Favorites - PoT/NPoT Music | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites PoT/NPoT Music

Vote for your favorite opening theme.

• Prince of Tennis 1: Future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prince of Tennis 4: Long Way

• Prince of Tennis 6: Shining

• Nationals OVA 2: Kakaeta Kiseki

• Another Story OVA 1: Brand-New Heaven

• Another Story OVA 2: Aozora Stage

• Prince of Tennis 7: Paradise

• Total voters

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
A bit off topic but which character do you think has solid vocals, from each school?
I'd say Yukimura from Rikkaidai, Shiraishi from Shitenhoji. I don't really listen to Seigaku/Hyotei/Higa although Atobe/Kite do have solid vocals. From U-17, it's Tokugawa since Daisuke Ono does sing as his other career.
Can't wait for Best of G10 or whatever they'll end up calling it. See what they have in store.

Awennor

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A bit off topic but which character do you think has solid vocals, from each school?
I'd say Yukimura from Rikkaidai, Shiraishi from Shitenhoji. I don't really listen to Seigaku/Hyotei/Higa although Atobe/Kite do have solid vocals. From U-17, it's Tokugawa since Daisuke Ono does sing as his other career.
Can't wait for Best of G10 or whatever they'll end up calling it. See what they have in store.
I'll just list my favorites from each team (sometimes that favorite is the only person of a team I can listen to...)
Seigaku: Ryoma (I like Tezuka, Oishi&Eiji, Fuji... but they don't compare to Ryoma, I also dig Aozu)
Fudoumine: Kamio
St Rudolph: Yuuta
Yamabuki: Sengoku
Hyoutei: Yuushi (but I really like Atobe in general, Jiroh's Against Wind and Silver Pair's songs)
Rokkaku: Nobody (but Kentaro is okayish sometimes)
Rikkai: Sanada/Marui (this one is too hard to decide, Marui's voice is great but Sanada has too much energy in his songs, Yukimura is great too)
Higa: Don't like Higa in any form, be it music, musical, anime, manga...
Shitenhouji: Shiraishi (although I like Kintaro/Ryoma duets)

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm trying to catch up.

Survival Destiny (Tokugawa Kazuya) is a very good one. The same goes for Prayer. (Shiraishi Kuranosuke) (Tsuioku is not that bad too)

I agree with you, ChinkyCandie, Shiraishi's VA sings very well.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Definitely Shiraishi for Shiten. I want to say Tezuka for Seigaku, although I don't like many of his actual songs. Rikkai is tough though, I feel like Sanada, Yukimura, Yanagi and Yagyuu are all up there. I'd say Yukimura overall maybe? Haven't listened to the HSers recently. Probably Atobe for Hyoutei and haven't really listened much to the rest, so no opinion there.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't listen much to Higa either but from what I've heard so far, they're not bad. Yagyu's VA sounds good only when he's singing opera. He's not that great with pop. Yukimura does has a beautiful voice, better than what US singers have these days.

@ Anera: I do hope Yoshimasa Hosoya releases his own solo music one day, not as a character but as himself.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In case anyone cares, Yukimura is singing 2016's Valentine Kiss.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
By the way, have you guys heard of all the versions so far? I've only heard Atobe's, Sanada's, Shiraishi's, and Ootori's.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
For any Ryoma fans, he has a new untitled single in the works, scheduled to be released on the 30th of March.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Listen to Yukimura's valentine kiss! It sounds out of character XD Marui and Niou act as background.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
@ChinkyCandie I don't know why but Yukimura's voice doesn't sound very well on this song, too bad. :pout Too soft compared to the lively beat. (well, yeah, out of character, maybe)

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Have you heard the other versions? If so, what is your favourite? I've only listen to about 5 and my favourite would have to be Shiraishi.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Have you heard the other versions? If so, what is your favourite? I've only listen to about 5 and my favourite would have to be Shiraishi.
I haven't listened to all of them yet but Shiraishi's one is actually the one I remember the most. :nod However, though Atobe is my favourite character, I didn't like his. :hmm

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
On an odd note, Oishi, Sanada, and Yujiro Kai are forming a new music unit, currently unnamed. Their releasing their first untitled mini-album in mid-May.

ashore2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This is a theme from pot national champ ovas I really liked.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Konomi is releasing a new single, released 15 June, titled Kanashīne…Kimi ga Chika Sugite.
More music news: Inui is releasing his 1st single in 11 years and 11 months. Single is released on the 1st of June. Currently untitled.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
In 11 years and 11 months ? It's kind of accurate. :XD

Anyway, I'm curious to hear it, I don't remember the last one of this character (well, obviously), I don't know if his seiyuu sings well. :hmm

Btw, how do they choose which character will have a single ? Popularity ?

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My favourite Inui song is Michi. Absolutely beautiful.
I think the VAs decide whether to release more music. Nothing to do with popularity. I'm hoping the G10 start releasing something soon because they should attend the Tenipuri Festa 2016.
Best of U-17 Players are being released! 6 new singles. 2 singles released each weak over a 3 week period. Will be G10 except for Tanegashima, Oni, and Tokugawa. Mitsuya will release a single too.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
This is a theme from pot national champ ovas I really liked.
Airgrimes used to complain all the time that some of the best pieces of OST are in the Nationals OVAs and were never released, I completely agree with him that it's a pity.

Offtopic: Just now I noticed you have a clone acc lol, lost the other one I guess?

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The titles of the Best of U-17 Players are released. I know Byodoin's single is Pirates of the World and Ryoga's single is Orange but I have no idea what the other titles are XD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Megane Seven are having a double release on the 1st of October.

Lithos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Atsukyo's one is Executioner if my kanji reading doesn't fail me

Aaaaaahhhh I'm so excited for mine to arrive 8')

Edit:
Runway to Victory (Shiori e no Kado/hanamichi???) -Mori Juzaburo & Ochi Tsukimitsu
(Idk I had to google this??)
Executioner (Shokei Hito?) -Tono Atsukyo
Colours of Summer (Natsu no Iro?) -Kimijima Ikuto
A Song to Remember (Omoide no Uta) -Mitsuya Akuto

The kanji pronunciations are killing me ahaha someone please correct any mistakes;; (I'm fluent in chinese actually so the meaning should be there I think)

Last edited: