Shoujo - Orange by TAKANO Ichigo | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

Looks interesting, hopefully some group will pick it up. I still wonder why she suddenly dropped Orange without giving any reason why she did so. Some internal conflict with the publisher? I can't think of much else, considering how she's starting a new series not long after.

windy van

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

^^^^^^ Yes, it's her new series..
It's fantasy though...

I tried her previous complete serie Dreaming Sun but did not really fell into it like I did for Orange. After a few chapters the main character annoyed me and I lost interest.
Yeah, it's the same for me..
Orange is definitely her masterpiece..
I wonder if she is satistified with Orange being hiatus?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

@windy van: You're not alone. The story is sad but I didn't cry either. But I did feel the sad and hurt feelings. :)

I'm not very happy to know she has new series because she leaves Orange hanging open at the other side. I guess I'll still check it out if someone scans it, but I have high hopes for Orange too. Let's hope for the best.

windy van

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

@phio_chan: Waahh, I thought I'm the only one who didn't cry..

Yes, she promised to finished Orange before, and considering how many fans asking for continuation of Orange, I hope she will fulfill our request..
Even if it's not in the near future, i'll be waiting.. :)

---------- Post added July 12, 2013 at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was July 10, 2013 at 04:03 AM ----------

Hey, let's share your opinions..
I don't feel too sad when reading Orange because honestly, I roots for Suwa.. :)
He is really sweet and kind, puts everyone before him, so I feel happy for him and Nao, that they could be together in the future..
What makes Nao and others regreted it so much? Coz Kakeru's death was happened about ten years ago, yet they couldn't get over it. It's not really their fault after all, they didn't know about Kakeru's Mom, they didn't know what Kakeru was thinking about. And I can't get why the future Nao and Suwa decided to change the future to save Kakeru, they're already married, have that cute child. Their decisions to save Kakeru will results in their child inexistense. Didn't they consider this fact? I wonder..
But, yes.. When you loved your friend so much, you will try everything to save them from death. But for me, Kakeru's death itself is one fate that they should face..
People dying, what they tried to do will absolutely change someone's life. They should feel responsible for it. If Kakeru's being alive will results in his happiness then that's good. But if it makes his burden larger, it will make him suffer for more..
Gosh, did it sound too harsh? Sorry, coz I felt so complicated when I read Orange. Yes, I wants them to have a happy ending for all, including Kakeru. His death makes me sad too..
The only thing that I could accept is if there are parralel universe possibilities as people saying, or the fact that Kakeru didn't die and dating Nao will not change Nao and Suwa marriage. I mean they(Nao and Kakeru) could be dating, but then break up and Nao still marry Suwa..

What about you? Did you think differently?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

And I can't get why the future Nao and Suwa decided to change the future to save Kakeru, they're already married, have that cute child. Their decisions to save Kakeru will results in their child inexistense. Didn't they consider this fact? I wonder..
If I remember correctly, they didn't send a letter to their past selves in the same timeline. Instead they sent it to their past selves in another world, which probably has a result differently than in their world. I think they perfectly realized that they couldn't ruin their current life by changing the past, that's why they sent it to other parallel world, hoping that Kakeru could live at least in that world.

But, yes.. When you loved your friend so much, you will try everything to save them from death. But for me, Kakeru's death itself is one fate that they should face..
People dying, what they tried to do will absolutely change someone's life. They should feel responsible for it. If Kakeru's being alive will results in his happiness then that's good. But if it makes his burden larger, it will make him suffer for more..
Gosh, did it sound too harsh? Sorry, coz I felt so complicated when I read Orange. Yes, I wants them to have a happy ending for all, including Kakeru. His death makes me sad too..
The only thing that I could accept is if there are parralel universe possibilities as people saying, or the fact that Kakeru didn't die and dating Nao will not change Nao and Suwa marriage. I mean they(Nao and Kakeru) could be dating, but then break up and Nao still marry Suwa..
That's true, and I'm positive they didn't want to make Kakeru go on living while still bringing all the guilt. That's why they sent a very detailed letter to their past selves to help Kakeru moving on from the guilt.

What I said earlier in this thread was that I believe that we can't really stop death. Delayed maybe, but what's dead usually must stay dead, otherwise the price will be someone else's life. So I'm not yet sure of a happy ending between Nao and Kakeru.

Which is why we need this series to be continued.... Takano Ichigo, pretty please. :mono

windy van

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

If I remember correctly, they didn't send a letter to their past selves in the same timeline. Instead they sent it to their past selves in another world, which probably has a result differently than in their world. I think they perfectly realized that they couldn't ruin their current life by changing the past, that's why they sent it to other parallel world, hoping that Kakeru could live at least in that world.
Oh, is that so? I couldn't find where they stated it.
Maybe I have to reread it again. haha.. :)
If it's like that then the parallel world theory should be right. I hope it's like that. That's better than they wanted to change their current life in their timeline..

What I said earlier in this thread was that I believe that we can't really stop death. Delayed maybe, but what's dead usually must stay dead, otherwise the price will be someone else's life. So I'm not yet sure of a happy ending between Nao and Kakeru.

Which is why we need this series to be continued.... Takano Ichigo, pretty please. :mono
Oww, I'm so agree with you. They shouldn't interfered with someone's life and death in the first place. Yes, I think there's price for that too, at least that's what I believe in real life..

And your last sentence is what I agree the most.. lol
Takano Ichigo, you should keep your promise for continuing this one for us.. ;)

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Orange is coming back! :zomg It will resume in another magazine according to this news, but there's no fixed date yet. Still awesome news, I really feared this would never get resumed, now it's only a matter of time :wtf

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Orange is coming back! :zomg It will resume in another magazine according to this news, but there's no fixed date yet. Still awesome news, I really feared this would never get resumed, now it's only a matter of time :wtf
oh my, so they only move its publisher? yes, I've been waiting for this moment for too long.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

oh my, so they only move its publisher? yes, I've been waiting for this moment for too long.
It's also switching demographic.

---------- Post added October 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

There is a date. It will be out on October 25, in the December issue of Monthly Action. The cover and color pages were included in the link you provided:

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Isn't that just the mangaka's new work "Re:Collection"?

According to Heiji the first new Orange chapter will be released next February.

.In fact, in Gekkan Action december issue (25/10) will have 1st chapter or Re:Collection, the new serie of author. In february issue (25/12) will have a book with chapter 9 of orange (published in Betsuma). And finaly, Orange chapter 10 will be publishing in april issue (25/02). After that serie will be publishing irregular.
Still a long way to go =/ Though I will definitely check out the new work and then look forward to the continuation of Orange. Not really pleased with the fact that it's getting released irregularly but it's definitely better than just stopping the series here.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
volumes 1 and 2 of Orange with the new editor have been released. The cover can be found on the twitter of manganewsjapon and probably in this site volume cover thread.

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Chapter 10 is available to read on Crunchyroll.

Beautiful color pages and Suwa is such a good friend :crying

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Chapter 11 is available on Crunchyroll! :zomg

I really like how this chapter delved into the whole issue of the future changing and the contents of the letters not being as relevant as they used to be. Suwa and Naho used to depend on the letters like a crutch, doing as they said (or trying to), beating themselves over not doing as the letter said... It will be interesting to see what actions they take now, when they have the end goal in mind but not the step-by-step guidance the letters used to provide.

It was a pretty big revelation that Suwa was also receiving letters a few chapters ago... But now the other two girls are acting a little strange as well. Makes me wonder if they have been receiving letters as well. Somehow I hope not, it would make it seem less special for Naho and Suwa... :/

On a side note, I must say I really love this series. I'm so glad it's back from its hiatus and still going strong! I just hope Takano-sensei actually means to keep it going, when she first returned from the hiatus I had suspicions that she would just hurry the story to its ending to appease the fans, then go on and concentrate on her new series Re:Collection (which I'm enjoying quite a lot too).

