Movie - One Piece Film : Gold (23 July 2016) / Heart of Gold (16 July 2016) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

jackthai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope they don't do the same old plot they've been doing from all other movies with the usual "Luffy got beaten, run away, come back and finish the boss".
All other movies are good besides the usual plot twist. And how Eigengrau said people would complain about it, me included.
I appreciate the trailers and translations.

Fuuji Genichiro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
well that has been the plot of say EVERY ARC, with the exception being the Marineford arc, where luffy got his ass kicked period
this is the reason i thnnk they will return for a similar situation

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
At the end of the day, Luffy will always win. The plot has to surround the First-Main-Character of the story, no matter what. This movie is not an exception.

Notwithstanding the plot device, we will see how glamorous Luffy and his crew get to claim it from the antagonists and in this case, the Tesoro. The theme of the film is 'Gold", which is already sparkling in many people's eyes.

Let's have a good cheer when it comes. :super

Lomahongva

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
OMG... those pics with Lucci and Spandam... :wtf I didn't know they'll make an appearance on the film.

And do you know? I've just seen that the film has got a TV special titled: "Heart of Gold" on July 16th.

"The special will will tie in to One Piece Film Gold, which opens a week later in Japan on July 23. The story will center around a mysterious treasure called "Pure Gold" that even Gild Tesoro desires. The Straw Hat Pirates meet a girl named Orga who knows the treasure's location, and together they sail to the legendary island Alchemy.

The issue will also reveal a key visual for the special, as well as costume designs for some of the Straw Hat Pirates and new character designs for the special. Original manga creator Eiichiro Oda drew the designs".
Source and a little more: ANN

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
OMG... those pics with Lucci and Spandam... :wtf I didn't know they'll make an appearance on the film.

And do you know? I've just seen that the film has got a TV special titled: "Heart of Gold" on July 16th.

"The special will will tie in to One Piece Film Gold, which opens a week later in Japan on July 23. The story will center around a mysterious treasure called "Pure Gold" that even Gild Tesoro desires. The Straw Hat Pirates meet a girl named Orga who knows the treasure's location, and together they sail to the legendary island Alchemy.

The issue will also reveal a key visual for the special, as well as costume designs for some of the Straw Hat Pirates and new character designs for the special. Original manga creator Eiichiro Oda drew the designs".
Source and a little more: ANN

Thanks for posting the info. :super

It looks really interesting. The company must have been geared up for a sure success with the One Piece Gold and even comes out with a TV Special to serve as appetiser.

Mad Treasure, the chainman, looks pretty cool with the chains all around him.

I hope the Edited Manga group will pick up the anime and sub it when it starts showing. I'm looking forward to it. :^_^
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Additional update: The movie will be showing in Asia, Malaysia in August 18th, and there are plans to distribute to Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines.

This would be good news for those who lives in those countries. I wonder if the movie will go to America and Europe, and the middle eastern countries as well. It will be nice if it does. :^_^

Lomahongva

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks for posting the info. :super

It looks really interesting. The company must have been geared up for a sure success with the One Piece Gold and even comes out with a TV Special to serve as appetiser.

Mad Treasure, the chainman, looks pretty cool with the chains all around him.

I hope the Edited Manga group will pick up the anime and sub it when it starts showing. I'm looking forward to it. :^_^
Additional update: The movie will be showing in Asia, Malaysia in August 18th, and there are plans to distribute to Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines.

This would be good news for those who lives in those countries. I wonder if the movie will go to America and Europe, and the middle eastern countries as well. It will be nice if it does. :^_^
The latest "Episode of Sabo" was added to Crunchyroll's catalogue and, IIRC, it was premiered the very same day that it was broadcasted in Japan. I just hope this TV special gets the same treatment as well.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It looks like we are getting a lot more than just a movie. The TV Specials prior to the official screening of One Piece Film Gold is getting my heart burning. This is really a thrilling news, isn't it?

With the information given by ANN, it has announced that the theme song - Destiny - of "Heart of Gold" TV Special will be performed by Maki Otsuki, the one who has also written and performed two theme songs for One Piece Anime series titled "Memories" and "Run! Run! Run!"

Do you still remember the songs?

Let's treasure the memories of our Mugiwara!

:luffy

Besides the news of "Heart of Gold", ANN has also updated that One Piece Film Gold will be having an additional new cast members who are models (some of them are also actors/actresses and singers). They are:
These new cast members will be appearing in a race segment called "turtle car race" in the film.

It sounds like so exciting to have a race in a turtle (car)!

jackthai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
well that has been the plot of say EVERY ARC, with the exception being the Marineford arc, where luffy got his ass kicked period
this is the reason i thnnk they will return for a similar situation
I know Luffy will always win at the end, it has to be like this but not EVERY ARC had this kind of plot.

In Skypiea Luffy wasn't beaten by Enel at any time as I can remember.

Shabondy Luffy neither fought alone nor got beaten by PX-Kuma and after they got beaten by Kizaru, not the usual plot. And like you said, Marineford where the only strong guy Luffy won is the giant one.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't want to see another usual plot because it seems they're lacking originality and are doing it just for the money or whatever when the series have so many examples of how to develop a different plot.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I know Luffy will always win at the end, it has to be like this but not EVERY ARC had this kind of plot.

In Skypiea Luffy wasn't beaten by Enel at any time as I can remember.

Shabondy Luffy neither fought alone nor got beaten by PX-Kuma and after they got beaten by Kizaru, not the usual plot. And like you said, Marineford where the only strong guy Luffy won is the giant one.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't want to see another usual plot because it seems they're lacking originality and are doing it just for the money or whatever when the series have so many examples of how to develop a different plot.
I do agree like everyone else that a variety of plots would make the overall story more interesting and not so predictable though, please do bear in mind of the existence of a main plot device like the main characters themselves and the main objective of the story.

Movies, as part of the entertainment industry, as well as tourism in Japan (and perhaps even in other parts of the world) have a different connotation to them. I have actually posted in my early posts on this thread by which the emphasis that Japan has placed on its country's economic growth. Which government does not want its country to prosper? :^_^

Of course it is not all about profitability, as a viable entertainment industry will have impact on the people. Having a healthy country is definitely an asset as compared to a nation fills with sad and depressing subjects.
Good news for those who live in Singapore - One Piece Film Gold will be showing on August 25th. That will be a month after the official release in Japan.

There are also two more movies within the same year. Anime fans will be thrilled. :super

Details can be found in ANN.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Additionally, I'll include the new visual that Oda has drawn for our viewing pleasure.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
What a profitable franchise it is! Watching the film on a big screen will be fun. :super
More news on One Piece TV Special: Heart of Gold.

This special will tie with One Piece Film Gold, one week prior to the movie official release. WSJ has revealed three additional guest cast members for the upcoming One Piece: Heart of Gold as follows:

• Kiko Mizuhara as Naomi Drunk, a bow user who likes alcohol. The more drunk she is, the more accurate her shots become.
  • Minami Hamabe as Orga Miskina, an immature-looking girl with a bad personality who uses vulgar language.
  • Kiyohiko Shibukawa as Ashie Miskina, a man who looks run-down, but is in fact a scientist of high intelligence.

The special's story will centre around a mysterious treasure called "Pure Gold" that even Gild Tesoro desires. The Straw Hat Pirates meet a girl named Orga who knows the treasure's location, and together they sail to the legendary island Alchemy. Original manga creator Eiichiro Oda drew the designs for the new characters as well as new costume designs for the Straw Hat Pirates for the special.

More details are posted here.

The date is drawing near. Here's the One Piece Film Gold Ad Previews with Mayumi Kojima's insert song, "Gold & Jive ~ Silver Ocean".

You can hear our Mugiwara Pirates screaming away... Luffy is calling out to his crew!
More news on One Piece Film Gold! The date is drawing near.........

One Piece Film Gold's TV Spot Features Battle Scene

The AnimeAnime.jp website has begun streaming a new television commercial for the One Piece Film Gold anime-movie featuring a battle scene with characters including Nami, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Carina, and Gild Tesoro.

It's getting more exciting as One Piece Film Gold draws near...

Updates from ANN:-
Glim Spanky Music Video Features One Piece Film Gold Footage

Universal Music Japan began streaming a teaser music video on Monday for Glim Spanky's One Piece Film Gold theme song, "Ikari o Kure yo", offering a good look at clips from the upcoming film.

Very cool music that fits the movie, like it a lot! Well done for the music production team! :super

Newnub

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So finaly iam back but i see iam the first who found it XD so cause i ll like this forum and cause i like ladylola XD i ll post it for all here
I am happy that it is not fare any more until gold comes in the cinemas XD
SO i know all waiting of it (its just a Raw version but i know we all wane see it )
http://www.toonzaa.com/anime/?p=10575 the link is the Raw heart of gold episode 1H 45:min iam not sure if it is the hole gold episode but i think it is more as any one else could get right now at the moment the source = http://www.toonzaa.com/?p=5055
so lets watch it until a sup version is out have fun guy..
thx for always be soo cool XD
i love always to see the spoiles so i hope it is not against the rules and every one will have fun with this XD
BYE BYE and R.
newnub

Edit because if you would click on the picture with luffy the video would start but i found the link source sry i was tired as i found it XD Now have fun just the first mins are missing XD sry

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
One Piece - Heart of Gold has been officially shown two days ago in Japan. It is filled with intensive fights between the Straw Hats and their enemies. From the short clip below, everyone has displayed their courageous and justice side of them, especially Luffy who values friendship more than ever.

