, about his own desire and his responsibility for the Team. But I only realize it is a made up by anime after I am surprised that the events in NPOT is right away about 2 - 3 month after the National Competition lol.
I just find confusing because the end of POT seems like a time skip to 1 years from this years. It seems like Ryoma attended somekind of major tournament in US and go there for a while to attend it. We at least know that because Momo become the new Capt but from the letter it seems like Ryoma had gone to Us without knowing what happens in Japan. The Timeline is very confusing.

I am also VERY confused about why do Ryoma gone to US after Nationals and go back to Japan for the Training Camp when he is Invited. Like why did he go to US Japan and all frequently?

Anyone can explain what is the correct time line?
Thanks.
I'm not sure there's strict age requirements in PoT's USA. We know their MSer team is weaker because of dumb rules, and yet they send Ryoma to earn a spot against the HSer team (he's later moved to the MSer team offscreen, though).

Ryoma and Tezuka don't play again since Tezuka's return from Kyuushu. US Open and the Jr. Senbatsu arc are filler yes.

In the manga Ryoma never leaves to USA in the middle of the school year. He leaves only after he already won it all with Seigaku. Then at the start of NPoT he receives a letter inviting him to the U-17 camp so he returns.

Ryoma's timeline is here.

Maybe spoilers but Kaidou is the next captain, not Momo.

Besides the final chapter they got this side story.

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Atobe must of stalled PoP Irie right? Because their match was ongoing before it was interrupted. If so that's a pretty good feat for Atobe.

Do you think Romeo defeated any PoP users during his Euro win?

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I doubt it. Considering Nanjiroh was the only one who access it recently according to Chitose research. I'm guessing it's a well known state that people barely get to step in because Germany know it as well.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I doubt it. Considering Nanjiroh was the only one who access it recently according to Chitose research. I'm guessing it's a well known state that people barely get to step in because Germany know it as well.
I really think Chitose was just wrong, lol. We know QP played against 2 before Oni, at least.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really think Chitose was just wrong, lol. We know QP played against 2 before Oni, at least.
I think Konomi decided to change it. Cause TNK is not auto win anymore.

Some Top Tier Characters like Volk can even rally or even beat it in Base or without TNK Themselves.

So No need to make it too exclusive.

In their universe. Yeah. Maybe Chitose Research is only limited to Japan.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Konomi decided to change it. Cause TNK is not auto win anymore.

Some Top Tier Characters like Volk can even rally or even beat it in Base or without TNK Themselves.

So No need to make it too exclusive.

In their universe. Yeah. Maybe Chitose Research is only limited to Japan.
It being limited to Japan would make sense since Germany has an unrelated name for it.

Also Chitose was researching TnK as an extension of Muga, but in NPoT we've seen it can be accessed alone
Plus other countries just have unrelated auras like Greece
So he was likely only looking at Japan

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Do we have any info about ch340 onwards translated?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Do we have any info about ch340 onwards translated?
Pretty sure the team that is doing the Editing has all the translations themselves ready, it's just that it's a small group and the chapters need a lot of cleaning and redrawing.

----

Chapters 279-285 have just been released... and with that the gap is closed! Woooo.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ch340 is also up, finally we’re getting more chapters of Byo vs Volk translated, I expect that they have a ton of them ready to post.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ch340 is also up, finally we’re getting more chapters of Byo vs Volk translated, I expect that they have a ton of them ready to post.
They kinda do, they are just short on typesetters so it's taking longer than what they'd like.

Edit: Yeah up to 363. Just waiting for typesetting.

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
What did people think of Junior Tournament selection filler arc? Currently watching it and don't remember liking this much.