Seinen - "Oshi no Ko" by Akasaka, Aka and Yokoyari, Mengo | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen "Oshi no Ko" by Akasaka, Aka and Yokoyari, Mengo

Favorite Volume Covers (Pick 3)

• Vol. 1

• Vol. 2

• Vol. 3

• Vol. 4

• Vol. 5

• Vol. 6

• Vol. 7

• Vol. 8

• Vol. 9

• Vol. 10

• Vol. 11

• Vol. 12

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Finally read the chapter, can post on here again after a few busy weeks :comfort

This chapter made me realize this arc is basically a rehash of Akane's intro arc:

-Online negativity surrounding a newly introduced character
-Hoshino sibling appears to save the day.

The assistant director is definitely falling for Ruby after this. Let's see how well Aqua takes that.:Haha

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter made me realize this arc is basically a rehash of Akane's intro arc:

-Online negativity surrounding a newly introduced character
-Hoshino sibling appears to save the day.
I feel the point of the similarities is to compare Ruby and Aqua's approaches/methods.

Also, I've reread the confrontation with the director and Yoshizumi on what makes great TV. Although not as chilling as the attack on Akane's, still pretty profound and meta. Both of these cases are seen rl, and glad to see it depicted.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Hermit @Gajeel
2 week break, but I have great news. A special chapter released, and it more than makes up for the void. Seriously, I can't stop smiling, this made my week. :D I hope we get more of these.

Gajeel, warning it contains big Kaguya-sama spoilers. Now this probably encouraged you to open the link moreso :heh, but still had to let you know

Special Chapter 90.1

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
2 week break, but I have great news. A special chapter released, and it more than makes up for the void. Seriously, I can't stop smiling, this made my week. :D I hope we get more of these.
Lol you tagged me just as I had finished reading this actually.

Very nice Kaguya cameo :amuse

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
When the ONK anime is out :XD
Yeah true, I actually just thought that lol. Would make more sense and better for campaigning.

Interesting, 2 straight special illustrations, thought we'd get the volume cover this week.

I'm losing hope on an Anemone illustration😅.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ruby has all the pieces on the board, the plan of using the show is good so far. And Kana in action!

I don't know what Kaburagi's goal is. But, the man now has Aqua, Kana, Ruby, and Melt in some type of give and take relationship. Simple talent recognition, or something more sinister?

Chap 92

Aka taking shots at doujins lol.

Surprisingly wholesome resolution. I like that there ended up being a lot more to the director, than just simple asshole.

Also, all according the Keikaku. I'm pleased we went this direction with Ruby, as when ero-cosplay was first mentioned( chap ~86), my initial thought was Aqua intervening, but it's great Ruby got to prove herself. And that last page is hype!

@Gajeel

Don't think I'll see another "Who's Ruby" joke again lol. The convo was really good and @Hermit as we talked last month, the similar situations used to put the twin's methods up against each other, their psyche, what they're willing to do for revenge.

Also, the guy with Ai in the photo, same guy the crow god mentioned to Ruby?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's Ruby's world, and we're just living in it. Aqua and Saito convo is bound to be juicy.

New chapter is out:

Felt a bit bad for Mem :(
Page 3 with them covered by the text box and the comment section hurt. And then Mama Miyako's condition, damn.

Lastly, it's a sad day seeing the announcement from Ai's fanclub. As I said before, they really enhance the reading experience and will be missed.

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Expected the volume cover by now. Aka and Mengo going to the deadline for both covers.

Chap 95 looks like Wednesday will be release day.

So, um, PAIN. Final scene has me teary-eyed.

Before that, have to say Aqua's mental tug of war there was greatly portrayed.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Minami cover is so vibrant, love it.

We got the name drop. After chap. 79, I thought about Himekawa's mom and a minor and now it's confirmed. We did get a glimpse with what happened to Melt as a freshman, but this is way more extreme.

The interesting thing is the dark star eyes come originally from the father. I wonder what his revenge goal is, maybe started from Himekawa's mom being a predator.

Also, we need more from Himekawa now, as he was shown interested in the Lala Lai Director's story and is using his mother's surname. There's also Goro's nurse who saw the culprits when Goro died.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap 97

*Inhales Copium*
Akane is not dead! 🙏

Very impressive visual, avi worthy. Major props to the character designer. Ai's va is Rie Takahashi(Emilia, Megumin). Also, 90 min for episode 1 :zomg, things are looking good.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
*Inhales Copium*
Akane is not dead! 🙏
I don't think she is. That chapter ending was just a red herring.

At worst she will get gravely injured, her dying would be far too predictable for this manga.

GrimTwin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If *THAT* does happen, I'll have to stop reading the series.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter 98 is out

Knew she wouldn't die. But that makes last chapter's cliffhanger look so weirdly dramatic now :XD Like it was just some random guy who bumped into her, why the mystery and intrigue around him then.
I wonder what Akane's role will be in the story going forward though :hmm Maybe her screentime will reduce from this point on?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

Starting the chap with that Angelic Akane CP, which is beautiful, they really went all in with the fake-out.

Ending the chap with Aqua gaining the Double Mangeko Hoshinogan was epic! With the 100th chapter coming up, I think we'll get Hikaru in some capacity, maybe even an encounter.

Like it was just some random guy who bumped into her, why the mystery and intrigue around him then.
Was he really random tho? Aqua was alarmed when Akane said it felt like she was pushed. Easy way to cover up when the guy saw her get saved.

Oshi no Ko x Kaguya-sama collaboration project announced:

Halloween Kana

credit to yurigera

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter 99 is out.

Man, this new director just screams all forms of shady. Doesn't help that Akane mentioned about how rotten the industry can be (With exploiting kids and all). Plus Ruby's new director is a decent one, doesn't make sense having the following one be the same type.
Feels nice having a Kana arc though. Been ages since she's been in the focus of the story :amuse

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sketchy situation for sure. The friend too is shady. More trouble and hurdles for Kana, but she will rise through and establish herself.

Oshi no Ko will get LCP for 100th chap! :D

Jump+ illustration

I feel like her 'friend' planted the paparazzi there. With the idol's rights exposition, this is set to explode.

2 week break, and with Kaguya-sama finished and TR next week, I got open roster spots. Let's see what fills the gap.
@Hermit in the same spot too

10th Volume cover soon too. I wonder who's it gonna be. A cover with Ruby and Aqua, both having black stars, would be cool.

Ofc Ai rocks the 100th chap LCP:

Also, official chibi Ai icon released:

1st Oshi no Ko popularity poll is live. No, not characters, but panels.
You can vote once daily (Japan timezone), and the last day of voting is on December 15th. Simply scroll down and select the panel in the list you want to vote for, then select the first button (in black) to confirm your vote. (The second button brings you back to the selection page.)

@Hermit @Gajeel your top panels?

Mine would be,
  1. Kana's Title Drop ("I'm gonna be your star.")
  2. Akane imposing her will on Kana
  3. Akane's sword dance
  4. Ruby and Aqua getting double stars. Tho Aqua's isn't eligible
  5. Kana clashes swords with Aqua
HM: B-Komachi first concert, Ai's smile, Kana performance in Tokyo Blade