Discussion - Romance in Shokugeki no Soma | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Romance in Shokugeki no Soma

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
solar-kun! Take a look at this!

Not surprisingly, shortly later on, Tsukuda-sensei deleted his tweet (I've already verified the tweets on both ends, so it's 100% legit)! Lol! I guess he himself must have been too excited, at the prospect of writing the storyboards for the above! xD And just so happens Xmas is around the corner - the perfect moment for that to happen! >//< xD

Best. New. Year's. Gift. Ever.

~Nands

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really do hope that both Erina and Souma will have the best possible romantic development toward each other.
Maan, this feels great :D Thank you for those Shiba! :^_^

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Not surprisingly, shortly later on, Tsukuda-sensei deleted his tweet (I've already verified the tweets on both ends, so it's 100% legit)! Lol! I guess he himself must have been too excited, at the prospect of writing the storyboards for the above! xD And just so happens Xmas is around the corner - the perfect moment for that to happen! >//< xD

What does it say?

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

plz translate it BaBYShiBa-Senpai in to english

JonDou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
While waiting for the resolution of Azami's shining appearance in chapter 149 I was re reading some of the older chapters and came across this forgotten scene. I wonder if Tsukuda had forgotten he wrote it? Erina should be starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together real soon I would think.

BreakingTime

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

What does it says? *doki doki

Sherlupin

Reaction score
Country
France

are you doing this on purpose

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
are you doing this on purpose
i think she is :( , she wants us to suffer like worms , how you gonna give us a message in japanese then tell us how awesome it is in english, but not tell us what the message is.

Last edited by a moderator:

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
okay i got the translation

the top one:
I love Mis.Erina very much.Are they,Souma and Erina,going to feel any special emotion mutually?
I can't help being anxious about that,please help me.

bottom one:
Wait a bit,please!I will be able to tell you about that kind of their feeling in the comic near future.

~Nands

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i think she is :( , she wants us to suffer like worms , how you gonna give us a message in japanese then tell us how awesome it is in english, but not tell us what the message is.
I'm thinking that she's maybe just busy lately (perhaps doing other priorities and stuff while waiting for the next release, etc.), therefore unable to provide the translation of that new tweet 'til now. A lot of possible reasons as to why she wasn't able to reply, yet I believe that THAT is not the case. Chill out guys :tem :verily

Anyway, the fact that she said that Tsukuda-sensei deleted his previous tweet (well Miss Shiba actually posted that here earlier and gave a translation of it) proves to be interesting enough (at least for me! :^_^).

Thank you though for giving us a translation about that new tweet. At least we got the idea :hee
Yet, I'm still going to wait for her translation about it. :)

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lol! You guys are hilarious.

All you have to know is my Erina-sama's route being opened, pretty soon (I hope). >//< xD :p

(And yes, the TL's quite accurate. It was done by a person from Japan, after all, over here)

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
yea erina seems to be developing feelings for soma, though in the end i believe megumi will be the girl who wins somas heart

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
yea erina seems to be developing feelings for soma, though in the end i believe megumi will be the girl who wins somas heart
actually its Nekumi who will win Somas heart. He already cooked for her once, and she loved it.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

darkenedreality

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tough call. Nothing has really advanced so far, but Soma will definitely end up with Erina or Megumi considering his father's words in the first chapter. It can go either way at this point. Soma and Megumi have the better relationship, but story telling wise Erina makes more sense IMO.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol! You guys are hilarious.

All you have to know is my Erina-sama's route being opened, pretty soon (I hope). >//< xD :p

(And yes, the TL's quite accurate. It was done by a person from Japan, after all, over here)
now I see what your talking about. I suppose that part of the arc will further solidify things to where souma wont be as oblivious as before

X-Alt

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
As much as I like Megumi, I simply cannot see her as Souma's full-time companion, fellow cook and lover. They care for each other, and make a perfect case of besties. But much like Hisako is to Erina (let's prentend she was a male) is a little too weak in both cooking and spirit to fully appreciate.

From a chemistry standpoint too, Erina's personality is much like a magnet to Souma's wether she wants to admit it or not. She even tried to rid him of her mind in the earlier chapters before accepting that he was there to stay. They're very different, but I feel that they need each other to get better.

Plus, Souma's innovation and creativity perfctly supplements Erina's refined and perfected cooking. Souma's rather tongue-in-cheek, and happy-go-lucky personality is a MAJOR KEY to open and eventually pierce Erina's heart.

Anyways, I can see that a Christmas event might tease a little, but I'd still prefer the development cooked slowly.

Last edited:

Janizary

Reaction score
Country
United States
Takumi x Souma is otp

Petrit Zeneli

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soma's and Erina's relationship reminds me so much of Usui's and Misaki's from Kaichou wa Maid sama...