Discussion - Romance | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Romance

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
For once I do speak about Yona and Hak and the multiple times Soo Won had the chance to kill them if he desired it, but also about people like Min Soo.

You know that pretty much every character killed another one during a fight? Even Yona. Where´s the difference?
That Yona just killed "bad people?"...Considering the treatment of his subjects people could consider King Il also a bad person. Would the murder then be justified?

And even if people ship Gobi x Yona together, why do you bother? Nobody died, since they are all fictional characters. People who don´t exist cannot be killed.

I mean, it is quite nice that you have your own opinion concerning that matter, but you should please treat it as such. As your opinion and not as a general statement of the moral code of other real living human beings.
I think you confuse killing in combat or self-defense, than killing a defenseless person in cold blood. They are different things.

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I think you confuse killing in combat or self-defense, than killing a defenseless person in cold blood. They are different things.
Yona shot an arrow at a person that was not trying to harm her at that moment, therefore it cannot be self-defense.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Yona shot an arrow at a person that was not trying to harm her at that moment, therefore it cannot be self-defense.
If he was in combat or in a skirmish, it counts. You are still taking the point out of context. Could a person have an affair with his father's killer (or any family member)? I think not.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
A fictional character can have a relationship with everybody since it is fiction which is solely based on imagination. You can even throw together mortal enemies. Everything is possible in fannon, and many thing in cannon if there is a conclusive narrative for this turn of events.

Murder is murder and no...you have to proof that it was self-defense. If you kill a person that is actually retreating, then it counts as murder.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
A fictional character can have a relationship with everybody since it is fiction which is solely based on imagination. You can even throw together mortal enemies. Everything is possible in fannon, and many thing in cannon if there is a conclusive narrative for this turn of events.

Murder is murder and no...you have to proof that it was self-defense. If you kill a person that is actually retreating, then it counts as murder.
As much as it is fiction, history has to keep coherence and common sense with itself. Of course, the author can join x with x, that does not mean it looks good.

I think you're taking it very personal. Here I read people who expressed their opinion of why they don't think Hak x Yona. I express myself because I don't think soo won x yona.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
As much as it is fiction, history has to keep coherence and common sense with itself. Of course, the author can join x with x, that does not mean it looks good.
You are doing it again: Confusing your moral code with a general statement everybody has to use. I already said that if the narrative is conclusive and does neatly explain it, nearly everything is possible in fiction. That is one reason why people love fiction. The topic of "enemies to lovers" wasn´t invented by me, but it is rather pretty common. And often used in general media, but also in fanfiction.

Not to say even if it may be not realistic in some stories, people can still ship it, since it is only fiction.

I think you're taking it very personal. Here I read people who expressed their opinion of why they don't think Hak x Yona. I express myself because I don't think soo won x yona.

Actually I don´t take it personal, but I don´t like it if a person confuses their own opinion with general facts. This is a forum and we both are part of it. I am not shy, how you could very well see and therefore I write to you.

Fact is you stated it as a general fact: "Those who want a Yona x Soo Won, must like toxic relationships."
The way it is worded, shows that it is not a personal opinion, but stated as if this is fact.

Therefore I only mentioned that it is nice that this may be your opinion, but you should please not state is as general fact and judge people based on them shipping certain characters together.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
You are doing it again: Confusing your moral code with a general statement everybody has to use. I already said that if the narrative is conclusive and does neatly explain it, nearly everything is possible in fiction. That is one reason why people love fiction. The topic of "enemies to lovers" wasn´t invented by me, but it is rather pretty common. And often used in general media, but also in fanfiction.

Not to say even if it may be not realistic in some stories, people can still ship it, since it is only fiction.

Actually I don´t take it personal, but I don´t like it if a person confuses their own opinion with general facts. This is a forum and we both are part of it. I am not shy, how you could very well see and therefore I write to you.

Fact is you stated it as a general fact: "Those who want a Yona x Soo Won, must like toxic relationships."
The way it is worded, shows that it is not a personal opinion, but stated as if this is fact.

Therefore I only mentioned that it is nice that this may be your opinion, but you should please not state is as general fact and judge people based on them shipping certain characters together.
Well, if that bothers you, then I apologize. It is an opinion.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Thought the Hak x Yona stuff was pretty good in the recent Sen/Kai arc.

The kiss wasn't cute but strained, kinda like their path to that point. Drawn well and paneled well.

Didn't see the Yona confession coming either. It was cute:

The kiss seemed tender and passionate, something original for the situation. It's so theirs.

Yona's confession was beautiful, but normal. Hak's confession continues to take all the awards.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
King Il writing in the memoirs that he truly loved Kashi is something I question. I think we should accept it as fact, but I don't like the way it was written. For Kashi to say what she did about Il to Yon-hi, then read what Il wrote, that probably required more development for me to buy into.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
King Il writing in the memoirs that he truly loved Kashi is something I question. I think we should accept it as fact, but I don't like the way it was written. For Kashi to say what she did about Il to Yon-hi, then read what Il wrote, that probably required more development for me to buy into.

Indeed. It is questionable if both of them loved each other or if they merely got together in order for Yona - the reincarnation of Hiryuu - to be born. In Kashi´s case one might also wonder if she did it in order to take revenge on Yu hon as she knew that he would not get the throne and would be killed by King Il.

I just wonder why Kusanagi-sensei did not show the murder of Kashi. King Il has never mentioned how he knew that she was murdered by his brother. The whole affair is dubious.