Movie - One Piece Stampede | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How excited are you for One Piece: Stampede?

• Total voters

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Shanks is a Swordsman, there's a reason he's not the World Strongest Swordsman while his rival (Mihawk) is the World's Strongest Swordsman.

In fact, when Shanks came to Whitebeard, he had add that Mihawk wasn't the one to scar him given that certain type of scars denote whom one was defeated by and also implying, Whitebeard would have jumped to the conclusion the scar he complains about were Mihawk related.

At whatever period these 2 decided who the strongest was, Mihawk came out on top.

At the very least, we can assume both are equally powerful enough to defeat the other. Only difference is Mihawk doesn't have a gang whereas Shanks does.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have always been of the opinion that Shanks > Mihawk with the exception of Swordsmanship which is very clearly Mihawk>Shanks, but I do not understand why Mihawk or Shanks are so brazenly put down. There is no reason for it.

This is a major blow for Sanji fans though... fanservice-wise. Yes its noncanon, but the visuals alone are impressive.

It's a shame we are seeing Zoro go 100% in a movie rather than in manga. Does this confirm Zoro's Ashura is no longer his strongest moveset?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shanks is a Swordsman, there's a reason he's not the World Strongest Swordsman while his rival (Mihawk) is the World's Strongest Swordsman.

In fact, when Shanks came to Whitebeard, he had add that Mihawk wasn't the one to scar him given that certain type of scars denote whom one was defeated by and also implying, Whitebeard would have jumped to the conclusion the scar he complains about were Mihawk related.

At whatever period these 2 decided who the strongest was, Mihawk came out on top.

At the very least, we can assume both are equally powerful enough to defeat the other. Only difference is Mihawk doesn't have a gang whereas Shanks does.
This, right here.

Whether Mihawk is Stronger than Shanks, doesnt matter. In an all out fight Mihawk would lose for the sole reason that Shanks has an army behind him and Mihawk doesnt. This is of course ignoring the fact that Shanks and Mihawk are comrades now and a fight to the death is out of the question.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

more to come in the next few hours, expect webcam of the film by sunday

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Ever heard of Viver card databooks illustrated by Eiichiro Oda?
When you claim that "Oda says" you are misleading people into thinking it came from an SBS or interview. I posted several pictures from the manga and even the Vista entry in the Blue Deep databook.

And the Vivre Cards are not "illustrated" by Oda, the illustrations are taken from the manga.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
When you claim that "Oda says" you are misleading people into thinking it came from an SBS or interview. I posted several pictures from the manga and even the Vista entry in the Blue Deep databook.

And the Vivre Cards are not "illustrated" by Oda, the illustrations are taken from the manga.
Viver card databooks are just as cannon as the manga as its were we have learned who has haki, their ages, their height, their abilities and their character backgrounds that were never covered in the manga at the time, its not misleading to use this facts to prove my point!

OMG the information is from Oda himself as he tries to cover things that he didnt have time to include in the story at the time!
The cards are not taken from the manga they are there to cover information that wasnt included in the manga, BIG DIFFERENCE!

I have always been of the opinion that Shanks > Mihawk with the exception of Swordsmanship which is very clearly Mihawk>Shanks
I have never understood this argument, maybe its just me but this logic sounds very stupid!

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
When you claim that "Oda says" you are misleading people into thinking it came from an SBS or interview.
How is it misleading if the source is from the Vivre-cards which are also cannon? Pretty sure his citation regarding Mihawk's ranking is vivre-card based.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How is it misleading if the source is from the Vivre-cards which are also cannon? Pretty sure his citation regarding Mihawk's ranking is vivre-card based.
Because I posted information from the manga/databooks. When he claims that "Oda says" otherwise, it would imply not be from similar sources.

OMG the information is from Oda himself as he tries to cover things that he didnt have time to include in the story at the time!
The cards are not taken from the manga they are there to cover information that wasnt included in the manga, BIG DIFFERENCE!
You said the author "illustrated" it. It's not my fault that you don't read before you post.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Because I posted information from the manga/databooks. When he claims that "Oda says" otherwise, it would imply not be from similar sources.

You said the author "illustrated" it. It's not my fault that you don't read before you post.
So information on Shanks and Mihawks card is not said by Oda?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have always been of the opinion that Shanks > Mihawk with the exception of Swordsmanship which is very clearly Mihawk>Shanks, but I do not understand why Mihawk or Shanks are so brazenly put down. There is no reason for it.

This is a major blow for Sanji fans though... fanservice-wise. Yes its noncanon, but the visuals alone are impressive.

It's a shame we are seeing Zoro go 100% in a movie rather than in manga. Does this confirm Zoro's Ashura is no longer his strongest moveset?

This, right here.

Whether Mihawk is Stronger than Shanks, doesnt matter. In an all out fight Mihawk would lose for the sole reason that Shanks has an army behind him and Mihawk doesnt. This is of course ignoring the fact that Shanks and Mihawk are comrades now and a fight to the death is out of the question.
Fighting Lucci and Smoker is major blow for Sanji? Despite going 'movie logic' Lucci evenly fight with Sabo last movie? So it's bad for Sanji to be at Sabo lvl if he can fight off Lucci? I don't get where your coming from that statement. This doesn't really downgrade Sanji when it only upgrade him more in hindsight. Regardless we shouldn't take power scaling in movies when we all know end of the day what happens in movies is not the same as in manga on their true performance.

