Games - Overwatch | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Overwatch

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

Since I play this game now, and there are no threads for it, there better be one.

I can't aim for my life (and of course, my favourite hero is Widowmaker), and I don't know much about the objectives people speak about in this game, but I find it fun. D.Va and Reaper are my primary heroes no matter what the map or the game mode is, since I can barely see any difference in those at this point.

Any sort of discussion is welcome.

Last edited:

Totinona

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Hello, Overwatch is a lot of fun yihaaa. :gent Also can't aim so playing McCree is the worst. I've played a lot of Zarya.

A 1.28GB patch on the PTR today. Lots of bug fixes and a few changes to Ana, Widowmaker and Junkrat.
General Updates
General
  • Static cameras are now supported in spectator mode
  • Team names can be edited in custom games
  • Raised the volume of Hanzo's Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Lone Wolf/Okami Skin
  • Heroes hit by Ana's Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
  • Increased frequency of Reinhardt's "barrier failing" voice line
  • Custom Games can now be paused
Hero Balance Updates
Ana

• Nano Boost
    • Ultimate Cost has been increased by 20%
  • Biotic Grenade
    • Radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters
Developer Comments: So far, we haven't had any indication that Ana is too strong overall, but her ultimate charges a little too fast, especially considering the impact it can have on a match. Also, her Biotic Grenades are getting a small boost to help her hit multiple targets.

Widowmaker

• Widow's Kiss
    • Scoping-in animation has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds
Developer Comments: This change will help Widowmaker acquire new targets more quickly and speed up her reaction time in fast-paced situations.

Junkrat

• RIP-Tire
    • Ability now activates more quickly
Developer Comments: Junkrat can be extremely effective hero in the right hands, but RIP-Tire often felt underpowered when compared to his counterparts.

General
  • Several minor aesthetic changes have been made to the game's Main, Social, and Options menus
  • Removed several stats that were duplicated for certain heroes throughout the career profile
  • Controller users can now choose between two aiming mods
    • Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick's range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly.
    • Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves towards the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout.
  • Camera movement in Spectator Mode has been improved
Social Features
  • Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting, and others will appear more frequently (e.g., Most Gold Medals and Torbjörn's Armor Packs Created)
Bug Fixes
General
  • Enemy players that are knocked down no longer lose their red outline
  • Fixed a bug that prevented modified key bindings from saving after relaunching the game
  • Fixed a bug that kept players from binding Take Screenshot to other keys
Heroes
  • Fixed a bug causing Bastion's bullet shells to eject backwards while in Configuration: Sentry mode
  • Fixed an issue preventing Hanzo's Sonic Arrow from appearing when selected
  • Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat's statistics from correctly tracking RIP-Tire kills
  • Fixed an issue preventing Mercy's staff from appearing in some highlight intros while wearing the Valkyrie/Sigrún skin
  • Fixed a bug causing Tracer highlight intros to render at a lower resolution when accessed from the Highlights menu
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to use her Grappling Hook on basketballs
  • Symmetra's "Car Wash" achievement now correctly lists the number of beams required (6 instead of 7)
  • Fixed a time calculation issue that was causing Zenyatta's "Rapid Discord" achievement to be more difficult than intended
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat's "Roadkill" achievement from being awarded after obtaining 4 kills with RIP-Tire
Maps
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the payload to heal players even when they were negatively affected by Ana's Biotic Grenade
  • Fixed a bug preventing the health bars on the Practice Range bots from displaying the effects of Ana's Biotic Grenade
  • Fixed a bug preventing sprays from being applied correctly to some surfaces on Eichenwalde
  • Fixed a bug allowing some heroes to be seen in the sky when viewing certain highlight intros on Volskaya Industries
From reddit.

beatmachineon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
what is this overwatch in your words i dont trust IGN

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Hello, Overwatch is a lot of fun yihaaa. :gent Also can't aim so playing McCree is the worst. I've played a lot of Zarya.
I think Ana is the worst. Trying to snipe heal your teammates is painful from my little experience.

what is this overwatch in your words i dont trust IGN
* Game is played around objectives, so, being a good player relies on knowing the objective, the map layout and your team composition. In Quick Play mode, people just pick whatever, so it's hard to know what would help your team beyond a certain point. Map knowledge is always important, however.

