First Round - Pluto vs. Edens Zero | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Pluto vs. Edens Zero

Who wins?

• Pluto

• Edens Zero

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am rather curious about Edens Zero because of the apparent positive reactions but because of FT I am not sure if I should read it or not. I was not too bothered by FT's writing anyway( AFAIR in the anime at least) but it's a 6/10 at best to me. I think it was better at the beginning though.

Rave was Mashima's better series IMO. If maybe 10 volumes later the reactions about Edens Zero are still good maybe I will read it.

I read Pluto and it was pretty good, not that outstanding though. Will decide later, Bob hasn't posted yet.
I suggest you check out the first chapter of Eden Zero, Demon. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And right away I think you'll be able to tell how it's different from Fairy Tail.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Besides if Pluto was so good how come @goldb is a no show? This manga inspires some real passion apparently.:-_-
Because Sky needed an extra nomination to even the numbers out. :oh

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Because Sky needed an extra nomination to even the numbers out. :oh
Poor Pluto, nominated to even out the numbers... Nothing named Pluto can ever seem to catch a break. The Disney character's popularity has dwindled to nothing. The planet turns out not to be an actual planet. It's like the name is cursed.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Poor Pluto, nominated to even out the numbers... Nothing named Pluto can ever seem to catch a break. The Disney character's popularity has dwindled to nothing. The planet turns out not to be an actual planet. It's like the name is cursed.

The planet might come back.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I suggest you check out the first chapter of Eden Zero, Demon. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And right away I think you'll be able to tell how it's different from Fairy Tail.
Of course, they are in space this time! :lambirb
Its Stacy Malibu and the new hat all over again, thats what I felt from the first chapter.

Still I get why people might like it, Im just tired of Mashima's predictable way of writing, kind of like I can't stand current Toriyama's writing either.

It gets much better. ;)
Well, there's only 13 chapters of it so Im skeptical... but it being so short, the more the reason to check it. :p

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course, they are in space this time! :lambirb
Its Stacy Malibu and the new hat all over again, thats what I felt from the first chapter.

Still I get why people might like it, Im just tired of Mashima's predictable way of writing, kind of like I can't stand current Toriyama's writing either.
Obviously, I disagree with that. Not going to tell you what to think but Eden Zero is very different from Fairy Tail. So far, if I had to draw a parallel with something it would be the early days of One Piece.:amuse

Last edited:

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Voting for Eden Zero.

Really hard to not vote for Pluto, but decided to go with for EZ cause of Jammin's campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.