Discussion - Official Historia Reiss Character Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Historia Reiss Character Thread

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I still think Zeke impregnating several women would have made much more sense than having Historia be pregnant for the rest of her life... Zeke wants them all euthanized, but didn't they suspect anything when he insisted that it was Historia who had to be a mother?

As to Historia's baby... eh, I don't know. It could be Eren's, it could be anyone else's if they simply wanted Historia to have babies as soon as possible. I think Eren would fight to have a future where Historia or her children weren't turned into titans regardless of whether they are his direct family or not, as she's still one of his best friends

SkyJockey

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In regards to Historia’s baby and it’s father, I think it all depends on how complicated Isayama wants to make this part of the story. To me there’s two scenarios to this plotline, one simple and one complicated.

Scenario 1
A. Like the Military Police suspected, Yelena is the cloaked figure who secretly met with Historia and somehow convinced her to abandon her previous decision to become the Beast Titan. Instead she convinced Historia to become pregnant so Zeke could have more time to enact his plan with Eren. To that end, Historia picked one of the farm workers at her orphanage. This is the simple scenario (though how they convinced Historia that euthanasia is a good idea is beyond me :s)

Scenario 2
A. This is the more complicated one and assumes that Eren has his own plan and isn’t going to euthanize anyone, but still requires Zeke’s help to use the Founding Titan so he’s playing along for now. To that end, Eren is the one who convinced Historia to go against her previous decision to inherit the Beast Titan (possibly by unintentionally reminding Historia of the advice that Ymir gave her “live for yourself”). This is where it gets even more complicated. In order for Eren’s secret plan to work, he needs Zeke alive. To ensure that, Historia has to get pregnant before Zeke comes to Paradis. Now to me, it seems out of character for Eren to just go and ask Historia to find a guy willing to impregnate her. It’s his plan that hinges on Historia being pregnant, so I honesty think he’d agree to be the father. But to avoid repercussions that might occur after Eren leaves Paradis and goes rogue, they recruit a farm hand who works at Historia’s orphanage and who feels indebted to Historia to act as the father.

Those are the two ways I see Isayama handling this particular plot point. The first one is much simpler and quicker to use, but honestly considering how many surprises and conspiracies have gone on in the last 18 chapters, I think it’s fair to say the second scenario also has a good chance of being true.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yelena wouldn't need to tell Historia anything about the euthanasia scenario, though. By ensuring she can't be titanized (for instance, by bring pregnant), it gives her some extra time and a new candidate for becoming a titan with royal blood in the future (who can threaten the world with the rumbling, protecting Paradis).

SkyJockey

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yelena wouldn't need to tell Historia anything about the euthanasia scenario, though. By ensuring she can't be titanized (for instance, by bring pregnant), it gives her some extra time and a new candidate for becoming a titan with royal blood in the future (who can threaten the world with the rumbling, protecting Paradis).
That doesn’t fit though. Recall that Historia had already agreed to the initial plan presented by Zeke. Said plan called for Historia to devour Zeke first, then get pregnant. Historia getting pregnant fist delayed that plan because she can’t devour Zeke until after she gives birth. Yelena would have had to explain to Historia why the plan had changed and why she now had to get pregnant first.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Probably so we suspect Eren is doing everything to protect her and not turn her into a baby factory.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh @shipleyy you should see it too.
@Jko another theory.

Reactions: Jko

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
An interesting theory was posted in Reddit @shipleyy