Voting Round 3 - Oscar François de Jarjayes vs. Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Oscar François de Jarjayes vs. Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN

Who wins?

• Oscar François de Jarjayes

• Karen Kohiruimaki / LLENN

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yea true she never really dressed feminine as she never wanted to, the only time lile you said was to ( well not exactly impress ) try and move on, om her crush on him as she knew he loved her queen.
But despite not dressing feminine she's really feminine on the inside, shown form her personality and act.
Oscar never cared about her look as a matter of fact she never once weared make up. ( but she cared about her hair lol )

but let's be honest if their survived the battle and got married oscar could definitely dressed feminine.
Also the mangaka have some cover that have oscar wear some feminine ( but not dresses ) clothes.
Also most fanart are showing her in her military clothes especially with andre.
I don’t think so. Oscar is the type to work and loves the military, even if the monarchy was not in power. Being a housewife was not something Oscar could live.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I don’t think so. Oscar is the type to work and loves the military, even if the monarchy was not in power. Being a housewife was not something Oscar could live.
why are you putting her housewife, and she never needed to be one as their was best granny and the servant.
I'm talking about waifu who support you and always stay by your side and will help you no matter what,showing you the right direction...also the relationship..I never once put her as a housewife.
Waifu doesn't mean housewife.....

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
why are you putting her housewife, and she never needed to be one as their was best granny and the servant.
I'm talking about waifu who support you and always stay by your side and will help you no matter what,showing you the right direction...also the relationship..I never once put her as a housewife.
Waifu doesn't mean housewife.....
I meant your spoiler bit....
If Oscar dressed feminine after the war that's like being a housewife because that would mean accepting being a woman at that time period. That's what the series played with and represents the 70s to which the seies was written — being a woman meant having children and taking care of the house either a housewife or chatelaine.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
*sits on the sidelines happy he didn't have to write his own hit piece on Oscar*:popcorn

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Both campaigns are impressive, and I know neither character.

I voted LLENN, she seems awesome.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Karen has to be the cutest thing ever. I'd only see Battou tapping Oscar; I don't want to be in a relationship where my "girlfriend" is the man. :kappa

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Oscar François de Jarjayes. Gets my vote

she look badass

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree with Jammin but still love reading him xDDDDD those comments on Oscar LOL
LLENN and I are here to amuse and entertain. And for the low low price of one vote we can continue to do so. Save a waifu. Please donate your unused votes to the Kohiruimaki Karen foundation today.

--------------------------------------------------------​

Not that my opponent isn't entertaining in her own way. I mean, just look at that hair. And those clothes. And that...everything.

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Did I mention that oscar is a pure troll at time
:derp

I'll do an other campaign about her today in the night or tomorrow as I don't have time now to make a good one .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's the time that I came back fully explaining oscar character and the meaning of the relationship with the symbolism.
So sit back and bring a cup of tea also admire this fanart.

Now I'm warning spoilers as I'm going full into her character.

To understand oscar character to the full you need to understand that the theme of love of oscar and andrew in Versailles no bara represent the lost of ones emotions as the events that lead up to finally them becoming a couple is followed by some major lost of control over their emotions.

At first in one of the arcs, it made it clear that oscar was the complete opposite as andre, as she was the hot-headed one while andre was the cool reserved one.
One scene that set up their difference is in a mission when basically oscar and andre had to capture a thief, near his capture the thief hit andre in his eye with a whip blinding him forever in one if his eyes, because of this oscar at that moment was really rash, and acted fully on emotions wanted to do the same of what he did to andre eye for blinding it forever, before andre stop herthe even though he could have gotten revenge, oscar obviously stopped but she still blamed herself for andre lost eye.
What I like about this scene is that it shows that oscar was never prefect and she won't be as she will always need someone to talk sense in her when her emotions take over, but also showns how much oscar cares for andre.

Ofc andre had his share of losing control over his emotion, but I prefer I don't talk about it as it's not about him but oscar, and also it's rather dark and disturbing...but I'm going to say this, the reason for that moment was to show how insatiable andre was unlike with oscar where it was her slowly realisation that she loved him.

After that the next theme was the theme of equality as Oscar was basically a noble but andre was a servant even with all that, both of them slowly start seeing each other as equal.

One of the most important development for oscar was the realisation of how badly the country lived worst than she imagine when she changed position to a captain of the french guard that consist of normal people and basically the way of live of 99% of her population as she saw how much they suffered.

Their relationship changed so much throughout the story, form just simple friend that had a childhood together and being master and servant to andre depression of not being able with being with oscar because of their rank to finally equality between the both.

At eighteen or nineteen ( forgot ), Oscar threw away all reservation and begged Louis XV to take her life instead of Andre’s, but at the time she saw it as it's just her job as his master.
Years later, Andre finally repays her by saving her from her father’s sword, but this time, it is as her lover and her equal.

This words that in the manga ( Dunno anime forgot ) captivated ocar and that being Liberty, equality, and fraternity and that represent well oscar and andre relationship but also it's three principal of the revolution it self.

Btw oscar and andre were described as light and shadow or two twins stars that are fated to together.

btw oscar finally dying words were Vive La France.

Hope I made you understand oscar character and also what the author message was, and I could appreciate a lot if you vote for oscar as she really deserve it for all the character development and how human she was.

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Okay, Asako-chan, you've convinced me. I'm gonna vote for your waifu :^_^

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok Asako, you convinced me. Voted for Female Griffith :lambirb

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Lambu I should have known you'd betray me.

But I guess you have to follow your heart. If your heart tells you to love someone with the same fashion sense as the lead singer of The Darkness. I guess, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, you may find this useful...

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, now I have "I believe in the thing called love" stuck in my head again and it's all your fault.:arf

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would apologize Farf but my mind is having trouble processing anywords other than..

"I believe in the thing called LOOOOooooOOOOOVVVE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.