Discussion - Official Zeref Thread | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Zeref Thread

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So, IMHO Zeref knew Fairy Heart from Obra, and surely Obra knew FH from Ivan. But one question, where did Ivan know FH from?
Mavis speculated from Precht/Hades.

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Something which has been going on in my mind for a long time [pls excuse me if its dumb :)]
Is Zeref really that strong 'as a mage ' or is it his curse that make's him such a hotshot ?
Do you think we could expect more from him ?

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Ofc zeref is really that strong and i think we can expect a lot more from him like soloing the master from all guild by himself .
Giving End a hard hard time

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
He was really underwhelming against Natsu.

Then again that Zeref was calm Zeref.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
He was really underwhelming against Natsu.

Then again that Zeref was calm Zeref.
Yes for me serious zeref is above natsu lol even in bdkm

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu was in Blazing/Flame Dragon King mode which is arguably the strongest and most destructive magic seen thus far, and still couldn't kill Zeref.

This shows how durable Zeref is. Combine durability with high level of magic and a high level of intelligence, you would have a deadly opponent. Even if you could speed blitz Zeref you still can't beat his stamina.
Not to mention, superior healing and death waves. Zeref doesn't need to know 1000 magic spells when he's already haxed out.

The 4 Gods, Gliderts, Laxus, Erza, and Jellal doesn't matter how cool or how strong those mages are if they can't hurt him and if one hit can kill them then I'm pretty sure the title of strongest Black-Mage fits Zeref well.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Zeref would pretty much stomp anyone except Eos natsu and acnologia .
Death magic is pretty op..

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would also like to add that Zeref has stated to Mavis that they do not need to sleep or eat. So this means he does not get exhausted in a fight either.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I want a tag team for taking him down not natsu alone it would be sick if the fight agaisnt zeref is natsu jellal gray lucy vs zeref

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu was in Blazing/Flame Dragon King mode which is arguably the strongest and most destructive magic seen thus far, and still couldn't kill Zeref.

This shows how durable Zeref is. Combine durability with high level of magic and a high level of intelligence, you would have a deadly opponent. Even if you could speed blitz Zeref you still can't beat his stamina.
Not to mention, superior healing and death waves. Zeref doesn't need to know 1000 magic spells when he's already haxed out.

The 4 Gods, Gliderts, Laxus, Erza, and Jellal doesn't matter how cool or how strong those mages are if they can't hurt him and if one hit can kill them then I'm pretty sure the title of strongest Black-Mage fits Zeref well.
It's not really how durable Zeref is, but just the fact that he can't die.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Depends what the Ankhseram curse does... but I'm willing to say it makes him very durable, and he could endure anything. The death wave stuff is the curse too.

In terms of MP I can only see dragons above him, he should be above the Spriggans. August is hyped to use more magic than Zeref, so if Zeref is used as the way to hype August I'd say Zeref is no.2 in the FT verse for amount of magic he can use. His fighting ability was a lot better than I thought it would be, had he not fought someone so strong who could burn his magic we would have seen a lot more from Zeref (basically anyone would be a punching bag for BDKM Natsu).

He is the legendary Black wizard.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
He is the Strongest Human Wizard in the World.Ankhseram Curse makes him the Strongest.Ankhseram Curse makes him the Strongest.He knows many different types of Magics.He taught Mavis,Hades,Warrod,Yuri.I Suspect He trained the Spriggan's Himself.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Because Raven Tail was one point of time a Dark Guild.
There's that and Hades being on of the few people who knows. Makarov and Gildarts are confirmed to know LH/FH, but Ivan knew before Gildarts apparently. Warrod is the only other person I can think of that might know.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
no use to counter someone you cannot kill.Zeref is the most powerful Black Wizard.if he doesn't have his curse then he would be beaten by one of the top tier Spriggans and Acnologia ofc.his curse can kill any human being except Dragons.Zeref didn't impress me so far.his durability is the only thing that is very impressive.he needs to fight someone incredibly powerful so that we can see how powerful he truly is.

I could be wrong ofc.

Last edited:

Discarab

Reaction score
Country
United States
No your right, in tenroujima Ultear wondered why Zeref was that weak. It's because his power lies in the fact that you can not kill him, he'll stand there. Tanking all of your attacks before shooting you with death lasers of death. I said this before and I'll say it again, he's a scientist, not a warrior. Warriors don't figure out how to bring someone back from the dead.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As to why the spriggan 12 are following him:
A). He's been around for way longer than they have and may appreciate his wisdom.
B). Like I said, you sure can wow someone with being smart enough to bring the dead back to life.
C). He's immortal and offering them a pretty sweet gig with money and power.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
greatly weakened Laxus beats Hades:

Zeref is powerful.the most powerful Black Wizard but he needs to do something impressive to impress me.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
greatly weakened Laxus beats Hades:

Zeref is powerful.the most powerful Black Wizard but he needs something impressive to impress me.
To be clear though, I think it's fair to question if Hades was as powerful as back then, considering he no longer has the Devils Heart. Still your point is fair, I would also like to see more diversity in terms of Zeref's magic.