Info - Official Fanbook Volume 10.5 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The moral of Kaji's story is that hard work doesnt pay off in POT.

Ryoga's school year has always been unknown. Maybe it'll turn out he's actually over 17.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Currently I'm working to try to get at least two profiles done a day.

Haven't decided on the next yet. Maybe I should hold a ranking poll and do it in that order.

In other news, Kaoz and I have been looking at various characters eyesight...Kintarou has 3.6 in each eye. That's 20/5.5 vision. for referenece a hawk has 20/2 vision and the average person has 'perfect vision' aka 20/20.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting parts about Ryoga's personal background is the "related by blood or something" and "Mother and Father" as family.

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Oh this is great!! I love these kinds of "info sheets" with not only their tennis data, but also overall social data :D I'll definitely be looking forward to see more of them! Especially Ochi and Mori.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh yeah, one important note: The "No Data" in Ryoga's profile is different from Byoudouin's and Oni's data being unmeasurable. Since he's supposed to be on Byoudouin's level, the No Data may very well change into unmeasurable at some point, but there is definitely a distinction between these two kinds of not having a stat sheet.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, one important note: The "No Data" in Ryoga's profile is different from Byoudouin's and Oni's data being unmeasurable. Since he's supposed to be on Byoudouin's level, the No Data may very well change into unmeasurable at some point, but there is definitely a distinction between these two kinds of not having a stat sheet.
if that is true, we'll see what happens when ryoma has to battle ryoga.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Wanted to take a break from the profiles, so I started translating the Q+A with Konomi.

It's long, so I'm breaking it into parts. He's page 1 of the Q+A which is the first 8 Questions:

Konomi Interview

1st Stringer Section

Q1: When Byoudouin was a High School 1st Year, he had shorter hair. Could you please tell us why he now has long hair and a beard!?
A1: When he lost to Oni and had to join the Secret Camp, he was selected to go on the sake capture mission. When that happened, he got into a fight with the bats and dropped his shaver in the river. After that, his beard has been growing furiously (LOL)

Q2: How did Byoudouin you come up with the names of special techniques?
A2: When he was in Middle School, he focused on the whole world and made sure to travel from place to place training. Because of that he uses the names of various techniques in other languages!

Q3: Is the segway that Tanegashima rides around in actually his?
A3: No, it’s actually Kurobe’s

Q4: Duke is only half Japanese right?
A4: He is only half! It’s be weird for him not to be right? (LOL)

Q5: Did you base Duke on any other existing characters?
A5: Duke’s character design is based on Quinton Jackson from [The A Team –the movie-]. However, the picture I first drew ended up looking a lot like an editor I knew back in those days named Watanabe (LOL).
(TN Note: Konomi actually called Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson, who played B.A. Baracus in the A Team remake back in 2010 as Clayton Jackson in his answer. I revised the translation to have the correct name)

Q6: What kind of haircut does Duke have to ask the hair dresser for when he goes to a salon?
A6: He just asks “Please give me something sexy!”

Q7: Ryoga is a man full of mysteries. Can you please tell us one of his secrets!?
A7: Jet Skiing is one of his specialties, maybe?
(TN: For those of you who don’t understand the answer…it’s a reference back to the Prince of Tennis Movie that introduced Ryoga originally where he rides off in a Jet Ski)

Q8: How did Oni start to make knitted stuffed animals?
A8: The Director of Boka Boka Yokochou taught him how to do it.
(TN: That's the name of the orphanage)

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Currently I'm working to try to get at least two profiles done a day.

Haven't decided on the next yet. Maybe I should hold a ranking poll and do it in that order.
I'll like to see Mouri. He's probably the most underestimated 1st stringer in this forum.

On Ryoga, his stats read pretty impressively. I would like to see Ryoga vs Shuuji for sure.

Q3: Is the segway that Tanegashima rides around in actually his?
A3: No, it’s actually Kurobe’s
Best part of this interview XD.

So, Byoudonin actually do go to the loser camp? I thought he win in his match against Tokugawa. Hmm, maybe my memory just served me wrong.

