Discussion - Re-write the Alvarez Arc | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Re-write the Alvarez Arc

Would you change the Alvarez arc?

• Not at all

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Minorly

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Moderately

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • Majorly

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Completely

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Honestly I wanted to see alot of Different characters go all out. Some of these fights could have been done gorgeously.

What happened to Minerva's Demon powerup she got in the Tartarous arc?

Before the powerup she could do spells like this:

I wish we could have seen a better showing of Neo Minerva powers. She feels so nerfed this arc. Like what was the point of giving her a powerup if we didn't see it in action.

Without a doubt I feel like Erza should have used her Nakagami Armor against a Spriggan for majority of the fight:

I mean it is an armor with a powerful sword that can dispel Magic. I mean it would be the perfect armor to use against a Spriggan.

Kagura's Unsheathed Sword. It was a really destructive sword that has been downplayed this arc.

Not to mention her gravity Magic.

Lucy Celestial Spirit King Summoning should have happened this arc also:

I also would like to See Capricorns magic. Do he still posses Human Subordination

So I would change the battles to be:

Lucy vs Dimaria: Lucy summons the CSK to battle it out with Dimaria while Lucy uses Human Subordination to merge with Chronos and make Dimaria her Subordinate.

Erza vs Serena: Erza use Fire empress, Water Empress, Wind God and Lancer to negate his Dragon Lacrima spells. Takes him out with Nakagami.

Neo Minerva vs Jacob: Battle of the Spacial users. Have her use an upgraded 18 War God battle spell to take him out. Siphon his power away with the Spell she used on Millana.

Mirajane vs Bradman: Use her Etherious Takeover to battle Bradman Etherious powers before using her Takeover power to take him over.

Wendy vs Azir: Healing magic heals him from Azir Dehydration magic. Her wind and enchantments allows her to keep up Azir.

Lucy/Mirajane/Minerva/Kagura/Wendy vs Irene
I could see Lucy vs DiMaria if she was somehow able to negate her time magic without sacrificing anothet key.

No Erza vs Irene? :P

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It's been awhile but I gave my ideas on the Avatar arc (basically reworking it and making it darker with more foreshadowing for Alvarez and having more interaction between the mains).

With Alvarez itself.... I would have made Anna the villain and not Zeref with the 12 Spriggans based on the 12 zodiac that she lost 400 years ago or something.

Would have made Zeref a string puller in Alvarez and not the emperor.

Kinda how early naraku in inuyasha always used people to get what he wanted. I would make Zeref more manipulative like that. So secretly he was running Alvarez but not officially.

Instead of making Anna an immortal like Mavis and Zeref, I would have made her tied to the Heartfilia line. So as long as her offspring was living. She was alive.

Layla would have left Alvarez years ago which is why she had ties to Grammy and Brandish.

Not because Brandish was a random servant child who had Aquarius key. And Grammy and Layla were childhood friends until Layla ran away. Which in the process accidentally killed Granny. Which would make Brandish somewhat vengeful..... I would have her love Anna who she owes her allegiance to and Zeref.

And while Zeref was after fairy heart. Anna would have sent Brandish to get Lucy's keys. And yukinos. Enter Sorano who save Some yukonos life.

Because while Zeref wants to use FH. Anna would want to use her own plan which would involved the keys.

And would have made those two heavy weights at odds instead of the meaningless August and Irene's death glare.

Now I would have started the arc with fairy tail team A and B entering Alvarez. Just not together.

Have them stir up trouble which would be used to caue a war "Fiore invaded us!!" But really Zeref was just looking for a way to unify the nation into a war.

I would have had the weaker spriggans be at the capital which are the ones sent out to deal with ft. While the heavy weights like Irene and August be actually rulers in Alvarez. A bit like sinbad's 7 seas alliance.

Azir would have been sent to group B and fought Gajeel, Levy and Juvia. Cuz honestly these two never interact. Bradman or Larcade would have bailed Azir out...... wounding Juvia (foreshadowing Gray fighting one of those demons) after Juvia and Gajeel and Levy would have had good showings against Azir.

I would have had Dimaria timestop Team A and have Natsu reacting to it which would foreshadow END. As oppose to his arm randomly reacting to Brandish.

Team A would also meet with more CS memebers in alvarez including Sho and Walley and Cobra. Because news flash...... that's where Zeref is....... -.-

Laxus would be coming on Blue Pegasus ship with Mira and Thunder legion. For the rescued Gajeels team part. While Jellal and Meredy would have rescued Natsu's team.

Would have used Gemini to infiltrate the castle with Mest and for Anna and Zeref to see Natsu and Lucy.

While they heading home in Alvarez. Would have had August track down and fight Gildarts right off the bat. To take out Fairy tails strongest. Brandish would have gone with Marin to fight Sabertooth for a yukinos keys.

The start of the war would have had a Hitler type of speech from Alvarez and then a whole chapter of Alvarez invading Fiore. Wharl being in charge don the airships while we would get to see Irene destroy Bosco by herself instead of GS.

The GoI would be shitting themselves as they looked at the news. When suddenly into their meeting walks GS and Azir.

Azir would have beat Warrod who while strong is basically a support wizard. Because one of warrods goals since tartaros is to fight deserts.

Jura would be in Lamina scale. Cuz he has better characterization with Lyon and Chelia than fodder gods.

Would have had GS fight Hyberion and Wolfheim to demonstrate his superiority to the others. Hyberion would die but Wolfheim escape and give his most powerful beast souls to Elfman. Who would fight Azir along with Mira. Get hurt in battle and have Mira release ultimate hell-is-way-hotter-than-lowly-desert Queen soul. For demon queen vs Desert king get Battle.

Would have had bradman fight Gray eventually. And would have had bradman torment gray mentally about knowing about END. So Gray would have to make a decision to kill bradman to save Juvia or learn about END. Gray would of course choose Juvia but would be mentally distraught over not learning about END. Foreshadowing a decent into madness so when he meets a Larcade in battle. Larcade corrupts him to go after Natsu with some weird life control magic.

August could still be Mavis and zerefs son but have him fight mavis.

Lucy would of course eventually fight Anna but she would have had a good showing against Jacob first without Cana helping her instead of Natsu. And leaving out the virgin eyes. Also wouldn't get a unison raid of Glitter and Urano metria. Can't you see those chants being used in unison ?

And in Anna vs Lucy. Lucy would have to fight Aquarius. Plus Anna would not be limited to keys. Having both star dresses and celestial
Body magic like Jellal. Recreating weird version of Erza vs Jellal and Erza vs kinghtwalker for Lucy. Lucy would break all her keys summoning CSK but also getting a zodiac fused star dress so she could fight with him. (Drooling)

Jellal, Erza, Wendy and CS would fight Irene with Wendy eating now poison to become the poison-sky slayer. Erza would have also had the crying slash moment of Kagura before Jellal and Wendy and Cobra would hit Irene with some weird dragon infused Celesrial sky dragon Deus triple Sema attack.

Jura would fight GS. Almost die but Laxus would save him. Looking back on their gmg battle.
And Gajeel would help Laxus because dragon slayers should fight other dragon slayers it also would parallel Natsu and Gajeels fight against Laxus himself. Cementing that Laxus and Gajeel are awesome and have come so far.

Natsu fight Larcade and Zeref and later Acnologia.

Neinhart and his historia would fight sabertooth and Lamina scale. With Minervas father coming back along with Sting and rogues dragon parents. Making them...... Have to fight skiadrum and weislogia. Which means all that talk of killing heir parent in gmg would have actually foreshadowed them killing them in Alvarez. And Kagura would kill Simon and defeat Neinhart before saying "Guess mermaids have to save tigers too."

Also would give that first badass design to neinhart instead of the fruitcake design.

Gildarts vs Brandish would have happened. After Gildarts lost to August at beginning. We would have had crash vs brandishs shrinking and enlarging attacks.

Dimaria would have beat Erza. But Wendy saves her. Then dimaria vs Ultear, Lyon, Wendy, Chelia. Weird team but Lyon is protecting of Wendy and Chelia since Wendy was in LS plus Lyon would have been connection for Ultear to come since we get literally no interaction between Ultear and Lyon.

Makarov could have still died using fairy law. But make it more epic where all the kids found out. Especially Natsu.

Acnologia would not have been I. This arc until very end......... and kills people.

Then have Anna/Lucy's battle create a wormhole that sends everyone important back in time which would be the next arc and final arc. Which would lead to all those events from 400 years ago being explained and explain the painting of someone fight Acno and why Igneel didn't not appear on tenrou. And Anna's backstory, Irene's Acno. Cuz those stories didn't belong here. Have in the past Lucy beat Anna (showing Lucy is strongest celestial mage) but Anna killed/ frozen by Gray who covers the entire mountain in ice (the one Irene turned into flowers). Because Anna basically was a demon.... with a curse power connected to Heartfilia clan.

Have all stuff I talked about happening in the past. Lucy setting up the book that was left. Have it be her book and not Anna's that Layla read to open eclipse gate.

Natsu fight Igneel and teach him to love.

Past Anna fight Mard in past. Break her key and start being corrupted by power. Also have her curse herself to her children's line.

Have Lucy get left in the past to send people into future but get cursed. While Mavis dies freeing Zeref from his curse.

Natsu goes insane on Zeref when they get back. Because Lucy pulled a Sieg hart and got stuck in past.

And END would have awakened but not as a demon. But as an evil demon dragon. The Dragon of Curses who would have fought The Black dragon of the apocalypse

To fight Acnologia.

Have Zeref sacrifice himself. In a way that allows Natsu to live which makes Natsu snap out of his evil mode.

Have Lucy be immortal but have her be what Acnologia has been guarding in his cave a story he know she END will eventually come for her even if he has to wait 400 years.

Have Acno vs Natsu 2.0 but with Natsu being weaker because he's not hate driven. So have Gray and Mira who use curse type magic come help him. Have the other dragon slayers come and help him to provide openings. Even Erza with Acno repellent armor come to help.

Have the ending having Natsu wake Lucy with a curse. Cliche but it would be in contrast to Zeref killing Mavis with a kiss or arc or whatever.

Lucy be cursed to kill life like Zeref but Natsu is a demon so he can walk with her. The two that can walk beside each other.

Epilogue
Natsu and Lucy go on to find all the keys around the world before giving them to Yukino.

Guilds become disbanded and Fiore and Alvarez become trading partners. Laxus and Erza sit on the wizard council seas along with Jellal and Jura and Sting and Ichiya and Kagura.

CS is free.

That would be a badass wizard council.

Ships become canon. Wendy and Chelia grow up to become life partners.

Lucy writes a book about fairy tail and her meeting Natsu.

Natsu and Lucy eventually settle down on Tenrou. With the promise of eternal adventures and the knowledge that one day when they are tired of life..... Natsu will kill Lucy with his curse power and then himself. Cuz Natsu is immortal like wh demons and Acno/Irene (still can be killed by mortal wounds and suicide).

The celestial spirits visit them. So does the fairy tail members occasionally but they have to keep their distance.

Mavis and Zeref and August and Makarov and Yuri and Hades appear on the island through the tenrou tree as fairies.....

Becaus fairies. Are the people that you love. And they live inside your heart.

The END

Last edited:

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
It's been awhile but I gave my ideas on the Avatar arc (basically reworking it and making it darker with more foreshadowing for Alvarez and having more interaction between the mains).

With Alvarez itself.... I would have made Anna the villain and not Zeref with the 12 Spriggans based on the 12 zodiac that she lost 400 years ago or something.

Would have made Zeref a string puller in Alvarez and not the emperor.

Kinda how early naraku in inuyasha always used people to get what he wanted. I would make Zeref more manipulative like that. So secretly he was running Alvarez but not officially.

Instead of making Anna an immortal like Mavis and Zeref, I would have made her tied to the Heartfilia line. So as long as her offspring was living. She was alive.

Layla would have left Alvarez years ago which is why she had ties to Grammy and Brandish.

Not because Brandish was a random servant child who had Aquarius key. And Grammy and Layla were childhood friends until Layla ran away. Which in the process accidentally killed Granny. Which would make Brandish somewhat vengeful..... I would have her love Anna who she owes her allegiance to and Zeref.

And while Zeref was after fairy heart. Anna would have sent Brandish to get Lucy's keys. And yukinos. Enter Sorano who save Some yukonos life.

Because while Zeref wants to use FH. Anna would want to use her own plan which would involved the keys.

And would have made those two heavy weights at odds instead of the meaningless August and Irene's death glare.

Now I would have started the arc with fairy tail team A and B entering Alvarez. Just not together.

Have them stir up trouble which would be used to caue a war "Fiore invaded us!!" But really Zeref was just looking for a way to unify the nation into a war.

I would have had the weaker spriggans be at the capital which are the ones sent out to deal with ft. While the heavy weights like Irene and August be actually rulers in Alvarez. A bit like sinbad's 7 seas alliance.

Azir would have been sent to group B and fought Gajeel, Levy and Juvia. Cuz honestly these two never interact. Bradman or Larcade would have bailed Azir out...... wounding Juvia (foreshadowing Gray fighting one of those demons) after Juvia and Gajeel and Levy would have had good showings against Azir.

I would have had Dimaria timestop Team A and have Natsu reacting to it which would foreshadow END. As oppose to his arm randomly reacting to Brandish.

Team A would also meet with more CS memebers in alvarez including Sho and Walley and Cobra. Because news flash...... that's where Zeref is....... -.-

Laxus would be coming on Blue Pegasus ship with Mira and Thunder legion. For the rescued Gajeels team part. While Jellal and Meredy would have rescued Natsu's team.

Would have used Gemini to infiltrate the castle with Mest and for Anna and Zeref to see Natsu and Lucy.

While they heading home in Alvarez. Would have had August track down and fight Gildarts right off the bat. To take out Fairy tails strongest. Brandish would have gone with Marin to fight Sabertooth for a yukinos keys.

The start of the war would have had a Hitler type of speech from Alvarez and then a whole chapter of Alvarez invading Fiore. Wharl being in charge don the airships while we would get to see Irene destroy Bosco by herself instead of GS.

The GoI would be shitting themselves as they looked at the news. When suddenly into their meeting walks GS and Azir.

Azir would have beat Warrod who while strong is basically a support wizard. Because one of warrods goals since tartaros is to fight deserts.

Jura would be in Lamina scale. Cuz he has better characterization with Lyon and Chelia than fodder gods.

Would have had GS fight Hyberion and Wolfheim to demonstrate his superiority to the others. Hyberion would die but Wolfheim escape and give his most powerful beast souls to Elfman. Who would fight Azir along with Mira. Get hurt in battle and have Mira release ultimate hell-is-way-hotter-than-lowly-desert Queen soul. For demon queen vs Desert king get Battle.

Would have had bradman fight Gray eventually. And would have had bradman torment gray mentally about knowing about END. So Gray would have to make a decision to kill bradman to save Juvia or learn about END. Gray would of course choose Juvia but would be mentally distraught over not learning about END. Foreshadowing a decent into madness so when he meets a Larcade in battle. Larcade corrupts him to go after Natsu with some weird life control magic.

August could still be Mavis and zerefs son but have him fight mavis.

Lucy would of course eventually fight Anna but she would have had a good showing against Jacob first without Cana helping her instead of Natsu. And leaving out the virgin eyes. Also wouldn't get a unison raid of Glitter and Urano metria. Can't you see those chants being used in unison ?

And in Anna vs Lucy. Lucy would have to fight Aquarius. Plus Anna would not be limited to keys. Having both star dresses and celestial
Body magic like Jellal. Recreating weird version of Erza vs Jellal and Erza vs kinghtwalker for Lucy. Lucy would break all her keys summoning CSK but also getting a zodiac fused star dress so she could fight with him. (Drooling)

Jellal, Erza, Wendy and CS would fight Irene with Wendy eating now poison to become the poison-sky slayer. Erza would have also had the crying slash moment of Kagura before Jellal and Wendy and Cobra would hit Irene with some weird dragon infused Celesrial sky dragon Deus triple Sema attack.

Jura would fight GS. Almost die but Laxus would save him. Looking back on their gmg battle.
And Gajeel would help Laxus because dragon slayers should fight other dragon slayers it also would parallel Natsu and Gajeels fight against Laxus himself. Cementing that Laxus and Gajeel are awesome and have come so far.

Natsu fight Larcade and Zeref and later Acnologia.

Neinhart and his historia would fight sabertooth and Lamina scale. With Minervas father coming back along with Sting and rogues dragon parents. Making them...... Have to fight skiadrum and weislogia. Which means all that talk of killing heir parent in gmg would have actually foreshadowed them killing them in Alvarez. And Kagura would kill Simon and defeat Neinhart before saying "Guess mermaids have to save tigers too."

Also would give that first badass design to neinhart instead of the fruitcake design.

Gildarts vs Brandish would have happened. After Gildarts lost to August at beginning. We would have had crash vs brandishs shrinking and enlarging attacks.

Dimaria would have beat Erza. But Wendy saves her. Then dimaria vs Ultear, Lyon, Wendy, Chelia. Weird team but Lyon is protecting of Wendy and Chelia since Wendy was in LS plus Lyon would have been connection for Ultear to come since we get literally no interaction between Ultear and Lyon.

Makarov could have still died using fairy law. But make it more epic where all the kids found out. Especially Natsu.

Acnologia would not have been I. This arc until very end......... and kills people.

Then have Anna/Lucy's battle create a wormhole that sends everyone important back in time which would be the next arc and final arc. Which would lead to all those events from 400 years ago being explained and explain the painting of someone fight Acno and why Igneel didn't not appear on tenrou. And Anna's backstory, Irene's Acno. Cuz those stories didn't belong here. Have in the past Lucy beat Anna (showing Lucy is strongest celestial mage) but Anna killed/ frozen by Gray who covers the entire mountain in ice (the one Irene turned into flowers). Because Anna basically was a demon.... with a curse power connected to Heartfilia clan.

Have all stuff I talked about happening in the past. Lucy setting up the book that was left. Have it be her book and not Anna's that Layla read to open eclipse gate.

Natsu fight Igneel and teach him to love.

Past Anna fight Mard in past. Break her key and start being corrupted by power. Also have her curse herself to her children's line.

Have Lucy get left in the past to send people into future but get cursed. While Mavis dies freeing Zeref from his curse.

Natsu goes insane on Zeref when they get back. Because Lucy pulled a Sieg hart and got stuck in past.

And END would have awakened but not as a demon. But as an evil demon dragon. The Dragon of Curses who would have fought The Black dragon of the apocalypse

To fight Acnologia.

Have Zeref sacrifice himself. In a way that allows Natsu to live which makes Natsu snap out of his evil mode.

