Seinen - Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Sama_al_Azraq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Otoyome-gatari by Mori Kaoru

Isn't the raw already out from few days ago?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

ah. I don't spoil myself and look for raws. :p I did, however, read the first line of your spoiler post and decided not to read the rest of it. hehe. Can't wait for the Edited Manga. ^^

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I just downloaded ch 18 and 19 tonight and I'm off to read. I'm in for a manga treat tonight to de-stress myself, hehehe.

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

You have read it?
How is your opinion about the twins? And who do you think they will marry to?
I was thinking of Ali with both of the girls, but I don't think he already have enough money to pay engagement gifts for two. But I can't think of separating the twins, they're so cute together with each other (a bit noisy, though).
And nooo!! for Paria chance of marry. But if it's mean she will be happy I guess I should root for it.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

You really think the twins will figure out later in the story?

I thought they were just another addition or something. But then again, they are really charming characters so maybe they will be included in the intricate web of things.

I actually like the idea that a guy is interested in Paria. I wanna see another side of Paria that can only come out once she gets married to someone who can put up with her and is genuinely interested in her.

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Aren't the twin the next otoyome/bride? I think this arc will focused on the marriage story in Caspian Sea area.
I don't really like the development of war with Russia, I prefer the bride story than the serious part. So I hope we can have Smith POV and not moving to Amira's brothers for the time being.

Paria's reason of rude to male is because she afraid of them, so maybe if she do marry, she will used to male after some time and can act naturally in front of her husband.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

First impression: what a gorgeous art. So beautiful and detailed, especially the embroidery. Nicely done.
Second impression: a 20-year-old woman married a 12-year-old boy? What? But then thinking about it again, since they are nomads and very traditional, it might not be something strange. The plot is light and flowing; with some complications once in a while. Not like that I expected, it tells the story of the life of traditional nomads.

I like the cheerful Amira and the calm Karluk; they fit one another so much. Also when Amira got so worried when Karluk was sick and when Karluk protected Amira from being taken away. Expressions and backgrounds are very detailed, I really like it. The humor is there at the right place and time, not too much yet not boring. The stranger Mr. Smith is such a fun person. Um, Dr. Smith, I mean. :derp The other characters, even antagonists as they are, make the plot dynamic and lively.

Twins. From all the stories I've followed so far, twins never really brought a fortune, so I have no comment about this twin. I bet there would be some kind of twist for Mr. Smith with these girls and Tarasu, so I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait for next chapter. ^^

And Pariya is just :XD. She is cute because she says no even though she means yes. I think it'll take some time for the boy to understand this fact about her. XD

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Oh yea, why didn't I think of that? Mr. Smith and Tarasu can each have one of the twins so everyone is happy. hahahahaha.

Even if I love the stories that revolve around the marriages, I am also loving the part about Amira's brothers because it will involve Amira in the future- that is their aim, anyway. To destroy Karluk's tribe or something like that. >.>

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

LOL~ Such a reasoning. One gets a wife, one gets a sister, huh? :XD

Yeah, I think so. But I bet Azel (Amira's brother, whatever his name is) would later encourage the rest of his tribe not to attack Karluk's clan because he saw how happy Amira is. ^^

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Talking about Talas, I wonder what everyone else think about her story and it's conclusion?
Also, do you think we will ever see her again or her story already ended there?

Didn't Mori say that Karluk and Talas names originated from Battle of Talas, so her name is supposed to be Talas not Tarasu?

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

LOL~ Such a reasoning. One gets a wife, one gets a sister, huh? :XD
ahahaha :sweatdrop sorry I meant Ali!!! Ali and Mr Smith each get a wife. Not Talas/Tarasu (whatever >.>) I typed the wrong name lol.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Talking about Talas, I wonder what everyone else think about her story and it's conclusion?
Also, do you think we will ever see her again or her story already ended there?

Didn't Mori say that Karluk and Talas names originated from Battle of Talas, so her name is supposed to be Talas not Tarasu?
I believe Tarasu is how the katakana of her name is read. I'm more to call her Talas anyway. ^^
About her story, well, how should I say it... She's kind, okay, and she cares about her mother who has lost all her five sons. But somehow I didn't like her as well. I think I feel like she's too giving up. Staying there. I didn't understand why she didn't try to at least bring her mother and give a more proper life, even for a short period. I think we will see her again; she seems to like Mr. Smith quite much that she would resist the marriage designed for her by her new father and we might get to see a bit about it. ^^

ahahaha :sweatdrop sorry I meant Ali!!! Ali and Mr Smith each get a wife. Not Talas/Tarasu (whatever >.>) I typed the wrong name lol.
LOL, okay, hahahahaha~

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

I got a surprise in the mail today. Volume 2 of Otoyomegatari showed up early! 10 days before it's official release! Another beautiful, hardcover edition from Yen Press. They print it in such great quality. I really appreciate it and I treasure these books.

Anyway, this volume was just amazing. Of course the art work was incredible as always. To be honest, I could have done without Amir's family trying to take her back again, but that is only because I really like Amir and Karluk and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I like things the most when it is just a calm and happy, slice of life scene. My favorite part of this volume was when they were talking about the fabrics and embroidery.

So, it seems that the next volume will switch focus to another bride and another location. I'm sure I will love it, but it is kind of sad because I really like Amir. I hope volume 4 will go back to her or at least touch base with her.

I told myself that after I read volume 2 in print form, I was going to catch up with the Edited Manga. But I just enjoyed holding that book in my hands so much, I can't imagine reading this amazing series on a computer screen. I'm going to wait until March when volume 3 is released here. I really can't wait because I have fallen in love with this series.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

After this the focus switches to Mr. Smith, and I rather like the shift. Anyway I didn't know Yen Press was releasing it as a hardcover, that does sound very nice indeed.

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

lol I really loved the twins
I especially love the fish throw, I guess you can't underestimate a fish flying to your head.
I wonder how will the twins react when they know their husband candidates. They don't qualify one of the twins prerequisite of being rich. And it's not like that they fall in love with the 2 brothers. Seeing how they react after they heard their mother story, I think the twins have never fall in love and don't understand it.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Today was a good day. I got volume 3 in the mail 13 days before the official release! Thanks Amazon(how are retail bookstores suppose to compete when Amazon give me my book nearly 2 weeks ahead of the release date and $5 cheaper?).

Anyway, it was another great volume. Just as I suspected, I was a bit sad at first to be moving along to a new bride and away from Amir and family, but I quickly started to enjoy Talas and Mr. Smiths misadventures. And lo and behold, Amir managed to make a substantial cameo in this volume, which put quite the smile on my face.

If volume 2 was to embroidery, this volume was to food. That feast scene was great. It was starting to make me a little hungry. All thanks to the amazingly detailed art. I think I want to try making some of that food. Pheasant kabobs sound delicious.

So, three volumes down, I think it is now safe for me to say that this is one of my favorite series. I'm sufficiently addicted to it. I've been following this series through Yen Press's official release(They do a great job. Hardcover, dust jacket, quality paper/ink, natural translation), but I don't know if I can wait for them to release the next volume. Volume 4 isn't even released in Japan yet and by the time it is released and Yen Press is finished with their treatment, it will be like a year from now. So, it's on to Edited Mangas. Not as fun as holding a physical book in your hands, but it will have to do. I already peaked at a recent chapter and saw some things that caught my interest :)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

this new "arc" about the twins and their marriages are as interesting as the first original couple in the series. I have grown to love their story as well.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

whyyyyy is this manga so slow in output :(
it's literally the only bad thing about it

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I have just caught up until chapter 23. Slow series is slow, but I am slow too so yeah. :sweat

Aww, I had a good laugh on the chapters about the twins. Too bad the latest Edited Manga didn't cover their marriages, would love to see that. Chapter 22 was very touching. That is so much like mothers anywhere in the world, worried for their children who are getting married... Especially since Layla and Leila seem so unreliable. :P Yet behind it all there is only love. All in all I love the dynamic, and supported by amazing graphic (I had just forgotten how detailed Otoyomegatari's artwork is) turned this series into something very special.

I missed Karluk and Amir though. Too bad we only meet them on the extra chapter. :(