* Lots of overpowered abilities, so having good aim does not necessarily bring along miracles, although it never hurts to be good at it.

* Aside from maybe one or two heroes (Mercy or Zenyatta, mostly supports), I don't see a works-all-the-time type of hero, so, it's better to learn how to play a few.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This game is best played with a Team Deathmatch with friends who all have different mains that they excel at. The right combination may just jump out at you for that impossible "Perfect Team"

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ohhhh cool, we have a thread!
We could list the members game ID in the first post, like in LoL, so people could more easily add each other no?

My fav chars so far are Mei, Mercy and DVa, but I'm still utter crap with anything xP

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
This game is best played with a Team Deathmatch with friends who all have different mains that they excel at. The right combination may just jump out at you for that impossible "Perfect Team"
I don't think there is a "perfect team" to play. Maps do matter for heroes to perform, etc.
There can be balanced teams built, of course.

Ohhhh cool, we have a thread!
We could list the members game ID in the first post, like in LoL, so people could more easily add each other no?

My fav chars so far are Mei, Mercy and DVa, but I'm still utter crap with anything xP
Can be done.
I have branched out to Diablo and WoW over the past few weeks, so, I kinda slowed down in Overwatch, but I'm not completely retired yet xD
You men Battle.net tags or game IDs? Are game IDs useful in the game menu, didn't really check.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Uhhh no, you're right, I think it has to be the Bnet ones. Or at least, it looks easier to add D:

Ok, so mine is Farfalla#1129 (I'd kill to be able to change that number. It triggers my OCD so much!)

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone seen the supposed Sombra leak?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I don't, but my brother does. I'm more like the backseat player aka helping him look out for enemies. LOL

He usually plays Lucio but now he's playing more Zendaya depending on the situations.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
No, I don't, but my brother does. I'm more like the backseat player aka helping him look out for enemies. LOL

He usually plays Lucio but now he's playing more Zendaya depending on the situations.
Ah, with Farfs we are eager to play with more people, so if you ever feel like backseating while your brother is getting 1v6'ed -cause we suck- just ask, we usually play in EU because that's where most MH people play though.

Lucio is awesome, you can never go wrong with him :p Zenyatta is quite fun too, I just wish I was smart enough to stay close to him when he ults.

At first I was just backseating too but crap the game seemed too fun so I just bought it for myself. No regrets -so far- ^^

But now Lala is lacking someone to backseat cause she wouldn't notice an elephant driving a motorbike in front of her.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
My brother is ranked Platinum for the Competitve Mode ATM. He plays it on the PS4 so I dunno if he can play with you if you're on the computer.

LOL I'm fine just watching him. Playing online competition game makes me too nervous.

Totinona

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
More people should join in on playing OW. It's too much for me to carry by myself. :nah
it's a joke and it hurt to make it XD

The halloween skins etc might drop in a few hours according to this on reddit as there's been a background download today.

Not officially out yet in english, but a translated version from spanish on this tumblr.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Yeah, apparently they are holding an event with a game mode, and lots of cosmetics involved.

Some of them look dope. Not sure what to think about Jack-o'-lantern Reaper, though.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Gosh, I might purchase a couple Bnet cards just to get that sweet Halloween Mercy skin, so pretty :x3 too bad she isn't meta anymore :(

Does anyone know if Halloween loot boxes guarantee you to get at least one Halloween special skin per box?

I'm planning to play the Brawl mode too this weekend, it seems fun from what I've seen on stream. :zomg

Totinona

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Does anyone know if Halloween loot boxes guarantee you to get at least one Halloween special skin per box?
The halloween lootboxes guarantees you one of the halloween items which can be a skin/voice line/spray/emote/highlight intro/victory pose or player icon I think.<_>

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I got Mercy's skin in my 5th box, I think? I was super lucky :zomg I got another skins for Junkrat and Roadhog though, pretty much two heroes that I hardly play except when I am in a foul mood and uninterested in tryharding. Was hoping for Anna skin, hopefully I'll get enough credits by the end of this event to buy one.