Have Lucy be immortal but have her be what Acnologia has been guarding in his cave a story he know she END will eventually come for her even if he has to wait 400 years.

Have Acno vs Natsu 2.0 but with Natsu being weaker because he's not hate driven. So have Gray and Mira who use curse type magic come help him. Have the other dragon slayers come and help him to provide openings. Even Erza with Acno repellent armor come to help.

Have the ending having Natsu wake Lucy with a curse. Cliche but it would be in contrast to Zeref killing Mavis with a kiss or arc or whatever.

Lucy be cursed to kill life like Zeref but Natsu is a demon so he can walk with her. The two that can walk beside each other.

Epilogue
Natsu and Lucy go on to find all the keys around the world before giving them to Yukino.

Guilds become disbanded and Fiore and Alvarez become trading partners. Laxus and Erza sit on the wizard council seas along with Jellal and Jura and Sting and Ichiya and Kagura.

CS is free.

That would be a badass wizard council.

Ships become canon. Wendy and Chelia grow up to become life partners.

Lucy writes a book about fairy tail and her meeting Natsu.

Natsu and Lucy eventually settle down on Tenrou. With the promise of eternal adventures and the knowledge that one day when they are tired of life..... Natsu will kill Lucy with his curse power and then himself. Cuz Natsu is immortal like wh demons and Acno/Irene (still can be killed by mortal wounds and suicide).

The celestial spirits visit them. So does the fairy tail members occasionally but they have to keep their distance.

Mavis and Zeref and August and Makarov and Yuri and Hades appear on the island through the tenrou tree as fairies.....

Becaus fairies. Are the people that you love. And they live inside your heart.

The END
Holy cow, that would have been so great. Now I'm wishing that we would have gotten this rather than the trainwreck we have right now...

Why couldn't you have replaced Mashima :emocat

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I would have made Anna the villain and not Zeref
:-_-:bnah:8C
Writing me out of the main villain and inserting yourself? :3c How cute :facepalm
Jokes aside however, an evil Heartfilia? Would that even work with their personality? I remember a similar discussion came up around the time of Brandish's backstory, where some people were suggesting that if Layla had been the one to kill Grammi, that would have been more interesting since it would make Lucy question what she really knew about her mother.
Wasn't this in one of your fics once? :XD The Tenrou thing anyway, but props for the unique premise ending :)

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Holy cow, that would have been so great. Now I'm wishing that we would have gotten this rather than the trainwreck we have right now...

Why couldn't you have replaced Mashima :emocat
If I wrote/drew a shonen, would you read it lmao?

:-_-:bnah:8C
Writing me out of the main villain and inserting yourself? :3c How cute :facepalm
Jokes aside however, an evil Heartfilia? Would that even work with their personality? I remember a similar discussion came up around the time of Brandish's backstory, where some people were suggesting that if Layla had been the one to kill Grammi, that would have been more interesting since it would make Lucy question what she really knew about her mother.

Wasn't this in one of your fics once? :XD The Tenrou thing anyway, but props for the unique premise ending :)
Well having Zeref pull the strings and be manipulative as oppose to just being there for..... Zervis..... Plus having him and Anna be at war. Showing tension between their plans as oppose to just fighting Natsu........ yeah.....

I like how out of everything..... You mention about a Heartfilia as a villain. We had Edolas Lucy as a badass and Jude Heartfilia originally was a villain. You could mesh those personalities for Anna. Cuz she wasn't Saint like Layla or young/innocent like Lucy.

And thanks...... that's one of my two endings. The other being Natsu and Lucy die and they become the fairies while Levy published Lucy book which is her adventures in fairy tail and Old Laxus is reading it to the children of the guild (ship children) at the end. And you see Natsu and Lucy at the doors just like the two fairies holding the doors from
Chapter 2.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Realistically tho

A small change that could have benefited the arc would be to combine characters

Like InVel, August, and Larcade could have been one character. A loyal follower of Zeref who knew about END that had Larcade a design and was secretly Zerefs son. Who corrupted Gray, fought Sting and Gildarts and lost to Mavis. Would have made a more rounded character.

Combine Wharl and Neinhart instead of making the historia of the dead..... make it part of wharls weakness robots and make them super efficient fighters.

Make GS more prominent. And keep all other characters the same.

just have less bad guys who fought multiple times and maybe make their leutinents stronger

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
To me Hiro could have connected Lucy to many different characters. He should have only picked one. Wasn't a fan of the Brandish/Lucy connection.

With Dimaria they could have used Lucy's connection to 10/12 zodiac keys. The 12 Zodiac keys open a doorway through time. If Dimaria was to get her hands on them she could control time completely.

With Serena they could have introduced Draco and Hydra. Serena would want the keys to become Stronger than Acnologia. Draco would posses the Celestial Element which is Aether and Hydra was a 9 headed dragon. Thus Hydra would have possessed 9 different elements. Thus he would have the power to defeat Acnologia.

With Nienheart they could have used Crux and Stellar Memory. Nienheart Magic is Histoire of the dead. Stellar memory has recorded history of the stars since the beginning which is billions of years. With that he could summon some of the first mages and strongest mages to ever exist.

I don't know I just feel like Hiro could have have Lucy a better connection to the Spriggan 12 than Brandish.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I've recently started continuing my big "rewrite the alvarez arc" stuff but today I thought I would explore how I'd change the Irene fight a bit and what happens after.

Now, Irene's fight was actually one of the few fights in the Alvarez arc I'm somewhat happy with, even with the poor treatment. Irene was a twisted character, and I like that about her (as well as other things :kappa ) so there's not much I'd change about the fight apart from her showing off some Dragon Slayer magic (not just the dragon form), like I'd have Irene using a Sage Dragon's Roar for example.

After the fight is where I really want to focus on though, as I think there was more Hiro could've played on in terms of Irene being twisted and deep down actually loving her daughter. So, you have Acnologia arrive and he goes straight to Irene, who is laid out on the ground dying (note she isn't dead yet). Wendy murmurs Acnologia's name as she stands there, terrified and Acnologia gives his speech and right before he goes to stamp Irene to her death, he says something along the lines of "Now to make an example of you to the runt who weilds Dragon Slayer magic". He stamps on Irene once, laughing as Irene coughs up blood and Erza yells "Stop!", surprising even herself by saying that word. Acnologia yells "Silence!", casting an explosion where the girls stood.

Acnologia begins to laugh again, thinking they're dead and he turns around to look at whether is anything left, but what he sees is Jellal now in-front of him who blocked the attack with his barrier magic. Both Erza and Wendy are shocked to see Jellal saved them, but they dare not say more than Jellal's name as he stares down with Acnologia who seems annoyed his attack was somehow blocked. Irene, on death's door, turns her head to look at the situation and sees that her daughter was saved by him, and she slowly raises her right hand towards Jellal and says "Please... protect my daughter..." before her body and Jellal's both begin to glow as all of her remaining magic power is given to Jellal while she enchants him so his abilities will be temporarily enhanced.

After the successful transfer, Jellal's body begins to radiate intense magic power, and Acnologia, Erza and Wendy all look over to Irene whose hand drops to the ground and her head rolls to the side after she mutters "Erza... live...". Erza, taken back by what her mother just did, says "Mother..." before Acnologia says "Stupid woman, that won't help the-". Acnologia gets pushed back a few meters by Jellal who blasted him with magic and quickly continues to attack the Dragon King with Pleiades which Acnologia avoids most of, and then Jiu Leixing which is a direct hit, but Acnologia eats the second attack saying that magic doesn't work on him. Jellal, recalling what Irene told him via telepathy as she passed on his magic, says "Oh, but I have something that will work on you!".

Jellal whips off his jacket, and on his right arm is a marking of a dragon and it begins to glow brightly as he once again prepares to attack. "With the Dragon Slayer magic and my own, I shall save Erza and Wendy!" Acnologia quickly lunges at Jellal who avoids using Meteor and flies up into the sky, and as Acnologia turns his head to follow him Jellal brings his hands together and casts a variation on Grand Chariot, which he calls "Sage Dragon's Grand Chariot". The attack hits Acnologia, and Acnologia uses his arm to wave away the dust that surrounds him in the large crater and we see that he's been scratched from the attack. Acnologia, now fuming enters his Dragon Form and says "Damn that woman! How dare she brings about the likes of you damaging me, the Omega Dragon!" Erza steps back, scared for her life as she now fully recognizes Acnologia as being far stronger than when he attacked Tenrou island, and as Jellal urges her and Wendy to go, Wendy enters Dragon Force and vows to fight alongside Jellal, to which Jellal replies "No! He'll kill you!" and Wendy says "But he'd try and kill you too, and I don't want you to die!" to which Erza agrees and vows to help them in any way she can.

Acnologia says that their resistance is pointless and that they'll soon be dead when Ichiya aboard Christina flies into the area, and says they should get aboard the ship and lead Acnologia away from here. Christina fires her magic cannon at Acnologia to cause a distraction, and the three of them begin to head towards Christina when the Dragon quickly gathers himself and begins to reach for them. Jellal uses meteor and gets Erza and Wendy onto the ship before yelling at Ichiya to take off, saying he'll be on board in a moment. Christina ascends into the air along with Acnologia, and the trimens exclaim that there's nothing in their weaponry that could even scratch Acnologia when Jellal says "Get away from here!". The sky opens up as he poses, casting Sema. "I won't let Erza die!" Jellal states as the magic radiating off him continues to intensify and the ground begins to rumble. A massive meteor hurtles down towards Acnologia, and just before it hits Acnologia, Jellal yells the name of the spell: "Sage Dragon's Deus Sema!"

We get panels across Magnolia, from Natsu and Zeref fighting to the FT members around the city who all stay close to the ground as some buildings collapse from the tremendous shaking the attack caused. We then cut to Christina, and from it's high altitude we see a massive crater that Jellal's spell created with Acnologia looking small as he lays in the middle of it. Jellal flies up to Christina as he looks down and sees the dragon laying motionless, and when he gets into the ship everyone inside it stare at him, impressed by his feat and Erza looks down to the floor, thinking it was thanks to her mother that they were even able to damage Acnologia. Acnologia slowly begins to come to, obviously feeling the massive impact and we see him scratched and bleeding a tiny bit in his Dragon form. "We best be off to that destination" says a voice, and Christina begins to fly away as Acnologia slowly takes to the air and begins to give chase, still shaken from the attack but seeking nothing more than Jellal's absolute destruction for what he did to him.

I think I'll leave the re-write of that scene there for now, as it's where Anna then reveals herself and tells a bit of their story and how they plan to defeat Acnologia. I'll add more as the story progresses if I feel that there's a need but for now I'm personally satisfied with my take on it.