Think Asura was one time thing. Zoro had many chances to use move even times he was facing certain obstacles. For him to not use it yet despite how serious things are in Wano arc, implies more that it's no longer his full limit anymore or at least if he does have it, it same lvl as Luffy's Gear 2nd and 3rd and Sanji's Diamble Jamble. Not true guarantee it's his ultimate finish.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fighting Lucci and Smoker is major blow for Sanji? Despite going 'movie logic' Lucci evenly fight with Sabo last movie? So it's bad for Sanji to be at Sabo lvl if he can fight off Lucci? I don't get where your coming from that statement. This doesn't really downgrade Sanji when it only upgrade him more in hindsight.

Think Asura was one time thing. Zoro had many chances to use move even times he was facing certain obstacles. For him to not use it yet despite how seriouams things are in Wano arc, implies more that it's no longer his full limit anymore.
To save myself a headache I'm going to ignore all your posts on this matter.

With all due respect, you are far too inaccurate and biased when it comes to things of this nature.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
To save myself a headache I'm going to ignore all your posts on this matter.

With all due respect, you are far too inaccurate and biased when it comes to things of this nature.
All I ask is simple question. Your only one making it into a 'issue' on it.

Nothing to do with biased, looking how characters are portray in manga especially in current arc. You got learn to accept different opinions than act it's impossible to talk to someone just because we won't agree on everything.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
You could try to be a little less insulting.

There is literally 0 need for it
But saying something like strength X is stronger but in swordsmanship Y is stronger sounds stupid to me, as we have seen Zoro is both strong and gifted swordsman, it would be very stupid if the WSS wasn't able to hold his own in brute force vs another swordsman, it should have been obvious from the beginning that Y was stronger than X and only reason X is more a thread is because he has a bunch of underlings while Y doesn't.
In a 1 v 1 fight Y will always beat X no matter what.

I also dont see how my statement is insulting since i refereed to that view point/statement as stupid, its my own personal believe not an attack on anyone so how is it offensive?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Can we please stop clogging the thread with Shanks vs Mihawk? I apologize for adding fuel to the discussion...

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
All I ask is simple question. Your only one making it into a 'issue' on it.

Nothing to do with biased, looking how characters are portray in manga especially in current arc. You got learn to accept different opinions than act it's impossible to talk to someone just because we won't agree on everything.
He loses to Smoker thats what makes him look bad, and on top of that he got beat off screen!
meaning his biggest moment in the film were not even important enough to even animate it!

This movie missed an opportunity of having Luffy, Zoro and Sanji team up vs Bullet while the rest of the crew fought the rest, people like Brook, Chopper, Sanji, Franky, Nami and Robin would have had some relevance, the only crew that really do anything are Usopp, Luffy and Zoro which is a shame!

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
He loses to Smoker thats what makes him look bad, and on top of that he got beat of screen!
meaning his biggest moment in the film were not even important enough to even animate it!

This movie mist an opportunity of having Luffy, Zoro and Sanji team up vs Bullet while the rest of the crew fought the rest, people like Brook, Chopper, Sanji, Franky, Nami and Robin would have had some relevance, the only crew that really do anything are Usopp, Luffy and Zoro which is a shame!
Nothing mentions on spoilers him losing to anyone. I check all the websites posting the spoilers even with current updates and original source. Nothing says that at all. That's info you make up on your own. Don't pass it off as official or you know Oda's work just like Mihawk stronger than all Yonkos your trying to force too.

We also don't know what other stuff in the movie. Doubt crew won't do anything to fight and help. We only got spoilers, not whole film information. Your only thinking from your mindset, not what's really going on.

Last edited:

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing beats WOG in these instances. Oda stating he beat a yonko lvl swordsman as his last opponent gives us our answer. Now I really can’t wait to see Zoro vs Mihawk ✊🏾

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Nothing mentions on spoilers him losing to anyone. I check all the websites posting the spoilers even with current updates and original source. Nothing says that at all. That's info you make up on your own. Don't pass it off as official or you know work just like Mihawk stronger than all Yonkos your trying to force too.

We also have don't know what other stuff in the movie. Doubt crew won't do anything to fight and help. We only got spoilers, not whole film information. Your only thinking from your mindset, not what's really going on.
unfortunately for you this movies will focus more on Luffy and Usopp, Zoro has a few moments while the rest are just there because they are part of the crew, they have little screen time, there are too many characters in this movie, meaning the crew got little screen time, none of them were able to beat anyone and Luffy only beats Bullet because of BS, he had no business beating Bullet the power difference was that great!

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
unfortunately for you this movies will focus more on Luffy and Usopp, Zoro has a few moments while the rest are just there because they are part of the crew, they have little screen time, there are too many characters in this movie, meaning the crew got little screen time, none of them were able to beat anyone and Luffy only beats Bullet because of BS, he had no business beating Bullet the power difference was that great!
Again your mindset as you judge on spoilers. Doubt Oda will not make them do nothing while everything going on like Sanji for example. Not just those 3 and Usopp Idk how much spotlight we see him as only him involving getting defeated by Bullet from trailer and spoilers him having a hand in defeating him with the others. We don't know how much screentime he has other than that. Same for Zoro with Fujitora fight only. Oda will give them spotlights all around. Maybe not as much as Luffy, but Oda not one to make them sitback during the film with how involve he is.

Yeah, Non-Canon movie. It's all for show and entertainment, not for serious plot and power-scaling. Luffy defeated Shiki and Zephyr prior despite his power at time and theirs. Not first time this happen and probably continue since movies are meant more to be more fun, not true accurate of what's in the manga.

Last edited: