Anime - new to the series | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime new to the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i just began watching this anime, episode 1 seemed very promising, any advice on filler or the comparison of.the anime to the manga?

HybridBloodsZak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome!! You're gonna be in for an awesome ride

There is no filler in the 2011 anime, not as gory compared to the manga but the manga itself is pretty gruesome for being in Jump and the anime gets away with a lot especially in the later arcs for a Sunday Morning show. If you think it's a little too "cheery" in the beginning for your tastes, just keep at it is all I can really say without spoiling

You can skip episodes 13 and 26 if you want because they're recaps

If you notice similar tropes to other battle shonen series you watch, 9 times out of 10 this is where they came from or is done in a unique(arguably better) way that doesn't break the logic of the show

Last edited:

Yuyunarutoballz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Make sure you're watching the 2011 version. Aside from 1999 version being a train wreck the 2011 version is ongoing and this Sunday it will officially be where the 1999 version ended (if you count OVAs) and next week it will officially be further than the original. Aside from that i can't say anything except enjoy the ride, there is no fillers to worry about besides episodes 13 and 26 which are recaps. It's a very fast paced anime. I envy you who has 74 episodes worth of material to marathon while I've been stuck with anticipation for the next episode since day 1.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
ok im a noob, so excuse this question
i am watching on crunchy roll, i didnt see anything indicating which version i was watching
it is like 76 episodes long right now so is that the 2011 or the 1999 version?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

never mind just read on the info page on CR it is the 2011 version

GingFuriksu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok im a noob, so excuse this question
i am watching on crunchy roll, i didnt see anything indicating which version i was watching
it is like 76 episodes long right now so is that the 2011 or the 1999 version?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

never mind just read on the info page on CR it is the 2011 version
The one on Crunchyroll is the 2011 version, yes. That's the one you need to watch, and since its a remake there are no fillers so just watch it straight through.

The Invertroid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope you enjoy the show. It's always great to see new people checking out Hunter X Hunter.

Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
just finished episode 3

this show is great so far, it has the adventure element of one piece, and some great characters
gon is too trusting of people but is also fearless, and has amazing experience for someone his age

The Invertroid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad to see you're liking it so far, especially since the series only gets better as it goes on. I'll be interested to see what you think of Killua (my favorite character) once he's shown off more in ep. 4.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes i got to episode 6 earlier, i like killua he just straight uo drank the laxative without hesitation
i see great potential in this series, yet another series that i never tried fir so long due to doubting ibwouldblike it based on the childish looking protagonist

but i love gon he is already one of my favorite anime characters and i just started

surprisingly there is already alot of violence and death in this series, i was not expecting that but i approve :)

Akia999

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i see great potential in this series, yet another series that i never tried fir so long due to doubting ibwouldblike it based on the childish looking protagonist
there is already a lot of violence and death in this series, i was not expecting that but i approve :)
A lot of people think that hxh is aim for the children due to Gon but there is further from the truth.
The violence and death get worse as the arc passes,which is great.

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
HxH is a very good shounen, it has everything a shounen can provide. Many charismatic characters, a structured plot and a very detailed power system (nen, hatsu etc..) that is the most sophisticated out of all the shounen I've read.

Frankly, if you just discovered it then you won't regret it. The new anime has been wonderfully done, this way you won't have to deal with Togashi's drawing which aren't as much attractive then Kishimoto's or Kubo's drawings so that's a good point. The music and soundtrack are perfect and it's just more enjoyable to watch than to read. I guess you're just one lucky bastard, this adaptation or remake i should say really gives credit to this lazy ass genius called ''Togashi''.

It's a shame you've discovered it too late but at least you'll have something to do for a while and you're probably gonna get addicted. Also i would suggest that you don't read the manga or at least watch the episodes before starting the manga, this way you can compare them. But do not read the manga before watching the episodes or there won't be any surprises and even if it's going to be fun to watch, it wont be as ''fun''.

Well, enjoy this wonderful shounen and hopefully Togashi will resume working on HxH sometime soon (although he probably won't :derp).

And the opening is fucking good, i love when it says ''YOU CAN FLY AWAY''! ♥

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
just finished episode 11

holy shit killua is a beast, and lmao ay leorio and the pink haired girl
this episode reinforced what you guys said about HxH not being for kids

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I want to inform you that HxH (manga) is currently on hiatus. The last Chapter (#340) was published in March 2012. Togashi, the author, is known for taking long breaks. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the author doesn't end this manga. Or he will just end it abruptly, who knows.

Nevertheless, I would still warmly recommend you to watch/read the anime/manga. It's a beautiful manga with a lot of cool characters, nice plot/twists and a complex fighting system.

I know that you are (obviously) following Naruto, just like me. If you want to hear read my opinion (someone who read all chapters of both mangas) I would say that HxH is overall much more better than Naruto. But that's all I'm gonna say, since I have no intention to start a comparsion.

Enjoy the ride, you will definitely love it.

Last edited:

Kamen Rider Dragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Always good to see people discovering this awesome show. You're in for a crazy ride

The Invertroid

Reaction score
Country
United States
surprisingly there is already alot of violence and death in this series, i was not expecting that but i approve :)
I'm glad to see you picked up on this. While the Hunter Exam arc is more censored in the anime than future arcs are, it is still pretty brutal compared to most shonen shows. So many random applicants getting killed left and right: by Hisoka and the wild life in the swamp and those two dudes Killua killed on the airship. Let's not forget that rock-climber guy who got totally eaten out of nowhere by flying monsters as Gon and the gang looked on with a "Yeah, that totally just happened" look on their faces. :)

What makes it all the more brutal is that none of the characters bat an eye at all the death going on around them. The examiners clearly don't give a shit if hundreds of applicants are killed during the exam. Even our four heroes, the supposed "good guys," quickly accept all the deaths as an inherent part of the exam. Most other shonen heroes would be a lot less comfortable seeing so many people die helplessly around them.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
killua ripping the serial killers heart out was epic

and you are right so many random applicants met a brutal death, im loving this anime

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
killua ripping the serial killers heart out was epic

and you are right so many random applicants met a brutal death, im loving this anime
watch till the latest episode man,
u will love it more

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
LOL, I'm destined to see you everywhere. :P
You'll enjoy a lot this anime, I can tell. I wont spoil you anything, but pay attention to the little changes on the looks of the main characters.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He is probably marathoning the anime actually:heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.