Ilikeyou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would change August and Irene fights to have to taking out by more powerful oppenents. I would have August get taking by all the strong male mages(GOI, gildart,jellal,laxus) has a team. I would have Irene get taking out by acno in a epic battle between the too. I would also changes some of the other fights but these first.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm not even going to try go as in depth as some of you guys have gone into while re-writing the story *hats off* ,but I just want to skim over some aspects.
  • Less Spriggans: If I could have my way in this arc I would probably say that eight Spriggans would have been more than enough, I would say that six would have been ideal. That way the Spriggans could have been much more fleshed out in terms of back stories. In my opinion, without changing the Spriggans Mashima has established, I would have the 6-8 Spriggans be:
    • August the Magic King: Keep his backstory as the son of Zeref, add some foreshadowing, flesh out his fights instead of letting him wipe out groups like Crime Sorciere to hype him up. Let him show more leadership as the Spriggan General instead of staying towards the sides.
    • Irene the Scarlet Despair: I probably wouldn't change much with Irene, except I would have gotten rid of her interactions with the Fiore royalty (it was unnecessary), except I would've made sure that when she lost to someone, it would have been someone with a legitimate reason, not Erza with an Enchanted sword...
    • God Serena the Hybrid Theory: Add some backstory as to why he betrayed Ishgar and why he wanted to take down Acnologia. In this I'm going to assume Serena didn't come back and fight Gildarts the way he did because I'm cutting Neinhart from the Spriggan 12. Would have let God Serena get an extra fight of the GoI before he gets blitzed by Acnologia.
    • Dimaria the Valkyrie: I think the way Mashima handled Dimaria was fine, would have preferred if we at least saw her short fight with half-baked END, just to see how the god of time Chronus would have done against END.
    • Larcade the "White Dragneel": I think it would have been better if Larcade was defeated by Sting if he had already beat someone prior to the fight, someone like Laxus who had already been injured by Wahl. And some foreshadowing that Larcade was a demon from the Books of Zeref would have added a layer to the plot.
    • Invel the Winter General: Instead of acting as Zeref's lapdog for the majority of his part in this arc I would have appreciated him getting his hands a bit more dirty. Would have been a perfect scene if Invel had indeed killed Juvia and a more fleshed out fight between him and Gray, instead of his ace in the hole being destroyed by Gray.
    • For the rest of the Spriggans I would have had them as the Lieutenants for each of the Spriggans, replacing the fodder squad leaders. And in this way they could give weaker Fairy Tail members a good fight without tainting the Spriggan name, but still having a certain amount of hype as they're not as weak as we'd think.
  • More meaningful deaths. I understand that Mashima wanted to take the story into the direction of a happy ending, but in war people die and with this in mind, a manga can still end happily. When I say I want people to die, I don't mean the way Makarov did. His death was abrupt, rushed and, if I were to be honest, far too late. If someone like Juvia had died to Invel's Ice Lock, I would have totally respected and liked that death, it would have given characters like Gray a driving force. And because this lack of death, Fairy Tail at this point has no sense of intensity and fear that every war story should have.
  • Power Gaps: This arc had far too large power gaps everywhere. The Fairy Tail guild is miles and miles ahead of all the other guilds, making the other guilds useless, which also means almost only Fairy Tail can beat the Spriggans. Not very interesting in a story perspective. And over the One Year time-skip, everyones gotten so strong that they're pulling shit out of their asses and just saying "I trained to acquire this power!1!".
  • This one's pretty self explanatory so it doesn't need a long explanation but more foreshadowing and less abrupt story developments. I'm talking about people like Anna randomly appearing although she has been in this world for quite a while. Even the revelation that August was Zeref's son and that Larcade was simply a Demon from Zeref's books. Foreshadowing adds up to a much more pleasant and engaging experience in a manga.
  • And if everyone hadn't already seen this coming then you're crazy but, No Power of Friends/Nakama and more logical fights. Now we all know about this because it's pretty been the reason why Fairy Tail fanbase and haters have been becoming so toxic, but ever since probably Tenrou, a lot of fights and speeches are simily Nakama based and suddenly in this universe, Nakama became a way people could win their fights *cough* Erza and Natsu *cough* And if someone shouldn't be able to win their fight within a logic perspective, then that person should simply lose the fight, not pull of some ass-pull and beat one of the strongest enemies...

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
why Yuri Dreyar is Dead??? so much wasted potential.... what Mashima has been thinking even freaking Anna Hertfilia appeared from somewhere???

God Serenea= is unknown 1.Wizard saint with 8 Dragon Slaying Lacrimas this was the perfect chance to introduce Yuri again..

1.Precht was Grimoire/Heart master
2.Warrod is 4. Wizard Saint
3.Makarov is Fairytail guild master
4.Laxus has been always strong but Yuri being stronger Lightning user makes a lot sense???

August=another wasted character hes Mavis son with Monsterous Magic power?? this is not good development

August was another good candidate for =Yuri Dreyar

1. August is old
2. Insane Magic Power ...
3. good opponent and Teacher for = Laxus still needs to learn his place and respect his great-grandfather...

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never got why some people act as though Fairy Tail couldn't have drastically increased their magic within year without it being BS. I personally always thought it was 100% possible.

Erza: Her magic comes from her weapons and armors. She could have easily acquired a powerful set of armors that easily let her jump up to Spriggan level. Hell if if was just a mission, it would have only took her about a month to Acquire this armor logically. Not that many people use reequip Knight so they wouldn't be looking for armors.

Lucy: Her magic comes from the keys she possesses. She could have easily acquired a powerful set of keys that were weaker than the Celestial King but yet stronger than the Zodiacs within no less than half a year if she truly wanted to. She also could have worked 8 hours a day, trained 6 hours a day and spent the rest of the time sleep if she wanted to. Thus as her magical power would have increased so would her spirits power. Thus she easily could have acquired Spriggan level power within a year.

Same with a lot of characters within the series. What it comes down to is the resources available to the mage. A year is more than enough time for characters to have DRASTICALLY increased their magical power.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I never got why some people act as though Fairy Tail couldn't have drastically increased their magic within year without it being BS. I personally always thought it was 100% possible.

Erza: Her magic comes from her weapons and armors. She could have easily acquired a powerful set of armors that easily let her jump up to Spriggan level. Hell if if was just a mission, it would have only took her about a month to Acquire this armor logically. Not that many people use reequip Knight so they wouldn't be looking for armors.

Lucy: Her magic comes from the keys she possesses. She could have easily acquired a powerful set of keys that were weaker than the Celestial King but yet stronger than the Zodiacs within no less than half a year if she truly wanted to. She also could have worked 8 hours a day, trained 6 hours a day and spent the rest of the time sleep if she wanted to. Thus as her magical power would have increased so would her spirits power. Thus she easily could have acquired Spriggan level power within a year.

Same with a lot of characters within the series. What it comes down to is the resources available to the mage. A year is more than enough time for characters to have DRASTICALLY increased their magical power.
I won't speak for other people on this, but for me, I didn't like it for three reasons. The first is that it increased their MP by way too much, the Spriggans were all hyped as basically unbeatable, but then we have scenarios like base Natsu two-shotting an enhanced Neinhart and Laxus being hyped as being able to casually one-shot Ajeel. I get that MP isn't the sole reason for stuff like this happening and that there are other factors in fights, but I do think it at least played a role.

The second reason I didn't like it is that there was only a massive increase for the mages of Fairy Tail. Sure, I get that they trained hard, but then what were other guilds doing? Surely doing jobs would yield some sort of gain strength wise? And while I get that it's typical for the MC's to get more of a boost than the other characters, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when Lisanna and Elfman can beat a Spriggan but Minerva and Rogue struggle with Historias. Again, I get there are other factors in fights, but like you said, MP is a large part as it's basically their resources.

