Doubles - Round 1 Block C - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Tachibana/Kirihara | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Round 1 Block C - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Tachibana/Kirihara

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke / Matsudaira Chikahiko

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Tachibana Kippei / Kirihara Akaya

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doubles
Round 1 Block C

NameMatsudaira Chikahiko
GradeHigh School 3rd Year
BirthdayMarch 31st
Height176 cm
Weight?
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley
NameShiraishi Kuranosuke
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayApril 14th
Height178 cm
Weight66 kg
HandednessLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder

VERSUS

NameKirihara Akaya
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdaySeptember 25th
Height168 cm
Weight61 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner
NameTachibana Kippei
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayAugust 15th
Height179 cm
Weight67 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder

Serve order: Matsudaira -> Tachibana -> Shiraishi -> Kirihara

This round ends on Wednesday, August 14th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Matsudaira's Flower isn't much of a treat for Kirihara as he returned it after a few games, so now he should return it fine. The same with Tachibana, maybe he'll struggle a bit but he will overcome it. Shiraishi with his gauntlet removed should take some points until Tachibana and Kirihara adjust to it. Tachibana will get some points with Abare Dama but it's likely Shiraishi will return it (and wild lion also). Kirihara using DM will hurt Matsu but Matsu's very fast so he might dodge the shots aimed at his body.

On top of that, I think Shiraishi is able to return Akaya's DM shots with his gauntlet removed, and also Tachibana's techniques. With his gauntlet removed he should get some points but Akaya's really fast when he taps into DM so he should be fast enough (given he has a 5 in speed if I remember correctly) to return the shots. Matsu's flower will be countered and Akaya and tachibana have enough speed in my opinion to counter and return Shiraishi's shots.

So to summarize, Matsu's flower isn't going to work. Kirihara's DM shots might be eventually avoided by Matsu and shiraishi, but I'm not too sure about that. Tachibana will get points with Mojuu and Abare Dama, Shiraishi will most likely deal with Tachibana's techniques (not Matsu, seeing how Wassio/Shuzuki who are most likely better players than Matsu had problems with Abare Dama until they went into Synchro, only Shiraishi will be able to deal with it). Also, Shiraishi's fast shots will be countered with Akaya's DM and Mojuu.

I give this match to Kirihara/Tachibana 7-5.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Since I view Shiraishi as being equal to Tachibana in PoT, I do not think Tachibana can return flower serve, He did not have any upgrade of any sort yet. Since Shiraishi does, he put him above Tachibana for now.

Kirihara can only return flower when he's using Angel mode or sane devil mode, which he need to be partner with Shiraishi for that. He may use devil mode, but at this point in the series, that mode is pretty much seal off already. I would not say that he will use it. Even if he did, Tachibana is not like Yanagi in that he can control the devil. The doubles pair will be destroy from inside out like what Miyako/Matsudaira pair plan to do, but fail because Kirihara doesn't lose his sanity.

I give this match to Shiraishi/Matsudaira pair.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ken, Kirihara doesn't need to use AM! to return flower. When he returned it he was normal, not in DM or AM.

What makes you think tachibana can't return flower? By this pont in the series he should be able to return it, there's no way he won't be able to do that. Outside of Flower, Matsudaira has nothing so once Tachibana returns it (which shouldn't take him too much) he doesn't have anything that can really faze them. Moreover, it's sure that Akaya could either use or not use DM, but he should be able, like Tachibana, to get used to Sbiraishi's speed (it's not like Tachibana and Akaya are slow, and with Mojuu and DM they are prety fast so they can get quickly used to them).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The flower is broken here.

http://www.mangapanda.com/343-56890-4/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-34.html

Angel Mode is activated here.

http://www.mangapanda.com/343-56622-12/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-33.html

But that's the confirmation. Really, he could start using it here.

http://www.mangapanda.com/343-56622-10/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-33.html

So, no, he's not in normal when he return the serve.

On Tachibana, I already give the reason why. I don't consider Tachibana to be above Shiraishi in PoT. As Tachibana have not obtain any improvement yet, I would assume Tachibana can't return flower serve as well.

