Discussion - Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread is for discussions about relationships, pairings, shipping etc.

Pr0teu5

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My list

Deku/Ochako
Todoroki/Yaoyorozu

Bakugo/Kirishima [For some reason I think that Kirishima is inspired by Yukio Mishima, which makes this doubly hilarious.]

Iida/Hatsumei
Jiro/Kaminari
Mirio/Hagakure (For the quirks)
Kendo/Tetsutetsu (Iron Fist)
Aizawa/Joke

avietar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, I think Bakugo and Uraraka are gonna end up together. Bakugo kind of has a thing for her, as I remember in the manga there was a page where he introduced the other characters and he was negative about all of them except for Uraraka, who he describes as 'Number one in sheer guts and roundness'. Nice, Bakugo. Out of all the female characters, Bakugo seems to hold her in the highest respect, and she respects him as well. I think something can blossom there.

Also, Jiro and Kaminari I can see together.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Honestly, I think Bakugo and Uraraka are gonna end up together. Bakugo kind of has a thing for her, as I remember in the manga there was a page where he introduced the other characters and he was negative about all of them except for Uraraka, who he describes as 'Number one in sheer guts and roundness'. Nice, Bakugo. Out of all the female characters, Bakugo seems to hold her in the highest respect, and she respects him as well. I think something can blossom there.
The denial of Uraraka's feelings for Deku never ceases to amaze me. I'm fairly sure that if we ever get to see Deku and Ochako's wedding and a timeskip to her holding a small baby-Deku, there's still going to be someone on the chapter discussion arguing that she'll probably end up with Bakugo.

Dayeye

Reaction score
Country
United States

Also, Jiro and Kaminari I can see together.

Just re-read that myself the other day, I believe it was in the joint training arc. He even had a negative intro for All Might, that says a lot. Idk though she really loves Deku and it seems to be mutual. But who knows, all's fair in love and war after all.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Just re-read that myself the other day, I believe it was in the joint training arc. He even had a negative intro for All Might, that says a lot. Idk though she really loves Deku and it seems to be mutual. But who knows, all's fair in love and war after all.
Does intro written by Kohei though? Anyway I dont think humorous introduction pages are good base for pairing lol. Kacchako is the most bizzare thing I have seen in last ten years. It literally based on nothing. About Deku and Ochako... Yeah they do seem like endgame but I wouldnt too hurry about that. I think Izumei can get good development in future.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The denial of Uraraka's feelings for Deku never ceases to amaze me. I'm fairly sure that if we ever get to see Deku and Ochako's wedding and a timeskip to her holding a small baby-Deku, there's still going to be someone on the chapter discussion arguing that she'll probably end up with Bakugo.
I'm not denying her feelings for Midoriya at all. I wasn't even talking about her feelings for him. At this point in the story she has a crush on him, but she is also actively trying to push those feelings aside and not let it distract her. I don't think we're gonna see any focus on relationships at all in the series though. But I don't think it's farfetched that Deku the hero is going to do the same thing as All Might and be married to his work and dedicate his life to saving people. In other words: I don't expect him to be a family man, despite the tons of Deku-children in the MHA fandom. Unless, of course, he loses the burden of OFA before the end of the series.

sho87

Reaction score
Country
United States
My list

Deku/Ochako
Todoroki/Yaoyorozu

Bakugo/Kirishima [For some reason I think that Kirishima is inspired by Yukio Mishima, which makes this doubly hilarious.]

Iida/Hatsumei
Jiro/Kaminari
Mirio/Hagakure (For the quirks)
Kendo/Tetsutetsu (Iron Fist)
Aizawa/Joke
This pairing won't happen. Hell I have trouble thinking any pairing will happen. But this is the most apparent one.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
This pairing won't happen. Hell I have trouble thinking any pairing will happen. But this is the most apparent one.
And pray tell, why do you think that?

Even though I'm suspicious of this pairing being a thing since they haven't had many interactions, I can't deny that it's a popular one amongst fans. Pairings are going to get together in this series, no question. The real question is which ones?

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
And pray tell, why do you think that?

Even though I'm suspicious of this pairing being a thing since they haven't had many interactions, I can't deny that it's a popular one amongst fans. Pairings are going to get together in this series, no question. The real question is which ones?
Shoto is hilariously awkward with girls (well, I guess with people in general), and he's super dim when it comes to flirting and relationships, so I don't actually see him involved with girls anytime soon. But if I had to think of anyone from our current cast that might end up with Shoto, I would say Momo. They both come from rich backgrounds, are from elite families, they share similar personality traits, they seem to like and respect each other, and they've had some 1 on 1 screentime together (though that doesn't say much, but still, they've already had on screen time where they develop a connection).

I'm not a TodoMomo shipper (or any shipper really) but I can see why they would make sense together.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Shoto is hilariously awkward with girls (well, I guess with people in general), and he's super dim when it comes to flirting and relationships, so I don't actually see him involved with girls anytime soon. But if I had to think of anyone from our current cast that might end up with Shoto, I would say Momo. They both come from rich backgrounds, are from elite families, they share similar personality traits, they seem to like and respect each other, and they've had some 1 on 1 screentime together (though that doesn't say much, but still, they've already had on screen time where they develop a connection).

I'm not a TodoMomo shipper (or any shipper really) but I can see why they would make sense together.
Have you ever heard of the term “Yamato Nadeshiko”? It’s used to traditionally describe the “ideal Japanese woman”. Momo happens to check all of the boxes, although she’s a somewhat downplayed trope. Given the Todorokis inclination to traditional Japanese culture, you can see why Shouto would be attracted to her both consciously and unconsciously.

