One Piece General Discussion Thread! | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can we make prediction on who's going to win the tournament here?
Or is that going to degenerate and this is going to become a huge war that would transform this thread in a battle thread?

I'm also a bit afraid that this might kill the fun of the tournament, in the event where everyone already agrees on the one that would win :p

Last edited:

hoeru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Well, if it's only about strength, then Whitebeard, Roger, Sengoku and Garp should be the top candidates - without actually knowing what they can do... Shiki isn't even taking part even though he's canon.

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
that's neither intended nor butchered and you do very well know who is meant there. not like Oda created characters with those names <.<;
Ummm, yeah, but you guys got me sometimes. Especially Somker, in One Piece, there are alot of characters, so you don't know everybody. I literally thought someone named Somker. Especially, names changed since the first translation to when the volume came out.

But you know, my impression was that, some or few people who behind the tournament didn't read One Piece or wasn't that enthusiastic about the series. So yeah, that's also get me down a little bit. It probably better if a One Piece fanatic do it. (but haha, fanatic of any kind can be crazy). :D I really wished we could used some of the Naruto tournament element. Cuzz I really really like what people think about low tiers people visit each other rather than comparing them with the high tier. Maybe I will make a thread.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, if it's only about strength, then Whitebeard, Roger, Sengoku and Garp should be the top candidates - without actually knowing what they can do... Shiki isn't even taking part even though he's canon.
Don't forget Shanks.
Not only is he super strong, he's also a fan favorite.

I would say that the top candidate to win this tournament are Whitebeard and Shanks.
But, technically, I think Whitebeard was stronger I believe, so I would put my money on Whitebeard.

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Don't forget Shanks.
Not only is he super strong, he's also a fan favorite.
Ah! I forgot about him because he was in Cabaji's group!!!! :sweatdrop

But BTW... Other girls&guys that I'm missing in the tournament aside from Shiki: Fisher Tiger, Vivi, Crocus, Mr.9 (Miss Monday is there though), Zombie Cindy/Thindolly, Kaidou (butchered Moriah's crew), and Momonga.

Aw yeah, not having Pekoms in the tournament is also a real pity as Caribou made it in the tournament... :sad

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
the most disturbing thing is that gol d roger is added here, a character who must be uberstrong, but we never saw him fight at all

is miss a pacifista and kuma (or did i overlooked them?) >.<

Lazy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
When will the second preliminary round ends ? I looked but didn't find the information :(

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
today/tomorrow. you find it in the closing time of the polls.

expect the next random step around wednesday~

morau-san

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure how Roger could possibly lose this tournament. Assuming were using young Roger. The only ones who could hope to deal with him are young WB, young Garp, or young Sengoku. We only have the old versions of those guys though because thats when we saw them fight.... Even though we haven't seen Roger fight we have a pretty accurate idea how strong he must have been to fight young WB equally considering how much of a monster old wounded WB is. TL : DR it seems a little imbalanced that Roger is in here.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meh, any characters that had no time or feat in both manga and anime shouldn't have been in the tournament like at all really. That's would meant almost all of Blackbeard's crew.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
no one ever said it's balanced. it's a mixture of characters and you guys decide(d) for whom to raise or lower the thumb (to go into the final round), so...

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Akainu- interesting, like many people had already point out. The voting for these first few rounds didn't really matter. It all came down to the same 3 or 4 person anyway. And up course, your name sake, Akainu, is probably one of those people. So in essence, a tournament with 180 participants and or 10 participants are probably the same. Though, there isn't much thought going to the planning as evidence by leaving out Marco and or including characters that we can only assume so much about like Catarina Devon. But yeah, mindless fun is still mindless fun I supposed. My criticism probably won't has any effect. So using the same analogy of the number or participants. More or less opinions probably wouldn't be matter on the things that already set in stone. But I post this post anyhow for my own self satisfaction. :p

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I wonder how a popularity contest would go, in this format?

Usually, people just vote once for their favorite. But if it was done in a tourney style, we might some pretty interesting results. The final vote would be between two people, so the winner of the tourney could be quite different from the winner of when everyone just votes at once.

Popularity-wise, I'd expect it's between Luffy and Zoro.
This tournament, I expect it'll be between Roger and Whitebeard.

Arcanix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
When's the next round starting? All the old threads disappeared.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Second Preliminary Round Everyone! With a few added twists! :derp

Enjoy!

Lazy

Reaction score
Country
France
Well I'm a bit confused ! I can't vote for two people so I'll vote for the one that will loose (or did i miss something :D)

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I'm a bit confused ! I can't vote for two people so I'll vote for the one that will loose (or did i miss something :D)
No, you vote for who advances, in the end two will advance you just have one choice. :p

Lazy

Reaction score
Country
France
Ok Ok Then I've voted wrong for one round ! Nevermind :D
Still, imho one week may be a bit too long for this round don't you think ?

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ok Ok Then I've voted wrong for one round ! Nevermind :D
Still, imho one week may be a bit too long for this round don't you think ?
Well, in this round all 36 threads are in play, in the previous ones we split them up.^^

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
also there is another reason why you have so much time. take it and use it well ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.