Discussion - New Quirks | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion New Quirks

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread contains big spoilers for anime only viewers.

Last chance to leave this thread.

Since chapter 213 it's known that Deku will get 6 additional quirks. One of them already showed itself. It's called Black Whip and allows Deku to create black tendrils in varying sizes.
What do you think will be the other 5 quirks he gets? This thread is for the discussion of Deku's 6 new quirks.

DemonKing888

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Deku will get all offense quirks because that would make him to OP and may become problematic, I believe some of his quirks will be supplemental.

One quirk I believe Deku may get is based off of Spider-man one of Horikoshi's favorite superheroes.
An sixth sense quirk something that allows Deku to sense the world around him like Spider-man's spider-sense, the supercharged version of this quirk could allow Deku to sense things at greater distance. The drawback to this quirk would be mental fatigue.

Deku will also need a defensive type quirk, a cool quirk Deku could have is an reflective energy shield similar to Urien's Aegis Reflector from Street Fighter or Archer's Rho Aias from the Fate series. The energy shield could be used versatile too, Deku could either use it to block attacks or he could use it to jump off of like he does walls. The OFA super charged version of it could allow Deku to make stronger shields or bigger ones that could be used to save multiple lives.

The one quirk I hope Deku doesn't get is flying, Flying just seems overdone and it isn't really cool to watch, plus it can make future fights just look the same. I would rather he just use air pressure like Allmight to push himself around.

Nightwayfarer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Well, I suppose we need to think about his quirks by remembering what he said at the very beginning:"this is the story of how I've become the greatest hero of all time" keep in mind that all quirks are more powerful than they were before deku received them.
First of all, greatest hero should have a healing quirk, to keep people alive of course.
Then, I think, there should be something similar to axii sign from "witcher 3" to calm people down during dangerous situations
That's two already, three more
I also agree with the person above me, deku might has sixth sense like Spiderman (it will be easier for him to find people, for example in a collapsed building)
I'm sure deku needs a shield quirk too, but, as I mentioned in the very beggining-it will be more powerful since it's the part of OFA now, so it might work like one of the Dante's styles=royal guard from devil may cry 5.
And the last one-I really hope the last quirk will be "illusions".Horikoshi said that he couldn't wait to see Spiderman FFH.Who knows, maybe he was inspired by that Mysterio vs Spiderman scene.

Last edited:

TommyBoy

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Its hard to come up with ideas for the previous users quirks , but i came up with two by looking up popular superheros. Horikoshi kinda likes to use comic superpowers and give his own little twist to them. so i came up with a quirk for the black haired guy call slingshot, its basically works by increasing the kinetic energy of a objects. when he received the powers of stockpile from ofa it allows his quirk to work similarly to gambit from x men.

For nana I think her original quirk worked kinda like photosynthesis. She would absorbs light into her body and give that energy to living beings by touching them with her hands. Things like makings plants grow, maybe healing people idk but with the stockpile of ofa she could shots energy blast out of her hands like ms marvel.

Just a couple of ideas i came up with properly not going to happen

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
2 Quirks I'd like to see:
  • Near Indestructible Skeleton ala X-Men: Wolverine. A mutation type quirk that's always active and turns Deku's skeleton into a material, preferably a metal, which is near indestructible. This would increase his body weight and the strength of his punches/kicks even at low level OFA percentages, like the iron soles of his costume increase the power of his kicks, but it wouldn't make him invincible. His flesh, muscles and blood would still be prone to any kind of damage they were before the skeleton turned into this new material. And there would be no healing factor or Wolverine claws, just this new skeleton. The OFA boost could be an even stronger skeleton.
  • Insomnia. Another always active quirk that makes it so that Deku can't sleep anymore. Without the need to sleep he would get ~8 hours more everyday he could use to train. Plus this could create a new situation where Deku also needs to find a new way to keep the connection with his predecessors living inside OFA. So far he only met them when sleeping or being under Shinso's brainwash, but if sleeping becomes impossible there would only be Shinso's brainwash left or finding a new way to communicate with the OFA predecessors.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
With a quirk like OFA he only needs supplemental quirks. Black Whip, for example, lets him grab and capture at medium range. He can already generate long-range attacks using air. A defensive quirk will probably happen. A quirk with the power to fix his injured bones so he can punch and kick all he wants. Maybe Horikoshi will go Superman on him and give him a less OP X-ray vision or night vision quirk.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe Horikoshi will go Superman on him and give him a less OP X-ray vision or night vision quirk.
I think all his quirks will be considered OP because the bald OFA user told him that not only was he getting their quirks but that he was getting super-charged versions of them because of the stockpiling power. So if he got a simple X-ray vision quirk One For All will make it a super powerful X-ray vision quirk.... X-rays can cause cancer.... cancer vision:gwah

But must of his quirks should be supplemental to make him a more rounded hero. It's debatable if he needs another offensive quirk, I think everyone agrees that something defensive is a given. Maybe he could get a quirk that helps him travel like teleportation or flying but 100% OFA seems to allow him to basically fly and move at lightning fast speed.

his supplement quirks could mainly be rounded at doing hero like things, agreeing with what @Nightwayfarer said a healing quirk that can heal others is a must have and a super charged version of it could maybe heal multiple people but put stress on Deku's body to balance him out. Also if Deku could heal his body faster then Shigaraki could decay him, that would be a great counter quirk.

