TV - RWBY | Page 65 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV RWBY

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This episode mainly showed us the capabilities of the Elite Squad of Atlas.

The Friendship between the Hunters and Elite Squad is also growing.

Not a fan of Jaune's new hair.

Nora is hinting to be someone important in this volume from what i feel.

Reactions: syx

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Ace Operatives are going to lose horribly or get put out of commission. They go against everything the protagonists stand for and I’m positive they only exist to look tough so whatever enemy takes them out looks tougher.

And despite the fact that everything points to the contrary, am I the only person who feels like Ironwood might be evil?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Status charts!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Haven't seen the episode yet but it's hard to imagine ironwood as evil. The problem is that he is misguided... He is the sort of idiot who moves an army for the lolz.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The Ace Operatives are going to lose horribly or get put out of commission. They go against everything the protagonists stand for and I’m positive they only exist to look tough so whatever enemy takes them out looks tougher.

And despite the fact that everything points to the contrary, am I the only person who feels like Ironwood might be evil?
They don't have the power of friendship... This is interesting considering that Elm and Vine if we go by their inspirations supposed to be a couple ( they even parallel Renora ) and I call bullshit that things don't change when you go through hardship with someone it does.. ( It's probably more setup for Blake and Yang talk and how do they see each other considering that Harriet looked in their direction with " We don't confuse it " )

Ironwood is not evil his plan is not good and he's a little paranoid but not evil ( May change when he finds out that Ruby lied to him )

Watts is Jacques younger brother calling it now :P ( Moustache bois )

I loved Weiss in that scene and how Blake was much more pissed than others..

She recognizes an abusive piece of shit when she sees one..

There were too many comedy moments that for me didn't land... and Honestly later in the episode, I didn't want to see characters like Jaune/Nora/Penny on screen...

And did Winter seriously hide in that truck from Jacques :D ?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... this episode really stresses the point that the ace ops are really a reverse of rwby so to speak and there are equivalents to everyone. Gotta wonder what the point is going to be within the volume. Is it going to be a friendship thing? We had a whole monologue from professor oobleck about how being a huntsmen was a job and they had to do it. With that context in mind it'd make more sense for the point to be here that the team isn't always going to be together. However good a team they are, friendship should be secondary if they are doing a job.

So.... the rando from the past episodes was a public leader? I suppose tyrian killing him makes sense at least.

Is it me or is jacques getting increasingly trumpian? He pretty much threatened james with corruption to his face. Maybe jacques can also shoot someone in fifth avenue and get away with it? He is clearly going to collude with a foreign power to help him get elected.... To a seat whose power he clearly does not understand...

The gang getting the huntsmen licenses... I wish we had just a little bit more context to know how much sense this makes. Because they essentially just skipped a few years of school as far as i can tell. At least now they can do salem stuff without having to worry about not being licensed.

And penny... it's annoying that she turned out to be alive but she is precious.

You'd think ironwood would have a bit more pep in him. He is a military leader, at least sound tough or something.

Ok, a few comments:

Ruby: LETS GO PARTYING IN ATLAS!
Blake: I am gonna poop this party.
Ruby: Oh, NOW you are an introverted catgirl but for all the other stuff you are unrecognizable.
Yang; We almost died like yesterday. So... also pooping the party.
Ruby: I don't even know you anymore.

Jacques: Weiss, you bitch.
Weiss: You really want to go there?
Jacques: Your friends are cunts btw.
Weiss: Ok, you do remember that I am a trained huntress and could easily and without any effort whatsoever just "stop hitting yourself" you? As in, you know there is a limit to which you can antagonize me until my number one concern becomes hitting you with as little strength as possible so that you don't end up a bloodstain?
Jacques: Well, you made your mom sad.

Nora: THUNDER THIGHS!!!!!

Weiss: So.... were you hiding off screen?
Winter: Yep.
Weiss: That's it? no further comment or context?
Winter: Yep.

james: This is a special place and whatnot.
Rwby: Yep, here we witnessed what we thought was the butchering of a friend and it was largely the place from which an entire kingdom fell, sent the world into chaos and hundreds of thousands died. It's practically a blood soaked tomb of our previous lives and innocence.
James: Yes. That is why we made minimal effort to bring you guys here to celebrate your graduation.
Gang: Wait, what?
Penny: BEEP BOOP. You are all huntsmen and huntresses now.
James: This must look pretty sudden. But now, it's time to party! Disengaging 110% pep protocols. Engaging party protocols.
Gang: STARES
James: STANDS STILL
Gang: Is... something supposed to happen?
James: Disengaging party protocol.
James: Enjoy the rest of the party. There's cake.
Blake: Well, you at least had the decency to wash the blood out of the walls.
james: engaging maximum awkwardness protocol. Errhhhh, leaving now! Why is this the only protocol that works?
James: Well, at least enjoy the weiss themed cake.

