One Piece General Discussion Thread! | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebullet Teacher

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Oh my so many travesties for the life of me I can't figure out why Bellamy is so loved! Him getting one-shotted by Luffy raised his status tremendously high (for some reason) but he's a rubbish pirate, rubbish I tell you!

FuS

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You know what might be kinda interesting to add? Something like a loser's poll where we vote for the "Best Among The Losers."
Interesting idea, though what do you mean all the losers that were already eliminated, or starting with round 1?

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Interesting idea, though what do you mean all the losers that were already eliminated, or starting with round 1?
Oh, thanks! Maybe something like this:

Vote for the "Strongest Loser" among all the people who got eliminated first (when people were in groups of 4).

Then do the same for the "Strongest Loser" among all the people who got eliminated second (when people were in groups of 3).

But what might be the most fun discussion would be a "Weakest Of All" vote! :teehee

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't believe Franky lost. I don't see why people think X Drake is stronger than him.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
oh my, poor Kizaru had such a short stay in the tourney :rofl

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
oh my, poor Kizaru had such a short stay in the tourney :rofl
Well, that was to be expected when he goes against Shanks right at the beginning!
Although, I still think that this match should have been closer...

Kizaru is a beast, probably the strongest of the Admirals, so he would certainly be a challenge, even for Shanks.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Leonsagara
Do you believe Luffy would loose to Franky? If not, then why should X-Drake loose to him? X-Drake seemed to be the strongest Supernova after Luffy before timeskip and now he still seems to be around the same place. He seems to be one of Luffy's rivals in a long run, so how come Franky should be able to beat him?

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Leonsagara
Do you believe Luffy would loose to Franky? If not, then why should X-Drake loose to him? X-Drake seemed to be the strongest Supernova after Luffy before timeskip and now he still seems to be around the same place. He seems to be one of Luffy's rivals in a long run, so how come Franky should be able to beat him?
I don't know about X-Drake being second strongest Supernova - exact places ranking is disputable - but I put him in the same tier as Kidd and Law. Not to mention his plot relevance as a former Marine :D.

Taking into account individual combat ability, only a fool would think Franky's above X-Drake.
The only problem here is that we saw X-Drake fare not so well against a Pacifista before, so this is a bad matchup. Those do a lot (http://www.mangapanda.com/103-2386-16/one-piece/chapter-279.html), so I understand why many people were for Franky.
Even so, X-Drake is one of the strongest Supernovas, so I think he has the upper hand in this fight.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, it seems that current Pacifista is close to nothing after timeskip for any Mugivara. Don't know about Nami, but let's face it most of Mugivaras should be able to take down Pacifista. So I doubt X-Drake can't do it if he is in the same tier as Kidd and Law at least.:)

P.S. Also in a normal fight Franky won't be in his giant robo mode. He needs time to do this and I doubt that there next fights would be near Sunny, thus he can't transform into his best form...

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
what happens to ivankov and kong? ^^

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
investigating~

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Sachsenhesse
It seems that there is a tie... that's damn strange.:)

So are we going to have additional round or something?

Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
The tie itself is the riddle. When the polls were closed there was no tie, Kong won.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
The tie itself is the riddle. When the polls were closed there was no tie, Kong won.
Yeah, when the polls closed, I remember seeing Kong ahead by 1 vote. My guess is someone tried to change their vote after the polls closed. It must have allowed them to un-vote but not re-vote.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I had the same impression that there was one vote more for Kong, thus I was puzzled by the question, but then I was puzzled even more, when I saw the changing of votes and actual tie...
And I didn't know that it is possible to change a vote, when a thread is already closed...

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I was wondering about this tournament. Is it a fighting match or a popularity contest? Because I don't know in which manga Buggy is stronger than Killer?

If it's gonna be like this, then there's no point in following it or participating in it.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
The tournament, like One Piece, isn't only about strength, but also about ability. In this case, Buggy won, in another he might lose, but ultimately it should be fun for everyone, including some surprises here and there.
If we went by strength and strength alone, we could just skip to have a WB vs BB final, no? Wouldn't exactly be entertaining though.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your assesment of the final by strength alone is false. It would be WB vs. GR.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
The tournament, like One Piece, isn't only about strength, but also about ability. In this case, Buggy won, in another he might lose, but ultimately it should be fun for everyone, including some surprises here and there.
If we went by strength and strength alone, we could just skip to have a WB vs BB final, no? Wouldn't exactly be entertaining though.
Not quite. Discussion is the most fun here. A battle of words to defend the one who you believe is stronger. When someone like Buggy wins against someone he shouldn't be, and in the next round fights someone WB, for example, then you have nothing to discuss there. Just a few joke posts like - WB uses BISENTO, it's not effective. WB uses EARTHQUAKE - super effective! BUGGY has FAINTED!

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
and so? the same does happen when it's Killer vs WB, doesn't it? there was quite some discussion actually and that's how people voted *shrugs*

that said, look forward to the next round :kukuku

Status
Not open for further replies.