Anime - new to the series | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime new to the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
im officially addicted to hxh

i watched 20 episodes today :^_^

killuas family is insane, i cant wait to see how he and gon train

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

He is probably marathoning the anime actually:heh.
bingo!!!

heron bpv

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As someone who just marathoned it not too long ago (for the sake of seeing everything in HD :zomg), I have to say this:
Enjoy.
The Ride.
:mono

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gon jumped immediately into fighting instead of learning more about nen

i cant wait to see him use the fishing pole with his aura, that will be very deadly

hisoka is a weird guy, hes cutthroat and ruthless, but he has some pretty high standards,

i want gon to learn more before they fight so he will have a chance

Akia999

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
im officially addicted to hxh

i watched 20 episodes today :^_^

killuas family is insane.
Don't watch too fast or you would catch up the latest episode!Next week episode is the start of a new arc.And you would want to save up for that arc.
That's an understatement.Some members of the family do play a role in the later arc.

hisoka is a weird guy, hes cutthroat and ruthless, but he has some pretty high standards,
He's a pedophile. His obsession to Gon actually is a bit disturbing.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't watch too fast or you would catch up the latest episode!Next week episode is the start of a new arc.And you would want to save up for that arc.
That's an understatement.Some members of the family do play a role in the later arc.

He's a pedophile. His obsession to Gon actually is a bit disturbing.
yes i kind of got the same vibe from him that i got from orochimaru in naruto with his creepy infatuation with sasuke....

very disturbing :(

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
yes i kind of got the same vibe from him that i got from orochimaru in naruto with his creepy infatuation with sasuke....

very disturbing :(
Oh keep going! You haven't seen anything of Hisoka!

And after the Heavens Arena arc, you will understand how beastly this Anime can get (after a certain group is introduced.)

I almost envy you. You have so many episodes left to watch, and you're new to everything. My advice to you , don't go in such a hurry. Trust me, you'd want to enjoy it to the maximum before having to wait weekly like us. Although in the Arc after Heavens Arena, I supposed it will be difficult to hold yourself from the "One more episode" drugs.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh keep going! You haven't seen anything of Hisoka!

And after the Heavens Arena arc, you will understand how beastly this Anime can get (after a certain group is introduced.)

I almost envy you. You have so many episodes left to watch, and you're new to everything. My advice to you , don't go in such a hurry. Trust me, you'd want to enjoy it to the maximum before having to wait weekly like us. Although in the Arc after Heavens Arena, I supposed it will be difficult to hold yourself from the "One more episode" drugs.
yea the whole watching it slowly idea sounds good in theory but its not going to happen, i plan to turn my phone off as soon as i get home from work and watch it until i fall asleep tonight, in fact i may even watch a few episodes while at work :zomg

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

the scene at the end of episode 33 with killua was epic

and i loved the scene in episode 30 where wing meditates and says "master, i may have awakend a great beast" when talking about gon

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

LOL, I'm destined to see you everywhere. :P
You'll enjoy a lot this anime, I can tell. I wont spoil you anything, but pay attention to the little changes on the looks of the main characters.
yes i have become a regular poster on mangahelpers

i post on other boards (non anime/manga) and i have no one to talk to about my otaku habits

so i just found this site on google, now i have experienced many new anime and manga stories that i otherwise wouldnt have

and hxh is quickly climbing that list just as fast as one piece did,

i could seriously see this being one of if not my favorite anime, the sound track is great; the story is epic, the characters are amazing

and the fact that there is no filler (save for the minor recapping which isnt technically true filler)
sets hxh apart from other long shounen titles

i look forward to catching up with all of you soon and reading the manga

Akia999

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i look forward to catching up with all of you soon and reading the manga
Why would you do that? :gwah
Togashi is famous for his hiatus.The last chapter I read was a year ago.(not counting kurapika's special chapter)He's still on break.Reading hxh is a yearly thing instead of a weekly thing.
Take your time,seriously.It would be better for you.

the scene at the end of episode 33 with killua was epic
I guess you are getting close to Gon vs Hisoka.

I'm glad you are liking HxH so far and you're not even in Yorknew arc (that's my personal favourite)

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Togashi is famous for his hiatus.The last chapter I read was a year ago.(not counting kurapika's special chapter)He's still on break.Reading hxh is a yearly thing instead of a weekly thing.

I'm glad you are liking HxH so far and you're not even in Yorknew arc (that's my personal favourite)
i was not aware of this..... but being a fan D. Gray-Man i am used to hiatus also :(
if this is the case, i am not too worried about it, because i will watch the anime as it comes out, until it pauses for the manga to catch up , and i will just be patient with the manga, and maybe even re-watch the anime from the beginning with my little brother, as i am sure he would like it too

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
i was not aware of this..... but being a fan D. Gray-Man i am used to hiatus also :(
if this is the case, i am not too worried about it, because i will watch the anime as it comes out, until it pauses for the manga to catch up , and i will just be patient with the manga, and maybe even re-watch the anime from the beginning with my little brother, as i am sure he would like it too
DO IT! DO IT! We will complain of Togashi together!