For those who have access to crunchyroll will be able to watch the full show, but otherwise, have a glimpse of the Mugiwara's battle as shown below.

Pretty cool, isn't it? :super
Godzilla Hitches Ride on Golden Ship in One Piece Film Gold Poster Crossover

Based on ANN's report, the cover of the September issue of Entermix magazine will feature two unlikely partners: Godzilla and Luffy. The two characters both have movies hitting theaters soon — Godzilla in Godzilla Resurgence on July 29 and Luffy in One Piece Film Gold on July 23. Godzilla is shown towering over the Grantesoro, the golden ship where One Piece Film Gold is set.

Newnub

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
... Thaifan uploaded the special to facebook.. XD
so cause on my other post it is deleted i dont know who or why some one delete it --- but once more i will try it to post the hole OPspecial .. heart of gold
if it will be again delete pls any mod p.m me for any info why XD thx

Oke i cannt post the link why i dont know lol it is in my post but dont come up in my post .... sad

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
One Piece Film Gold to Screen in 33 Countries

Anime Consortium Japan's (ACJ) ANIME NOW! news website reported on Saturday that the One Piece Film Gold anime movie will screen in 33 countries, including the United States, Canada, Singapore, China, and South Korea. The announcement was made at the film's Japanese premiere event on Saturday. The film previously held its world premiere in Abu Dhabi on July 15 before opening in Japan on Saturday.

Toei Animation has already scheduled the film's release in several countries, including in Malaysia on August 18 and in Indonesia in September.

We are in for the treat! :super

Updates on One Piece Film Gold in Japan.

One Piece Film Gold http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ns-1.1-billion-yen-in-opening-weekend/.104664Earns 1.1 Billion Yen in Opening Weekend

Toei revealed on Monday that the One Piece Film Gold movie earned 1,155,771,000 yen (about US$10.87 million) in its opening weekend, and sold 820,830 tickets over 743 screens, topping the Japanese box office ranking. The film earned 675,176,000 yen (about US$6.35 million) and sold 478,528 tickets on its opening day on 23rd July 2016, earning it the record for tickets sold on an opening day for 2016 so far.

The movie is coming close to us, are you going to enjoy it in the cinemas? :smile-big
Yo! Yo! Yo! Minna!

Here's an "eye-opening" of One Piece Film Gold ... hmmm.... some may have eyes popping out and nose bleeding!

All Mugiwara ...
:gatling :zoro :franky :usopp :chopper :nami :brook :robin :erosanji

It looks like Japanese fans have a lot of non-stop privilege to enjoy the film better.

One Piece Film Gold Creators to Attend Special Screening
"Golden Banquet"

One Piece Film Gold, the latest entry in the One Piece film series, has hit the jackpot, earning over 5 billion yen (appropriately US$48 million) since it opened on July 23. To celebrate, a special screening has been arranged for September 22 at the Marunouchi Toei in Tokyo. The director (Hiroaki Miyamoto), writer (Tsutomu Kuroiwa) and producer (Hiroyuki Sakurada) will attend and hold a discussion on topics like behind-the-scenes anecdotes and gossip about Eiichiro Oda, One Piece's creator and the executive producer of the film. To encourage a fun atmosphere, yelling, glowsticks and cosplay are allowed.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just wondering, due to all the box office success and whatnot... any idea how much Gold cost to make? Or how much a One Piece movie usually costs to make?

I can see that the budget info for Strong World and Z also isn't available... guess it's an executive thing not to disclose their budget?

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I don't think I have seen any article that reveals its budgeting cost for the films. Unless one has the access to the company's P&L account or they decide to announce it, there is no way that we can know. However the continual announcement of their successes is more beneficial to the company as generation of huge profit is an indicative of having a healthy income which then means a healthy company. With huge profits, it will instill confidence to the investors, shareholders and the general public. The indication of a profit-making company also shows evidence of their commitment and effort in the film making and production.

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Anyone know when the One piece Gol D movie will be released in subs?

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Anyone know when the One piece Gol D movie will be released in subs?
I suppose you are referring to One Piece Gold? If it's online, I don't think I have seen it. Many countries have just released not long ago, while others are acquiring the rights to film in their countries. I reckon we may have to wait for a while before we can watch the fan-sub.

On another note, the official dub version will be released in United States and Canada from January 10-17, 2017. So, for those living in that areas who are interested in watching dub version in cinemas will be good news.

Here's the preview.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
There's so many scenes in HD from the movie on youtube and yet the full thing is nowhere to be found...

Me no understandy :emocat