Now with his secret blown out in the open, you wonder what her reaction would be like. Shouto’s the closest to Deku, Iida and her. I think, given how he’s helped her out with her issues in the past, she’d do everything she can to repay the favor this time by supporting him and giving him the love he needs. Either way, the three of them will help him through these tough times. I suspect Deku & Momo will do much of the heavy lifting with the whole class’ support.

Besides, it kinda makes sense we could get a big moment from them after this. After all, her best friend Jirou already got one with Kaminari, albeit indirectly.

Imagine a wholesome moment between them and either Bakugou or Deku sends them to Fuyumi. A depressed Fuyumi at work gets a message, and her eyes widen at this gorgeous girl having a sweet moment with him and she lets out an inhuman squeal which could be heard throughout the building. Her co-workers and the principal think she’s finally cracked.

I just want Fuyumi to be happy, okay?

ShadowSJG

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I want Tamaneji or at least some tease for it

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Deku and Uraraka will probably be a thing.

I'm enjoying Kaminari and Jiro stuff, but I think its one of those things that could or couldn't happen. Its clear that Kaminari cares for Jiro, but he actually has to express that to her.

If he doesn't, I think its possible they just remain really good friends while Jiro gets in with someone else maybe(probably out of the blue).

Out of the relationships on the show, Kaminari and Jiro is probably my favorite due it being something that feels like it naturally developed as opposed to being obvious from the get go. Out of the secondary cast of the classroom, Jiro and Kaminari are some of the characters with decent focus and character moments, and giving them a connection makes them more interesting as characters more generally because it gives both of them a character related plot line to resolve. Hope to see how their relationship as friends progresses into the future.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Deku and Uraraka will probably be a thing.

I'm enjoying Kaminari and Jiro stuff, but I think its one of those things that could or couldn't happen. Its clear that Kaminari cares for Jiro, but he actually has to express that to her.

If he doesn't, I think its possible they just remain really good friends while Jiro gets in with someone else maybe(probably out of the blue).

Out of the relationships on the show, Kaminari and Jiro is probably my favorite due it being something that feels like it naturally developed as opposed to being obvious from the get go. Out of the secondary cast of the classroom, Jiro and Kaminari are some of the characters with decent focus and character moments, and giving them a connection makes them more interesting as characters more generally because it gives both of them a character related plot line to resolve. Hope to see how their relationship as friends progresses into the future.
I think that what makes them appealing is their overall vibe. They’ve got that fun energy about them. If you’ve read Naruto, the comparison to ShikaTema can’t be missed.

But most of all—and I only realized this lately—they provide a nice foil/contrast to the other two straight ships of the series: Green Tea, and TodoMomo. Whereas the latter two carry some serious emotional baggage from the boys’ side, Kaminari has none of that. Aside from being the occasional dumbass. They’re the “normal” couple compared to the other two.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think that what makes them appealing is their overall vibe. They’ve got that fun energy about them. If you’ve read Naruto, the comparison to ShikaTema can’t be missed.

But most of all—and I only realized this lately—they provide a nice foil/contrast to the other two straight ships of the series: Green Tea, and TodoMomo. Whereas the latter two carry some serious emotional baggage from the boys’ side, Kaminari has none of that. Aside from being the occasional dumbass. They’re the “normal” couple compared to the other two.
Yeah I totally agree about it being a nice foil. The other characters have too much going on to be focused on a romantic sub plot. Kaminari on the other hand, not having that sort of baggage, could probably pursue Jiro as his romantic interest as his main plot line, since Kaminari hasn't really been shown to have any big goals or aspirations that would take precedence over pursuing a romantic interest. The same is sort of true for Jiro as well.

I think they're cute because they do openly have very cute character interactions together, while Deku and Uraraka are intentionally being reserved, and while I think Shoto and Momo could be a thing, I don't think either of them are going to pursue that sort of thing at the moment.

Despite being only friends, I'd probably wager that Ashido and Kirishima would probably do something before Momo and Shoto(since I don't think they've really got eyes for each other at the moment, at least not in the obvious way Jiro and Kaminari did, where they were consistently commenting on each other, and giving each other special compliments like back in the 1A v 1B showdown).

ScrewyU

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Todomomo is basically shot down to hell thanks to the art expo from hori last month. Hell fraking mineta(wid) has shipping hints more than shouto, i guess shouto is someone hori doesnt care to humanize to show a love interest for and sees him as a asexual foil sidekick to deku and bakugou like sai was for naruto. Poor shouto fans.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Todomomo is basically shot down to hell thanks to the art expo from hori last month. Hell fraking mineta(wid) has shipping hints more than shouto, i guess shouto is someone hori doesnt care to humanize to show a love interest for and sees him as a asexual foil sidekick to deku and bakugou like sai was for naruto. Poor shouto fans.
Bruh, hardly any of the characters have serious shipping interests. And Shoto is too much of a block head to fall for someone romantically, not to mention he has other more interesting stuff going on at the moment.

I think the only one saying his a "asexual foil sidekick" for Deku and Bakugo is you. BTW, Bakugo doesn't have any romantic interests either.

The only one with a real romantic interest is Deku.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Bruh, hardly any of the characters have serious shipping interests. And Shoto is too much of a block head to fall for someone romantically, not to mention he has other more interesting stuff going on at the moment.
:yodawg

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, still think Shoto is too much of a block head. Guy is thicker than a brick.
Doesn't mean Momo won't take an initiative.