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States

yes i watched gon vs hisoka

i dont get the scoring system for the fights, because when hisoka was "getting off" to gon punching him, they only scored him one clean hit, but according to the anime, he landed several clean hits, but the referee admitted after the fight to tyring to end the fight due to safety

i know that gon isnt quite to hisokas level yet....but hisoka is way too confident, someone will fuck him up eventually
i am not sure if hisoka is strictly a pedo or if he likes girls too, he was trying to get the doctor chick from the phantom troupe to have dinner with him but she rejected him quick like :derp

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

DO IT! DO IT! We will complain of Togashi together!
sadly it looks like that will be the case :(

has he given any reason why he is on hiatus?

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's addicted to Dragon Quest =/
hmm....i can feel his pain, i have been addicted to video games before

of course i never had millions of fans addicted to my manga/anime so.... :notsure

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

i love kurapika's story, i cant wait to see him exact his revenge on the PT

this anime just keeps getting better

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
hmm....i can feel his pain, i have been addicted to video games before

of course i never had millions of fans addicted to my manga/anime so.... :notsure

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

The anime is awesome. It's the best shounen anime i'm watching now, i guess. (shounen manga is probably Magi)

The only thing i don't liked (in the plot, not in the anime)

was Kurapika's disappear after York New arc =/

Now, will start the Chimera Ants arc that's quite boring imo...

Akia999

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i know that gon isnt quite to hisokas level yet....but hisoka is way too confident, someone will fuck him up eventually
i am not sure if hisoka is strictly a pedo or if he likes girls too, he was trying to get the doctor chick from the phantom troupe to have dinner with him but she rejected him quick like :derp
Hisoka is sorta bisexual.Though Machi is the only girl he hit on.He shows more interest in guys(not just little boy) as the series progress.

There is additional backstory on Kurapika that Togashi wrote as a promotional tool for the HxH movie.Like the one piece movie.It's not in the anime.
You can find it on the web somewhere.But you have to finish Yorknew arc first.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Am I the one here who thinks Hisoka is not interested in sex? I mean.it's not as if he wants to have sex with Gon or Killua,he will just kill them.He is only aroused by their potential(and Gon and Killua are the most talented Nen users,
there is Chrollo too).
But it's true that he seems interested by Machi,
when he asked if she would prefer to see Chrollo or him win in a fight,I found it really weird.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hisoka gets turned on by the prospect of having a good, bloody fight with people he thinks are strong enough to take him on or will be in the future (like Gon and Killua). He doesn't actually WANT to have sex with them, though.

Sexuality wise, my impression is that he's bisexual. I think he's interested in Machi, though.

Kazna

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Am I alone in having more interest in the manga than the anime? Or prefer his art? Because many here seem to feel disturbed by the art of the manga. I mean, I like the anime very much (MH version) but in my heart it never beats the book. I love almost anything Togashi put in the manga, especially his art style. I can look at a panel for hours admiring it, loving it, smiling and feeling that I'm really lucky to have read his manga and seen his art. His art may not be perfect, may not be the best or such. I've read other shounen that have very detailed and elaborate drawings, the art is beautiful, such as Rurouni Kenshin. But nothing's ever been more attractive to me than Togashi's manga art style, especially in HxH. His drawings are simple, minimalized yet so appealling. The characters' poses are very charming, in how they jump, they talk, they smirk, they do professional stuff (Killua for example). What I love best is how Togashi portrays (facial) expressions. With very minimalistic drawing, the faces are emotion rich. I don't have enough words to describe how great I feel about his art but it's really really great to me, very impressive, very expressive that now I can hardly find any interest to start a new series mainly because I always miss his art style when I try reading another manga (I tried Magi but couldn't move past the 4th or 5th chapter).

Another manga I've started recently whose art interests me is Dragon Ball. It's very lovely. But the storyline bored me as I went further so I stalled.

A little off: another sensei whose art impresses me is Rumiko Takahashi. These two are my most favorite manga authors (both story and art).

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dunno. I've always preferred the manga versions of any anime, even if the anime is damn good. There are little details in the manga that the anime leaves out for production reasons or that. In terms of overall story and character portrayals, the manga is going to win out. On the other hand, there are some scenes, especially action/fight scenes that I will prefer it animated. In general, adding colors and motion to some scenes will add an extra dimension of awesomeness that isn't portrayed in the manga. Considering this is a pretty damn good adaptation, MH's HxH anime is a notch below the source material for me, but it's not that far down the line.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
i just got to the episode where the shadow beasts tried to attack the troupe
very interesting stuff the PT is pretty hard core

Status
Not open for further replies.