Voting Round 2 - One-Punch Man vs. Death Note | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 One-Punch Man vs. Death Note

Who wins?

• One-Punch Man

• Death Note

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

One-Punch Man
ONE

-

Death Note
Tsugumi Oba and Takeshi Obata

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I did not vote for DN last round, and I won't be doing so here either. It's a solid series, but any series that I can clearly point out a huge section of declined quality, that loses its charm largely to me during said part, is not one I will take over a series like OPM that has had no such decline as of yet imo.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh boy, got a tough opponent this time. It's Justice versus Dark Justice.

Can our mild mannered hero, Saitama, beat Light Yagami the villain who could only be defeated through the use of a half dozen obvious holes in logic? Yes, because the true answer to this was discovered long ago.

Though it could be argued that Light loses this fight before he has ever stepped onto the battlefield because he, and his series, have no sense of humor and minimal sexiness. Without those two things all the power in the world is meaningless is it not? What is the point of victory if it has the same salty taste as defeat?

No, my friends, take a stand for what is right! Stand with me and enjoy the sweet flavor of victory! Vote for true justice. Vote sexiness. Vote One Punch-man!

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Easy choice, One Punch Man. Not going to vote so quickly though as usual. Who nominated Death Note?

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

TBH I love both that titles and IMO both of them deserved to go further in that awards and face each other later on...

Bias and heart telling OPM but smh my hand want to select DN... :feelsbadman

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Gonna wait for the campaign before voting on this one. :)

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Gonna go for OPM. Its just an amazing work of art, love the comedy, parodies and the action. Plus Saitama is freaking great. XD

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I am torn.Whom should I vote?

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Easy choice, One Punch Man. Not going to vote so quickly though as usual. Who nominated Death Note?
It was me who nominated it.

Since I was the one who nominated it, I will have to pick DN. In all seriousness though OPM vs DN,
Hero vs Anti hero
I like taking some dark routes to get to justice.

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Death note :3

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Voting in one click for One Punch Man ! :datass
Death Note doesn't have any humor in it, so at the end it feels boring, so it won't get my vote:bored

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Liking this very positive reception against Death Note, I had anticipated a lot more of a fight. If for no other reason that the amazing parodies Death Note has given rise too. Like the incredible Gintama hot pot episode. "A shared soup pot is a microcosm of life."

Never the less, you all did make the right and just decision in standing on the side of righteousness and deserve to be rewarded as such...with more glorious One Punch-man fanart!

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I think if Death Note was relatively new it would beat the shit out of Saitama. It's much more daring and complex. Obviously it's not flawless, but I still remember how amazed I was back when I read it for the first time. It has a truly unique concept and remained, even through the second arc, reasonably good. I guess I'm in the minority for actually enjoying the stuff after L, too. (and L was overrated in my eyes...)

OPM will most likely win this thanks to it's amazing anime adaptation, but as entertaining as the OPM manga is, I don't feel like it can live up to a legend like Death Note.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Voted death note ( refer to Niichan post he perfectly summed up all my thoughts
). Again i like a lot One punch man but it never let me the impression DN let me, I came across DN way before Naruto and One piece it had a huge impact on me, and sorry call it lame if you want I still love it a lot.

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Voted Death Note, because I like dark and thrilling things (FSN and SM), anti-hero stuff, and not to mention that Light can defeat Saitama by writing "The Caped Baldy"... nah, just trolling.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The way Death Note addressed the issue of justice in our world was simply magnificent.
It led me to think whetever or not a person with a power similar to the one held by Light, would remain faithful to his idea of justice without twisting it into a God complex.
I'd like to say much more about this Manga, but I think that my statement just above was more than enough IMHO.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Bad pairing, One takes the mission to show us what has happened to the "Hero idiosyncrasy", OPM is clearly a parody of what has been stated to be a true hero and how it entails to bring us a nice time.

But Death Note also takes the "Hero thread" and focus in a typical duel between the Antihero Vs Hero, with much more narrative involved, which to be published in manga, is literally a drag, i didn't enjoy read it, but for sure, i felt how my mind was working and my reading speed began to slow its pace.

Only for the weight that involves in taking the reader to it's world, thanks to the worldbuilding, my vote goes for Death note, even when it feels like it pushes you to like Light or L... and i liked Ryuk more than anyone xD

Status
Not open for further replies.