Discussion - Rank #1: GERMANY (do they live up to the hype?) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Rank #1: GERMANY (do they live up to the hype?)

Aside from Volk, Who impressed you the Most Among German Reps?

• Tezuka

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Bertie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bismarck

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • QP

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since, I made one For Spain. I will make one for Germany too. Who is ranked #1 officially. And champion for the last 17 versions of U17 WC.

In my opinion, they are a top 8 heavy team. So they rely heavily on 8 guys.

I will rank them from Strongest To Weakest. And then explain how good they are.

**1. Volk** - Probably the strongest (or tied with Medanore and Byodoin) Hser in the Tourney. A Professional Player. Able to beat World #1. Extreme Skills such as infinte loop, whirlpool, and volknado. Very Strong Base Tennis

**2. QP**- He became #2 when he unlocked his Ultimate Aura which made Oni's POP + Kijin looks like a Joke compared to that aura. Very Strong Base tennis

**3. Bismarck**- Original #2 before QP unlock Ultimate Aura. Almost Unbeatable Tiebreak Game. Excellent Service Game. Very Strong Base Tennis.

**4. Tezuka** - Ultimate Zone, Tezuka Zone, Tezuka, Phantom, Zero shiki serve, Zero shiki drop, zero shiki lob. TNK/POP on top of that. Strong Base Tennis.

**5. Bertie** - Tennis AI. Able to counter Niou's Illusion of Byodoin, Camus, Noah, Zeus, etc in 2 or 3 games maximum. A Professional Player. Strong Base tennis like his brother Volk.

**6. Siegfried** - TNK User. That's it. Hahaha. Jk. He is same level as akaya. He even won his matchup against Akaya.

**7. Dankmar** - Honestly, what did he show individually, besides from being Big. He is like the Choji (Naruto Anime) if NPOT. Lol.
He have some Service Ace though. But Bertie kinda carries him in their doubles ngl. He is also a Pro Player.

**8. Frankensteiner**- Almost put him at 7. But I gave Dankmar the nod cause of being a Pro. Frank will maybe improve to be stronger if QP statement of "Frankensteiner will be the new Germany Star" is really a fact statement. But right now, yeah he is the weakest among Germany's Top 8 Players.

What do you think?

Do you think they live up to expectation?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think they did live up to expectation. Japan played against them using almost the best they had, and even then barely barely won (...thanks in part for dumb stuff like the Pro Doubles pretty much gifting the first set away).

The way you list them, they are really strong. There's probably a gap in talent after them, though, since Sieg is the second best MSer academy product and before TnK he's not that impressive. Same can be said about QP imo who didn't stand a chance against TnK Oni. So mystery HS#5 and mystery MS#5 might be considerably worse than what Japan and Switzerland have to offer (which, in turn, is supported a bit by Volk needing to scout non academy players so that Germany can win this year).

Siegfried unlocked Synchro with Bismarck and a Howling that breaks pairs on top of it. Alone he's not that good (he's not Akaya level at all, probably closer to a Kaji) but they might had turned into strongest pair in the tournament.

Same can be said about Dankmar. See him as a tool that allows Bertie to return pretty much everything and adapt extremely fast even when facing a tennis as complex as Camus'... and then they revealed they have a Howling that enhances Bertie, once again.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Overall, Germany was really strong and definitely felt like the top of the line. Japan fielded their top 4 HS and 3 Top-Tier MS.
Every match was close and both sides had to evolve midmatch to keep up with eachother.

Even Dankmar had a strong showing, he serves to assist Bertie in Data Gathering by using his large body to cover the area. I know the pro-doubledls usually get a lot of flack on here, but they had an incredible game. Shutting down Niou in rapid succession and only losing because Niou is insane and had Duke launch him.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think they did live up to expectation. Japan played against them using almost the best they had, and even then barely barely won (...thanks in part for dumb stuff like the Pro Doubles pretty much gifting the first set away).

The way you list them, they are really strong. There's probably a gap in talent after them, though, since Sieg is the second best MSer academy product and before TnK he's not that impressive. Same can be said about QP imo who didn't stand a chance against TnK Oni. So mystery HS#5 and mystery MS#5 might be considerably worse than what Japan and Switzerland have to offer (which, in turn, is supported a bit by Volk needing to scout non academy players so that Germany can win this year).

Siegfried unlocked Synchro with Bismarck and a Howling that breaks pairs on top of it. Alone he's not that good (he's not Akaya level at all, probably closer to a Kaji) but they might had turned into strongest pair in the tournament.

