Info/Discussion - One Piece Awards Info & Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion One Piece Awards Info & Discussion Thread

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
End of the Votingperiod

Today the votingperiod was concluded, please stay patient while we count the votes, doctor with the results and find a nice way to present them to you.

:vbunny

---------- Post added February 06, 2012 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was February 03, 2012 at 11:29 AM ----------

It took us some time, but here they finally are! The winners of the first One Piece Manga Awards:

Hody revealing his motivation
Straw Hat Pirates
Sanji vs. Wanze
Usopp waking the Monster Three up
Tenryuubito Saint Charloss
Davy Back Fight
Going Merry's Death
Water 7/Enies Lobby
Haki
Robin
Usopp
Luffy vs. Rob Lucci
Zoro
Luffy
Goro Goro no Mi
Whitebeard
Hyouzou
Ace's death
"WHEN do you think a man dies?
When his heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol?
No.
When he succumbs to an incurable disease?
No.
When he drinks soup made with a poisonous mushroom? NO!!!
He dies ...when others have forgotten him!! Even though I will soon be gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured!
As long as something is there... to be "passed on"...
A monster will be here soon. He is my son. Do not harm him. (Don't worry, Chopper. Your mushroom... won't kill me.) I'll be damned!! IT WAS ONE HELL OF A LIFE!!!" - Dr. Hiluluk

For details about the number of votes etc. please visit the respective threads.
Thank you for your participation in the One Piece Awards by nominating, voting and giving us input/feedback!

see you all next year - maybe ;D

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe it is normal, but the results are still hidden for me. I'm quite interested in knowing some of the second places or how many votes difference is there between davy back and Fishman island.

As for the comments, there was some categories which did not really appeal me (most underrated/overrated character). For next award (if any) I suggest the 'best mini arc cover'. As for the current one, I suggest to limit them to 2012 which would also allow some 'strawhat of the year', 'favorite/least favorite new character'...

I also think that the limitation to 5 choices of the MH awards is a better choice (though we could skip the intermediary poll in case of draw).

And I'm so happy that Hiluluk won the quote category :-))

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
all the places are listed and labeled with their respective votes in the opening posts of the respective threads (that's actually what took so long :P)

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks I didn't see it. that looks like a well done job indeed.
And would it be possible to unfreeze the threads so that we can comment the results ? Thanks

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
wait what... merry death is more dramatic than Ace death?:o damn u guys are heartless :crying

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Hum, some polls have been reoppened...

hoeru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Good to see that the vote on the least favorite arc did NOT turn out as FMI arc bashing. Thanks to all that didn't nominate nor vote for it. (And as a big surprise to me: Skypiea didn't "win" this one, either. :D)

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
If it was not for Fishman island, I'm pretty sure Davy back fight would have made 75% of the votes.