Kirihara will need DM to do something about Shiraishi, as he lost to Fuji, who got absolutely whoop by Shiraishi without it. However, once he use the mode, the double pair should be torn from inside out. As that is what the 3rd court pair was trying to do when they provoke Kirihara, to make him use Devil Mode.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tachibana returned Kamikakushi with a super rising, couldn't he do the same with Flower?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Kirihara returned Flower AFTER getting AM. In fact, Shiraishi / Kirihara only started winning points in the game he got into AM.

The fact that Kirihara can only get into AM if he pairs with Shiraishi is bs, but those were Konomi words.

The pair is technically Nationals! Kirihara (actually, worse, cause now we know that he has terrible stamina in that mode) and Nationals! Tachibana.

Matsudaira and Shiraishi are simply better

Tachibana returned Kamikakushi with a super rising, couldn't he do the same with Flower?
Flower is a really fast serve... Tachibana would have to guess where it lands.

And what's the point if Kirihara can't return it at all? lol

Really, as much as I like Akaya, this match is a stomp. 6-0 or 6-1 to Matsu/Shiraishi

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
AM isn't the final thing by the way. What Kirihara had when he and Shiraishi started to catch up is more similar to the bloodshot eyes than to Devil Mode. Devil Akaya could probably return Flower.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
AM isn't the final thing by the way. What Kirihara had when he and Shiraishi started to catch up is more similar to the bloodshot eyes than to Devil Mode.
Is it in the Pair Puris or something? When they started to catch up, the whole "he looks like an angel" thingy was said...

We don't even know how good DM is btw, we only saw like 2 games of it in both mangas.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kirihara returned Flower AFTER getting AM. In fact, Shiraishi / Kirihara only started winning points in the game he got into AM.

The fact that Kirihara can only get into AM if he pairs with Shiraishi is bs, but those were Konomi words.

The pair is technically Nationals! Kirihara (actually, worse, cause now we know that he has terrible stamina in that mode) and Nationals! Tachibana.

Matsudaira and Shiraishi are simply better

Flower is a really fast serve... Tachibana would have to guess where it lands.

And what's the point if Kirihara can't return it at all? lol

Really, as much as I like Akaya, this match is a stomp. 6-0 or 6-1 to Matsu/Shiraishi
Hardy, I respectfully disagree on this being an easy win for Matsu/Shiraishi. At this point in the story, both Akaya and Tachibana should have better stats than Matsu and shouldn't take too long with Flower. Tachibana might be fast enough to return flower.

And where does it say that Kirihara was in AM when he returned it? Atobe said he looked more like an angel but isn't angel mode when he is in DM but still sane? I think Kirihara was normal but was less angry and playing calmly. I don't think Flower will stun that much Kirihara and Tachibana at this point in the story.
Akaya using DM should be fast enough to get used to Shiraishi's speed.

I changed my mind and think Matsu and Shiraishi will win but it won't be so easy. 7-5 or 6-4.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
How do you know how much they improved? Matsu has overall 19 points in stats, whereas normal Kirihara has 13.5. Tachibana must be around Shiraishi, who has 17.5

Their improvement should had been not big, enormous to catch up with Matsu.

Where does it say that Kirihara wasn't in AM when he returned it? When does he start having that mode? Is it ever explained? He prolly got red because he was being hit constantly, and it was a reaction of his body (would make sense, as every other time we've seen him go DevilMode, it happenned after he got hit).

Now, let's suppose that he is good enough in DM to beat Shiraishi and return Flower. The only way he could win here is KOing either Matsu or Shiraishi, he won't resist more than a couple of games in DM, let alone a whole match.

Honestly, it's a one sided match.

Edit: nvm about the "he got red because of a reaction" theory, he went to devil mode against Yanagi and he didn't hit him at all.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
People are forgetting chemistry here too. Its rather one-sided this match.
Remember that Shiraishi/Kirihara had practically no chemistry and combination play when they were losing 4-0 to Matsudaira/Miyako.

It took Shiraishi to act like weirdo and repeatedly compliment Kirihara's seaweed hair. It took Shiraishi to basically lie compulsively to his teammate since Yagyuu and Niou have been shown to refer to Kirihara as a "seaweed bastard".
Just IMAGINE, Tachibana and Kirihara lol. I doubt their combo play would be too much better than Shiraishi/Kirihara when they started.

Shiraishi and Tachibana are really similar and near equal with Shiraishi just having a more elegant tennis and Tachibana having a more wild tennis.
Both can play Doubles well with their best friends, (I'm assuming so since Shiraishi paired with Kenya straight away).

I gotta give this 6-3 to Shiraishi/Matsudaira. By the time Kirihara and Tachibana get combo play down, Shiraishi will be breaking it slightly to drag out the win.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Surprising as it may seem, I'm actually going to take Tachibana/Akaya in this match, with a hard fought 7-5 victory.

Removing the Gauntlet doesn't make Shiraishi any faster and both Miyako and Matsu dealt with the different serve pretty quickly, and I would expect that Tachibana and Akaya would as well. Flower will be broken by Tachibana/Akaya, whether immediately or after one game. Shiraishi could pinpoint Akaya with attacks, but at this point, even though Akaya can't use AM or SDM without Shiraishi, I do think that Akaya may have gained a greater level of self control and all.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Shiraishi could pinpoint Akaya with attacks, but at this point, even though Akaya can't use AM or SDM without Shiraishi, I do think that Akaya may have gained a greater level of self control and all.
Wouldn't put him at the level of Shiraishi nonetheless though, although Tachibana is there to neutralize that, Kirihara in DM got wrecked and thrown around against Miyako/Matsudaira pair.
Shiraishi is cruelly precise, so he and Matsudaira would potentially do the same. I don't see Tachibana calming Kirihara down as well as Shiraishi did.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is it in the Pair Puris or something? When they started to catch up, the whole "he looks like an angel" thingy was said...

We don't even know how good DM is btw, we only saw like 2 games of it in both mangas.
Yes, Angel Mode and Sane Devil Mode (the thing he got after Miyako and Matsudaira hit him in the fact) are not the same thing. I guess I'll write a something about them soonish since it seems to be unclear.

We also know that he took 7 straight games against Krauser.

Kirihara in DM got wrecked and thrown around against Miyako/Matsudaira pair.
Kirihara never actually entered DM during that match.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kirihara never actually entered DM during that match.
Yeah, my bad.
Okay this goes back in Tachibana/Kirihara's favour slightly then.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
We also know that he took 7 straight games against Krauser.
Yeah, back then when there was nothing negative about DM.

So, he can't get into AM without Shiraishi... but what about SDM?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kirihara can even damage Matsu or Shiraishi and make them forfeit. But Shiraishi's arm speed should be able to return the shots. Also matsu's fast but we don't know if he can even dodge his shots.

Hardy, why did you said that Kirihara will last two games with DM? He defeated krauser when he was greatly injured and even when the match was over he was still fine.

However, I think akaya self control might prevent him from going crazy. As I said at thiis point it shouldn't take too long for Kirihara and Tachibana to return flower. Tachibana's agressive tennis is going to take games and Abare Dama will not be returned easily.

I think in the end Akaya/Tachibana will win either 7-5 or 6-4.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You could argue for both side's skills more or less and end up with no clear winner, however this is a doubles game and so you must take teamwork into account. Shiraishi has already demonstrated his doubles ability in the match with Kirihara and won't have any trouble coordinating with Matsudaira. On the other hand, Tachibana and Kirihara are two very aggressive and headstrong players and I don't see them being able to cooperate very well.

I don't see this being an easy match though, Shiraishi/Matsudaira 6-4 or 7-5.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, back then when there was nothing negative about DM.
This is... not true I think. Of course we didn't know about the negative side effects back then, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist. Furthermore we don't even know in which way it is life threatening. Nobody ever said that he'll immediately collapse.

So, he can't get into AM without Shiraishi... but what about SDM?
SDM is an extension of AM, so he needs Shiraishi for that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.