Discussion - Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Doesn't mean Momo won't take an initiative.
Perhaps, but I think Momo has bigger things to worry about than crushing on Shoto.

My bets are still on Kaminari and Jiro and Uraraka and Deku going places(the latter of which being obvious).

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Perhaps, but I think Momo has bigger things to worry about than crushing on Shoto.
Not really, considering the amount of money her family have.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not really, considering the amount of money her family have.
I mean, in terms of getting over what happened to Midnight. That's probably more important to her emotionally.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I mean, in terms of getting over what happened to Midnight. That's probably more important to her emotionally.
That's a pretty good occasion to start a relations.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That's a pretty good occasion to start a relations.
Eh. I think Shoto is too focused on Dabi, and Momo is too focused on supporting the rest of the class, as well as her own grief.

I think we haven't gotten quite enough to really ship them TBH.

Like, I guess people have a low thresh hold, but they just seem like friends. Its not even as personal as Kirishima and Mina, and I don't really think those two are currently a good ship.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Lol, Hori really left the shippers in the mud. Aside from Uraraka and Deku, there has been pretty much zero shipping content for the last 50 chapters.

I was hopeful for Jiro and Kaminari to potentially go somewhere, but literally nothing has happened for nearly 100 chapters, so I think its fair for me to throw my arms up and give up on the only other student ship in class 1A that seemed like it could go anywhere before the end of the series.

I don't have hope in Hori doing anything with the student characters at all, much less doing something as niche as shipping.

Last edited:

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Considering that we’re on break this week, might as well drop a headcanon or two:

TodoMomo starring Jirou: When relationship problems arise, Jirou will absolutely threaten Shouto that she will hit the nuclear button if her patience has finally worn itself out. Calling Enji.

Jirou: Alright, Ice prick. If you don’t sort this out with Yaomomo, I. Will. Call. Endeavor.
Shouto: You can’t be serious.
Jirou: Do I look like I’m kidding? *readies her finger*
Shouto: How do you have his phone number anyways?
Jirou: Because, I saved his ass once, remember? Then he gave me his number if I ever needed it. Looks like a situation to me.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Considering that we’re on break this week, might as well drop a headcanon or two:

TodoMomo starring Jirou: When relationship problems arise, Jirou will absolutely threaten Shouto that she will hit the nuclear button if her patience has finally worn itself out. Calling Enji.

Jirou: Alright, Ice prick. If you don’t sort this out with Yaomomo, I. Will. Call. Endeavor.
Shouto: You can’t be serious.
Jirou: Do I look like I’m kidding? *readies her finger*
Shouto: How do you have his phone number anyways?
Jirou: Because, I saved his ass once, remember? Then he gave me his number if I ever needed it. Looks like a situation to me.
Lol, this thread really hasn't gone anywhere. Considering the setting of the story being a high school in Japan, its almost surprising the near complete lack of any notable side romances going on lol.

Still hanging out potentially for Kaminari and Jiro going somewhere, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still think that Mina and Kirishima have potential, but they'll probably just become better friends at the end of this. If by some miracle it does happen, I think it would be a more one sided affection. Maybe something happens in the war that makes Mina stop being a freaking shipper(which was stated to be because she had never actually been in love before), and actually falls for Kirishima somehow(which I don't think is terribly likely). Even if that were the case, Kirishima is such a meat head he probably wouldn't notice if someone was into him at all.

Uraraka and Deku going somewhere is still the only really confirmed ship.

Shoto and Momo have literally nothing at this point. If anything, Jiro is more likely to end up with Momo than Shoto lol.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Shoto and Momo have literally nothing at this point. If anything, Jiro is more likely to end up with Momo than Shoto lol.
Poor Denki

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hey, Denki still has a shot...if Hori remembers that moment from 263...which is unlikely.
In the recent cover of the group Jirou held both the hand of Momo and that of Denki ....

Three-way relationship?

A bit like the one between Mirio, Tamaki and Nejire?

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In the recent cover of the group Jirou held both the hand of Momo and that of Denki ....

Three-way relationship?

A bit like the one between Mirio, Tamaki and Nejire?
That could work. They are all in the band together as well.

Thats if they all survive, which is highly likely despite the odds against them.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
With episode 115 airing, featuring the most notable "shipping moment" in the series, it really draws into perspective that not much has really happened between those two characters in 100 chapters. Oh well, maybe we'll get something soon...Depending on whether they get much more focus going forward.

I still think Jiro has some stuff left to do with AFO, but I'm interested if Hori will find a more interesting role for Kaminari aside from being a battery.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
With episode 115 airing, featuring the most notable "shipping moment" in the series, it really draws into perspective that not much has really happened between those two characters in 100 chapters. Oh well, maybe we'll get something soon...Depending on whether they get much more focus going forward.

I still think Jiro has some stuff left to do with AFO, but I'm interested if Hori will find a more interesting role for Kaminari aside from being a battery.
I don't think there'll be anything interesting for Kaminari. He had his one cool moment and I think that was it for him.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't think there'll be anything interesting for Kaminari. He had his one cool moment and I think that was it for him.
Yeah, it is a bit of a shame though. Every character seems to be getting their moment this arc, and Kaminari(and Momo) are effectively stuck as batteries. Kirishima has gotten plenty of moments but he still seems set up to do something this arc as well.

I guess we'll just wait and see.