Voting Round 2 - One-Punch Man vs. Death Note | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 One-Punch Man vs. Death Note

Who wins?

• One-Punch Man

• Death Note

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't fault you guys for voting Death Note. It's a good series that does what it does differently that just about anybody had done it before. I give it all the credit in the world for that even if about midway through the logical structure began to break down a little. Even that, I think, was well within the acceptable limits of suspension of disbelief.

That all being said, as the nominator of One Punch-man it is my privilege and duty to remind everyone just how amazing and special One Punch-man is.

One of the most difficult parts of a parody is of course that, to be truly great, it must be a functional part of the genre it's poking fun at. For One Punch-man that's the superhero and battle manga genres. But how do you do that with a protagonist like Saitama? A character so completely overpowered that nothing can challenge him?

One Punch-man has solved that problem through the richness of it's supporting cast and it's willingness to concede a too often forgotten point in battle manga "strength isn't everything". Saitama's story is not a story of going from weak to strong, like so many such stories are. It's a story of a mild mannered hero learning to live as the strongest and finding a comfortable place in the world in which he lives. And the world around him learning to live with him too. Which is a story with real value and weight as well as a hilarious parody of over powered heroes everywhere.

Then of course there is it's incredible art style and quality. Something that makes every fight a feast for the eyes and it's characters a favorite option of fanartists everywhere. When it comes to creative perspectives and beautiful action sequences. One Punch man isn't just "good" it's the best there is.

So if you want to vote for something good, then go ahead and vote Death Note, but if you want to vote for the very best of the best...

Vote for One Punch-man!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now to to celebrate your wise and heroic decision to support the best manga around. Here's another helping of amazing fanart!

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It's been so long I have read death Note so I don't remember it in detail but I remember that it left be with a good impression and I loved the end.

I guess, I'm gonna go for OPM because it makes you in a good mood. But I'm afraid that the recent factor has a role here...

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Voting OPM because I prefer the genre & I think it's also a masterpiece for what it is.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am kinda curious as to what would happen if light wrote saitama's name on the note. Of course, the logical result would be saitama dying but since one punch man is sort of mockery of things in general I would love to see him shrugging off death. Or otherwise averting death by accident....

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I am kinda curious as to what would happen if light wrote saitama's name on the note. Of course, the logical result would be saitama dying but since one punch man is sort of mockery of things in general I would love to see him shrugging off death. Or otherwise averting death by accident....
You need to write the entire name :edu

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The logical result would be this...

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It would not work. He needs the last name too. Even us readers don't know Saitama's last name.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It would not work. He needs the last name too. Even us readers don't know Saitama's last name.
oh, right. So this would be the wacky misadventures of light trying to figure out saitama's name.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Light may figure it out though by manipulating Saitama.

Though if Saitama realises what is Light doing he may speed blitz Light before he can finish writing the name.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Light may figure it out though by manipulating Saitama.

Though if Saitama realises what is Light doing he may speed blitz Light before he can finish writing the name.
Nah, he would just knock the heat head off a giant monster with one blow while paying no attention to Light. Then it's 3 story tall headless body would crush Light while he's off in some dark corner rubbing his hands together and laughing maniacally and putting together an elaborate insidious plan that only about half makes sense.

Saitama would defeat Light without even realizing he did it.

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Death Note.

It's the series that transcended countries and cultures, and can be picked up by anyone. It's literally a classic.
I think OP is hilarious and clever, but it is more similar to Gintama - half the series is based on inside jokes with the manga reading community.

Status
Not open for further replies.