Paze

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A quirk that lets you temporarily swap the quirks between two other people.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
One of the previous OFA users looks similar to best jeanist... If he served as an inspiration for him he probably has a fiber controlling quirk as well. As for the others.... no clue at all.

i am going to guess at least one of the previous quirks won't necessarily benefit from being super charged. As there are quirks whose effect isn't exactly power related.

I gotta wonder if midoriya will be able to combine different quirks eventually...

Pr0teu5

Reaction score
Country
United States
There have been a lot of good ideas in this thread, and some that I think are spot on. I think almost everyone believes that Deku’s quirks will give him a broad foundation rather than making him an all out attacker.

One quirk I believe Deku may get is based off of Spider-man one of Horikoshi's favorite superheroes.
An sixth sense quirk something that allows Deku to sense the world around him like Spider-man's spider-sense, the supercharged version of this quirk could allow Deku to sense things at greater distance. The drawback to this quirk would be mental fatigue.
I believe that a quirk like this is almost certain to happen.

It’s also clear that Horikoshi used his characters names, and designs to make it clear what kind of quirk they have so I think maybe we can try and look at the designs to see who might have what.

Looking at the 6th user, the short, dark haired Jeanist clone. It seems like he is likely to have a technical quirk rather than one based on attack, defense, mobility, etc.

So I think Horikoshi could give him the spider sense quirk. He may even be cheesy enough to do something like this.

Name: 感読六太 (Rokuta Kantou)
Quirk: 第六感 (Sixth Sense)

Can sense the emotions of X people in a range of Y. Emotions could be things like. Distress/pain, intent to attack, nervousness, lying, sadness, etc.

this would be an amazingly useful quirk.

Its hard to come up with ideas for the previous users quirks , but i came up with two by looking up popular superheros...

For nana I think her original quirk worked kinda like photosynthesis. She would absorbs light into her body and give that energy to living beings by touching them with her hands. Things like makings plants grow, maybe healing people idk...
I think this quirk fit’s Nana’s design and name perfectly especially as one of the Kanji in her name,菜, means vegetable.

Basically, like you’re saying she should be able to transmit energy to living things to heal them, increase their power, or make them grow in the case of plants. Basically, she’d be Hashirama Senju.

I don’t want to speculate on the shadowed OFA figures, so that just leaves the large scarred man.

The fact that he has a scar like that, and his overall design indicate that he probably goes in for close range combat, and probably doesn’t have a defensive quirk.

I would actually like to see a mobility quirk that doubles as a leg based offensive quirk on this guy. Something kind of like Iida’s engine.

Maybe leg based plasma control that allows for enhanced ground based movement, advanced, complex, and more powerful kicking techniques that could supplement shoot style, and limited flight.

Noble

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I just wanna point out that I still think regardless of the quirks he gets, Deku will be able to give or lend his quirks or power to others, likely for the sake of filling the gap between him and other heroes (or his rivals) in a plot perspective, making him the real greatest heroes that push and stimulate other heroes potential in that.
My theory is built up to the fact that I think OFA is as complex as this, with him being able to give segments of past OFA users to others.
I know it may seem a little crazy, I just think the story is moving toward this, it's improbable for me that he will have all 6 quirks to use simutaneously unless the rest of them aren't flashy in any way at all. He may get one that combines well with Bakugou's quirk, with whom he shows he would really be able to blast (or not) all six of them if he had received OFA (like he said on one of these table discussions with All Might and Deku). I really think he would give these to his best friends like Bakugou, Todoroki or someone else he can trust. Who knows?
What you guys think about my crazyness here?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanna point out that I still think regardless of the quirks he gets, Deku will be able to give or lend his quirks or power to others, likely for the sake of filling the gap between him and other heroes (or his rivals) in a plot perspective, making him the real greatest heroes that push and stimulate other heroes potential in that.
My theory is built up to the fact that I think OFA is as complex as this, with him being able to give segments of past OFA users to others.
I know it may seem a little crazy, I just think the story is moving toward this, it's improbable for me that he will have all 6 quirks to use simutaneously unless the rest of them aren't flashy in any way at all. He may get one that combines well with Bakugou's quirk, with whom he shows he would really be able to blast (or not) all six of them if he had received OFA (like he said on one of these table discussions with All Might and Deku). I really think he would give these to his best friends like Bakugou, Todoroki or someone else he can trust. Who knows?
What you guys think about my crazyness here?
I could see Deku lending quirks, but not to the characters you mentioned. Todoroki doesn’t need another quirk and Bakugo would probably take it as Deku looking down on him. Iida would be a good candidate and so would Kirishima.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dunno how deku sharing quirks would work. Honestly, it was bad enough that he even had more quirks. Would he temporarilyrarily lend then? Or just make OFA more or less exactly into AFO?

