High Tier Singles - Round 1 Block A - Shiraishi vs Kite | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

High Tier Singles Round 1 Block A - Shiraishi vs Kite

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Kite Eishirou

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Shiraishi wins it'd be because his serve (after taking the gauntlet off). The fact that his stats are normally perfectly balanced is what makes it very unlikely he can deal with ODS which pretty much requires a significant edge in one stat (power/tech/speed/whatever) to defeat. In theory, ODS can defeat something like Atobe Kingdom (start off behind the baseline, then Atobe can't possibly hit to a spot you can't reach physically because that spot would be out of bounds) which is far beyond Shiraishi's ability to return.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tezuka at that point do not have Saiki, Zero Shiki Serve, nor Tezuka Phantom. All of which should be add to his technique. And those techniques all raise Tezuka scariness immensely. And Tezuka did not use Hyakuren in those 4 game that he won either. So more technique could be subtracted from that. If fact, Tezuka doesn't even use Tezuka Zone is those 4 game.
I don't see how that's relevant. There's nothing to suggest that special moves are factored into the stat sheets. Miyako and Krauser both have 5 power, they don't send people flying with normal hits, but Krauser can do it because of a special move. Nakagauchi has 5 technique (most likely) due to his ability to target his shots perfectly, no special moves at all.
In other words, there's nothing to suggest that Tezuka doesn't have 5 technique and 19 total without TZone, Hyakuren, Saiki. Furthermore I wasn't pitting Shiraishi against those moves to begin with.

If Fuji match with Tezuka were of any indication, that would suggests to me that Shiraishi can win this match too.
Fuji beat an illusion of Tezuka, not the real thing. He himself, Ryoma and Sanada all say that.

Nor doesn't anyone have any doubt 10 baller won't be able to beat Ochi, although master of return Yukimura say it's a ball that can't be return.
The main reason why we think it's easy for the G10 to break Mach is because Ohmagari called it a joke.
As for Neo Scud, Renji has already shown that he can beat Waterfall (which is only 3 kph slower) every time, and we also know that someone from 6th court managed to score against it at least once (Ootori's win afterwards is implied to be because his game outside of his serve, not the serve itself, improved), so while we can't say that every top tier character would beat Ootori 6-0, it is very likely that they will beat him.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I don't see how that's relevant. There's nothing to suggest that special moves are factored into the stat sheets. Miyako and Krauser both have 5 power, they don't send people flying with normal hits, but Krauser can do it because of a special move. Nakagauchi has 5 technique (most likely) due to his ability to target his shots perfectly, no special moves at all.
In other words, there's nothing to suggest that Tezuka doesn't have 5 technique and 19 total without TZone, Hyakuren, Saiki. Furthermore I wasn't pitting Shiraishi against those moves to begin with.
There's also nothing that prove that special move are not at all factor into stat sheets. Just saying that and asking for proof doesn't show much. And really, it's Shiraishi style of playing that complement his base stats. He never had any problem catching to any ball before nor does he have problem dealing with most special tech for a long period of time beside 5th counter. But even for 5th counter, he's not serious because his gold arm doesn't come off. So really, Shiraishi shows a far better adaptation ability to new tech than Kite have ever shown. And he also have seen all of Kite tech before just now in this recent fight.

Fuji beat Tezuka minus zero shiki serve and combined Hyakuren and Saiki. Which is fair bit of strength off, I admit. But Kite just died at Hyakuren alone. That's ignoring Saiki and Tezuka Phantom. Kite simply got slaughter. 6-0. There's no contest there whatsoever. It only makes sense to me that Fuji would be able to do the same to Kite. And since Konomi is showing Shiraishi as Fuji potential rival still, with golden gauntlet that should effectively seal 6th counter and so forth, I do think Shiraishi winning is not out of possibility at all.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
First of all, I'm not trying to prove anything. You're the one who made the claim that they're factored in as a blanket statement and without anything to back it up. Secondly, I don't see how it's relevant that Kite might not do well against unfamiliar moves, Shiraishi doesn't have any.

Sanada could have 6-0'd Tezuka if he hadn't been so stubborn. Yukimura destroyed Sanada. Does that mean Yukimura would destroy Tezuka as well? As far as we know, that isn't the case at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.