Discussion - People Who Still Like Wendy & Erza | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion People Who Still Like Wendy & Erza

evildeadfan102

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i want to make a thread for people who still like Erza and Wendy. They get so much hate these days but i still love them so i want to make this thread for anyone who still loves them. :)

Whats everyones favourite Wendy Marvell moment? It can be anime or manga
Whats everyones favourite Erza Scarlet moment? It can be anime or manga
Do you ship Jerza?
Do you ship Chendy?
If you ship either Erza or Wendy with anyone else who is it? :)

I would like to know :) Bring some love back to Erza and Wendy

Asorx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I don't like Wendy so idk maybe Wendy vs Ezel and Sky sisters vs Dimaria.
As for Erza i love all her interactions with Jellal and Gulid. I like her character but i hate her bs fights.
After chapters 518-519 a lot of people drop FT. "Because she's Erza" and "Enchanted DS magic"

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I still love Erza ! (And like Wendy )
My favorite momeny about Wendy ? I guess it is when she fights with full determination, her fight against Chelia, even if she was not as strong she achieved a draw for the proud of er guild, or also her fight vs Ezel + fake death against Face, it really moved me.

I loved Erza s resolve to protect her guild, her badassery and everything but the BS fight are meh... It was ok till Tartaros, even if people hate her fight against Azuma it was one of my favorite fights of all manga and I guess that would be my favorite Erza moment ^^

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I still love Erza ! (And like Wendy )
My favorite momeny about Wendy ? I guess it is when she fights with full determination, her fight against Chelia, even if she was not as strong she achieved a draw for the proud of er guild, or also her fight vs Ezel + fake death against Face, it really moved me.

I loved Erza s resolve to protect her guild, her badassery and everything but the BS fight are meh... It was ok till Tartaros, even if people hate her fight against Azuma it was one of my favorite fights of all manga and I guess that would be my favorite Erza moment ^^
DUDE!!
Finally someone like me, who actually liked Erza's fight against Azuma! I thought i was the only one :zomg

My two cents:
My favourite moment about Wendy was her fight against Sherria during GMG. For some reason i really enjoyed that fight, her resolve to fight for her guild despite being heavily struggling, her balls to increase Sherria's power to make her miss her attack... I don't know, overall i really liked this fightn more so than her fight against Ezel for instance. At some point the "i'll save you!" "this time i'll save you" "best buddy!" with Carla is getting redundant, hence why i tend to enjoy her fights less when Carla is around.

I've always loved Erza, from the very start, and while it is true that her fights are getting more and more ridiculous, i still love her. I think what i loved about her was her "weak" side, her past being revealed during ToH. Also i'm a fan of Jerza, though i admit i'm pretty much a fan of all the Big Four (Nalu, Gajevy, Jerza and Gruvia).

I don't think Wendy and Erza are hated nowadays, especially not Wendy. Both of them are lovable. However i can understand why people would complain about an Erza fight, especially the one against Kyouka which might have been the most bullshit moment in history. >Personally i like Wendy more and more and as i said, especially when there's no crying / you're my best friend i'll save you!! moment with Carla.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually really like Wendy, I really love her fight with Chelia and Ezel, but just not her moment with Irene when's she was pulling these enchantments out of nowhere due to convenience.

As for Erza, well it's not that I don't like her just, I'm pretty much annoyed and irritated of how she be winning her fights and how she keeps on defying logic like being able to fight and defeat Kyoka with all her senses taken away yet was losing when she still had them. But as for my favorite moment, I would say of how she defeated 100 monsters I guess. And also I surely do ship Jerza along with Gale, Gruvia, and most of all Nalu.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who has problems with Wendy? Lol her becoming a sudden master at enchantments is questionable but she has done nothing on the scale of Erza did in this arc/against Irene. Erza is like Gray to me, they're ok/decent... don't harbor any true feelings towards them but Erza's fights are by far the worst in Team Natsu. Just can't look forward to them anymore.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm not a fan of Erza or Wendy, Both of them had some decent fights and great moments, I was neutral at some point but i actually started to hate them cuz of Irene plot. what they did was just inhuman, Maybe it's temporary hate but right now i really can't stand them anymore in this arc.

Miralicious akuma

Reaction score
Country
India
From the start erza and mirajane have beeen my favorite characters of Ft.. To be quite honest I adore erza ''s requip magic because of the uniqueness and the versatility and her badass persona with a soft side is pretty darn sweet. And Ive also enjoyed most of her fights, I liked erza vs Irene till she requiped into her red pants but her fight in that bunny armor was pretty solid imo. Azuma one was decent and the 3 way bw kagura Minerva And erza has been one of my fav erza fights. Plus Jerza is one of my favorite ships so yeah.
Well now comes Wendy. Now this is just my opinion so don't get triggered by it. Imo I hate how Wendy went from 10 to 1000 in no time . Wendy vs dimaria is one of my fav Spriggan fights and I loved how Wendy was portrayed in there. But from that point this started going down hill really fast. Wendy is now able to heal her broken leg on no time, can supposedly cure nearly dead people, can heal broken bones, can transfer her magic into objects, can even switch bodies, has considerable amount of attack and defense and what not? How op can this girl get?! I still understand erza, she has been using pof from the start but Wendy's magic is too op like cmon . Besides this, I don't like her squeky Persona( sometimes it's annoying) nor do I like kids in anime. It is my extremely biased opinion so I apologize if I triggered some of you but yeah that's just how I feel.

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
DUDE!!
Finally someone like me, who actually liked Erza's fight against Azuma! I thought i was the only one :zomg

My two cents:
My favourite moment about Wendy was her fight against Sherria during GMG. For some reason i really enjoyed that fight, her resolve to fight for her guild despite being heavily struggling, her balls to increase Sherria's power to make her miss her attack... I don't know, overall i really liked this fightn more so than her fight against Ezel for instance. At some point the "i'll save you!" "this time i'll save you" "best buddy!" with Carla is getting redundant, hence why i tend to enjoy her fights less when Carla is around.

I've always loved Erza, from the very start, and while it is true that her fights are getting more and more ridiculous, i still love her. I think what i loved about her was her "weak" side, her past being revealed during ToH. Also i'm a fan of Jerza, though i admit i'm pretty much a fan of all the Big Four (Nalu, Gajevy, Jerza and Gruvia).

I don't think Wendy and Erza are hated nowadays, especially not Wendy. Both of them are lovable. However i can understand why people would complain about an Erza fight, especially the one against Kyouka which might have been the most bullshit moment in history. >Personally i like Wendy more and more and as i said, especially when there's no crying / you're my best friend i'll save you!! moment with Carla.
You are most definitely not the only one. Asuma is actually my favorite Erza fight outside the anime (to which it loses to the 100 monsters fight that fight just captured Erza perfectly not only her grit but her intelligence and diversity which gets forgotten too much) to me asuma represents the only time that POF should have been used it was time that Erza seemed to get that the others were there with her and she might need help sometimes. Erza has always been in my top five but her fights frustrate me the three-way during the magic game in particular she just activates 2nd origin like nothing and then pulls armor that is stated to bend the laws of magic to her will and what e;se can be said about the "She's Erza" fight, but the fights up to Irene and actually up the switch for me have been great for me No "she's Erza" here Erza actually acknowled and counted on her family instead of doing it all herself

Also everything is better with less Carla.

Imo I hate how Wendy went from 10 to 1000 in no time . Wendy vs dimaria is one of my fav Spriggan fights and I loved how Wendy was portrayed in there. But from that point this started going down hill really fast. Wendy is now able to heal her broken leg on no time, can supposedly cure nearly dead people, can heal broken bones, can transfer her magic into objects, can even switch bodies, has considerable amount of attack and defense and what not? How op can this girl get?! I still understand erza, she has been using pof from the start but Wendy's magic is too op like cmon . Besides this, I don't like her squeky Persona( sometimes it's annoying) nor do I like kids in anime. It is my extremely biased opinion so I apologize if I triggered some of you but yeah that's just how I feel.
Wendy has been my favorite since edolos (which I actually really enjoyed) one of the key reasons has been her growth and her permission to fail which was actually unique in the guild, I really enjoy all of her fights because they are all hard won if pressed the fight with cheila is one that I enjoyed most of Fairy tail it was great Wendy also does something I would not have thought possible healing with an attack to restore your opponent and make them waste their reserves it was such an advancement to her character. However, I can agree that the pacing was shot this arc I think that Hiro used her to establish other characters only to realized how weak he mad her look at this stage and over-corrected. The body switch thing could have easily been explained in like 4 panels with the old "when you stare into the abyss the abyess stares into you" and could have explained the dragon slayer enchantment and but Hiro did not take the time. Wendy has always been a bit of a genius, she has had to teach herself pretty much half of what she knows by copying others and always does quickly so dues Zero and the healing I could let go if it took more out of her really her MP is just off the chart and it never was before. She did not however heal her leg the dragon slayers and Erza have always healed fast it took Natsu and Gajeel no time to recover from a full body caste almost after the laxus fight, Irene list an impressive collection of wounds that the girl has taken this war. Still she is a supporter that has been drilled in this arch more then ever and her strength is still behind the rest of fairy tails dragon slayers. As for shipping I ship pretty much all the spinning pairs Hiro has drawn on twitter and Chendy is one of them I just don't see it happening until right before the final battle or right after but Chiela is going to have to be the one to act

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
You are most definitely not the only one. Asuma is actually my favorite Erza fight outside the anime (to which it loses to the 100 monsters fight that fight just captured Erza perfectly not only her grit but her intelligence and diversity which gets forgotten too much) to me asuma represents the only time that POF should have been used it was time that Erza seemed to get that the others were there with her and she might need help sometimes. Erza has always been in my top five but her fights frustrate me the three-way during the magic game in particular she just activates 2nd origin like nothing and then pulls armor that is stated to bend the laws of magic to her will and what e;se can be said about the "She's Erza" fight, but the fights up to Irene and actually up the switch for me have been great for me No "she's Erza" here Erza actually acknowled and counted on her family instead of doing it all herself

Also everything is better with less Carla.
Damn, i agree with everything!
I also loved the Erza vs Pandemonium fight, especially in the anime. I'm the type of guy who's really fond of good soundtracks and it really gets me sometimes. In FT the OST are great. The Erza vs 100 monsters was awesome.
The 2nd origin and Nakagami armor during GMG was good for me, didn't annoy me too much. I'm only annoyed when it comes to very HUGE and illogical PoF moment, aka her fight against Kyouka.

tertonon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I love Jerza. Jellal is a really caring man, Erza needs a guy like this. ( and i won't tell my favourite moment with her, because Erza one of pure awesomenesses of Fairy Tail, so it's pointless to talk about such moments)

And about favourite Wendy's moment.
It's probably long in the past, but it's still when Wendy fought against Dorma Anim. The whole fight was awesome, each Dragon Slayer did a great job. I like that fight.

Finally someone like me, who actually liked Erza's fight against Azuma! I thought i was the only one
Lol, i already mentioned this fight in "favourite villans" thread. ( of course it's hard to read all messages on this forum ) So you're obviously not the only one. ;)

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wendy's pretty adorable, if a bit boring, at least she doesnt do anything annoying. The small boobs gag still makes me chuckle.

Love almost everything about Erza outside of battle, she's hilarious, cute, the affection she shows towards Wendy and the rest of her friends when they're alone together is admirable and even a little touching. Im also glad she maintained the appropriate attitude towards Eileen even after learning her backstory.
Dont even really mind the BS in her fights(except against Eileen, f*ck that shit). Only thing that bothers me about Erza is her damn nakama speeches. Her, Natsu and Mavis are the worst, cant stand it. Erza's best fights are ones where she rarely talks, like in Erza vs Azuma, Erza vs Midnight, or Erza's 3-way fight with Minerva and Kagura(before Minerva chickened out)

Oh, I also hate Jerza. Jerza sux, the only interaction these two should have is fighting together against an enemy, i'd love to see that, but pls no more development towards their romantic relationship.

Costanza

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Outside battles, Erza is by far my favourite character. Her interactions with her guildmates, quirkiness used to be one of my favourite parts about Fairy Tail. However, overall she's sort of become stale to me. I think that also has a lot to do with Fairy tail declining steadily since end of Tenrou Island Arc. Her nakama speeches during battles is one thing, but my main issue is Mashima's lack of creativity in her battles. With all her armors he ends up 9/10 times using her flame pant/boob bandaged combo. There was so much potential in her battles. Many of them could have been similar to her battle with Azuma(minus the ending). Her relationship with Jellal has been a downside, it's weakened her character imo.

Wendy on the other hand there's nothing to dislike about her overall. Solid growth, the randomly becoming a master enchantress is a bit weird though.

Loke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm? What did Wendy do? lol

Not a one liner.

Sinatuo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I like Wendy's character development. How a typical healer got a stronger determination to fight and protect, to moving into the front lines. In an RPG mode, Wendy is a good support. Wendy vs. Chelia's still my favorite fight.

For Erza... I like Erza's personality, her not giving up and finding strength in every battle she needs to overcome. She's one of the most resilient character and I admire her for that. When you apply this in reality, she's a strong leader who keeps a strong facade for everyone to be inspired and not waiver, but feels weak inside and has to always find strength and accomplish things. I can relate to her when it comes to resilience. I dislike her battles starting from GMG onwards. Erza vs. Azuma was one of the best, I just know the feeling of putting your heart on your sleeve on a fight you don't know if you'll ever win.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wendy has been my favorite character since Edolas. I like how she suddenly went from the useless kid to a badass support. Even upon her introduction, I was already interested in her character. Hiro made a big deal/hype on Wendy's introduction: Natsu remembered her name, all the S-class mages back then noticed something strange with Wendy's magic, Brain also recognized Wendy as if she's super special. Then she was revealed to be a DS. Her character was a nice contrast to the usual violent, aggressive type DS like Natsu and the rest of DS.

I think her best moment of her for me is definitely her fight against Ezel. Her DF was really the hype back then. And she was finally able to prove her worth as a combatant DS rather than just a support. Lastly her development in this arc was very great. Although I can see why people hated her this arc. Even for me, her performance against Irene was definitely questionable. She just became too op all of a sudden. But over all I still like development all together.

If anything, I think people just hate Wendy just keeps getting op while their fave character is always just getting sidelined or just being used for fanservice.

Now going with Erza. I also still like her character. Like most people say, one of her best moment was her fight vs 100 monsters. At that moment, she really proved her worth as Titania. One of my favorite moment for her as well was during the initial clash of OS and the Guild Alliance where everyone was getting their ass kicked but Erza was holding her own against Cobra and Racer. Hoteye had to join in for them to take her down. It really portrayed the difference between an S-class and non S-Class mage and how Erza was easily a very strong mage. Her personality outside combat is quite funny as well. But If I can blame anyone, I want to blame Hiro for ruining Erza's character.

immblueversion

Reaction score
Country
United States
But If I can blame anyone, I want to blame Hiro for ruining Erza's character.
Either him or the editor. They've been known to meddle in storytelling affairs. Who knows.

Whatever the case, as flat and low-stakes I took Erza's fight with Irene to be, there's one vital thing it did for me in retrospect: make Erza's OP nature kind of make sense. It's more headcanon than anything since it was never outright stated, but her mom was a dragon for 400 years. And dragons are practically gods in this series. That's bound to rub off on Erza in one way or another. That doesn't make it well-written or seem like it was thought out any better than it actually was (i.e., not likely at all), but in a twisted way, one of the most frustrating moments in this story arc has, in my eyes, actually redeemed a more long-standing issue the series has had for years.