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Echizen Ryoga's family is only father and mother. But he claimed to be Ryoma's brother. Who the fuck is this guy?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't he go to losers after losing to Oni?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
So, Byoudonin actually do go to the loser camp? I thought he win in his match against Tokugawa. Hmm, maybe my memory just served me wrong.
Didn't he go to losers after losing to Oni?
Yeah, this was after his first year loss to Oni in the flashback. Not his match against Tokugawa

Echizen Ryoga's family is only father and mother. But he claimed to be Ryoma's brother. Who the fuck is this guy?
The mystery behind Ryoga is part of the story. My personal theory is that Ryoga is Ryoma's half brother from back when Nanjirou first got to American and was running wild sleeping with all the American girls left and right before he met Rinko. The mother got pregnant and kept the child and Nanjirou found out later and would visit him along side Ryoma every so often and teach Ryoga tennis. So Ryoga would be his illegitimate child.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Page 2 of Konomi's Q+A

Q9: Who is the high schooler that Oni gets along best with?
A9: It’s Nakagauchi Sotomichi. However, he is also Oni’s Rival (LOL)

Q10: What dialect is Ohmagari speaking?
A10: It’s not a dialect. It’s simply his mannerisms.

Q11: Why did Kimijima become a high school CM star?
A11: From when he was a child, he’s been involved in media production. He’s even flourished in dramatic acting roles.

Q12: What is the flavor of the [Colavita] that Kimijima was promoting?
A12: It’s a refreshing citrus – brilliance of youth – flavor.

Q13: How did Tohno come up with his sure kill technique [Execution]?
A13: While in a family restaurant, he struck up a conversation with the staff about how there aren’t any cruel executions anymore. He said “Like if someone were to step on your feet, wouldn’t it be nice to tear them limb from limb!” The old lady sitting near him was quite astonished by his words. (Strained laughter)

Q14: Was the reason that Tohno used the expression “yippee kay yay” because he was a fan of cowboys? ……or was it because he was a fan of the [Die Hard] franchise?
A14: He’s a fan of cowboys.

Q15: Tohno’s name “Atsukyou” is quite a rare name. Could you please tell us how you came up with it?
A15: There is a female pro golfer named Nomura Harukyou-san. I based it off that.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Konomi certainly gets inspiration from odd places at times.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Out of curiosity, do Ryoma have brother in his family in his profile?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
No Ryoma has no brother mentioned in his profile.

Page 3 of Konomi's Q+A

Q16: From when Ochi was there and after Atobe entered the school, has anything changed about the Hyoutei Tennis Club?
A16: Hmmm, the brilliance/radiance of it…maybe?

Q17: Ochi takes meticulous care of maintaining his tennis racket, does that mean he’s the OCD type?
A17: When Ochi draws, he draws the image of a warrior
(TN: I have no idea what this answer means >.>;; The question is asking if Ochi is indeed the high strung or nervous type of person and Konomi answers with a that…I can’t think of any other way to read this)

Q18: Mouri and Ochi make a great double pair, but have they been playing doubles very long?
A18: During the camp, the coaches just decided to pair them up on their own. (LOL)

Q19: While Mouri was enrolled at Rikkai, what did he think of the Big 3?
A19: He so seldom made an appearance at the club that he never really had an interest in the Big 3.

Q20: Mouri’s speech definitely has some sort of accent to it. Where is he originally from?
A20: His accent is Banshuu-ben from the Hyogo prefecture.

Q21: Even though Kaji got defeated by Oni, could you please tell us what kind of play style he has?
A21: I can’t, that’s still a secret.
(TN: Did you send in this question Kaoz XD)

Q22: Please tell us what the secret technique Fuwa has for his play style!
A22: Fuwa? He can fall asleep anytime, anywhere!

Q23: When Fuwa faced Yukimura he put on a blindfold. Wasn’t that handicap a bit much for the match?
A23: Because his opponent was only a middle schooler, he had just planned on messing around. That’s why he thought he would impose a challenge on himself and estimated there would be plenty of room for him to win.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

No more translations for today >.> I'm exhausted and it's bed time.

I'll work more on things tomorrow. Will probably do Ochi and Mouri next and maybe another page of Q+A assuming I don't have to stay late for work. At the very least I'll try to get one profile done.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's very possible that "Family Members" only includes the people they live with. For instance, Ryoma doesn't have his uncle or aunt listed. As Ryoma and Ryoga obviously don't live with each other, they wouldn't be listed in the other's profile.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
It's very possible that "Family Members" only includes the people they live with. For instance, Ryoma doesn't have his uncle or aunt listed. As Ryoma and Ryoga obviously don't live with each other, they wouldn't be listed in the other's profile.
I like this explanation. It make sense in a lot of way.

The last question make me want to see Fuwa/with no handicap vs Yukimura from the very beginning.

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hmm... if so, does Fuji have Yuuta and his father enlisted as family members? Because I think Yuuta lives in dorm and father is abroad. The same problem occurs with Ryoga, actually. Supposing Nanjiroh is his father, Nanjiroh doesn't live with him (as far as i know).

And does Sanada's nephew there, too? Based on the OVA I think they live together.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany