Art - OP Covers Thread (Latest Volume Cover: #102) | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You guys know this isn't the actual cover but just a process video, right? We get a lot of these for both volume covers and colourspreads. Heck, there's not even there proper One Piece logo on there.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Finally we can say fuck purple.

Was always annoyed how flashy the anime made Zoro.

This is how it looks like in Oda's artstyle: It's decent and it is green!

Interesting that Ifrit Jambe is light blue? Aladdin?

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Dayum, Ifrit Jambe looks fine as hell I must say

Australopithecus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Zoro's flames on his swords matche his King of Hell epithet and the whole Enma theme (as king of the underworld). Amazing stuff!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Because of the last interview I can't not see Hybrid Kaidou as Tom now. Especially with these colors :neutral.

Fallou

Reaction score
Country
France

source: one piece reddit/twitter
Thanks for posting guys.
This is one ugly ass cover though!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because of the last interview I can't not see Hybrid Kaidou as Tom now. Especially with these colors :neutral.
I really don’t like this color theme either…

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kaido, Big Mom, Kid, and Law should've framed Luffy in the corners or the cover should've just been Luffy and the moon.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The purple is nice. 🤓

Mopopolis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boy do I hate Kaidos face on that cover, make him look angry or something else

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cover would be more striking had it just been Luffy and Kaido against the backdrop of the full moon. But it's still definitely a decent cover.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone still thinks everything is alright with Nika....

This cover will likely not make it to Germany.

Oda said he he doesn't like men wearing white. There's also the Road To Laugh Tale that gives you the creeps.

This is not Luffy. Only after Kaido said Haki is everything, Luffy gets back in charge, as indicated by him using Haki only then

I mean Ni(ppon) Ka(igi), what is this?

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Oda said he he doesn't like men wearing white. There's also the Road To Laugh Tale that gives you the creeps.
When did he say this? The man literally has CP0 wearing all white, Sanji dressed in all white in WCI? My man where are you getting this information from?

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
When did he say this? The man literally has CP0 wearing all white, Sanji dressed in all white in WCI? My man where are you getting this information from?
I have sourced the interview quite a couple of times, let me check my post history, wait a minute...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Eh voilá, google was quicker:

The page is in German, "Pirate Board" is the German Arlong Park. But the interview is in english so everyone can read it. The posts are numbered and it is post 116, so you don't have to search through a german page.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oda's long interview was revealed in a TV show today.

- Oda says ONE PIECE is about 70% done. (He said in another recent interview that ONE PIECE was 65% done, though...)

- When Oda held a Takoyaki party in his house, he was reported to police by his neighbors.

- Oda says he doesn't need diversion since he has to submit manga anyway before the deadline.

- The new setting notebook about ONE PIECE is produced almost every 3 weeks.

Here are another trivias revealed in ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol.2. and Kinema Junpou 2016 summer edition

- Oda decided to work with ONE PIECE Film because it was a good opportunity to increase his audience in manga.
The series is more than 80 volumes, so he thinks it might be difficult for some people to start reading ONE PIECE.
Oda also says that if he should realize in the future that ONE PIECE Film doesn't play an important role to increase his audience in manga, he would not work with films anymore.

- According to the former anime producer, when ONE PIECE anime was relegated to a morning TV show, Oda complained a bit, "I've already made much effort, though..."

- About this week's (Chapter 833) color spread, Oda predicted last December that he would like to draw Straw Hats watching fireworks since he was impressed at the fireworks in one of his favorite mangas "Your Lie in April".

source: TV show in December 2015 ("一流が嫉妬したスゴイ人")

According to Volume 777 written by Oda,

- Spandine's political power is weakening due to his disease. Spandam intends to cure him so that Spandam can surpass Lucci.

- Vice Admiral Chaton and Fujitora are friends. Chaton is popular among citizens despite him not being popular in Marine.
He loves beautiful women. His real name is Tokikake.

- Tsuru treats Vice Admiral Momousagi as if she is Tsuru's little sister. Momousagi can seduce various kinds of pirates.
Her famous sword is called Konpira (金毘羅). She has a spider tattoo on her thigh. Her real name is Gion.

- The average height of Giants is 12-13 meters. Oars in Thriller Bark is about 3 times higher than normal Giants.

- Oda writes the conversation between Sabo and Lucci:

Sabo: Bye, Bob!
Lucci: I'm Rob.

According to the pamphlet of Film Gold and the official guidebook "Backstage Pass":

- There are sexy scenes in Film Gold, but Oda recently pays attention to his target audience's mothers since he thinks it is mainly mothers who bother to take their kids to theaters.
Oda is worried that sexy scenes might make bad impressions on their mothers.

- Oda doesn't like men wearing white outfits.

- Question: What would you do if you had vast amount of money?
Oda: I already have it, so...

- Oda doesn't want his characters to appear in film before manga. For example, Aokiji after time skip made an appearance in the film before manga.
Oda is disappointed with those situations since he thinks he could have surprised his audience if he let him appear in manga before the film.
Or I can just post it here. Source is Sandman, so very reliable.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Btw, post #102 is the famous desk screenshot with the Kaido/King/Queen/Jack sketchbooks. Meaning this all happened with Wano Arc mostly planned through.