Doubles - Round 1 Block C - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Tachibana/Kirihara | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Round 1 Block C - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Tachibana/Kirihara

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke / Matsudaira Chikahiko

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Tachibana Kippei / Kirihara Akaya

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
AM isn't the final thing by the way. What Kirihara had when he and Shiraishi started to catch up is more similar to the bloodshot eyes than to Devil Mode. Devil Akaya could probably return Flower.
But Devil Akaya is suggested by 3rd court pair to be bad thing to used in doubles.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c034/11.html

Not only that, it is suggest in PoT as well, as Renji need to be the one who "tame" Akaya to be able to used that in doubles.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Shiraishi previously prevented Akaya from entering Devil Mode, but he did so in order to protect both Akaya and their opponents. I concede that Devil Akaya wouldn't be very interested in teamwork, but I don't think that makes him less of a threat. Both Shiraishi and Yanagi "tamed" Kirihara in order to limit the damage he'd do, Miyako might have either interpreted that differently or was hoping that Shiraishi would be too busy with keeping Akaya in check afterwards and wouldn't be able to focus on the match properly anymore.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Since Devil Mode never come out before in that match, Miyako have to know it from somewhere else. That means he might know the weakness of using Devil Mode in doubles. Kaidoh is also another user that is shown to have it. That shows that it is not a technique unique to Kirihara.

And doubles have countless emphasis on teamwork throughout the entire series. I don't think they can win.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
How can he possibly know whether or not Devil Mode is weak in doubles? This is Kirihara's first team shuffle, so even if he used DM in his previous shuffle matches, those were all singles.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since Devil Mode never come out before in that match, Miyako have to know it from somewhere else. That means he might know the weakness of using Devil Mode in doubles. Kaidoh is also another user that is shown to have it. That shows that it is not a technique unique to Kirihara.

And doubles have countless emphasis on teamwork throughout the entire series. I don't think they can win.
How do you know Miyako knew the weakness of DM in doubles? It's not like Kirihara wouldn't have slaughtered him and Matsudaira if he tapped into it.

He maybe knew that it had life threatening effects or something, but even if he had that knowledge about it and said that he was going to tear appart the doubles team from the inside out trying to make Akaya tap into DM, that shouldn't prevent his onslaught and injuring him.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
How do you know Miyako knew the weakness of DM in doubles? It's not like Kirihara wouldn't have slaughtered him and Matsudaira if he tapped into it.

He maybe knew that it had life threatening effects or something, but even if he had that knowledge about it and said that he was going to tear appart the doubles team from the inside out trying to make Akaya tap into DM, that shouldn't prevent his onslaught and injuring him.
Well, Miyako knew what Devil mode was about and it's weakness, so I guess he was confident enough in his and his partner's ability.

Just in case, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c034/11.html

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yes he knew it and it's weakness but I don't know if that might save him from being injured against it.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
They are both more technical than Krauser (I guess than Inui too),Miyako is as strong as Krauser and Matsu as strong as DM Akaya. They both have a nice stamina. Matsu has a really good speed, so I guess he'd manage to dodge him.
He's definetly not a big threat for the MS, and I don't think he'd manage to hurt them. Again, Miyako was aware of what Akaya was able to do in DM.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
How can he possibly know whether or not Devil Mode is weak in doubles? This is Kirihara's first team shuffle, so even if he used DM in his previous shuffle matches, those were all singles.
His opponent stat is at the very least on par (it's actually more) than Kirihara in devil mode. Since you use the stat in the debate last time in Shiraishi vs Kite, wouldn't you agree it's not enough? Devil mode is just a boost in stat after all.

The coach seem to know that the technique lead to destruction of his mind. Inui stop Kaidoh from using it back then for some reason. Yanagi state its drawback as well. How do you know that devil mode can be used in doubles with Tachibana well? Tachibana have not shown ability to control his partner before, ever. You even admit that it'll not be so good on teamwork. We can assume that it'll be just 2 high tier singles playing in Singles match. See Echizen. Or see when Echizen/Kintarou going out at once. Or better yet, see how Sanada hit Akutsu face. I don't see it going very well.

Because he say so? And it is suggest 2 times before with Yanagi and Shiraishi having to be Akaya partner too.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c356/11.html

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Hardy
That's Kurobe's data. Are you claiming that any random guy could come up and get access to it?

How do you know that devil mode can be used in doubles with Tachibana well?
I don't recall saying anything about outstanding teamwork. Like in the other match I will say however that one player getting injured can drastically shift the balance.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I believe DM Akaya could damage either Shiraishi or Matsu, and if he manages to injure one of them the situation will change. If he greatly injures Matsu, for example, his speed will decrease considerably, and they could use that chance to change the flow of the match. The same would happen to Shiraishi if that happens. I'm not saying he will damage both of them and that has to happen, but it's a possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.