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yeah this is a good one, glad to be working on it.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It was a pretty big revelation that Suwa was also receiving letters a few chapters ago... But now the other two girls are acting a little strange as well. Makes me wonder if they have been receiving letters as well. Somehow I hope not, it would make it seem less special for Naho and Suwa... :/
I think the other two girls probably found something from Suwa, as they cornered him that day. Probably Suwa explained the situation to them a bit and somehow came up with a plan to support Kakeru instead of following the letter as careful as they did previously.

I guess I am kind of... nervous. Kakeru seems so fragile inside, and sometimes the act of overprotection can cause other kind of troubles to this kind of person. Naho and Suwa had thought of that too, and so they tried to "modify" their actions to accommodate the letters but doing it somehow differently. It's very interesting. My heart goes to Suwa and his situation, even worse for the other Suwa who had to send a letter to his copy telling him to forget his feelings for Naho.

About Naho's lines that her actions might change the future so much that the letters could also be changed. It's been such a long time that I forget, but they are independently in different world, right? So Naho#2's actions cannot change the fact that Kakeru#1 died. So they are trying to save Kakeru#2. I guess the characters in world#2 do not know this yet?

theruleofflaw

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This looks interesting but since the last update is almost 2 years ago it will be such a big cliffhanger if I start reading it now :(

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some info regarding the long hiatus and her switching Publishers from Shueisha (Betsuma Magazine) to Futabasha (Gekkan Action Magazine):

It’s in her blog(the blog was deleted since mid-September) that Takano Ichigo has announced she would stop being mangaka after the end of Orange. She doesn’t explain everything, but one of the reasons is she has difficulty with the deadlines. And when she gives the manuscript late, it causes a lot of problems to her superiors. And when that happens, she says it’s hard and she feels bad. This decision was announced in September 2012, but went unnoticed
EDIT (Translation) : Takano Ichigo says she had been in bad physical condition and even had to be hospitalized. During all this time, the Gekkan Action editorial team had been really supportive and she wants to return the favour by drawing Re Collection. She isn’t fully recovered yet, so the serialization may be irregular. About orange, she definitely wants to finish the story, but doesn’t know when will be able to do it.
Gekkan Action is not meant to be wholly seinen, but promotes a variety of genre so that anyone can read the magazine instead of just a single audience target. Takano Ichigo—well-known for her shoujos—is used to convey this message. However, it is still unclear about what Re Collection is about since it’s not out yet. Furthermore, the editorial department consists of 4 female workers, age ranging between early 20s to early 30s. The one in charge of Re Collection is 29 years old.

But then, why would the company take Takano Ichigo, a mangaka known notoriously for incomplete works?

Or, why would Takano Ichigo even take the offer?

Here’s what I suspect.

Noting that Gekkan Action contains various and multiple stories. It is not limited to only 20 or so stories, but contains enough to release different stories each month. Which means that Gekkan Action doesn’t have to depend on completed chapters of Re Collection monthly.

That would also mean that in this kind of system, Takano Ichigo doesn’t have the pressure and obligation to finish her chapters monthly. There is probably more flexibilities on her schedule.
Basically in Gekkan Action she has the opportunity to release the chapter once she she is done and does not have to struggle with meeting deadlines, something she had huge problems with in the past. As for the reasons, it does look like she has/had health problems, maybe combined with being a rather slow worker. Considering how harsh the business is, I'm glad she found a publisher who gives her the freedom she needs, thus allowing her to finish her work without any pressure.

Takano Ichigo also said that Orange will end this year, but she does not know when exactly.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Also really glad that the manga continues to be as strong as it used to be :wtf So glad Kakura and Naho are a pairing now, yet kinda sad for Suwa, he really is a nice guy D: Still not sure if they really saved Kakeru from commiting suicide in the future but now that the whole group is in this together things are looking good. I just wish Kakeru and Naho would stop thinking so much and start caring about themselves more, it's okay to date each other even if you potentially hurt others :s

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
New chapter was great and yet so sad... ;___; I actually shed a tear after reading the last part again, his depression was depicted so realistically that I was deeply moved. I never really thought much about how depressed people feel, even more so what gives them suicidal thoughts, but after this chapter I feel like I understand it a lot better.
Now I really hope that Kakeru finds happiness in the new alternate timeline, damn :crying