Rest in Peace Thread | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rest in Peace Thread

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Stupid Internet and machines, I'd kill you for sure

Koen: Try Hitogatana, I think you'll like it.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

You like shopping? How often you buy clothes, shoes, and stuff?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

A lot, have I missed:

* Nah, I doesn't have anything to do with Mil. My title is just a title, nothing more
* Aki, is Billy Bat worth to read? Interesting story? I can't say that I look like him
* Kait, I read the first chapter. I might read more later on but I am not a fan of the art
* Thorn, no... I am don't shop at all. I can hang around with someone who shops but I am not the shopping type at all. It has been more than a year since I have bought new shoes and new sweaters

Drakno

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Billy bat is an Urusawa Naoki manga, ofcourse it's worth reading

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Well, I know the mangaka and I loved only one work of him... That's why I asked

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: Sometimes I wonder, is it justified to believe in fate?

HERESY!!! Which one? 20cb and 21cb are both great reads and monster is one of my all time favs and pluto is a collaboration between him and tezuma (instawin) I think he also has another one of his at mangafox called happy but I have yet to check that >.>

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Sometimes I wonder, is it justified to believe in fate?

Well let it be the cooperation work that I like a lot, Pluto. I tried 20cb and 21cb several times but it just doesn't grow on me. Maybe I should give monster a chance but somehow I don't feel motivated to read his works tbh

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: Addicted to cookies (Bastogne)!

Do by all means try monster, if you like a dark mystery kind of manga you will love it. Prefferably read it before billy bat, it takes a bit to get more acustomed to Urusawa-sensei's mangas to be able to fully appreciate the dark atmosphere they carry

I am gonna say it now just to be the first guy to mention it. ZEBRA IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! At first I was so-so about him but the guy really has a way of growing on ya, he has as of this chap replaced my previous fav char of the series who was knocking master Jirou.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

How come that I always think about Anax when you post? It is a compliment because
1. You're Greek (anax is one too)
2. You sound polite, talkative and social
3. You like Toriko

Yeah, Zebra is awesome. I have always been looking forward to him and his character has grown on me too. Being imprisoned but his freedom seems to have more effect than the imprisonment (the war explanation). I also like his attitude towards Komatsu and Toriko. That trio is awesome

and don't you dare to get cocky ;)

Oh I still like Teppei a lot

Last edited:

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

How come that I always think about Anax when you post? It is a compliment because
3. You like Toriko
I like the way he thinks (anax means king at ancient greek), people who know how to carry themselves with confidence will always have little trouble with being social (Kamina from TTGL is the ultimate proof of that)

Yeah, Zebra is awesome. I have always been looking forward to him and his character has grown on me too. Being imprisoned but his freedom seems to have more effect than the imprisonment (the war explanation). I also like his attitude towards Komatsu and Toriko. That trio is awesome

and don't you dare to get cocky ;)

Oh I still like Teppei a lot
rough round the edges and soft in the inside while trying his best to not let it show, these kind of chars are always awesome (again with an example: Sakaki-sensei from kenichi)

Also what did you do with monster? Did you at least check it?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

3. You like Toriko
Ahahaha, you're unbelievable Koen! Not all Greeks are the same you know :p

I like the way he thinks (anax means king at ancient greek), people who know how to carry themselves with confidence will always have little trouble with being social (Kamina from TTGL is the ultimate proof of that)
Actually I didn't name myself Anax >.> Back when I was 16 I was brainstorming aliases and picked a huge, unfunny one. I was hanging around Americans who tend to shorten everything so it got turned into Anacon, Anac and then Anax. It took me years to make the connection to άναξ, ανάκτορο. Also, "Anax Imperator" is a cool dragonfly :D

Aaaaand, I'm not really social to be honest >.> Koen only thinks otherwise because when we met we were all a bunch of manga geeks, so I felt at home :D

Ok, back to lurking and back to reading Toriko (I'm 6 chapters behind) :P

EDIT//

Just finished Ch.128 and I'm ready to bet that during an epic battle in the future Zebra will either use Melk's Amplifier Stone to allow him to fight after losing his voice when all seems lost or to allow him to use super hyper ultra extra powerful A-Bomb level Sound Blasts at the start of a fight :P

Last edited:

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

I hear an 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit japan as well as a tsunami, if shimabukuro-sensei (the author of toriko) was one of the victims I will call koen curse on it. Come to think of it I had in the past called the case of something happening to the mangaka before toriko hits 150 once you picked it up :p