Discussion - Princes Burial Chamber room | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Princes Burial Chamber room

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
So, to me this is one of the things I most looking forwarded to finding out what it does. And why there's exactly 14 coffins instead of 13 does the King intend for all his children to die? Or does he intend to die for his great Kakin empire? Hopefully we learn more about in these batch of chapters. My guess is at least whoever users this chamber will get a mega powerful Nen Beast. But the question is that all the winner will receive?

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I don't see Togashi like the type of writer that will create a Cell kind of enemy just for the sake of it. Unless it has a super deeper meaning and he planned some crazy way of dealing with it. The thing is, he already did that with Meruem.
Maybe i'm wrong and he proves again that you CAN'T predict Togashi, lmao

I hope it's just part of the ceremony and nothing more.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There are 14 coffins because each one is assigned to a prince or Nasubi himself is supposed to die after. He can't possibly want the death of all his children since this ceremony is to pick his successor.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe the actual emperor of Kakin is always the same entity. Like, let's say, it's named Nasubi but in reality, is the first Emperor that has the vase technique done in order to live forever and consume the ability of their children.

So the ritual is to find the strongest host.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Maybe the actual emperor of Kakin is always the same entity. Like, let's say, it's named Nasubi but in reality, is the first Emperor that has the vase technique done in order to live forever and consume the ability of their children.

So the ritual is to find the strongest host.
I get the feeling this part of the Succession War is unique to this generation of Princes. Like maybe Nasubi had Beyond and his crew make it?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The first emperor becoming the host of his descendants doesn't work IMO. It would mean he is currently in Nasubi's body and his thoughts don't fit.

Plus he made the urn so that they would have a strong ruler, he wasn't worried about himself. It's Post-mortem Nen. If he came back to life then the urn ceremony would no longer work.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just playing with the idea, not saying that would happen. BUT:
The first emperor becoming the host of his descendants doesn't work IMO. It would mean he is currently in Nasubi's body and his thoughts don't fit.

Plus he made the urn so that they would have a strong ruler, he wasn't worried about himself. It's Post-mortem Nen. If he came back to life then the urn ceremony would no longer work.
It could be a post-mortem of the first emperor to revive him, just like Hisoka. We are seeing a lot of these techniques, so maybe Togashi is foreshadowing it.

So, the first emperor had a technique (The vase) that after his death kept working, transferring the will and mind of the emperor to a new body with all the Nen accumulated (And maybe all the beasts with all the actual techniques of the princes). We have seen a lot of princes already that have this "collaborative" kind of technique, which makes me wonder if it's not also foreshadowing. The first prince has the "if you die when being loyal to me I get your technique" or the third prince with the coins or even Morena with that virus. This ritual could have the same basis.

That would make Nasubi train of thought work, even the mysterious looks that He gave at the dinner.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
As long as it comes into play somehow (assuming we get that far in the arc).

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
As long as it comes into play somehow (assuming we get that far in the arc).
It definitely will but I doubt all the Princes will end up in coffins. I can see Woble and 4th prince living beyond it being used. But with 12 Princes and probably Nasubi someone still gonna receive a massive power up.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
It definitely will but I doubt all the Princes will end up in coffins. I can see Woble and 4th prince living beyond it being used. But with 12 Princes and probably Nasubi someone still gonna receive a massive power up.
Yeah, we still don't know if Nasubi was able to recover Kacho's body.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Most importantly to the recent chapters, I think we now have the location of the hidden ritual chamber. Hinrigh is going to find it. The chances are Morena is not located in a room secreted away so thoroughly. I get why everyone would assume it is the mafia, but it probably isn't Morena's hideout.

Also, I wonder if Morena maybe somehow joined the legitimate princes successfully and does in fact have a nen beast. It isn't impossible I don't guess, though Nasubi has yet to mention any irregularities with the jar's transfer. But I assume anybody of his bloodline who puts blood into it would get in. There's likely no way for nen to discern who or what are lawful heirs or not. Biology is almost assuredly what matters. Especially if, say, all legitimate princes died in a random series of events prior to the war. Then illegitimate offspring would be chosen straight away for sure to participate instead.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think this is not a succesion contest and all of the Princes are intended to die.

Think about it. Nasubi Hui Guo Rou is a dictator. He just made his country join the V5, turning them into V6, he plans on colonozing new land on a large island outside the known world, he plans on having Beyond explore the actual dark continent, possibly hoping for treasure and more glory for Kakin.

Yup, he is at the height of his power. Why would he want to give it away now? He can always make new children, he is very good at it. He also doesn't look that old, like maybe in his 60s.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think this is not a succesion contest and all of the Princes are intended to die.

Think about it. Nasubi Hui Guo Rou is a dictator. He just made his country join the V5, turning them into V6, he plans on colonozing new land on a large island outside the known world, he plans on having Beyond explore the actual dark continent, possibly hoping for treasure and more glory for Kakin.

Yup, he is at the height of his power. Why would he want to give it away now? He can always make new children, he is very good at it. He also doesn't look that old, like maybe in his 60s.
Then what is the point? We have also seen Nasubi's inner thoughts. They don't make sense if he isn't looking for a successor. Nasubi himself won the previous one.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Then what is the point? We have also seen Nasubi's inner thoughts. They don't make sense if he isn't looking for a successor. Nasubi himself won the previous one.
Probably to create a Nen Beast strong enough to conquer the DC. I do think think this room is unique to this SW.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
But he DID say he is a participant. I'll bet there is a clause in the Succession War and ceremony whereby, if the King is not too old to reproduce (and thus hold a second SW when his end truly comes) he can simply hold a first Succession War where he participates, and thus gains a massive power boost from sacrificing so many of his children... it fits. Assuming that is his goal. But it works because, if he does die, a greater king is born. If he wins, he was the best after all suited for the throne, and can try again later with a new brood...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But he DID say he is a participant. I'll bet there is a clause in the Succession War and ceremony whereby, if the King is not too old to reproduce (and thus hold a second SW when his end truly comes) he can simply hold a first Succession War where he participates, and thus gains a massive power boost from sacrificing so many of his children... it fits. Assuming that is his goal. But it works because, if he does die, a greater king is born. If he wins, he was the best after all suited for the throne, and can try again later with a new brood...
Honestly don't see how it fits. If Nasubi wants to stay king then he made things more complicated for himself by empowering his kids with Nen Beasts instead of simply killing them.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Honestly don't see how it fits. If Nasubi wants to stay king then he made things more complicated for himself by empowering his kids with Nen Beasts instead of simply killing them.
Not if he wants even more power.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
There are surely simpler ways to get more power.
Pretty sure Nasbui wants enough power to conquer the DC. Pretty sure this whole Succession War is to create a powerful enough Nen Beast and host to to conquer the DC.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I agree with uber this is way too complicated. Even if Nasubi could somehow get more power via his kids's death I don't see how it would be particularly helpful.

Kakin gets more resources and more fame from the exploration. What would he even do with a stronger Nen Beast? Unless it gets revealed that Nasubi is some kind of expert fighter(very unlikely) I don't see the benefits. Plus it's not like the DC can be conquered simply by defeating opponents.