Anime - Prince of tennis OVAs : Another story | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Prince of tennis OVAs : Another story

MochiRoll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sure. Konomi draw a supposed Atobe and Yuushi match but just was the beginning. So that whole match can not be considered as canon. The animators took it to themselves and made it.

I don't know but really the only thing that I can consider canon are those from the original author, in PoT's case, if it's from Konomi. The manga and the databooks are canon, definitely. I believe it also goes for other mangas.

There have been lots of divergence because of how the anime screwed lots of things. Even if they do't clash with the storyline, I just couldn't TRUST them. Although it could be irksome when there are things that are screwed I still take these Another Story OVAs just for fun and more of like FANSERVICE.

In anime, fanservice stands for scenes which are not relevant to the overall plot at all, but merely are included to give the viewers what they presumably want to see.

I mean, when did these animators become smarter about PoT than Konomi?

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone know if Another Story II Eps. 3 & 4 been subbed yet?

DNAkapula

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Fuji, haven't been subbed yet. At least not by us. Should be soon up, though, considering the mini drama and the ChitoTachi ep are done, with the Hyoutei/Rikkai ep needing finishing touches.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sure. Konomi draw a supposed Atobe and Yuushi match but just was the beginning. So that whole match can not be considered as canon. The animators took it to themselves and made it.

I don't know but really the only thing that I can consider canon are those from the original author, in PoT's case, if it's from Konomi. The manga and the databooks are canon, definitely. I believe it also goes for other mangas.

There have been lots of divergence because of how the anime screwed lots of things. Even if they do't clash with the storyline, I just couldn't TRUST them. Although it could be irksome when there are things that are screwed I still take these Another Story OVAs just for fun and more of like FANSERVICE.

I mean, when did these animators become smarter about PoT than Konomi?
...I know what fan service is.....

Either way, the OB's present in that manga thing he done are there in the anime. So besides that 4-5 min match, that OVA is pretty much canon since it all happens in something that was drawn by Konomi since Ive read the manga to it online with Shishido saying an annoying guy has joined the tennis club and Jirou sayin its kind of interesting, and Atobe beasting the senpai's.

Only Atobe VS Mukahi+Shishido and then Yushi could be considered non-canon.

wakabayashy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
thanks a lot for your hard work \o/ you even sub the chibi bonus, thanks :D

mystictapion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Fuji, haven't been subbed yet. At least not by us. Should be soon up, though, considering the mini drama and the ChitoTachi ep are done, with the Hyoutei/Rikkai ep needing finishing touches.
Mini drama and the ChitoTachi are on DVDs of Another Story II?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Whats the ChitoTachi?
Regarding whats on this DVD.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
ChitoTachi is short for Chitose and Tachibana lol. So it means the episodes they play doubles with Shiraishi and Kenya.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
ChitoTachi is short for Chitose and Tachibana lol. So it means the episodes they play doubles with Shiraishi and Kenya.
Oh lol. That was so non-canon I may not watch that one.

mystictapion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And Mini Drama?

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hasn't everybody already seen all of the episodes? They have been out for a long time.
Yeah, but if you like to keep all the PoT episodes (like me lol) I reckon Saizen does the best job.