Yang: So.... we got this thing. What not.
Blake: Welp, at least we got it.... right?
Weiss: it feels so unimportant though.
Ruby: It's probably because we have been through so much that an e-business card doesn't feel like such a big deal.
Yang: Or maybe its the complete lack of ceremony and the fact that we are in this floating tomb.
Jaune: So.... did they remember to leave a ship for us to leave in?

Nobody:
Nora: I WILL MURDER ALL THE CAKES IN EXISTENCE. WHO DARES STOP ME?
Nobody: Nobody dares.

Ruby: I dunno if i am making the right call keeping ironwood out of the loop. Am I like oz?
Qrow: You are nothing like oz. Oz only trusted himself, you are trusting others.
Ruby: but, I didn't even have a choice on trusting you guys with this. I simply asked gin a question and you all saw the answer. James and his posse are literally the first time i've had an option of trusting or not.
Qrow: Here, have some weiss themed cake and don't think about it. Also, your mom died on a mission which was unrelated to ozpin.
Viewers: The fuck you say?

Ruby: Screw this, I want to pick a job! Looks at board
Ace ops: Didn't you almost die yesterday?
Ruby: pffftttttt
Ace ops: Who wants the crappiest and easiest job?
Jaune: Eerrrrhhhhhhhh
Ace ops: You got it.
Jaune: Wait, what? I want to pick another one.
Ace ops: Nope. Not how it works. I already signed you up.
Jaune: how the fuck does that work? I didn't do anything.
Ace ops: It's the rules. Anyways, the job is basically babysitting children at camp.
Jaune; So a crossover episode?
Ace ops: What? No, pffttt

Last edited:

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ep 4.

Penny still has her floating swords, yay

Liked the Ruby/Qrow conversation. Maybe not so much for its story and character development, as for how relatable its themes were.

The rest of the developments... they're setting things up for events to happen, and though there's nothing's concrete about what will happen yet, I wish they'd be a bit more subtle in how they go about the former.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok... solid episode. It feels a bit like a setup episode, like the last one, but it's good enough.

Penny remains penny... I wonder how long until watts wipes out her memory and turns her into a mindless killing machine. Penny has the biggest bulleye... She alone is deterrent enough when even qrow and clover aren't.

And.... the hell is the deal with robin? She stops a military operation intentionally, threatens the people in it, even actually proceeds with an attack which penny deters and... she walks away? I get that robin isn't a bad guy or anything, so far, but you'd think she'd be super arrested over this. I suppose keeping the operation a secret takes priority but even then her just walking away like this seems too easy.

And that guy trying to separate blake and yang... He is right. The two can't always pair up, they are no longer students. They are people with a job.

It's adorable to see weiss and winter playing video games.

Oh look, a plan involving the winter maiden... That is absolutely not going to backfire horribly. I am kinda surprised ironwood does not have the aura transferring machine....

Winter vs cinder... That sounds like a cool prospect soon enough.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm not a big fan of EP5 somehow. Not sure what the point is in showing the cast on pseudo-missions and pseudo-training. Feels kinda misplaced at this stage of the story, so many wasted precious minutes. The only interesting part was the the quarter bit at the end. Winter becoming a Maiden sounds quite promising on the one hand, but on the other hand I fear it won't last for too long...

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of EP5 somehow. Not sure what the point is in showing the cast on pseudo-missions and pseudo-training. Feels kinda misplaced at this stage of the story, so many wasted precious minutes. The only interesting part was the the quarter bit at the end. Winter becoming a Maiden sounds quite promising on the one hand, but on the other hand I fear it won't last for too long...
It was a meh episode. I think the missions and training were just a speedy way to display progress. I did like the moment between Weiss and Winter. Outside of the ending, it’s the only scene that didn’t seem pointless. And I agree, Winter being a maiden sounds nice but it almost guarantees that she’s done for and I’m beginning to think ultimately it will be her father’s fault.

I’m curious to see how Robin fits into this after she misses out on her council position.[/SPOILERS]

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So.... no comments on jaune's dumb banana hair causing women to literally give him freaking casseroles? Jaune is.... 16 years old? Did his hair somehow tap into the milf market? Or whichever market thinks giving a teenager a casserole is a good idea? It's almost a shame that jaune isn't the type to take advantage.

Also... Isn't it kinda weird that jaune got his license along the others? He has certainly improved but it seems like a stretch that he managed to close the gap between him and the others.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Jaune is 19/20 not that it makes that scene better...

I have problems with Winter development ( will explain that later )

Don't mind training montage it was fun to see and honestly, it's better that way then time skip for 2 weeks or more and you have no idea what characters were doing..

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Jaune is 19/20 not that it makes that scene better...

I have problems with Winter development ( will explain that later )

Don't mind training montage it was fun to see and honestly, it's better that way then time skip for 2 weeks or more and you have no idea what characters were doing..
Wait, then I am kinda lost on how old the cast is. I thought they were 16~ at around the time the series started and chrnologically it doesn't look like it's been more than a year since then.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Everyone was 17 when the series started bar Ruby that was 15

Beacon was an almost full year if I'm not mistaken ( Vytal Festival was held at the end of the year I think ) and then we have quite a time that has passed in Volume 4/5.

So WBY & JNR will be either 18/19 depends on birthdays Ruby's Va said that Ruby is 17 at this moment.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok and now...

Nora: Must be the hair
Nora: EATS JAUNE'S HAIR

Jaune: Ok, time to do menial hunter jobs.
Random girl: Here, have a casserole.
Jaune: Um, cool, but we are in the middle of the street while I am doing a menial job that requires one arm to lift a stop sign and another to instruct people. You see how this is an issue?
Random girl: forces casserole on jaune's arms and runs away
Commuters: Die horribly.

Robin: Hi clover, whom I might or not have fucked, what ya doing here.
Clover: Hi, I am doing official classified military business under ironwood's orders.
Robin: And what are those orders for which people might be risking grim for?
Clover: Not of your damn business.
Robin: tell me or face the consequences.
Clover: Wtf? This escalated way too quickly. I am here under official military business, if you interfere with this you will instantly become a criminal who can't run for any office.
Robin: Crap, that makes sense. Add to that the rumors that ironwood is killing off his political enemies. I might as well just dig a ditch and burry myself.
Clover: Ironwood isn't actually doing that but yeah, because of that touching you would look pretty bad.
Robin: So I get a freeby?
Clover: Yep.
Robin: Ok. Fucks off

Penny: SALUTATIONS SCOUNDRELS! Your invisibility is meaningless to me.
Robin: Damn, its the living nuke that protects and kinda probably suppresses mantle.
Penny: Indeed, it is I! Wait, suppress? Are you perhaps suggesting that I might unknowingly be a tool for the repression of the lower classes?
Robin: Erh, I am not saying it but I am also not not saying it. Anyways, you are here so clearly anything we try is futile.
Penny: Thank you for your patronage.
Robin: Fucks off.
Qrow: Why were we here?

Jacques: SUP VOTERS!!!!!!!!! fireworks in the background
Voters: Sup.
Jacques: Here is the deal: If you vote for me then everything will be freaking wonderful. If you don't vote for me I will make your lives a living hell. I will take the first born child of every family along with every orphan I can find and feed them to the grim.
Voters: Errrhhh, dude, are you high?
Jacques: I will also make dust less available for literally all of you while I am at it.
Voters: Isn't you being there saying that a criminal act?
Jacques: ME AND MY FAKE WHITE HAIR ARE THE LAW!
Fake white hair: evil laugh
Voters: HOLY SHIT HIS HAIR IS ALIVE! LETS RIOT RATHER THAN SEND THIS LUNATIC TO PRISON!

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Jaune's hair reaction is so funny

I am assuming taking cover of the riot Salem gang will try to kill the Winter Maiden.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Something I just thought about... There are 4 relics:

Crown of choice
Lamp of knowledge
Staff of creation
Sword of destruction

When we saw the lost fable we were introduced to two gods: The gods of creation and destruction. And you have weapons corresponding to them. But... you have two weapons left over. So there are two alternatives IMO:

1.- There are two additional gods on remnant corresponding to creation and destruction. If not that, perhaps lesser beings or servants which match this.

2.- The staff of creation and sword of destruction are special even among the relics.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Spoiler for something ( even if you watched EP 5 )

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That's the opening right? Is there something specific you are referring to?

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's the opening right?
It's not from an opening.. It's from the future episode

Here's the opening there's no such scene: