Discussion - People Who Still Like Wendy & Erza | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion People Who Still Like Wendy & Erza

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I start reading FT manga after i watched FT anime of Erza in GMG (Pandemonium), it was sooo wonderfull... I was like that's it! i've found my favourite female character!! but as time goes by... Erza fight is always same and getting boring, especially in this arc (Duh...the fight with Irene is the fight i hate the most). Though i loved her fight in the beggining of war against Ajeel...

Last edited:

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So i want to make a thread for people who still like Erza and Wendy. They get so much hate these days but i still love them so i want to make this thread for anyone who still loves them. :)

Whats everyones favourite Wendy Marvell moment? It can be anime or manga
Whats everyones favourite Erza Scarlet moment? It can be anime or manga
Do you ship Jerza?
Do you ship Chendy?
If you ship either Erza or Wendy with anyone else who is it? :)

I would like to know :) Bring some love back to Erza and Wendy

Interesting questions.

Wendy is still a pretty cool character in my book. I've always thought that she was one of the better characters, both personality and power-wise. Her battles never fail to disappointment me and her development was one of the best.

Erza, on the other hand, didn't turn out too well. For those that don't know, Erza used to be one of my favorite characters. She was actually what got me into FT to begin with, believe it or not.

Ever since Tenrou with her fight against Azuma though, she has relied purely on PoF and nakama speeches to win her battles. On top of that, she began to become heavily biased towards Makarov, Natsu, and Jellal... while being condescending towards everyone else. It was at that point in the manga where I disagreed with her character.

That said, here are my answers to your questions:

Whats everyones favourite Wendy Marvell moment? It can be anime or manga.

My favorite moment would probably be her fight against Chelia in GMG. Even though she was outclassed, she managed to pull off a draw by using tactical strategies, such as "eating" air and curbing Chelia's blast by enhancing her spells at the precise moment.

I thought she represented FT really well in GMG and used common sense in her fights; for example, playing defensively and gaining the upper hand.

Whats everyones favourite Erza Scarlet moment? It can be anime or manga.

Favorite moment for Erza would probably be forming a team with Natsu and Gray at the beginning of the series and taking down the Eisenwald guild. Especially when they were chasing them through the train stations and eventually defeating Lullaby near the Senior Guild Masters Conference.

Her teamwork with Natsu and Gray was probably the most significant aspect for me.

Do you ship Jerza?

No.

I find Erza's bias towards Jellal kind of annoying and disgusting. No offense to other people though.. I know that it has become quite a popular ship these days...

Do you ship Chendy?

Nope.

If you ship either Erza or Wendy with anyone else who is it?

I ship Erza with Ichiya.

As for Wendy, I don't really have an opinion on who she should be with. Probably anybody she grows fond of and likes, I guess.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I use to like Wendy before but now I can only use one word to describe her TRASH 😤. Her enchantment and fights are ruining everything

As for Erza, ngl before I use to hate her with passion but now I don't hate her. She's actually not a bad character the way people make it out to be but she's not really a good character either like how her fans exaggerate it. Normally her fights are bullshit, that's a given........my deal is when her stupid fanbase tries to make sense out of something that's clear bullshit. My feelings for Erza is neutral if I'm pushing maybe 6/10 because I enjoy her relationship with natsu and jellal. My deal is when her stupid fanbase says retarded stuff like erza beating misaki makes her stronger than dragon force natsu......then there's a real problem. Infact in general her fans are the real problem

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I used to be an Erza fan in the first half of the series. As such, my fav moments with her were some of her earlier fights such as against Midnight and Edo Erza (Skywalker is her name right).
And quite ironically enough, given her track record since x791, Erza vs Ajeel was one of the only decent fights in Alverass arc. A good mix of strategy without PoF bullshit.
I used to like Jerza a lot too. Easily the best ship of the series in the main series, before Mashima started rehashing everything a lot.

I never liked Wendy, but she was tolerable pre Tartarus when she wasn't the get out of jail free card for pretty much everything under the sun. Nothing too positive to say about her even if I tried tbh, I guess Wendy vs Ezel was kinda all right.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
My only problem have with Erza are her fights because like other said they have gotten predictable. For example if Erza were to fight a villain with some type of hax powers Hiro will most likely give her some random spell/ability out of no where to counter it

sree

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I used to be an Erza fan in the first half of the series. As such, my fav moments with her were some of her earlier fights such as against Midnight and Edo Erza (Skywalker is her name right).
And quite ironically enough, given her track record since x791, Erza vs Ajeel was one of the only decent fights in Alverass arc. A good mix of strategy without PoF bullshit.
I used to like Jerza a lot too. Easily the best ship of the series in the main series, before Mashima started rehashing everything a lot.

I never liked Wendy, but she was tolerable pre Tartarus when she wasn't the get out of jail free card for pretty much everything under the sun. Nothing too positive to say about her even if I tried tbh, I guess Wendy vs Ezel was kinda all right.
Pretty much this ^

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably character interactions. Reason why they both are still some of my faves. Wendy less so tho.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s really a shame how bland Erza has become in 100YQ, she started off with a really strong personality, which was indeed divisive, but at least she had a pretty decent start to her character arc with the ToH trauma, and her complicated relationship with Jellal. The trouble is it pretty much stopped there. The ToH baggage was either resolved or brushed back under the rug depending on your PoV, and her relationship with Jellal has been on ice for most of the series by this point! But the biggest problem is definitely how much personality she has lost, she’s kinda just there as a strong fighter in 100YQ. Previously she often had a pivotal/strategic part to play in defeating whichever enemy they were facing… that didn’t always land well [Azuma, Kyouka for e.g.] but she still had some substance and a few funny moments between it. It’s difficult to pinpoint this more definitely, she just feels more 2D in the sequel series. What’s even weirder is Irene’s reveal didn’t really do much to reinvigorate her character arc, despite arguably being the biggest out of the blue twist of any character in Alvarez.

honestly Wendy’s always been a meh character to me, she’s enjoyable in smaller doses, but overused IMO after Tartaros.