Voting Round 4 - One-Punch Man vs. One Piece | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 4 One-Punch Man vs. One Piece

Who wins?

• One-Punch Man

• One Piece

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Last part
(conclusion of One Piece)

So… after stating the positive and negative points, one can say for sure that One Piece isn’t flawless and it’s way far from perfection. However for all its achievements, its length and taken as a whole, Oda deserves to be respected imo. But I admit that this manga is certainly not one of the bests. From an objective point of view, there are many other mangas that surpass OP regarding the story, characters or artwork.
But its love for details, its foreshadowings, its innovative objects, its world building and the memories I share with it are the reasons why I’ll always choose it without hesitation. I guess, I belong to those people who will forever view it through rose-colored glasses, no matter how many mistakes or plot holes (though I doubt that Oda will let it come to the worst) it might have. : )

Last but not least I also want to thank @Organizized, @Jammin and @Aizen for their posts in this round! I was expecting a lot of salt against me and OP, but your opinions were comprehensible and it was a lot of fun for me to see your point of views about both mangas. After you showed me the charm of OPM, I wouldn’t even mind, if it wins this round. May the manga with the most votes win! xD

PS: Sigh, after I poured out my fangirl heart, I think I need to calm down for a little bit now… @_@

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
So… after stating the positive and negative points, one can say for sure that One Piece isn’t flawless and it’s way far from perfection.
I'm sorry, but Katakuri is flawless and perfect.

Only one with such qualities is able to say something like:

"Not everyone dies because they want to die, most of them die against their will"

When you read or see this phrase, the normal way of thinking is "duh, obvious crap, when this became a self-help manga, do i ask?" but that's precisely the difference, because you see it like this:

The man that has never get laid once in his life, that was standing in fetus waiting to make an entrance, the man was adult already even in fetus!!!!!
Garou just loves the ground and walls, and Saitama loses everytime when he faces King, and everytime you see with him, he's losing in talk and videogame fights, Katakuri knows only victory, he's different, he's humble, he's a familyman, he's a superhuman!! Everytime Franky spouts SUUUUPEEER, he's secretly thinking in Katakuri...

When you see him spouting crap, like that phrase above, you still think he's badass, despite being nonsense, and yet he praises his rival to think that he will meet his demise, but no... oh no... you're wrong! Katakuri is just the kind of man that even when you see him losing, he's winning, because he doesn't go thinking in victory or defeat, he only thinks what's better for Mama :worship

That's the difference... got to rest my fangirl side.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Went with One Piece too. Sorry Jammin and Squard Aizen ; )

On Katakuri vs Garou - Starch takes that by so much right now. But I am told Garou has greatness in the webcomic so I am looking forward to him!

Any more comparisons?

Was thinking King vs Buggy. I'd take King as the comedic relief character, he's one of the best!

Zoro or Mihawk over Atomic Samurai.. e-z.
And I have Fubuki's hotness just above Hancock's

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Insane campaigning in this thread, Im impressed everything was presented with healthy salt, good. :zomg

One Piece's supporters did a great job at presenting the manga with its good points and flaws, props to them :thumbs but I kind of enjoy more OPM for its refreshing set up and storytelling, I also promised @Jammin that I would vote for it this round and I will keep my word.

May the the best win though, both deserve it. :blush

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Went with One Piece too. Sorry Jammin and Squard Aizen ; )

On Katakuri vs Garou - Starch takes that by so much right now. But I am told Garou has greatness in the webcomic so I am looking forward to him!

Any more comparisons?

Was thinking King vs Buggy. I'd take King as the comedic relief character, he's one of the best!

Zoro or Mihawk over Atomic Samurai.. e-z.
And I have Fubuki's hotness just above Hancock's
I am not sure whether I should take this as a shot or not....:hmm:XD
Also, Katakuri got nothing on my man Garou. :hip

Status
Not open for further replies.