Voting Round 3 - Oscar François de Jarjayes vs. Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Oscar François de Jarjayes vs. Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN

Who wins?

• Oscar François de Jarjayes

• Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Oscar François de Jarjayes
The Rose of Versailles
-
Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN
Sword Art Online Alternative:
Gun Gale Online

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Once more my brothers and sisters the battle lines are drawn. On which side will you stand?

On one side the perfect fusion of tall beauty and moe cuteness on the other the poster child of androgyny. Our opponent is unquestionably a nuanced character with equal depth to LLENN herself. With a few crucial differences. LLENN is fun. LLENN is cute. LLENN is badass. Our opponent is none of those things. Stand with me on the side of moe! For Victory. For Justice! For P-Chan!

Some of LLENN's appeal speaks for itself. Cuteness? Obviously. But "fun" may be a little less clear to those not familiar with GGO Alt. Karen Kohiruimaki aka LLENN started playing GGO because it was the only game that randomly generated a character she thought was cute. However she kept playing because she found she loved it. When the fight is at it's worst she is at her best because she enjoys every moment of it.

This sense of adorable, yet maniacal, glee makes LLENN one of the most fun girls around. Because, the more tense the situation gets, the more she can't help but smile. And she'll make you smile just by watching her.

"Badass" is another thing that the GGO Alt uninitiated probably can't fully grasp. Despite being objectively the most adorable looking gunfighter ever, LLENN is without a doubt a master of her domain. As an elite PVP player dubbed "The Pink Devil". Her blend of clever tactics and joyous high speed fighting style makes for one of the most entertaining fighters you'll ever see. Kirito wouldn't last 15 seconds in a match with her.

Do you want cuteness? Vote LLENN!
Do you want fun? Vote LLENN!
Do you want badassey? Vote LLENN!

Vote for the best! Vote LLENN Today!!

Last edited:

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
It's time ladies and gentlemens to start the revolution and make it possible that a none popular character can beat a popular one.
It's time to start the battle for who's the glorious waifu that you will need.

summary
Oscar was born a girl into noble family serving thr royal family, her father desperately wanted a boy, after six daughters, he gave up even wandered if his house is cursed but then he had the idea of making her live the life of a man and so her story begins.

It's true that oscar lived most of her life as a man BUT that doesn't take away anything for her femininity as despite living the life as a man, she's as caring and sweet when it come to love.

Struggle
For the longest time she hated herself being born a female, as in ocations she get laughed at for being a female that lead the royal guards but most of the time it doesn't get to her, but that's not the only reason, there more but I want you to check the manga and see why she hated not being born a man as there's some serious topic like lesbians and others.
We watch her slowing but surely embracing that she was a woman releasing the fact that it was thanks to it that she could be with her lover.
Btw this is only about the manga as the anime made it the opposite she long to being a woman and acting as one at the start of the serie.
And other struggle is love ofc.

Talents
Oscar is strong woman in a lot of aspect, she is a great leader and a great fighter in sword even guns, she a talented rider but the trait that I like the most is that she's a great pianist but also violinist, she a master at latin.

Relationship
She is a great friend, that won't hesitate to help you but also show you the right path when you're going down hill.
She won't hesitate to call you out of you did something wrong no matter your rang and especially if you're a dear friend to her.
Her love relationship is complex that I prefer doing an other full post about it when I collect my thoughts so be patient as that's where she shine.

Also know that this isn't my first campaign, if you didn't read the other one here.

Here my first campaign

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Once more my brothers and sisters the battle lines are drawn. On which side will you stand?

On one side the perfect fusion of tall beauty and moe cuteness on the other the poster child of androgyny.
Wow, savage :lmao.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I didn't know that the manga was different compared to the anime. I might read it one day...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I didn't know that the manga was different compared to the anime. I might read it one day...
Yea it have some different right and left, it also go way deeper in oscar relationship at the end that the anime didn't adapt, but also at the start it's way faster than the anime that start slow kinda boring to get into action, while the manga feels just what necessary.
There was something that I liked about the anime more and some the manga more.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Oh wow.. is that Lady Oscar? didn't think any youngster would recognize her here! I remember watching a few random episodes on TV as a dumb kid and not getting the appeal, but my mother likes the anime and the character so it has to be good! (Just last year, we talked about it and other old anime like Heidi: Girl of the Alps, Bosco Adventure, and Hansel and Gretel.)

I'm voting Oscar on your behalf, mom!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
:grumble This one is kind of hard.
Is it though? Is it really?

I mean, all respect to a very layered character but look at that character design. To me she looks like the unholy offspring of Char Aznable and Griffith from Berserk. Granted shoujo style isn't my thing. Especially not stuff that's so old it was likely originally drawn on stone tablets. Still if we're talking influential characters in the medium of manga I feel like Oscar's got a pretty good argument.

