One Piece General Discussion Thread! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinsin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
The admirals and Sengoku are included. Look at Group 32. They just haven't posted all the groups yet to make the voting easier. Personally, I'm not voting for Zoro to lose. I'll probably vote Sengoku, since he hasn't shown anything that amazing so far. Logically, I know Zoro is probably the weakest of the group, but I like him too much to vote him out this early. Also, shame on the tournament creators for sticking Zoro in that group. At least put him in a group where there's a little difficulty in deciding who to vote for, geeze.
so true...
dambed I'm not voting zoro to lose either.I'll just have to stick on my personal theory.Since the monster trio did'nt show yet what they are capable of when they give all they got after the timeskip...

luffy - yonko/fleet admiral level
zoro - admiral/shichibukai level
sanji - vice admiral level

...probably I am wrong that's a 99 to 1% guess,, but...,, dambed...
anything is possible...
:@

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
zoros group would be awesome as a teambattle... aokiji and sengoku vs. zoro and rayleigh... dammit

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Hope we won't get some trolling like kicking out Ao Kiji, Rayleigh or Sengoku out only because we like Zoro as a character.:)
We should at least follow manga a bit. Otherwise we might get Usopp or Buggy winning the Tournament just for lulz.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hope we won't get some trolling like kicking out Ao Kiji, Rayleigh or Sengoku out only because we like Zoro as a character.:)
We should at least follow manga a bit. Otherwise we might get Usopp or Buggy winning the Tournament just for lulz.
already happened with usopp and mr. 2 :P

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
And I think we might actually see some more things soon.:)
I think it's not that easy with Usopp as the guy can actually pull a victory under certain conditions, but when people want to vote for a person I believe if it's not an obvious win like Whitebeard against someone like Mohji (just an example), then they should put some reasoning behind their vote, otherwise we would have just trolling and fanboism.

leshrak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I agree with most the results, even Usoop.
What I don't get is how Shanks got 6 votes to lose in a group with Cabaji :gwah I guess some people voted without reading first...

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I agree with most the results, even Usoop.
What I don't get is how Shanks got 6 votes to lose in a group with Cabaji :gwah I guess some people voted without reading first...
sure that's what happened. Shanks is one of the strongest, and everyone knows it.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
so true...
dambed I'm not voting zoro to lose either.I'll just have to stick on my personal theory.Since the monster trio did'nt show yet what they are capable of when they give all they got after the timeskip...

luffy - yonko/fleet admiral level
zoro - admiral/shichibukai level
sanji - vice admiral level

...probably I am wrong that's a 99 to 1% guess,, but...,, dambed...
anything is possible...
:@
lol,you are 100% wrong :XD . well,sanji should be at VA level,and so should zoro. maybe they are almost at shichibukai,but luffy is not strong enough to keep up with admirals,you can imagine emperors.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Lazy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm not seeing any picture presenting the four contenders for each round :gwah Is it normal ?

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
yes ^^; sadly time has the trait to pass, sometimes too fast. we will try to add them later on

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
add pictures,'cuz there are characters whom I don't know,or can't recognize.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
As usual, google is your friend :derp
not exactly: if the "spelling" his wrong google may show another thing with the same name,whereas the real character is not presented. that's the case of "jabra",who was "jabura" of the CP9. or am I wrong?

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
not exactly: if the "spelling" his wrong google may show another thing with the same name,whereas the real character is not presented. that's the case of "jabra",who was "jabura" of the CP9. or am I wrong?
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Jabra

It is a translation thing, other example is Jinbe/Jinbei. The English and Japanese versions are said differently due to the pronunciation of the names in their native language.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Jabra

It is a translation thing, other example is Jinbe/Jinbei. The English and Japanese versions are said differently due to the pronunciation of the names in their native language.
But to be fair some of the names are really really butchered in the tournament. I can recall one of top of my head right now though.
I wonder what did they do to randomize the group. Pick out pieces of paper from a box?

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
But to be fair some of the names are really really butchered in the tournament. I can recall one of top of my head right now though.
I wonder what did they do to randomize the group. Pick out pieces of paper from a box?
What names do you think are butchered? I didn't see anything that was "really really butchered." :confused

I mean, just on personal preference, I would've listed "Shiryu" instead of "Shiliew" since Shiryu's name isn't supposed to be English, and people don't call "Ryu" from Street Fighter "Liew" haha. However, Shiryu's named after the Chinese pirate Zhilong, so who cares. I guess many people say Shiliew, so whatevz. (Could just list him as "M. Bison" :3c ) But I wouldn't say stuff like that counts as a name being butchered, though.

Last edited:

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ummm, okay then explain "Somker" "Broggy" (Brogy with an extra g), "Alvia" (with a missing d), meh too lazy to look up the rest.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
well, those are called typos, you know, when you miss a letter, have one extra or switch two while typing. that's neither intended nor butchered and you do very well know who is meant there. not like Oda created characters with those names <.<;

Status
Not open for further replies.