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Deku giving away his quirks would cheapen the impact of even having 7 quirks to begin with. Plus with All for One and city destroying Shigaraki on the loose Deku will need all 7 of those quirks.

But one aspect of One For All that's interesting is the stock piling quirk, it super charges the other 6 quirks making them more powerful. What if instead of giving away quirks what if Deku could super charged his friends quirk by touching them. Let's take Momo for example, the largest item she can make is a canon, but what if Deku super charged her quirk and she made something massive like a military battleship. The ability to power up quirks would have limitless possibilities vs giving away quirks the user has no idea how to use.

raikou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I believe Deku's other quirks would be supportive use.

One thing about the 6th user quirk, Kuromuchi (Black Whip).
Mu can also mean 6th, so it might be a coincidence but if other quirks are also like the successor name, has number on them then maybe we can also guess from there.

Nana seems pretty young looking so I'm guessing her quirks related to cell regeneration or healing.

As posted above, sixth sense for reading intent to attack seems likely.

Mobility related quirk also needed since Shigaraki attack range is wider.

OFA strength sharing is a good idea, for example he can divide OFA percentage to all of his class member so each get 5% full cowling. (Not permanent of course, it's kind of channeling strength to other people with Deku as its core).
Deku will be the leader and formulate strategy to defeat villains.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
One thing about the 6th user quirk, Kuromuchi (Black Whip).
Mu can also mean 6th, so it might be a coincidence but if other quirks are also like the successor name, has number on them then maybe we can also guess from there.
Black Whip user isn't the 6th OFA holder. All Might said Nana's predecessor was a young man with black hair. It could only be one of these 3.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think Deku giving away his quirks would cheapen the impact of even having 7 quirks to begin with. Plus with All for One and city destroying Shigaraki on the loose Deku will need all 7 of those quirks.

But one aspect of One For All that's interesting is the stock piling quirk, it super charges the other 6 quirks making them more powerful. What if instead of giving away quirks what if Deku could super charged his friends quirk by touching them. Let's take Momo for example, the largest item she can make is a canon, but what if Deku super charged her quirk and she made something massive like a military battleship. The ability to power up quirks would have limitless possibilities vs giving away quirks the user has no idea how to use.
I'm thinking that Black Whip could end up acting as a conduit that allows Deku to "share" his Quirk. If, in the end, OFA Singularity allows Deku to supercharge others' Quirks, then Black Whip could attach itself to multiple persons and power them up. But this is more of an all-or-nothing option, because the higher he increases their power, the bigger the backlash of their Quirks against them, except for maybe Todoroki and Ochako.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am still skeptical of the idea of deku sharing quirks. But I like the idea that deku might use blackwhip to channel other quirks. As in, if shigaraki had blackwhip he could use it to affect things with his corrosion. Essentially blackwhip could be used as an actual limb for deku.

Deku is already way too OP so I have a hard time finding stuff that won't make him even more ridiculous. The fact remains that the only reason deku is struggling with OFA is him lacking the physical fitness for it. Otherwise the super strength aspect of it is comically easy to use and entirely devoid of any degree of nuance. The bulk of deku's progress with his quirk is him merely improvising stuff to compensate for his physical weakness. And on top of that you have to add 6 other quirks. For the sake of context, allmight defeated AFO with a weaker version of OFA than deku has. I suppose the series will move in a direction where either shigaraki actually surpasses AFO or AFO returns even stronger than before to justify otherwise ridiculous amount of power deku has...

With that in mind, most stuff deku can get is either overkill or outright unnecessary. Deku with a hardening quirk or some type of exoskeleton deal would be nigh indestructible by default. And allmight showed he was nearly like that by taking hits from noumo and AFO... The synergy would be incredible but it would also be way too OP. Healing would be kinda like this as well. With OFA powered healing it sounds like deku would be able to regenerate from a puddle of blood.

I feel deku needs something to cancel out shigaraki's corrosion because at the moment no one really has a real defense for it. If shigaraki touches anything that isn't a limb then deku is done for. I suppose sufficiently fast healing could work but I am still not a fan of that one.

Ok, here is an idea: Sticking to walls. That way with black whip deku has a full set of spidey powers. I feel this power would be kinda lackluster for a hero that was at some point deemed worthy of OFA though. In the early days of the quirk that should have been more important consider OFA wouldn't have had nearly the amount of power it has now...

I don't think the author is going to be able to resist giving deku some sort of flight quirk. Maybe something that originally didn't work like that but deku can abuse in such a way due to it being boosted by OFA.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think at least 1 quirk will change Deku's looks in a mutation kind of way. One of his predecessors has 2 markings on his face, presumably from his quirk. Deku could get these markings when he unlocks that person's quirk.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think at least 1 quirk will change Deku's looks in a mutation kind of way. One of his predecessors has 2 markings on his face, presumably from his quirk. Deku could get these markings when he unlocks that person's quirk.
Not to mention we still dont know what two of the predecessors look like. One of them could be hidden because their mutant type quirk would be a big give away. It would be very shonen like for Deku to have a transformation.