Discussion - One for All Quirk | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One for All Quirk

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Inasa, Overhaul, Mirio and others have already shown that Deku is not that special even with that power so far, and two of those are just students like them, also the members of the League are getting stronger with time just like Deku and Shigaraki at this point is still stronger and faster that him.
Deku has a pretty broken ability, but he has shown that he will not use it like All Might did, and until this point he haven´t won all his fights with it, the ones he won are either with help or by nearly killing himself, so for now I don´t think we should woring about that.
Yeah I know Deku at this point isn't that great but when he becomes a hero, and the point he can use 100% then he will be without equal. I don't want Deku to be without an equal because then he doesn't have a challenge. I want him to continue being challenged by his peers and villians throughout his career, and not just bcs he hasn't reach 100% with OFA. I get what you mean about the current status of Deku which is still in the learning phase and can still be challenged tho. I just wish other pro heroes weren't just overshadow that badly by All Might and then it'd be the same among Deku's generation.

The entire point of the beginning few chapters is that Deku earned the power. He was given the power because he showed unbelievable heroic spirit with no regard for his own safety, that too for a guy who bullied him a few pages back, when no one else could. Kirishima, for all that heroic spirit, couldn't do the same in a situation much less dangerous. His classmates were asked directions by a huge, imposing figure that seemed like it might get rough due to breaking the wall but left immediately after getting directions, even wrong ones. Bakugou was legitimately in trouble. Kirishima couldn't move in that relatively small incident whereas Deku could move in an incident that had multiple pros present.

OFA is meant to be such a game breaking power. Its the only thing that can remotely stand up to AFO. Highend, with 6 quirks, is absolutely trashing Endeavour. AFO in his prime would take him out in the first 3 blows. All Might barely survived his fight with AFO. Deku could also barely use the thing. Now he can momentarily call up 20% but I think we're really underestimating the ceiling for other quirks. Quirk singularity is a thing. We're also finally seeing the pros in action with no students in sight and the scale is entirely different. The Overhaul fight looks cute compared to Endeavour vs High-end, which caused a skyscraper to be cut in half and decimated the top half. At least a 100 people have been evacuated from the scene and the No.1 hero is lying down bleeding while the villain that did that to him is looking off into the distance lamenting how boring the whole thing was. Do you really think battles will be so simple going forward that Deku can just finger flick away opponents especially considering that the league is also growing in strength bit by bit?
But he was given the power still. He only earned by doing what any heroic person would try to do. It's not like he won a test or something he was just given it by All Might by sheer coincidence. You can't say he earned it when he had no merit or achievements besides running up to a bottom of the barrel villain to save someone. All Might didn't even know there was beef between Deku and Bakugou until he go to UA as well. Several students in the UA have shown the same determination, and heroic nature, it's not like Deku himself is an anomaly amongst his group. I'm not saying Deku is a bad character on the contrary I really love his character, but to be given OP power with no other rivals in power kind of kills the hype.

OFA being a groundbreaking power that has no rival besides AFO makes it boring. It has no unique properties besides speed and strength so it's essentially just blitzing and oneshotting the opponent. There really isn't no point in creating unique characters with unique powers if all of it is just going to be completely dominated by a guy who is super fast and strong.

I completely agree with you right here. And I hope that Hori boosts the power of other Quirk users in Deku's generation so OFA doesn't completely eclipse them. I'm not saying Deku can't be the strongest in the series, I just don't want him to be so strong that no other person can give him a legit challenge.

Also I feel like I've been kind of misunderstood. I don't think All Might and Deku are bad characters or that Deku is currently OP, I just think that OFA shouldn't be this powerful (like to the point the #1 hero can practically oneshot the #2 hero). I feel OFA should be scaled down so it's not just an unrivaled power.

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Maybe someone had already posted this but it merits reiteration: I was re-reading some Boku, specifically, the provisional license chapter for Shouto and the others, where the kids and their 4-5 generation quirks were highlighted.

A thought came to mind. Isn’t this basically what “One for All” is. Inadvertently, sure, but a meshing of
quirks equivalent to a 4-5 generation quirk. Even more potent assuming prior to All Might, that the previous 7 uses contributed a quirk to “one for all”.

The only reason I bring this up is to make salient that one of the reasons One for all quirk is so strong is because of its advanced state in comparison to the current generation of quirks. That is to say that in the future, quirks as potent as One for All, will manifest in individuals naturally.

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
With it being revealed that the former users can talk to the Deku, All Might is definitely going to die. I think he and the other users will become like the Justice League of One for all. They will train and help Deku after all might dies.

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In the last few day I was thinking about which are the Quirks Deku can still discover and I what to discuss with someone about the theories I know.

First one: Deku having a healing power or a berserk mode.

Both seams impossible for me. Both are good powers and All Might said that none of the Quirks of the ancestors are good Quirks for fight.

A Berserk Mode is just to overpower and a Healing power are a good excuse for over using OFA. And doesn’t matter if it have a bad drawback because it’s a shounen manga and shounen protagonist are always reckless.

Second theory: Someone here comments that Deku can have the powers of the most iconic heroes of “ours” world, Spider-Men, SuperMan, Wolverine, Kamen Rider and some other heroes. This theory is based on the image of the first chapter that shows the first heroes of the society.

Please, if you know how post this theory on first hand, mark him here.

Third theory (my theory): Deku Quirks will be based on the Quirks of his friends from class 1-A

Two of Deku Quirks are already based on the Quirks of his friends (BlackWhip is based on Sero Quirk and Float on Ochako). I think they will help Deku master all his new abilities and on a final battle against AFO he will use the power of his friends to win.

G3kken

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
perhaps Deku will have a form of body control: the same way Shinsou can manipulate bodies by brainwashing. Would make sense if it's about quirks that are based off of his friends. And since it's the kind of a villian esque quirk, perhaps the original wielder used it for bad and that's why All Might didn't want to talk about it