Semifinal - One Piece vs. Gintama | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal One Piece vs. Gintama

Who wins?

• One Piece

• Gintama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Like in the previous One Piece match I am not sure which one I like more...

You should try the anime, there are several seasons and one ongoing.
I tried it but I sadly didn't get past the 30 or something th episode.
While it was cool and funny, it was too episodic to my taste. Didn't have enough long-going plot or arc that would engage me into such a long anime.

I heard there are some (excellent) serious arcs afterwards but... It's too far. :s

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
They both have great stories but One Piece's art is worse.
I would love, really love..... but adore to see at least one piece of art from Gintama that can surpass other from One Piece.

The Challenge is on the Table:datass

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Vote for Ginatama if you want HxH or FMA to win this. I like One Piece, but I like HxH and FMA way more so my vote goes to Gintama.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'll support Gintama this time, although it was a difficult choice. They both have good world-buildings and many secondary characters that come back into scene, but I think Gintama valorizes more its secondary characters than One Piece.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Vote for Ginatama if you want HxH or FMA to win this. I like One Piece, but I like HxH and FMA way more so my vote goes to Gintama.
Well, that's just an excuse for everyone to vote for one piece then.

First Vagabond, then Berserk. I look forward to your salt in the coming days~ :kappa

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, that's just an excuse for everyone to vote for one piece then.

First Vagabond, then Berserk. I look forward to your salt in the coming days~ :kappa
I have already produced my maximum level of salt, you gotta remember that I have a far lower salt cap then you do.

Ginatama is literally a running joke.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm annoyed that a manga that I didn't read arrived that far. :/
I'm guessing you mean Gintama?

Maybe it's a sign that you should read it! :tem

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
My vote goes to Gintama. I literally loathe how badly dragged out One Piece is, it's the reason I often drop it.. otherwise it has better world building and feels more connected than Gintama.

Gintama often felt like filler, but the glorious kind of filler! It's like mixing a quality battle manga with a quality comedic slice of life. And it just works! Fuck the excess of dick jokes, Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball references though..

I also find Gintama to have a much better female cast of characters, slightly better overall cast despite the weaker antagonists. Power distribution is superior in Gintama as well.. I was on the verge of tears from laughing at Gintoki's reaction to My Neighbour Hedoro's power in the manga because what he said is pretty much my thoughts. Gorilla san is fully aware of the bullshit powerlevel tropes that plague battle manga and it was refreshing to see him take the opportunity to make fun of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.