The third reason I didn't like this is that the main cast seems to be inexhaustible now, and whilst for Erza this isn't exactly new, it just gets weird for me when some characters can go through a Spriggan fight, barely make it through that, and then continue to fight against another powerful opponent. Jellal is actually a pretty good example of this, as much as I love him I have no idea how he's gone from getting curbed by August (where he looked half dead) to distracting Acno. Natsu's a pretty big offender here too, he fought Jacob, went on to get cut up by enhanced Neinhart, then got frozen by Invel, followed this up by going partial E.N.D and fighting Gray, and yet he still had enough MP to spar with a casual Zeref and then use a DF FDKM spell against him. In comparison, Sting only had enough MP to just edge out Larcade, and even then he required Rogue's MP + element and had to enter a dual mode Dragon Force. And after this he was left on the ground completely exhausted. If you want to make it seem worse, you could just look at Rogue and Minerva, who were both left heavily tired after fighting mere Historias.

Overall, I get what you mean, them gaining that much MP is definitely possible, but the fact that none of the side guilds improved anywhere near as much makes it look like BS to me. It's a bit like a repeat of the GMG in that sense, where Tenrou Laxus managed to get to GMG Jura/Jellal level with three months of training, whilst Jellal had been fighting dark guilds for five years and Jura himself had been training for seven years (which must have been pretty intense given he was trying to surpass/get on the level of the GOI). The other thing that makes it look somewhat unbelievable is how it's allowed some people to stomp Spriggans, when said Spriggans were hyped up as monsters, it just killed Spriggan hype and made them look like trash, though I suppose this was more due to MP + a myriad of different factors. This is just my opinion though, I can see what you mean.

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Natsu's a pretty big offender here too, he fought Jacob, went on to get cut up by enhanced Neinhart, then got frozen by Invel, followed this up by going partial E.N.D and fighting Gray, and yet he still had enough MP to spar with a casual Zeref and then use a DF FDKM spell against him.
In Natsu's defense, he was unconscious for a considerable time following his fight with Gray and before his battle with Zeref.

Not a stretch to imagine he regained his MP within that period.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I won't speak for other people on this, but for me, I didn't like it for three reasons. The first is that it increased their MP by way too much, the Spriggans were all hyped as basically unbeatable, but then we have scenarios like base Natsu two-shotting an enhanced Neinhart and Laxus being hyped as being able to casually one-shot Ajeel. I get that MP isn't the sole reason for stuff like this happening and that there are other factors in fights, but I do think it at least played a role.

The second reason I didn't like it is that there was only a massive increase for the mages of Fairy Tail. Sure, I get that they trained hard, but then what were other guilds doing? Surely doing jobs would yield some sort of gain strength wise? And while I get that it's typical for the MC's to get more of a boost than the other characters, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when Lisanna and Elfman can beat a Spriggan but Minerva and Rogue struggle with Historias. Again, I get there are other factors in fights, but like you said, MP is a large part as it's basically their resources.

The third reason I didn't like this is that the main cast seems to be inexhaustible now, and whilst for Erza this isn't exactly new, it just gets weird for me when some characters can go through a Spriggan fight, barely make it through that, and then continue to fight against another powerful opponent. Jellal is actually a pretty good example of this, as much as I love him I have no idea how he's gone from getting curbed by August (where he looked half dead) to distracting Acno. Natsu's a pretty big offender here too, he fought Jacob, went on to get cut up by enhanced Neinhart, then got frozen by Invel, followed this up by going partial E.N.D and fighting Gray, and yet he still had enough MP to spar with a casual Zeref and then use a DF FDKM spell against him. In comparison, Sting only had enough MP to just edge out Larcade, and even then he required Rogue's MP + element and had to enter a dual mode Dragon Force. And after this he was left on the ground completely exhausted. If you want to make it seem worse, you could just look at Rogue and Minerva, who were both left heavily tired after fighting mere Historias.

Overall, I get what you mean, them gaining that much MP is definitely possible, but the fact that none of the side guilds improved anywhere near as much makes it look like BS to me. It's a bit like a repeat of the GMG in that sense, where Tenrou Laxus managed to get to GMG Jura/Jellal level with three months of training, whilst Jellal had been fighting dark guilds for five years and Jura himself had been training for seven years (which must have been pretty intense given he was trying to surpass/get on the level of the GOI). The other thing that makes it look somewhat unbelievable is how it's allowed some people to stomp Spriggans, when said Spriggans were hyped up as monsters, it just killed Spriggan hype and made them look like trash, though I suppose this was more due to MP + a myriad of different factors. This is just my opinion though, I can see what you mean.
As far as the Spriggan being hyped to be stronger than Fairy Tail that doesn't mean it was a fact. No one knew just how powerful FT had gotten after the 1 year time skip. Makarov was only going off of what he had seen from the Mages in battle. Makarov never saw Lightning Flame Natsu in action. Makarov never saw Aquarius Mode/Celestial Spirit King summoning from Lucy. He never saw Gray use DeS magic or Wendy go Dragon Force. So when someone like Makarov was assessing his members strength against the Spriggan 12 he wasn't assessing their full power just the power he knew about.

Also the other guilds probably did increase in power. However just because Sting/Rogue increased in power doesn't mean they would be Natsu level. Base Natsu overpowered them while they were in Dragon Force. Sting and Rogue have a long way to go to reach current Natsu level. SO even if they did increase they wouldn't be in Natsu's ball park. Lyon and Rufus were already slightly weaker or slightly stronger(In lyon case) to Gray. Once Gray got DeS magic he jumped up leagues above them. So even if they got stronger they still wouldn't be as strong as Gray. Erza with SO far exceeded Kagura and Minerva so same would apply here with them. Same with Lucy and Yukino. Same with Wendy and Chelia. SO more than likely they have gotten stronger.

Now if we are simply going by feats on how characters should perform than all characters get the short end of the stick even Fairy Tail members. Natsu should be way stronger than what he is right now.

After Second Origin Natsu should have been at this level:

After the 1 year Time Skip her should have been close to this level: Should have had a good grip of Dragon force at this point

Gray should have reached or been closer to this level after the 1 year time skip:

Lucy should be about 10x stronger than this currently with Aquarius power:

After the 1 year time skip Erza should have atleast been slightly if not more stronger than:

Same could also be said about Minerva, Kagura and Sting:

I hate how people act like the fairy tail guild got super powered up when in fact alot of them got nerfed and should have performed way better during their battles.

Gray should not have struggled nearly as much against Invel as he did. Not only was he immune to the cold thanks to his Ice make training but he could also eat Ice magic thanks to his DeS magic. He also showed the ability to mold other people's Ice.

Horologium should have had no problem protecting Lucy against Jacob's Spatial magic considering it was just building level when before Lucy Second Origin and 1 Year time skip powerup he protected her against Anima, a City level spatial attack.

Erza should have thrashed Nienheart with Nakagami considering all his Historia's are made up of Magic. Thus her sword should have been able to easily slice through them. Erza shouldn't have had nearly as much trouble against the Spriggans she faced. She could have done the same to Azir.

The only people among the Spriggan 12 that I could see giving a non nerfed Ishagr is, Irene and August.

OharaLibrarian

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Note: I know that there's another thread that talks about rewriting, but considering that this is something massive (it spands over 40 chapters for crying out loud!) it would unavoidably clog the other thread with it's continuous updates and comments and impair other users from talking about the general topic over there, so I decided to make it it's own thread.

What is the Alvarez Rewrite?

The Alvarez Rewrite is a project that sets out to fix the main issues found with the second half of the Alvarez Arc and provide a smoother and writing-wise improved experience. However, this rewrite isn't just one big wall of text: it involves re-editing the original manga pages, in order to create an experience where it feels like you are reading Mashima's work. With enough editing, line changing and rearranging, it's possible to give birth to entirely new scenes! Want Wendy to be useful and enchant Erza to help her destroy the meteor? It's possible! Want Gray to have proper motivations to fight E.N.D.? It's possible! Want Jellal to actually have a fully-fledged fight with August? It's possible! All of it can be achieved through the rewrite!

However, there's a few things to keep in mind. For one, I still want to follow Mashima's concept. The plotline is relatively similar, though there are a few new scenes and fights. I am, above all else, seeking authenticity: I want this to feel like something Mashima could've written. A lot of times I get requests like "Make my favorite character do awesome stuff!" or "please kill off my hated character", but you have to keep in mind that I want to address the general complaints with the arc, not people's personal wishes: I'm giving every character possible it's own deserved spotlight and development. I went through hundreds and hundreds of forum pages and discussions threads to gather what the major issues which each scene were and tried to see how I could rework them in such a way that they would be more enjoyable. You might not like every single change in here, but that's normal, as it's meant to cater to as many fans as possible.

Secondly, the changes are progressive. The rewrite starts off relatively similar, with just some tweaks, only to start changing more and more as it goes on, to end up with something quite different by the end. If we want to put it more bluntly, the worse the writing gets, the more changes are needed. The story spans from the gathering of the Twelve (around ch. 493) all the way to the current events and will continue till the end of the series.

And thirdly, I just want to make it clear, I don't want to come off as the savior of the story or anything. I don't want to pretend like Mashima's writing sucks and I'm so much better, I only did this project out of passion and respect for him. I would never have the creativity to imagine as many things as this man and without the original work, a rewrite like this would be impossible. This is just my take on the story, if it's better than Mashima's is up to you. I only did this because of my love for editing and Fairy Tail, which made me enjoy every second I spent on this project.

Finally, I want to give very special thanks to Kukollny, JavelinR, asaver, AjuAju and ChowderJF for their help with proofreading and opinions (especially the first three, who practically served as my editors), not to mention everyone else who has given me any sort of input and/or supported me. I couldn't have done this without you guys!
To start off, let's go with three full chapters! Since these are the chapters that change the least amount of things, let's get them out of the way, to get the story going. As for the release schedule, I was thinking of either doing one chapter per day or one every two days. Keep in mind that each chapter is between 20-30 pages and it's, in essence, content that you've already seen to a certain extent, so let me know what works better for you in this poll!
Every chapter will be added to this thread once it releases.
Each chapter will also include an optional afterword where the more general changes will be indicated, with the reasoning behind them explained. There's a lot more than what I tell here, but these are just the general, most important ones.
Six months in the making and hundreds of hours worth of thinking, discussing and editing… here we go! Hope you enjoy it!

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Really dude, congratulations for your work so far and coming up. I don't really know you, though i remember reading some of your posts, but my respect for you has grown a lot now. :hi
I'm sure this is going to be awesome, but please don't rush it by trying to please everyone. I'm mainly talking about the poll you proposed. Personally i voted for 1 chapter every two days, but that seems a lot to me. Do this on your free time and for your passion, don't feel forced to respect a schedule. What you're proposing is already a great amount of work, we can not ask more from you. Take your time.
I'll be following your work with interest, you can count on me :verily

Please tell me if i was wrong to write here, i don't know if you want this thread to be spammed. Like, can we talk about your chapters here, or in another thread?

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Really dude, congratulations for your work so far and coming up. I don't really know you, though i remember reading some of your posts, but my respect for you has grown a lot now. :hi
I'm sure this is going to be awesome, but please don't rush it by trying to please everyone. I'm mainly talking about the poll you proposed. Personally i voted for 1 chapter every two days, but that seems a lot to me. Do this on your free time and for your passion, don't feel forced to respect a schedule. What you're proposing is already a great amount of work, we can not ask more from you. Take your time.
I'll be following your work with interest, you can count on me :verily

Please tell me if i was wrong to write here, i don't know if you want this thread to be spammed. Like, can we talk about your chapters here, or in another thread?
Thank you very much, glad to hear that! :D

No worries about the chapters, I've already completed most of them. Basically the entire thing is done, I'm just missing the final touches, choices and proofreading in most of the chapters, which I'll do over the time they get released. As I said this is a project I've done over the past six months, I'm definetely not going to rush it. I've put as much care as possible into every single chapter to make them as good and refined as I can

And don't worry, anyone feel free to reply to this thread! Beyond posting new chapters I'll also update a full list of them in the first post, so that this thread can also be used to discuss the changes in each chapter and to let everyone give their thoughts on it, so feel free to talk away!

Globear

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Woowww!!!! I was a little doubtful but these aee absolutely amazeballs!!!!

I personally didnt think i could like this arc anymore then i originally did but just having the little bits of iffyness cleared up is amazing!

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 3

The majority of you chose one chapter every two days, so that's how we'll roll!
Last time the chapters were mostly about creating a proper opening to the rewrite, I'd say it's the single sequence that has been altered the least. This week though, we're starting off with a lot more changes!
@Takuan and @Globear , do you two (and anyone else interested) want to be tagged whenever I post a new chapter?
You can check all the available chapters of the rewrite at https://oharalibrarian.imgur.com/ ! Thanks for reading!