Anime - Prince of tennis OVAs : Another story | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Prince of tennis OVAs : Another story

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not one person has uploaded Another Story II 3 and 4 yet (at least that I know of). Episodes 1 and 2 took about 2 weeks to be uploaded.

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ah. The trailer shows Shishido with long hair.
This means this match between Akutagawa and Marui was just before the prefecturals.
At that time we had only seen 2 of Fuji's counters...

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok, so to get the Volume 2 of Another Story II, I or one of you guys must buy it and upload it? :( bye bye $60 USD

MochiRoll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Have you already watched it? Is it somewhere online? I haven't been able to find the episodes anywhere.
I haven't.

Somebody in the tenipuri lj community got the dvd and post screencaps from the episode and shared what's going on.

IIRC, the first volume got raws after a week of its release. So, perhaps, we'll have to see it by this week.

wakabayashy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
2subs have them :

:

ENJOY!! :D Hopefully we'll be able to get our greedy hands on the AS II vol2 RAWs soon and start subbing them as well :3 (though I must admit, I'm not really looking forward to seeing Chitose... but that's another story for another time...)

DNAkapula

Reaction score
Country
Finland
2subs have them :
We don't. I was just expressing how impatient I felt after seeing screencaps from the Marui/Jirou episode; and that hopefully I'd find the RAWs for subbing purposes asap.

(Oh and that's 2se-subs, btw)

wakabayashy

Reaction score
Country
France
We don't. I was just expressing how impatient I felt after seeing screencaps from the Marui/Jirou episode; and that hopefully I'd find the RAWs for subbing purposes asap.

(Oh and that's 2se-subs, btw)
oh sorry ^^;

---------- Post added November 11, 2011 at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2011 at 12:06 PM ----------

http://ohmygodis.livejournal.com/3265.html?view=18881#t18881

here the link for the 2 OVA and the Chibi

credit goes to original uploader :)

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Finally :D! Thank you for giving us the links <3

Last edited:

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Just saw the two episode.

The Marui/Jirou ep is bearable. But the Wings of Kyushu ep was full of huh? moments

Kenya returned Abare Dama *facepalm*

Tachibana and Chitose played doubles together even after the “Abare Dama completion” incident and Chitose achieved Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami during that unofficial match against Shiraishi and Kenya *HEADDESK*

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kenya returning Abare Dama was impressive, but I was like WTF when Chitose achieved Saiki, also unlocking it was a bit of fail because it can't be used on doubles, yet he predicted the point.

But overall, it was a good episode

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kenya returning Abare Dama was impressive, but I was like WTF when Chitose achieved Saiki, also unlocking it was a bit of fail because it can't be used on doubles, yet he predicted the point.
When he used it against Tezuka/Inui, it would have worked even if Inui had actually played (according to Watanabe anyway). In other words, Zaizen was what made it unpredictable, so it's somewhat plausible that he could use it with Tachibana.

Of course it's nonsense that he archieved it during that match.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
When he used it against Tezuka/Inui, it would have worked even if Inui had actually played (according to Watanabe anyway). In other words, Zaizen was what made it unpredictable, so it's somewhat plausible that he could use it with Tachibana.

Of course it's nonsense that he archieved it during that match.
Yeah, I thought that he achieved it when he unlocked Muga, and showed it first time against Tachibana. What I don't get is why he got it in that match because he unlocked it when he was studying Muga

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, I thought that he achieved it when he unlocked Muga, and showed it first time against Tachibana. What I don't get is why he got it in that match because he unlocked it when he was studying Muga
What do you mean exactly? He was able to use Muga prior to playing Tachibana, but archieved Saiki during that match.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh no. I havent watched it yet, but besides the ridiculous Saiki Kanpatsu being ''revealed'' despite it being ACTUALLY revealed with Seigaku as audience to the Tachibana VS Chitose, is it a good ep?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I mean that I thought that he achieved Saiki after that match, when he went to Shiten

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I mean that I thought that he achieved Saiki after that match, when he went to Shiten
Too lazy to search for the pages, so I'll just quote FET here, since their information is usually accurate:

Ever since Chitose attained Muga no Kyouchi, he spent a lot of time researching the technique and learned that there are three doors beyond Muga. Although he was able to open one of the doors, he was unable to gather enough courage to step through that door until the match against Tachibana.
So yeah, that's correct. Dunno why the OVA screwed up there.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Its a shame the OVA company did that. Has the Akutagawa VS Marui been seen yet? Did they make that encounter completely non-canon?

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Its a shame the OVA company did that. Has the Akutagawa VS Marui been seen yet? Did they make that encounter completely non-canon?
All these recent matches from the OVAs are completely non-canon. As far as I know, as for these OVA goes, the only somewhat canon here is the young Atobe episode. It was just short and ended just before the supposed match between Atobe and Oshitari begins.

See it here.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Nah Atobe and Oshitari have that match.

Why cant Kirihara as a 1st year be considered as canon? It didnt clash with the storyline.

Neither did Seigaku's 1st year ep.

And the spoiler shows Akutagawa and Marui's ep. to no clash with the storyline.

What about the SeigakuxShitenhoji training arc?

If they didnt clash with the storyline then why cant they be considered canon?
Unless the rule is that it is only canon if its in manga form.