Same can be said about Dankmar. See him as a tool that allows Bertie to return pretty much everything and adapt extremely fast even when facing a tennis as complex as Camus'... and then they revealed they have a Howling that enhances Bertie, once again.
Yeah. We can conclude they are top 8 heavy. Proved by the fact that they are planning to use same 7/8 Players in QF, SF, and Finals.

Lol. You are not really that impressed with QP before his Ultimate Aura. Haha. I guess he is weaker than Bismarck before unlocking that.

Volk, Bismarck, Tezuka, Bertie for me are strong though. Genius 5 Level. Or even better. (ADD UA QP)

Dankmar is very weak FOR A PRO imo. I think even Mouri or Ochi can beat him 1 V 1. Lol

And as you said Siegfried and Frankensteiner are not weak. But not also very strong

In the Siegfried Flashback. The nextbest Mser during tryouts after Sieg and Frank (who both have 36-0 record before they faced of) is BARNABAS WOLF with like 20 wins.

**Conclusion: Germany have strong top 8 guys. And then big gap of talent after that**
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Overall, Germany was really strong and definitely felt like the top of the line. Japan fielded their top 4 HS and 3 Top-Tier MS.
Every match was close and both sides had to evolve midmatch to keep up with eachother.

Even Dankmar had a strong showing, he serves to assist Bertie in Data Gathering by using his large body to cover the area. I know the pro-doubledls usually get a lot of flack on here, but they had an incredible game. Shutting down Niou in rapid succession and only losing because Niou is insane and had Duke launch him.
Their top 5 is excellent (Volk, QP, Bismarck, Tezuka, Bertie)

Their top 6-8 is very good (Dankmar, Siegfried, Frankenstenier)

After that. Its A giant gap in talent. Their Next best player is Barnabas Wolf (you can find him in wiki) who can only have 20-15 record during tryouts of germany

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah. We can conclude they are top 8 heavy. Proved by the fact that they are planning to use same 7/8 Players in QF, SF, and Finals.

Lol. You are not really that impressed with QP before his Ultimate Aura. Haha. I guess he is weaker than Bismarck before unlocking that.

Volk, Bismarck, Tezuka, Bertie for me are strong though. Genius 5 Level. Or even better. (ADD UA QP)

Dankmar is very weak FOR A PRO imo. I think even Mouri or Ochi can beat him 1 V 1. Lol

And as you said Siegfried and Frankensteiner are not weak. But not also very strong

In the Siegfried Flashback. The nextbest Mser during tryouts after Sieg and Frank (who both have 36-0 record before they faced of) is BARNABAS WOLF with like 20 wins.

**Conclusion: Germany have strong top 8 guys. And then big gap of talent after that**

Their top 5 is excellent (Volk, QP, Bismarck, Tezuka, Bertie)

Their top 6-8 is very good (Dankmar, Siegfried, Frankenstenier)

After that. Its A giant gap in talent. Their Next best player is Barnabas Wolf (you can find him in wiki) who can only have 20-15 record during tryouts of germany
Iirc Siegfried played against... South Africa? Despite losing his spot to Tezuka. But yes they mostly kept the same players.

Edit: (it was against Canada in top 8, Frankensteiner played South Africa).

It's not about not being impressed but he would had likely lost to anyone in the G5 before he unlocked it (maybe he was around TnK Irie, the 6th in Japan?). Meanwhile Switzerland has Kuraraga who is, at worst, a bit under Amadeus (Pro level).

We didn't see a whole lot of Dankmar to make a conclusion, it was kind of Bertie's show (much like how it was Niou's in Japan's side, Duke got sidelined pretty hard, and yet we knew Duke was very strong).

Yeah Siegfried pretty much walked all over the other MSer reps and then stood no chance against Frankensteiner.

To be fair, the first time we saw Siegfried play he ate a Duke Homerun and only hit a single ball after that, so we can't tell how strong he was. Thinking about it again, in his flashback vs Kirihara he managed to keep long rallies against Tezuka even before changing playstyles, which is a pretty great feat. Yukimura needed data and 2 upgrades (Nitoryu and no senses tennis) to do the same. So, being 3rd behind Sieg isn't bad, really.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Iirc Siegfried played against... South Africa? Despite losing his spot to Tezuka. But yes they mostly kept the same players.

It's not about not being impressed but he would had likely lost to anyone in the G5 before he unlocked it (maybe he was around TnK Irie, the 6th in Japan?). Meanwhile Switzerland has Kuraraga who is, at worst, a bit under Amadeus (Pro level).

We didn't see a whole lot of Dankmar to make a conclusion, it was kind of Bertie's show (much like how it was Niou's in Japan's side, Duke got sidelined pretty hard, and yet we knew Duke was very strong).

Yeah Siegfried pretty much walked all over the other MSer reps and then stood no chance against Frankensteiner.

To be fair, the first time we saw Siegfried play he ate a Duke Homerun and only hit a single ball after that, so we can't tell how strong he was. Thinking about it again, in his flashback vs Kirihara he managed to keep long rallies against Tezuka even before changing playstyles, which is a pretty great feat. Yukimura needed data and 2 upgrades (Nitoryu and no senses tennis) to do the same. So, being 3rd behind Sieg isn't bad, really.
Sucks that we didnt see tatsuta play. when he is hyped to be as strong as amadeus.

Actually, Peter might be Genius 5 level too. He was able to dominate japan #6 Ohmagari.

and actually dominating Alan before hopkins exposed his injury.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Sucks that we didnt see tatsuta play. when he is hyped to be as strong as amadeus.

Actually, Peter might be Genius 5 level too. He was able to dominate japan #6 Ohmagari.

and actually dominating Alan before hopkins exposed his injury.
Might as well open a Switzerland thread lol.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
For me they really are the strongest. You have Volk who can own anybody in the tournament except for possibly Ryoga and Medanore (Byo had to win because of plot but if they played again he won’t win). After their match too, Byo was practically dead and Volk still standing and could go on and on, his stamina is limitless. On top of that, Volknado can destroy any player if they let their guard down instantly, it’s practically impossible to counter.

QP even before his U.Aura was impressive, he took a set from Oni and dominated him until the latter achieved TnK.His base tennis is exquisite and on top of that with U.Aura he can dominate pretty much everybody in Japan (except for Byodouin and maybe Tokugawa after his final match).

Bismarck is also a monster, he’s their No.2 for a reason. He beat Tane up to the point he had to achieve an upgrade to turn the tides, alao he’s unbeteable on Tiebreaks.

Tezuka no need to say, he’s broken. It felt like he still had something hidden vs Yuki, and didn’t play at his best until the final stages of the match where he completely outplayed him. His U.Zone also shocked QP, which speaks volumes of how strong this new zone is.

Siegfried is strong as a doubles player, with Bismarck he achieved so far the most broken Howling we’ve seen yet. Without Akaya unlocking his big upgrade and their perfect timing with the reciprocal void they would have lost.

Bertie also shined too and shut down quickly the copies of players like Camus and Zeus, albeit they weren’t the real thing, I don’t think they were too far off from their real strength. He can practically shut down anything with the proper data. I would have loved if Duke unveiled his Kijin in this match, but I’m sure Bertie would have countered it quickly. Not to say to much with Dankmar, he has a really strong serve but that’s it, he can dynamax himself but didn’t live up to the hype.

I gotta say, Spain’s Msers (Romeo, Seda and Ryoga) definitely are much, much stronger than Germany’s ones (except for Tezuka and maybe Bertie). We already know how dangerous Romeo is, Seda did also startle Zeus, and Ryoga so far is the most broken player of the tourney (Not counting Medanore’s double personality).

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
For me they really are the strongest. You have Volk who can own anybody in the tournament except for possibly Ryoga and Medanore (Byo had to win because of plot but if they played again he won’t win). After their match too, Byo was practically dead and Volk still standing and could go on and on, his stamina is limitless. On top of that, Volknado can destroy any player if they let their guard down instantly, it’s practically impossible to counter.

QP even before his U.Aura was impressive, he took a set from Oni and dominated him until the latter achieved TnK.His base tennis is exquisite and on top of that with U.Aura he can dominate pretty much everybody in Japan (except for Byodouin and maybe Tokugawa after his final match).

Bismarck is also a monster, he’s their No.2 for a reason. He beat Tane up to the point he had to achieve an upgrade to turn the tides, alao he’s unbeteable on Tiebreaks.

Tezuka no need to say, he’s broken. It felt like he still had something hidden vs Yuki, and didn’t play at his best until the final stages of the match where he completely outplayed him. His U.Zone also shocked QP, which speaks volumes of how strong this new zone is.

Siegfried is strong as a doubles player, with Bismarck he achieved so far the most broken Howling we’ve seen yet. Without Akaya unlocking his big upgrade and their perfect timing with the reciprocal void they would have lost.

Bertie also shined too and shut down quickly the copies of players like Camus and Zeus, albeit they weren’t the real thing, I don’t think they were too far off from their real strength. He can practically shut down anything with the proper data. I would have loved if Duke unveiled his Kijin in this match, but I’m sure Bertie would have countered it quickly. Not to say to much with Dankmar, he has a really strong serve but that’s it, he can dynamax himself but didn’t live up to the hype.

I gotta say, Spain’s Msers (Romeo, Seda and Ryoga) definitely are much, much stronger than Germany’s ones (except for Tezuka and maybe Bertie). We already know how dangerous Romeo is, Seda did also startle Zeus, and Ryoga so far is the most broken player of the tourney (Not counting Medanore’s double personality).
Yep. Aside from Antonio Medanore

Spain's asset are their Msers.

Maybe Mars can prove us wrong though

Might as well open a Switzerland thread lol.
I will

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Japan vs Germany probably are strongest team vs team fight in the whole NPoT.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
GERMANY

OLD: VOLK, QP, BISMARCK, DANKMAR

NEW: TEZUKA, BERTIE, SIEGFRIED, FRANK

Guys, Do you think the New younger Germany Players will reach or surpass the Current Old Graduating German Players?When they reach the same age. (Remember they are like 3 years pf development apart)

WIll Tezuka Surpass Volk?

Will Bertie Surpass QP?

Will Siegfried Surpass Bismarck?

Will Frank Surpass Dankmar?

Or Germany will be inevitably weaker next WC?

I mean if Japan will have a serious Buff next WC. So is for their opponents

Germany is full of Base Tennis Specialists.
Maybe because that is how Volk train them.

When Volk is training Tezuka. Volk never ever teach any techniques on Tezuka. Not even one. All he did was to improve Tezuka's stamina, posture, mentality, etc.

Bismarck, their original #2 in a perfect example of Base Tennis can compete against Hax Tennis. He was able to compete against tricky players like Fuji, Tanegashima, and Romeo. Bismarck Doesnt have any hax. In fact, his most non basic techniques are Spinless Sway and Kick Serve which not really tricky.

QP is literally a Base Tennis God too before he unlocked his UA. Base QP > Base Oni as we saw in the first set of their match. And we all know how strong Base Oni is.

Bertie and Dankmar too. The Doubles pro.

Funny thing is their most tricky players are the young ones such as Tezuka, Siegfried, and Frankensteiner. Lol

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even then, Siegfried justvhas TnK and Frankensteiner just has high accuracy. Tezuka and Volk are the only one using multiple Hax techniques.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Prediction for Germany Msers in the future? (When they are 3rd yr Hsers already)

So, same age as 17 yrs old.

Will Future Tezuka Surpass Current Volk?

I think so, Tezuka is a Future Wimbledon Champion. He should be stronger than Volk for Germany to be a threat next world cup.

Will Future Bertie Surpass Current QP?

No, I don't think so. UA QP level is too much for Bertie to achieve even after 3 years.

Will Future Siegfried Surpass Current Bismarck?

Hot take. I don't think so. But maybe he can if he starts being humble and work on his game a little bit more. I will lean towards Bismarck in this one though.

Will Future Frankensteiner Surpass Current Dankmar?

Yes, 100%. Frankensteiner is a future Germany Star according to QP himself.
Dankmar is very easy to surpass from what weve seen. All he can do is expand and dynamax himself. Which leaves his between the legs an opening for opponent to exploitm
Frank will def surpassed Dankmar imo.

kaibaman

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, really strong team

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes, really strong team
Thinking About it. Almost all of them are Genius 5 level or above.

Volk and UA QP are Top Tiers

Bismarck is G5 same level as Tane.

Tezuka is Genius 5 level too imo. And even Bertie imo.

Dankmar is 50-50 for me. But he doesn't show much. He have the weakest performance among Germans in Semis

Siegfried and Frankensteiner are likely Genius 8-10 level

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Thinking About it. Almost all of them are Genius 5 level or above.

Volk and UA QP are Top Tiers

Bismarck is G5 same level as Tane.

Tezuka is Genius 5 level too imo. And even Bertie imo.

Dankmar is 50-50 for me. But he doesn't show much. He have the weakest performance among Germans in Semis

Siegfried and Frankensteiner are likely Genius 8-10 level
Q.P almost can beat G5, except Boss and probably Tokugawa. also I think Ralph and Amadeus are on better situation.
I still have my doubts if he is better than Bismarck, or Tane. We all know that Tane is #2 while Oni is #5 though numbers are just numbers yet still very considerable. we know Q.P is strong but, how is it going to work against Tane or Bismarck? they have their own ability to counter Q.P's.
Tane is the strongest wall in Japan. TNK can be countered and you can expect to work against top player for a whole match!
I wish Konomi-San could have show us more infrom about that, like Q.P stat before and after UQ.
I think fair to say Q.P might have slightly better than them. but still behind Amadeus and Ralph.
... Bertie is a bit different he is double speceality, you can't expect him to be good at singles. with realiable partner he has this freedom and space to do whatever he wanted. without partner that he used to play with, he will be in trouble.
Elmir? no he is not G10, nor Kirihara. It was Tohno who taught him to use his 13th exccutions yet it was half good. and still lose.
I don't want to talk about Dankmar, but being giant and filling baseline was a good thing that he did for Bertie plus his strong serve and vision that he can send to his partner in howling times. he is good to be honest. Konomi-San really give all the stage to MSers in this. more than it needed.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Q.P almost can beat G5, except Boss and probably Tokugawa. also I think Ralph and Amadeus are on better situation.
I still have my doubts if he is better than Bismarck, or Tane. We all know that Tane is #2 while Oni is #5 though numbers are just numbers yet still very considerable. we know Q.P is strong but, how is it going to work against Tane or Bismarck? they have their own ability to counter Q.P's.
Tane is the strongest wall in Japan. TNK can be countered and you can expect to work against top player for a whole match!
I wish Konomi-San could have show us more infrom about that, like Q.P stat before and after UQ.
I think fair to say Q.P might have slightly better than them. but still behind Amadeus and Ralph.
... Bertie is a bit different he is double speceality, you can't expect him to be good at singles. with realiable partner he has this freedom and space to do whatever he wanted. without partner that he used to play with, he will be in trouble.
Elmir? no he is not G10, nor Kirihara. It was Tohno who taught him to use his 13th exccutions yet it was half good. and still lose.
I don't want to talk about Dankmar, but being giant and filling baseline was a good thing that he did for Bertie plus his strong serve and vision that he can send to his partner in howling times. he is good to be honest. Konomi-San really give all the stage to MSers in this. more than it needed.
Adamska, Ultimate Aura crushed TnK like a bug, who in turn is stronger than Tanegashima.

He would destroy Tane even more than he did with Oni.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Adamska, Ultimate Aura crushed TnK like a bug, who in turn is stronger than Tanegashima.

He would destroy Tane even more than he did with Oni.
I don't think that Oni is stronger than Tane, that aside Tane's tennis is gives him some advantages compared to Oni.
He is #1 as a defensive player.
Japan uses Oni who was 10 in power but he was out of balance that's why ended up with injury. His grip strength is as same as Tokugawa who couldn't counter Volk's shot while Tane stated: He could have returned it. Ohmigari is well balanced player too.
Bismarck who is number 2 was slightly better than him, though Q.P become stronger but before that we don't know how much their gap was.
Bismarck might have been stronger, still.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think that Oni is stronger than Tane, that aside Tane's tennis is gives him some advantages compared to Oni.
He is #1 as a defensive player.
Japan uses Oni who was 10 in power but he was out of balance that's why ended up with injury. His grip strength is as same as Tokugawa who couldn't counter Volk's shot while Tane stated: He could have returned it. Ohmigari is well balanced player too.
Bismarck who is number 2 was slightly better than him, though Q.P become stronger but before that we don't know how much their gap was.
Bismarck might have been stronger, still.
He ended up injured because QP’s serve broke his wrist due to the tremendous power it had. Volk would have defeated Tanegashima even if the latter can nullify Wirbeltaufe, it doesn’t matter if he can return it because he would end up losing.

Tane and Oni tied every time they played but I’m sure the latter wasn’t using TnK or Kijin maybe.

Byodouin pointed out Oni was their strongest man, I’m sure he can beat Tane at this point. Ultimate Aura QP would beat Tane handidly.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
He ended up injured because QP’s serve broke his wrist due to the tremendous power it had. Volk would have defeated Tanegashima even if the latter can nullify Wirbeltaufe, it doesn’t matter if he can return it because he would end up losing.

Tane and Oni tied every time they played but I’m sure the latter wasn’t using TnK or Kijin maybe.

Byodouin pointed out Oni was their strongest man, I’m sure he can beat Tane at this point. Ultimate Aura QP would beat handidly.
I am still amazed how UA QP power really outclasses ONI even if the latter have 10 in strength.

SO I think by some Miracle, UA QP have 15 in Power stat. Lmao

He really broke his arms.

AS for Bismarck, His Biggest feats were playing evenly against Duke and Fuji in 1 V 2. Also acing Tanegashima Twice with his Kick Serve. And returning his Mu.
Not to mention QP implied he didnt need a tie break to beat Romeo in their practice match. and Bismarck is Mr. Tiebreaker.