One Piece General Discussion Thread! | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Well, we did read it. It says, "Which two will advance?" And you can only choose one. :confused
At least the options for the question are not "Yes" or "Not". :gwah

So the 2 options 1 vote is the real problem?
Yeah, it's lame. For example, say if one of the pools was beetween these characters: Whitebeard, Vista and Usopp.

Logically the fans who knows the series would all go with Whitebeard. Vista and Usopp would get a draw. Or in the worst scenario, someone who has just read just the beggining manga voted for Usopp because he has no idea who Whitebeard and Vista are, and for that reason Usopp got the second place.

Last edited:

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright, I know I'll sound like a bootlicker, but I'll say it anyway.

This hasn't been handled perfectly, but creating a tournament like that is still hard work.
So, I think that we should still be thankful for them (at the very least respectful).

It's okay to criticize and give your opinion, but every single post right now is a post about this tournament being a mess...

On a side note, you guys should really put Kizaru somewhere in this tournament.
There's really no reason for him to be excluded when people like Lola were included. :tem

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
only ~24 hours left to vote, go go go

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Thanks for the responses and updates. Now everyone can argue about who beats who, rather than argue about the voting, heheh. :cheez

I wonder if any of the Strawhats will fall in this round. (Poor Zoro, but it had to be done.)

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
only ~24 hours left to vote, go go go
sorry I gave up :(. and there are users who are making an underground tournament,whose results are sent to MP. I didn't participate to that either,though.

Lazy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice, it's the end of the preliminary round ! :D
Serious fights will take place, I can't wait to see what will happen.

sorry I gave up :(. and there are users who are making an underground tournament,whose results are sent to MP. I didn't participate to that either,though.
You sure doesn't feel like a fun guy, rating on the underground tournament is pretty low :no (I'm participating and I find the idea pretty fun :D) and not taking part on the official one because you didn't understood the voting system (and didn't take the time to ask question before voting...) is sad ... this tournament should be all about enjoying one piece, not complaining :)

Beware mattiaildivino, Joker's coming for you :3c

Last edited:

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
i don't see how it is a good idea. we will have to vote for one, but two will be selected. because fair votes will go mostly for one character, there is a big chance that popularity will determine the next one to qualify, not strength.
what i was thinking absolutely came true. my thought on the result:

Group 2 : Smoker loosing against Urouge? no way. bad outcome.
Group 9 : Tashigi winning against Hyouzou? i don't think so. Tashigi never did anything impressive, yet got through the voting.
Group 14: Catarina Devon, regarded as most dangerous female pirate and also one of the chosen by Blackbeard being eliminated against Perona.
Group 26: Yeah right. Eustass Kid is eliminated against Nico Robin. what a joke.
Group 28: The biggest problem so far. Big Mom being eliminated against Van Augur.
Group 32: Close one. but i think Sengoku can defeat both Aokiji and Reyleigh.

there are few other problem group with minor characters. but i will be skipping those.

Last edited:

leshrak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
what i was thinking absolutely came true. my thought on the result:

Group 2 : Smoker loosing against Urouge? no way. bad outcome.
Group 9 : Tashigi winning against Hyouzou? i don't think so. Tashigi never did anything impressive, yet got through the voting.
Group 14: Catarina Devon, regarded as most dangerous female pirate and also one of the chosen by Blackbeard being eliminated against Perona.
Group 26: Yeah right. Eustass Kid is eliminated against Nico Robin. what a joke.
Group 28: The biggest problem so far. Big Mom being eliminated against Van Augur.
Group 32: Close one. but i think Sengoku can defeat both Aokiji and Reyleigh.

there are few other problem group with minor characters. but i will be skipping those.
I totally agree about groups 2, 9, 26 and 28.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Tashigi: even if she couldn't 'win' coming in second is possible. Whether people hate Hyouzou/the fish/mermen so much or like Tashigi, see it as the group fight it was or whatever.
Caterina Devon: might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in, she gets the boot
Eustass Kid: fell prey to the love for Robin-chwaaaan :erosanji
Big Mom: similar to Caterina Devon, additionally we don't know her ability and it might be a sniper battle as well as close combat
Aokiji: see Robin. also many people voting because they think he can actually win.

see it as proof of what you thought or whatever, One Piece isn't a manga with a rigid power system and if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals sweet 16 :eyeroll

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Tashigi: even if she couldn't 'win' coming in second is possible. Whether people hate Hyouzou/the fish/mermen so much or like Tashigi, see it as the group fight it was or whatever.
yes. whatever would be the best answer.

Caterina Devon: might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in, she gets the boot

Big Mom: similar to Caterina Devon, additionally we don't know her ability and it might be a sniper battle as well as close combat
and we saw Van Augur fighting big time. don't give such weird answer. if we are assuming between two characters, then it is safe and logical to assume Big Mom as stronger. she didn't become Yonko for nothing. we knew power level of two Yonko, that's the basis to assume for the other two.

as for Caterina Devon, we never saw her fighting, good. so that's why we would assume her to be the looser? then why loads of characters without much info appeared in this tournament?

Eustass Kid: fell prey to the love for Robin-chwaaaan :erosanji
if you wanted to know popularity, then you should have said so. i would have voted for Robin too.

Aokiji: see Robin. also many people voting because they think he can actually win.
i have nothing much to say in this regard.

see it as proof of what you thought or whatever, One Piece isn't a manga with a rigid power system and if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals sweet 16 :eyeroll
you can stretch the tournament as far as you can; it will come straight down to them. and your writing is very confusing. one time you say "if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals" and when we do assume for a character, you say "might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in"

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
and we saw Van Augur fighting big time. don't give such weird answer. if we are assuming between two characters, then it is safe and logical to assume Big Mom as stronger. she didn't become Yonko for nothing. we knew power level of two Yonko, that's the basis to assume for the other two.
it's not that we saw much of him, but we saw his ability. also as seen in shichibukai, some weird seductive power could be a abse for a yonko as well. if her power doesn't work in the range of his weapon, what then? again, One Piece is not about who is the "strongest". as I tried to show above, a sniper has quite diffrent means than strength, is that what was weird to you?

as for Caterina Devon, we never saw her fighting, good. so that's why we would assume her to be the looser? then why loads of characters without much info appeared in this tournament?
I think you're deliberately confusing something there. most of those are not my arguments, but what people wrote in the threads, just like I remarked exactly in this case. You might not have assumed her as looser, others did.
As for why these characters appear here, that's because they are considered fighters, still, if people don't want them in the tourney, they won't get there.

if you wanted to know popularity, then you should have said so. i would have voted for Robin too.
it's a fighting tournament, but we can hardly oblige anyone to vote that way - how would we control that anyway? that aside, naturally popularity does play a role in a tournament. ever seen a team going into gear 2 when the crowd cheered them on?
there are endless ways of arguing here, my favorite though is this is a "group fight" black beard would crush Kidd, take his DF and go to the next round with Robin - so what if someone wants to see it that way? Just the same with Tashigi.

you can stretch the tournament as far as you can; it will come straight down to them.
and exactly that is NOT the case. with crocodile and luffy or enel we saw just what's up in terms of DF and abilities. if any of those shichibukai or yonkou meet a character that has a bypassing ability they're out. period.

and your writing is very confusing. one time you say "if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals" and when we do assume for a character, you say "might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in"
so what exactly is confusing you? as I said, with many of the reasons for the outcomes I wrote before I reflected what people wrote in the threads, just as the second sentence you were quoting.

Lazy

Reaction score
Country
France
Why rage about the organization of the contest ?
If there is one thing We should be sad about, it's about how people voted on some round.... but hey ! It's "democracy" and that's the game :-) The people have Spoken !! :verily

I find it funnier to have a lot of contender instead of the top 20 of the One piece food chain, it allow some surprise and fierce debate about fight outcome :super
It may be flawed, still it's intended to be a fun election :)

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, that is what happens when discussion is low. For me Kid, Big Mom and Sengoku are surprises. I mean come on? Sengoku hold off Blackbeard who was WITH TWO DEVIL FRUITS, Oda sometimes is pretty clear on what is going on. We have not seen what Big Mom can do, but becoming a yonko is no easy task. And Kid? well, I am a Robin fan but this is TOURNAMENT. :/

That being said, there is nothing that can be done, I have serious concerns that if Robin fights Blackbeard in the tournament now she will win. Hopefully a great debate will not let that happen.

Lazy

Reaction score
Country
France
When will the next round begins guys ? (no, i'm not putting pressure on you ! :derp)

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Robin exceeded my expectations. :hurr

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
old discussion threads are closed, sorry guys.

but you know what that means, right? :3c

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The first threads of the first round are up! Enjoy! Post and discuss and at the end of the day VOTE! May the best one win!

:bishie

---------- Post added October 17, 2012 at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM ----------

The new fights are up. :blai

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Well, that is what happens when discussion is low. For me Kid, Big Mom and Sengoku are surprises. I mean come on? Sengoku hold off Blackbeard who was WITH TWO DEVIL FRUITS, Oda sometimes is pretty clear on what is going on. We have not seen what Big Mom can do, but becoming a yonko is no easy task. And Kid? well, I am a Robin fan but this is TOURNAMENT. :/

That being said, there is nothing that can be done, I have serious concerns that if Robin fights Blackbeard in the tournament now she will win. Hopefully a great debate will not let that happen.
Well said, well said.

I can't fathom how Sengoku could lose, he and Garp always used to fight Roger and Whitebeard to a draw.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Next batch is up, no surprises please, but let the vote be LOGICAL! :p

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
You know what might be kinda interesting to add? Something like a loser's poll where we vote for the "Best Among The Losers."

Status
Not open for further replies.