Fall - NFL Thread | Page 106 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fall NFL Thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah idk, forgot I even posted that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean, there's absolutely zero reason why it makes sense that we lost that game. No clue what happened on defense.
That one was entirely on you, you jinxed them so hard. Never ever say your team is going to win before the game is over. I'm not generally a superstitious guy but you were just asking for it on that one. :amuse

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ravens are laughable lool

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ravens are laughable lool
Slow down son, the Iggles barely beat the Lions

That one was entirely on you, you jinxed them so hard. Never ever say your team is going to win before the game is over. I'm not generally a superstitious guy but you were just asking for it on that one. :amuse
I mean, I didn't say they were going to win. Was just remarking on us being up 28-7 at halftime...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yeah but that was crazy. Our defense looked incredible, Williams dropped a third INT and then in the second half they just laid down and no one in the secondary knew anyone else's responsibility.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lions might be good this year tho

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Miami Dolphins 3-0
Jaguars 2-1

What a turn of events this is.

:cookiestare

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well.. that sure was a game I watched.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
E A G L E S!!!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Greatest defense ever to play the game." :eyeroll

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cmon, you know there's nothing wrong with stating that
It's wrong but I do like his confidence. That said, I stand by rolling my eyes at it. That is the appropriate response to any player who says that who wasn't a member of the 85 bears.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's wrong but I do like his confidence. That said, I stand by rolling my eyes at it. That is the appropriate response to any player who says that who wasn't a member of the 85 bears.
Part of it is subjective though. If you look at the stats, the only areas where the Bears were better than the 2000 Ravens was in sacks and takeaways. Every other statistical category the Ravens were better.

Yeah sure different eras, but still. I don't think the claim is in any way outlandish.

The Bears TEAM was more dominant for sure, but if we're strictly talking defensive performance there isn't a significant gap between them IMO

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They shut out two teams consecutively in the playoffs. Allowing 10 combined points in Division championship, NFC championship, and Superbowl. They went 15–1 and are one of greatest football teams of all time. That's what makes them so amazing. Stats only tell half the story.

They got 54 turnovers while playing a total of 19 games(and 64 sacks!). The Ravens had 49 turnovers in a total of 21 games.

I definitely would not put the 2000 Ravens on their level. The 2000 Ravens lost 4 games. No doubt the 2000 Ravens were a great defense and they got Superbowl rings to prove it. But if we're talking "The Best". It's the 1985 Bears. It just is.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The 2000 Ravens defense allowed a single offensive touchdown in 4 playoff games. Chicago had the same total but played one less game.

The only statistical difference that leaps out to me is the sack totals, but that's really it.

There's also the offensive component. The 85 Bears was the second best scoring offense in the league, the 00 Ravens offense was ranked 14th. That includes a 5 game stretch where they didn't score a single touchdown on offense and they still finished 12-4.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So what do you want them to do with Lemar's contract @xi0? Keep it short term? Let him go? Or get something long term done?

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
So what do you want them to do with Lemar's contract @xi0? Keep it short term? Let him go? Or get something long term done?

5 years for 250M 200M guaranteed

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
5 years for 250M 200M guaranteed
I'm sure that's what he'd want. I'm curious what xi0 would be comfortable with.

I can't imagine the Ravens would pay him that much. Not after the Flacco deal and what happened with that.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Idk how he feels about short-term or long-term himself really, don't remember if there's been any reporting on that. While short-term is less risk, it also increases the immediate cap hit and would make it harder to win in the immediate future while we still have a good core of players that could win now.

I think that barring the front office or coaching staff knowing something we don't, you pay him if you can. If he wants 250 million guaranteed then I'm not sure I can be at a position that blames the front office for tagging him and trading him. I WILL blame them for kneecapping this offense personnel-wise at the WR position and continuing to allow Harbaugh full autonomy on who coaches the offense when it is no longer returning results. That shit must stop. Thankfully I think Roman's contract is up so they have less reason to continue with him. It boggles the mind that Dobbins didn't carry the ball once on Sunday in the Red Zone.

All of the media noise is just tiring. Statistically he has "regressed" as far as efficiency goes maybe but he has absolutely progressed as a passer. The talent he had at WR took a nose-dive this year, and last year our best WR was a disgruntled child who tried to get traded a year prior. His stats looking worse are just a huge coincidence I guess. :eyeroll

The injury-prone thing is also overblown. This isn't someone with a recurrent injury issues because of recklessly rushing the ball and taking bad hits. He's not RGIII. His two major injuries have both basically come from passing in the pocket. Refusing to give him a deal because of injuries is essentially blocking his bag because of bad luck or that the OLine couldn't block properly. This conversation would never happen if Lamar wasn't the QB rushing record holder.