But we're talkin' waifus. And would you put a ring on that?

To me Oscar lands solidly in the friend zone.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well yea I have to admit that LLENN or karen is a great fun character BUT I do not consider her as a great waifu material unlike Oscar who pretty much shown a lot of waifu trait ( that I did some in my first campaign so check it out )

As I said before I will go in detail about her relationship with .... SPOILERS.
To me Oscar lands solidly in the friend zone.
LoL that's what I consider LLENN too, she's competitive, fun but form the anime I still didn't see her waifu traits.
She's more of a really great friend, especially when it came to gaming.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well yea I have to admit that LLENN or karen is a great fun character BUT I do not consider her as a great waifu material unlike Oscar who pretty much shown a lot of waifu trait ( that I did some in my first campaign so check it out )

As I said before I will go in detail about her relationship with .... SPOILERS.

LoL that's what I consider LLENN too, she's competitive, fun but form the anime I still didn't see her waifu traits.
She's more of a really great friend.
Myself and loli's around the world disagree with you.

LLENN is the ideal modern gamer girlfriend. As long as you don't mind that she would be way better than us at everything.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Myself and loli's around the world disagree with you.

LLENN is the ideal modern gamer girlfriend. As long as you don't mind that she would be way better than us at everything.
Oh wait a second we're going to that territory, I got you covered :yoda

Too bad at the time lesbian wasn't allowed or we could have had more.
but don't worry andre got you covered for the kiss scene.

In the manga there's more than just a simple kiss :derp
But I need to look for it in the chapters so too bad read the manga if you're interested.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

But I need to look for it in the chapters so too bad read the manga if you're interested.
That artwork...

It's times like these that really make you see how far manga has come.
How are that hitboxes size balanced :grumble
If the next arc of GGO Alt was the "Nerf Lolis" arc I would not object. After all there is one clearly OP loli avatar in FGO alt

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
That artwork...

It's times like these that really make you see how far manga has come.
It's an old one, also this is about oscar not the manga.

And I think the artwork is perfectly fine.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's an old one, also this is about oscar not the manga.

And I think the artwork is perfectly fine.
The character is design and artwork is part of it. And if that look is your thing who am I to tell you not to love it? It's not mine though, definitely not.

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I think oscar character design is great as even hee clothes have meaning, it's represent france.

Chibi version

And this isn't a fanart, it's the art if the mangaka just colored by someone else.

This one is all original.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think oscar character design is great as even hee clothes have meaning, it's represent france.

Chibi version

And this isn't a fanart, it's the art if the mangaka just colored by someone else.

This one is all original.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about alright...

It's just so crude and tacky. Which is a product of it's time, I guess, but in my eyes it has not aged well. It's a design from the 1970s and it really looks like it. A lot things from the 70s are like that.
LLENN meanwhile has two designs and both I think are great.

Her true form as Karen is a subdued expression of a beautiful yet not over the top gamer girl. It tells you a great deal about her without being in your face about it. She's dresses in a plain way because she doesn't want attention. She's attractive but clearly putting no effort into making herself look that way.

While her LLENN form is a display of her desire to look cute but her outfit is highly practical. As LLENN she very much cares about how she looks. So her goal may be maximum cuteness but at the same time splitting that focus with practicality because she doesn't just want to be cute she also wants to win.

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I have a problem with Oscar being depicted in fan art as the “woman” in the relation with Andre. I see the two being gender equals in the relationship. Oscar many times has identified as a man. The only time Oscar dressed feminine was to impress Ferend or whatever his name is but that was a turning point in gender identity that Oscar could never be feminine like Marie Antoinette. Oscar has great characteristics for a biological female but to be doesn’t scream waifu based on gender identity.

That’s just my rant :notrust

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I have a problem with Oscar being depicted in fan art as the “woman” in the relation with Andre. I see the two being gender equals in the relationship. Oscar many times has identified as a man. The only time Oscar dressed feminine was to impress Ferend or whatever his name is but that was a turning point in gender identity that Oscar could never be feminine like Marie Antoinette. Oscar has great characteristics for a biological female but to be doesn’t scream waifu based on gender identity.

That’s just my rant :notrust
Yea true she never really dressed feminine as she never wanted to, the only time lile you said was to ( well not exactly impress ) try and move on, om her crush on him as she knew he loved her queen.
But despite not dressing feminine she's really feminine on the inside, shown form her personality and act.
Oscar never cared about her look as a matter of fact she never once weared make up. ( but she cared about her hair lol )

but let's be honest if their survived the battle and got married oscar could definitely dressed feminine.
Also the mangaka have some cover that have oscar wear some feminine ( but not dresses ) clothes.
Also most fanart are showing her in her military clothes especially with andre.

Status
Not open for further replies.